Getting the best garment steamer in UAE can just help your mornings be a little less hectic. Neither will you have to worry about the burning nor damaging any delicate fabric ever again. More so because this device doesn’t even touch the surface of your clothing. It rids your clothes from any crease with the help of steam from the water. Allowing you to save time and effort every time. Not to mention space as well since you do not need an ironing board. With some of the best one in the market you just might never use a traditional iron ever again.
Types of Garment Steamers
When you look for a garment steamer it will come to your notice that there are different types. More specifically two types and each of them have their own pros an cons. Read on tot know which would be the best one for you.
As the name would suggest to you this steamer is one which is held in the hand while you steam your garment. Giving it a one-hand usage functionality. These type of steamers are best for households and travelling, moreover last-minute ironing. These steamers have a sleek design including a water reservoir for you to refill water. The only limitation is that it can’t hold too much water and is best for small steaming tasks.
These floor models come with inbuilt hangers, adjustable poles, wheel attachments and flexible hose pipes that allow an easy manoeuvre while you steam your clothes. The usage is most common in many households, boutiques and tailor shops. Since it has a bigger water capacity and also heats faster thus getting the job done in no time. The obvious drawback is that you won’t be able to travel with this type even though it is much more efficient in comparison to its hand-held counterpart.
With that, you now know the difference between the lot and can consider the best one for you. But if your still doubtful if this device is suitable for you then read on further.
Which Fabrics Are Garment Steamers Better Than Irons For?
Steamers work better on clothing articles whose shape can be easily distorted or damaged. This includes pieces of clothing such as suits, delicate fabrics, jackets, screen printed shirts, or clothes made of silk, satin, polyester, etc. Irons work better on heavy and thicker clothing items like jeans and those that do not disfigure easily. Garments that burn easy benefit from steamers due to the lack of contact.
Garments difficult to iron like blazers and jackets respond well to steamers. Save yourself the troublesome laborious ordeal of constantly rotating the fabric pressing down. With a steamer, you can hang up a suit coat or jacket, grab the sleeve and watch the creases disappear effortlessly. Dressing up tidy and neat becomes effortless. After all, the last thing you want on a wrinkle-free shirt is a sweat-patch.
Garment steamers are a nifty addition if your wardrobe clothing comprises intricate folding patterns. Or if you work in an environment where dresses are constantly changing eg. costume/fashion designer, photographer, model. Perhaps you don’t care about being ultra-crisp with your dressing and just want to look presentable.
Decided to buy a garment steamer? Great! Now begs the eternal question.
Which Garment Steamer Do I Buy?
To help you make a decision, below are 5 steamers that take care of your everyday ironing needs.
- Capacity to Steam Many Clothes: This handheld steamer by Philips allows for horizontal as well as vertical steaming. This allows you to shift into a comfortable spot if you have a number of clothes to steam.
- Brush Accessories: Along with its smart flow heated plate, the gadget comes with brush accessories for thicker fabrics. You can use this steamer on both your delicate articles and washed curtains.
- Suitable for Silk and Satin: What’s more, you can press the steam plate against clothing without running the risk of any burning. Handy when steaming materials like silk and satin.
- Price: You can get this steamer at the approximate range of AED 210.
Rank 2: Black+Decker Garment Steamer
- High-Power: This 1500W power-packed steamer comes along with a universal bottle adapter making it an ideal travel partner.
- Light-Weight: Weighing just 1.1kg the steamer can fit in your utility bag with great ease.
- Great Capacity: The water tank capacity allows the steamer to hold up to 260ml.
- Get Rid of Wrinkles Easily: Even with its small size the steamer embodies dry, continuous steam, and burst steam features that help you get rid of those tricky wrinkles.
- No Overheating: To protect your steamer and clothes Black+Decker installed an overheating safety feature in addition to giving it a robust design.
- Comfortable to Hold: The ergonomic handle ensures you can operate the gadget with great ease and precision.
- Price: This device is available at around AED 150.
- Flexible: The ComfortTouch Plus comes with a FlexHead to easily reach the bottom of garments and 5 different settings for fabrics.
- Leaves your garments Bacteria-Free: The continuous steam ability removes not only unwanted creases but odour and kills 99.9% bacteria.
- Fragrance Infuser: What really puts this garment steamer in the limelight is the MyEssence fragrance infuser. Allowing you to add scents of your choice to your clothing.
- Extra Long Style Board: This board provides you with added support for easy steaming.
- Easy Rinse Function: Taking care of your appliance is simple and easy, use the Easy Rinse descaling function and add years to the steamers life.
- Price: Available for almost AED 580.
Rank 4: Tefal Pro-Style Garment Steamer
- Uninterrupted Cleaning: This Tefal steamer provides a continuous steam output of 30g/minute. Thus, it offers you efficient steaming sessions without any intervals.
- Large Metal Head: There’s no need for an ironing board since this garment steamer has an extra-large metal head offering high precision. Moreover, it is a highly convenient upright steamer.
- Power: Since it is equipped with 1700W of power it is perfect for daily steaming needs. Additionally, it’s also perfect for last-minute touch-ups and suitable for garments of several types.
- Automatic Shut Down Feature: The appliance intuitively shuts down in cases of overheating or water shortage.
- Levels of Steam: With 3 levels of steam, it can handle all types of fabrics. Right from the most delicate to the thickest.
- Heat-up Time: It takes not more than 45 seconds to heat up and features a removable 1.5L water tank.
- Accessory: It comes with a fabric brush to use on heavier fabrics. And it also has the de-calc solution for long-lasting performance.
- Cool-Touch Function: This Cool-Touch function ensures that your clothes do not burn, is an economical option and is value for money.
- Light Weight: The body comprises plastic and weighs only 4.7 kgs.
- Attractive Colours: The steamer comes in a combination of black and gold colours.
- Price: Bring this Tefal Pro-Style Garment Steamer home for an approximate price of AED 320.
- Higher Quality and Great Capacity: If you do not mind spending on quality then this Black+Decker offering may be the ideal choice. The water tank comprises a capacity of 2.4L.
- Long Flexible Hose: With a 1.4M flexible hose, the steamer head can reach every nook and cranny of your garment.
- Stain-Free Garments: Remove stains rapidly from clothing with the help of 3 levels of continuous steaming.
- Aluminium Poles for Increased Flexibility: Double adjustable aluminium poles give more flexibility and freedom to iron at your convenience.
- Easy Portability: The auto cord rewinding mechanism means no tangled wires getting stuck in the wheels as you move the steamer about.
- Price: With all these features this device will cost you around 380.
Features to Look for in a Garment Steamer
When you are looking for the best garment steamer you will have plenty of options to choose from. And this can be an overwhelming process. But if you know what features you would need to look into you can find the best product for you much quicker then you think. Therefore, here are a few list of features to see in your garment steamer.
The more the device can hold water the better. Since with this, you would not have to constantly refill the steamer. Therefore leaving you with a longer steaming session. Moreover, you need a bigger water reservoir because thicker and tougher fabric like that of upholstery, curtain and denim would require more steam and slightly longer steaming sessions.
The power would be the rate at which the device heats up for steaming. Thus it means the power wattage since higher the wattage the faster it will heat up. Which is why you need a more high power core steamer. As thus it will produce more steam and get rid of any crease faster. Since it should be viable on a more variety of fabrics consider higher wattage. Unless you do not plan to use the steam iron on tougher fabric like coats, jackets or denim then you can use a lower wattage one.
Length of cord
The length of the cord matters because this gives you the liberty to move away from the power socket along with the device. Thus enabling in-house portability. Besides this, you also lower the risk to causing any mishaps with the steam and heat. Since after all the best garment steamer uses water steam. Which can increase the humidity of the room thus causing a power shortage or even a fire to the nearby connected socket.
One of the reasons you would like to purchase a garment steamer is because its a handy device while travelling. Therefore if your device is smaller and lightweight it is much more convenient to carry around. Besides this, you have the factor that if the device is smaller the features will be convenient and easy to use. Thus make sure to keep this in mind as well.
Happy and Safe Ironing!
With the availability of handheld and stand, steamers choose one that best suits your needs. A hand-held steamer can be tedious to use for large batches of clothes without resting space. However, a handheld steamer is ideal for travelling as it is light, has a smaller tank size and can fit in your luggage. Choose a large steamer with a stand for the convenience of usage and if your steamer stays within the confinements of your home and workplace.
It is important to note that if you need creases down the sleeves of your shirt or pant a steam iron works better. Bearing that in mind some steamers do provide fairly simple-to-use creasing attachments. However, due to the lack of weight and pressure, the creases do not last very long. Be careful to not over steam your clothes as it can damage the seams in jackets and coats.
You can also browse through more steamers here.
It is beneficial to own both a steamer and a steam iron to ensure your fabrics are protected and you get crisp edges on clothes that require creases. Be sure to check out the best steam iron in UAE according to your unique requirement.