Is getting the best electric toothbrush in UAE going to affect more than your oral health? Absolutely! Hated your parents nagging you to brush your teeth during childhood? Well, you’ll be glad they did!
The Telegraph UK published a body of work in 2016 that showed brushing can slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. Further, a study by King’s College London stated that gum disease can be controlled through regular brushing and mouth wash treatments.
Furthermore, the best electric toothbrush in UAE can help you sport a glamorous smile. Halitosis (bad breath) is caused by bacteria formation on the tongue. The right toothbrush helps you stay on top of your game with the least amount of effort. It helps you reach into those otherwise difficult spots where food gets stuck.
So, what makes an electric toothbrush great and, how do you go about buying the best electric toothbrush in UAE? Here are a few things to look for and keep in mind.
2 minute timer
Search for a toothbrush that offers you a two-minute timer. Just as the dentist says ‘twice a day for two minutes’. Statistics show that 4% of adults brush their teeth for 30 seconds or less. This can damage teeth and gums. Most brushes will come with a timer to notify you when 2 minutes are up or when you are approaching the mark. Either that or they switch off automatically. Its function is to eliminate the guessing that so many of us are guilty of.
This is another timer that also runs for two minutes. This feature, however, splits up the brushing into 30 seconds for 4 quadrants of the mouth. This reduces the chances of one brushing just one half or the front of one side. Each interval has a slight pause so you can move over to the next section of your mouth. Other cleaning modes have similar patterns but have different intervals.
Pressure sensors are the technological advancement in toothbrushes and should be featured in the best electric toothbrush in UAE. Brushing with excessive force can damage the enamel. This leads to increased sensitivity and pain over time. To combat this pressure sensors recognize the application of excessive force and counteract it. For example, a light may go off indicating that you should use less pressure. Alternatively, there may be a vibration in the handle, a pause in the brush motor, or an audible sound to notify you of the same. Having a pressure sensor can boost your oral hygiene routine instead of damaging your teeth with excessive force.
Needless to say, a good battery enables you to use your toothbrush for longer. You may buy one that needs pencil cells or comes with a charger. Some options may even feature USB charging so you are never left without battery while on-the-go.
With this understanding, you are ready to choose the best electric toothbrush in UAE according to your budget and dental needs.
Rank 1: Oral-B Pro Toothbrush
- Number of Heads and Price: The brush has a single head. The product costs roughly AED 390.
- Charging System: The Oral-B toothbrush has its own charger and comes with a 2 pin UK plug.
- Cleaning Modes: Daily clean and gum care are the two cleaning modes that this electric brush comes with. They both utilize the two-minute professional timer.
- Pressure Sensor: Yes. The pressure control feature reduces brushing speed. Also, it notifies you when you apply excessive force.
- Added Features: Teeth whitening by removing surface stains.
Rank 2: Philips Sonicare Toothbrush
- Number of Heads and Price: The toothbrush comes with two brush heads. You can buy this advanced electric toothbrush for roughly AED 950.
- Charging System: Features a dual charging system. You can charge the toothbrush by plugging it into a wall socket. Or, you can leave it in the case provided and connect it to your laptop via USB to charge.
- Cleaning Modes: The brush features 5 different cleaning modes. Namely, clean, gum care, polish, sensitive, and white mode. This allows you to choose a mode that is perfect for your gums and sensitivity.
- Pressure Sensor: No mention.
- Added Features: Healthy cleaning around the gum line makes your gums healthier in just two weeks.
- Number of Heads and Price: This electric toothbrush comes with one brush head. It offers a deeper clean and prevents gum disease with its Floss Action brush head. The brush costs approximately AED 135.
- Charging System: The brush comes with a charger so you do not need to buy batteries.
- Cleaning Modes: Features the two-minute timer so that you do not cut short your oral care routine. To accompany this is the 2D cleaning action for better plaque removal.
- Pressure Sensor: No.
- Added Features: MicroPulse bristles that reach deep between teeth.
Rank 4: Oral-B Genius Toothbrush
- Number of Heads and Price: The brush comes with 4 replaceable heads. The brush costs roughly AED 550.
- Charging System: The brush comes with its own charger that can be connected to a wall socket.
- Cleaning Modes: It packs in 6 cleaning modes that allow you to address your dental hygiene needs, no matter how specific. With features like teeth whitening, sensitive cleaning, gum care, tongue cleaning and teeth cleaning you get all-around care.
- Pressure Sensor: Yes
- Added Features: The brush comes with Bluetooth connectivity. Further, the electric toothbrush produces 40000 strokes per minute.
Rank 5: Oral-B PRO 3D Toothbrush
- Number of Heads and Price: Single brush head with 3D action oscillates to rotate and pulsate, thus removing plaque. The brush costs roughly AED 525.
- Charging System: The brush comes with its own charger.
- Cleaning Modes: Features just a single cleaning mode ‘daily clean‘. It, however, does come with the recommended 2-minute timer.
- Pressure Sensor: No
- Added Features: The brush sports a special polishing cup. It helps remove surface stains while the bristles clean plaque.
Pros & Cons of an Electric Toothbrush
- Ease: The brush does most of the hard work for you as you simply have to stand and hold it.
- Pressure: Electric toothbrushes ensure you do not brush with too much pressure. Something manual brushes lack and can damage your teeth over time.
- Long lasting: Electric toothbrushes can last up to nearly an entire year. However, it is wise to change the head every 3-4 months.
- Designed for healthy teeth: The very nature of electric toothbrushes enables them to remove much more plaque than manual ones.
- Fun: Electric toothbrushes are nifty appliances. Getting your kids to brush regularly need not be a struggle.
- Charging: Electric toothbrushes do come with a limitation. They need to be charged regularly. This may be through a wall socket, USB connection, or traditional battery. Without charge, an electric toothbrush cannot be used as a manual brush.
- Harsh cleaning: Even with cleaning modes some people may find electric toothbrushes harsh. Extra sensitive teeth and gums may cause bleeding and irritation. Check for a brush with sensitive cleaning/care features. Alternatively, you can consult your dentist for an expert opinion on which one to purchase.
With the best electric toothbrush in UAE, brushing your teeth will never be boring. Prevent any gum disease and increase your overall oral hygiene with this tool. Consider using an electric toothbrush in conjunction with a mouth wash for best results. For men, add these men’s grooming gadgets to clean up better and compliment your broad smile.