Have you recently purchased a food processor but are scared to operate it? If yes, here’s a step-by-step food processor guide created for beginners, right from assembling to usage. So, if you’re one of those who is unfamiliar with assembling a food processor or how to use it then you’re at the right place. We have covered it all in this guide. Believe me, with a bit of learning and practice, you’ll be able to use your food processor like a professional in no time.
Food Processor Beginners Guide – Step by Step Process
1. Assembling your Food Processor
The first and most important thing to do before you start to use your food processor is to check whether all the parts are clean. Ensure all the parts are free of grease, oil, food particles, and dirt. Next, you need to assemble all these parts properly. Assembling is nothing but putting all the parts together in the right order. Regardless of which food processor you use, assembling will always be the first and the major step. Generally, a food processor comes with an electric base, a blade shaft, a plastic work bowl, a work bowl lid, and multiple blades. Additionally, food processors also come with a feed tube and a plunger.
2. Setting Up the Base
The base is the heaviest part of the food processor since it contains the motor. So, ensure you set up your food processor on a sturdy and flat surface always.
3. Read the User/Instruction Manual
Thirdly, consider reading the user/instruction manual that came with your food processor provided by the manufacturer. This will help you to know more about your food processor model. After going through the instruction manual, you will not only be familiar with the processor parts, but you will also be able to use your appliance safely. Additionally, it will also help you to identify the discs and blades that have come with this appliance and the purpose of each of these.
4. Gather your ingredients and equipment
You will need the food processor itself, as well as the blades and discs that you will need for the task at hand. For example, if you are making a pesto, you will need a chopping blade. If you are making dough, you will need the dough blade.
5. Secure the lid
Most food processors will not run unless the lid is securely in place. The lid helps to prevent food from flying out of the food processor while it is running.
6. Add the ingredients to the bowl
Do not overfill the bowl, as this can cause the food processor to overflow. The food processor bowl should be no more than two-thirds full.
7. Attach the desired blade or disc
Each blade or disc is designed for a specific task, so make sure to use the right one for the job. For example, the chopping blade is used for chopping vegetables, the slicing blade is used for slicing vegetables, and the shredding blade is used for shredding vegetables.
8. Pulse the food processor until the desired consistency is achieved
Do not over-blend, as this can make the food mushy. The pulse button allows you to control the speed of the food processor. This is useful for chopping or slicing foods, as it allows you to stop the food processor and adjust the consistency of the food as needed.
9. Remove the blade or disc and discard any food that remains on it.
10. Clean the food processor thoroughly after use
This will prevent food from spoiling and making the food processor dirty. The food processor should be washed with warm, soapy water and rinsed thoroughly. You can also use a dishwasher to clean the food processor.
Here are some additional tips for using a food processor:
- For best results, cut larger food items into smaller pieces before adding them to the food processor. This will help to prevent the food from clogging the blades.
- If you are making a dough, start by pulsing the ingredients until they are crumbly. Then, turn on the food processor and let it run until the dough comes together.
- Use the pulse button for chopping or slicing foods. This will help you to control the consistency of the food.
- Do not overfill the food processor bowl. This can cause the food to splatter and make a mess.
- Clean the food processor immediately after use. This will prevent food from drying on the blades and making them difficult to clean.