Looking for the best washing machine in UAE? You have come to the right place. There are many things to consider before you buy a washing machine. Making a decision to buy a front load or top load, semi-automatic or automatic one that fits within your budget can seem daunting. We demystify all of that here and help you buy better.
Best Washing Machine in UAE – Quick List
|Washing Machine||Capacity||Type||Check Price|
|Hoover Front Loading Washer Dryer WDXOC485C1/1-80||8 Kg||Front Load||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Whirlpool Front Loading FWF71052W GCC||7 Kg||Front Load||Price in Amazon.ae|
|LG Front Load F2J5QNP7S||7 Kg||Front Load||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Hoover Front Load Washing Machine HL 1071D1/1-04||7 Kg||Front Load||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Bosch Front Load Washing Machine WAT2446SGC||9 Kg||Front Load||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Samsung Front Load Washer & Dryer WD70K5410OW||7 Kg||Front Load||Price in Amazon.ae|
Decide your Washing Machine Capacity
How much capacity you need in your washing machine typically depends on how big your wash loads are. Usually, your family size will determine that, but it could differ if you accumulate your wash-loads to a weekend or something.
Generally speaking, here is a quick chart that tells you how big a washing machine you need for your size of family.
Types of Washing Machines in UAE with Budget
It’s a fact that you can’t ignore the price. While you may not solely base on your decision on the price it is important to factor in. Especially, since you have a wide variety of washing machine options to choose from and bring home. The search can be endless, with thousands of unique products in your face from multiple brands. Further divided by different categories of washing machines, you need to make the best buy as per your requirement.
Semi-Automatic, Twin Tub Washing Machine
Price Range: AED 500 – 1000 with some options less than AED 500.
One of the issues faced with fully automatic washing machines is that they require a lot of water. All the areas across UAE do not have an abundant supply of water. So, in this case, it is always better to go for the semi-automatic variant of the washing machine. It will come handy for people staying in areas affected by water problems. In the semi-automatic machines, you have to transfer the clothes manually to the spin tub after the washing cycle is over. Thus, you find the semi-automatic machines having two tubs. Otherwise, the mechanism, as well as energy consumption features, are more or less the same.
Super General Twin Tub Semi Automatic Washing Machine – Top load, semi-automatic with 7Kg capacity at just around AED 450 mark.
LG Twin Tub Semi Automatic Washing Machine – Metal body semi-automatic with 14 Kg capacity, ideal for large families at around AED 1000.
Top Loading, Fully Automatic Washing Machine
Price Range: AED 1000 to 2000
Top loading, fully automatic washing machines are narrower than the front load washing machines. You need to load it from the top by lifting the lid. Some of the pros of a top-load fully-automatic washing machine are listed here. First of all, they are lighter in weight in comparison to front-loading washing machines. Secondly, they are lower in cost as compared to these. To use this type of machine you need to set the functions of the wash. The machine will do the rest of the work for you right from washing to drying. You don’t have to bend down to unload and load the machine.
Nikai 12kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine: This washing machine is costing around AED1,120 and has a capacity of 12 kgs. The body is made of Zinc-coated steel material. Some of the special features include Electric water level sensor, Digital display, Transparent top lid, and 3D waterfall current. Making the appliance ideal for a large family. Further, the washing machine is easy and convenient to use.
LG 16 kg Top Loading Washing Machine: Equipped with “Smart Inverter Technology” and stainless steel silver looks has a metal body and capacity of 16 kgs. TurboDrum technology enables the most powerful wash that can remove the toughest dirt. A strong water stream, rotating drum, and pulsator moving in the opposite direction performs this.
Front Loading, Fully Automatic Washing Machine
Price Range: AED 1500 to 2500
The biggest advantage of this type of machine is that instead of loading your clothes from the top, these washing machines have a door on the front side. Better wash quality, a big thank you to their long wash cycles and tumble wash. It is more water-efficient, uses less energy and consists of more cycle settings. Some of the cons are that they are more expensive and heavier than top-load models. Secondly, you have to fix it in one place, hence it cannot be moved around easily once installed.
Whirlpool freestanding front-loading washing machine: It has a spacious capacity of 7 kgs. The material used in making this piece is metal. A fast, resource-efficient 1000 revolutions per minute spin speed. Benefit from its 30-minute quick wash when you are short on time. Now available for around AED950.
LG 7 kg FrontLoad Washing Machine: It is available for a price of around AED1,600. The material used in making it is Metal. A large capacity of 7 kgs. Its 6-motion Inverter DD mechanism makes it suitable to treat all kinds of fabric.
Without much further ado, here are our rankings for the best washing machine in UAE based on quality, specifications, budget and more. Take a look at all of them and find the one most suitable for your needs.
After thorough research, we have concluded that this particular washing machine from Hoover is the best washing machine in UAE. The reason for its high-rank of number 1 is as follows:
- Capacity at Price: This is a front load washing machine that has an 8 kg wash capacity and 5 kg drying capacity. The price of around AED 1,800 is great for this capacity.
- Spin Speed: At 1400 rpm this is the most powerful washing machine out there.
- Wash Capacity: A big thank you to this 8 kg wash capacity (equivalent to 40 shirts!) you’ll soon get through your laundry basket. Comprises 10 washing programs.
- Speedy Wash: There’s also a speedy 14-minute quick wash for when you need something in a rush.
- Save Energy: Featuring intelligent wash technology, the sensor weighs the laundry during the first 4 minutes of the cycle, then adjusts the cycle time, water and electricity consumption to suit the size of the load, helping you save on your energy bills.
- Digital Functionality: The large digital display makes this washer dryer simple to use. Just select the program you require and press the start button. The display shows you the program selected and the amount of time it will take to perform the wash chosen. It includes a countdown timer which keeps you updated on how much time is left before the wash is complete.
Model: FWF71052W GCC
Whirlpool brand is universally known and loved for its good quality products offering a good performance. Here’s another great one from them.
- Fresh Care: This keeps garments fresh preserving maximum hygiene by gently tumbling them after the cycle ends. Inhibits the proliferation of the main odour sources even when the laundry is left inside the drum for several hours. The appliance is made available to you at roughly AED 1,260.
- Soft Move: Customized drum movement providing tailored care of your garments.
- Colours 15o Plus: Offering an incredibly effective 15°C wash that keeps your colours brighter for longer. A veil of softener in the pre-wash protects the colours from fading. It is energy-saving and delivers the same cleaning results as a 40° wash.
- Start Delay: You can set the time for your selected program to begin when it is most convenient – for example, at night or when electricity rates are lower. 30-minute quick wash.
- Capacity: It features a spacious capacity of 7 kg.
- Spin Speed: A fast, resource-efficient 1000 RPM spin speed.
Here is another high capacity option at a good price.
- Capacity at a Good Price: This washing machine has 7 kg capacity, slightly less than our winner. Available at a price of around AED 1,600.
- Strong Material & Good Looks: This bad boy is made out of metal which makes it sturdier. As an added advantage, the silver finish looks pretty sleek and gives it a fine finish.
- Optimal Wash: The LG front load washing machine’s 6-motion Inverter DD mechanism makes it suitable to treat all kinds of fabric. The optimized motion combinations for each fabric type allow proper utilization of energy. There are three motions for powerful washing: stepping, filtration, and scrubbing; while three motions – tumble, rolling, and swing – are configured for a delicate wash.
- Smart Diagnosis for Fast Troubleshooting: The Smart Diagnosis technology renders a faster, easier way to figure out issues and solve them automatically, eliminating the need to call the technician. To troubleshoot your appliance, you just have to dial the LG customer service number and place your smartphone on the appliance. The machine automatically communicates with the computerized customer service to diagnose the issue within seconds. Following which the machine troubleshoots itself, leaving you with a ready-to-use machine.
Model: HL 1071D1/1-04
- Capacity at Good Price: Another 7kg washing machine, available at a price of around AED 1,500 which is rather reasonable.
- No Need to Separate Colors: With the Hoover 16 programs washing machine, separating laundry into different wash loads is a thing of the past. The highly sophisticated All-in-One technology safely accommodates a variety of clothes without any color run.
- Hand Wash Program: This washing machine comes with a gentle wash program. This feature is employed explicitly for the delicate Hand Wash Only garments to ensure excellent fabric care.
- One-Touch Operation: This interactive equipment is capable of taking your commands with just one touch. And, you can avail various benefits of this washing machine with the help of a smartphone app. This functionality lets you control your washing machine and also download new cycles to ensure hassle-free washing experience.
- 3D Dynamic Wash: The 3D dynamic wash technology utilizes a unique drum design to generate 3D motion inside the drum. The 3D dynamics improve water circulation among the clothes for more effective wash and reduce creasing. Further, It also protects delicate fabrics and prevents them from piling.
- Low Spin Speed: At 1000 rpm, this machine might be a bit underpowered for large loads. However, it functions just fine for smaller families.
Bosch has been a very trusted brand for many years, here is a high capacity washing machine from the company. With its increasingly large capacity, this is probably the best washing machine in UAE for heavy loads of large families.
- Capacity and Price: This machine has a capacity of 9 kg which is great for large families and is available at a price of around AED 1,640.
- EcoSilence Drive: Extremely energy-efficient with a consumption indicator and quiet in operation with a 10-year motor warranty.
- WaveDrum: Especially gentle and efficient washing thanks to a unique drum structure.
- Reduced Vibration: The new design of the side walls is not only eye-catching: the system also provides more stability and reduces vibration.
- ActiveWater Technology: This consists of three components: the sensor-controlled, continuous automatic load adjustment, the optimized water induction, and the drum system. To avoid water wastage, the sensor adjusts the exact water consumption to the wash, according to the fabric type and quantity.
- Vario Drum Technology: The clothes are soaked faster and more evenly through the optimized water inflow which is particularly mild and gentle. The water gets distributed evenly and quickly. Thanks to the VarioSoft or Vario drum and its droplet-shaped structure and paddles.
- No Wastage of Water: ActiveWater washing machines make a significant contribution to efficient water management in your home. They help you do your part of using water wisely and minimizing wastage.
- Average Spin Speed: At 1200 RPM, the power might be below average considering the 9 kg capacity.
Rank 6: Samsung 7 Kg Wash Washer & Dryer
- Pricey for its Capacity: 7 Kg Wash & 5 Kg Dry capacity which is good, but this product is available at a price of around AED 2,700.
- Sturdier Metal Body: The material used in making this washing machine is Metal.
- Diamond Drum & Child lock
- “Add Wash” feature lets you simply and quickly add forgotten clothes after your cycle has already started.
- Rinse & Spin Dry only: You can also easily pop in hand-washed clothes that you just want to rinse or spin dry.
- Eco Bubble Technology delivers powerful cleaning, even at low temperatures*. Detergent is turned into bubbles, so it quickly penetrates the fabric and removes dirt easily, while protecting the fabric and saving energy.
Since you have a clear idea now of which washing machine to consider buying. Let us move to the next most important thing in store. Buying the best washing machine in UAE is not the end, even with the right machine are you washing your clothes correctly? With poor washing methods, you can reduce the lifespan of your clothes and in some cases render them unusable. Which is better to use for your clothes to last longer? Is it a washing machine powder or a liquid detergent? How much to use and so on. Read further to know more and get all your answers.
Washing Machine Powder Vs Liquid Detergent?
Nobody likes wearing faded, pilling off, torn clothes that look old, or ones blotched up with stains. It may be a college event or an important meeting to attend and a faded shirt won’t cut it. What creates a strong first impression is wearing clean and well-washed clothes that look as good as new. To supplement your look, ensure your clothes are wrinkle-free. To do this consider getting the best steam iron in UAE. As the saying goes “The first impression is the last impression”.
Using a washing machine for the first time? Or are you an experienced washing machine user? Regardless you need to know which detergent is correct for your machine and fabrics. There are a variety of detergents available, hence using the wrong one can complicate matters instead of solving them. Here, I have penned down some points for you to consider as soon as you decide to turn on your washing machine. This will help you in knowing the difference between the two.
Powder Detergent or Liquid Detergent?
Ever wondered whether using a powder detergent or liquid detergent makes a difference to your washing machine? The answer to this is YES! A remarkable difference, I might add. It can cost you much more than you could think of if not used in the right manner. We shall now see when to use it. When you hand wash your clothes, using a soap bar or powder detergent is the best. But, when it comes to using a fully automatic washing machine, keep powder detergents and soap bars away.
As a matter of fact, fully automatic washing machines use less water as compared to the hand wash of clothes. Hence, you will notice that powder detergents do not dissolve entirely into the water. These detergents form soapsuds that stick to your clothes in the form of white residue. Especially on the coloured fabrics, thereby damaging the appearance of your clothes. Make sure you follow this the next time you wash your clothes. Just in case your clothes are kind of messed up due to the powder detergent, then rewash your clothes. Instead, you can use a liquid detergent.
Why is a Liquid Detergent Better than a Washing Machine Powder?
Liquid detergents are equipped with multiple advantages over the traditionally used soap powders. Firstly, liquid detergents get dissolved faster as compared to soap powders in water. Secondly, they don’t create white residues that stick to your clothes, as they don’t form any soapsuds. Thirdly, they help in faster stain removal. The advantage of using liquid detergents over soap powders is you save a lot of soap as well as water. Liquid detergents are concentrated solutions, this means even a small amount can help you through an entire wash. On the other hand, soap powders require larger quantities of water to dissolve completely as compared to liquid detergents.
Besides buying the best washing machine in UAE, we should also know that today’s washing machines prefer the use of liquid detergents over machine soap powders. The reason behind this is they possess special types of soap dispensers. Liquid detergents do not contain bleach, thus making it another reason for being a better option. Therefore, it is ideal for washing woolen and silk clothes.
Soap powders come with a built-in bleach formula. Bleach, as we all know can damage the delicate fabric and affect the colour of the clothes as well. Hence, making it a deadly substance. Liquid detergents are better to opt for because they dissolve in hot as well as cold water. They do not harm the different parts of the machine since they dissolve entirely in water. Cleaning the washing machine is easy as these liquid detergents do not stick to the parts of the machine.
When are Soap Powders preferred over Liquid Detergents?
Soap powders are preferable over liquid detergents when a lot of white clothes need to be washed. If you have naughty kids at home then you will experience how playful and stubborn they are. Children are prone to dirtying their white clothes over their coloured school uniforms. The toughest challenge parents face is removing the mud and grease from these white clothes. That too with the help of liquid detergents. You may have to use your hands to clean the mud before you put the clothes in the washing machine. To avoid all this, use soap powders. With minimum scrubbing, they are capable of removing large quantities of mud and grease, thus serving you better.
Different Types of Detergents for your Washing Machine
You can opt for “Do It Yourself” liquid detergents, soapless detergents, and detergent pods. These are in addition to the washing machine powders and liquid detergents available in the market. Each of them has its own advantages.
- “DIY” liquid detergents comprise the mixing of different liquid detergents together. The fragrance is a major element in these types of detergents.
- If hard water is supplied in your homes, then soapless detergents are ideal. They do not cause flaking, thereby protecting your expensive washing machine parts.
- Detergent pods contain detergents and softening ingredients in a polyvinyl film packet. In order to save soap and lots of water, you can place these detergent pods directly into the machine. It is important to ensure that these pods are kept out of reach from children.
Top Load vs Front Load Washing Machines
There are mixed reviews on front-load vs top-load washing machines. When making a decision look at the available space in your home. Top load washing machines are better for smaller areas, as they do not need to swing open the way front-load machines do. There more points to base your decision on. Consumers are always looking out for ways to get what they are paying for. I believe, choosing between a front load and top load washing machine is a personal choice. Here are 8 factors that will help you to choose between the two
Which is Easier to Use?
Top-loading washing machines are more convenient since you don’t have to bend over to load and unload clothes. Thus, making it ideal for aged buyers and those with joint problems. To reduce this issue with front loaders, consider installing the units on laundry pedestals that raise the units about 12-15″. In addition, top loaders enable you to add clothes during mid-cycle, or even right after starting the cycle. If you have forgotten your favourite t-shirt or a pair of socks in the clothes basket then it is easy to add them to a top-loading machine. These machines distribute the fabric softener evenly compared to its counterpart i.e the front loading machines. Apart from this, top-loading washing machines can also collect lint.
How Quickly Do They Wash?
Top loading washing machines with an agitator tend to wash the clothes faster compared to its counterpart. Thus, making it an ideal option for people who desire a quick wash of their clothes. Clothes are continuously immersed in water in a top load washer (with an agitator), hence they wash clothes faster. All top-loaders are not the same since some have an agitator and some don’t. An agitator is a mechanism that creates motion by shaking and forcing water through the machine leading to vibration. This mechanism is within the washer. Machines with agitators are quick to wash. But machines without an agitator can clean better that too with more clothes at once by using less water. These machines are known as high-efficiency (HE) washing machines and cost more.
Which Cleans Better?
Despite the fact that top-loading washing machines can be easier on your back and convenient to use. They can be rougher on clothes, especially if the machine is overloaded. Besides this, they experience a difficult time washing larger items, such as pillows and comforters. The reason being, these clothes won’t fully immerse in the water. On the other hand, front loaders are gentler with clothes. Hence, front-loading machines are better at this job.
Front loading washing machines are more expensive compared to their counterparts. This is justifiable since they offer more quality cleaning and are more energy and water-efficient. According to TXU energy, average front-loading washing machines use 40% less water than the average top-loading washing machines. Research states that America’s 2nd biggest water expense comes from washing machines. Front-loading washing machines can cut down this cost. There are Consumer Reports that rate front-loading washing machines higher as excellent and very good. But, top loaders are normally being rated poor or fair. The upfront cost will always be more for a front loader, but in the long run, you will save. Thus, your total expense evens out.
Which is More Flexible for Installation?
Confused which one to opt for because of the less space in your house? Consider purchasing a front-loading washing machine. The reason being they have the ability to be stacked with a dryer. In this way, it uses less space as compared to a top-loading machine. Many houses and rented places have their laundry equipment located in small closets where the only option available is vertical space. Even those, however, who have a bigger area prefer vertical as it saves them the additional floor space for storage. Storage for other household items increases and the overall appeal of your home appears clutter-free.
Front-loading washing machines spin about 33% times faster compared to the top-loading washing machines during the final spin cycle. This is great to keep pace with day-to-day activities. This indicates that more water will be removed from the clothes before you transfer them to the dryer. Your clothes, as a result, will dry faster in the dryer and will be easily transferable between the two units. The only drawback is that the spin cycle of the front-loaders leads to a lot of vibration making noise that is very annoying. But overall, a front-loader would win.
The Mold (Smell) Issue
The biggest issue faced with using a front-loading washing machine is that mold can build up around the door’s rubber gasket with time. Front-loading washing machines, therefore, require a lot more maintenance than top-loading washing machines. Top-loading washing machines don’t face this issue since they rely on gravity to pull down water. Hence the water doesn’t get trapped in any seals.
Are You Taking Care of Your Washing Machine?
- Daily Maintenance: Once you finish washing your clothes, always keep the door of the machine open. This will let the moisture and dampness dry out. To avoid any musty smell inside the tub, you need to keep your washing machine moisture-free and dry. If a lot of greasy and dirty load was washed, ensure you clean the machine walls with a damp cloth. Additionally, you need to clean the tub with a damp cloth to remove any slimy buildup.
- Don’t Wash Heavy Stuff: Never wash heavy carpets and rubber mats in your washing machine. This will cause internal damage by the pressure exerted on the washing machine motor.
- Understand and Follow Washing Machine Settings: Most of the washing machines in UAE have 3 types of wash settings. They are normal, medium and strong. Always select the normal wash option for standard loads. Go for a normal or medium setting if you are washing baby clothes or any delicate clothes. Select strong setting when you are washing very dirty and greasy loads. Always select the right setting depending upon the type of clothes to be washed. Avoid negligence in order to avoid damage to your washing machine.
- Clean the Interiors of Your Washing Machine: Unfortunately, your washing machine can’t clean itself, although it can wash your clothes. So, it is your duty to clean it and maintain it. If your washing machine is equipped with this filter. Detach the removable lint filter and remove the lint off your clothes and attach it back, Lint is dangerous as it clogs the water pipes resulting in improper washing of clothes. Ensure you check the filter of your washing machine in case your clothes look old. In order to remove the detergent build-up, grease, and dirt from the tub, dispenser and water pipes. Just run the machine with water, 2 cups of white vinegar or lime juice with a hot wash. Performing this once in 3 months ensures the interior of your machine and outlet pipe are clean of grease. Further, this will help you protect your machine from hard water, residue, and other potentially-harmful build ups too.
- Remove Rust: If your clothes develop reddish-orange spots after being washed in the washing machine then this is due to rust. See to it that you look for the rusted spots in your tub or dispenser. You can remove these rust spots by adding 2 cups of lemon juice and running the machine for one wash cycle on hot water. If this tip doesn’t work then you will have to get the tub changed. Sometimes it so happens, that the rust is present in the water pipes. The water used gets rust particles from the pipe. In such cases, you will have to replace the pipes.
Washing Machine FAQ’s
Both have their pros and cons. Front loading washing machines are gentler with clothes. Unlike top loaders, they wash large items such as pillows and comforters without any hassle. Moreover, front loaders are more energy and water-efficient. Besides this, they offer more quality cleaning. On the contrary, top-loading washing machines are more convenient compared to front-loading machines. This is because you don’t have to bend over to load and unload clothes. Hence, it is an ideal option for aged people and those facing joint problems.
The price of the washing machine depends upon its capacity and the brand that you opt for. Consider reading the washing machine price guide article for detailed information on the budget as per the capacity. Additionally, this article will also help you in purchasing the ideal capacity of the washing machine. Depending upon your family size and how often you wash your clothes.
Using an automatic washing machine is really simple. Firstly, pull out the dispenser drawer and add the detergent to it. Add adequate amount of detergent depending upon the size of your clothes. After you do this, turn on the washer and select the cycle depending upon your clothes. Select the setting and begin the cycle. The control panel will reflect the cycle time. This will give you an indication of the amount of time in which your clothes will be ready.
Purchasing the best washing machine in UAE is not enough. You need to clean it regularly and maintain it well. Read 9 tips to keep the washing machine from damaging clothes. Following these tips will help your washing machine function well and last for long years too. Besides this, you can save your clothes from damage too.
The spin speed in a washing machine is the speed at which the tub spins when in the final cycle. During the process, the washing machine empties the water. The tub spins around very fast to wring the water out of the clothes. Thus making effort to dry the clothes. Moreover, it minimises the amount of time for the clothes drying on the line.
I trust you found the information on the best washing machine in UAE useful. To conclude this article I would like to say “Washing machines are no more a luxury, they are a necessity for every household today”. So choose wisely. I really hope this informative article guided your decision. The perfect washing machine is one which suits your requirements by keeping the budget in mind. In addition to buying the best washing machine in UAE, you can also read 9 tips to keep the washing machine from damaging clothes. This will give you added information on how to get your clothes out of the washing machine clean and as good as new.