The best treadmill in UAE can help you lose weight and stay healthy. Keeping up with your this year’s new year resolution will be easier. As you can have a run whenever you have the time for it without having to travel to a gym every day. Therefore saving on your gym membership fee. Browsing through multiple websites and 100+ products has only revealed that there are actually quite a few good ones. Like Powermax Fitness, Sparnod, Skyland, and more products. You can now spend your time productively by working out. Or even simply relieve stress. This one gadget can work wonders for your whole family by simply walking on it. What are you waiting for? Get the best one for you and keep up to your 2021 fitness resolution.
Best Treadmill in UAE – Quick List
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
Sparnod Fitness STH-3010
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
Sparnod Fitness Automatic STH-1200
Also a Great Option
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
Why Buy a Treadmill for Home?
Gyms have their plus points, but they are not for everyone. There are many reasons to have a treadmill and some other exercise equipment at home. It gives you a lot more flexibility and options. Here are some reasons why you may want to get one at home.
- No need to visit crowded gyms where there is a threat to catch Corona virus
- With a treadmill at home, you can workout at your own schedule. Like some exercise at 10pm, not problem.
- Your workout schedule can also be flexible. There are those days when you have that urgent call right when you plan to workout.
- If you don’t like stinky changing rooms, then a treadmill at home is for you.
- Not every is comfortable working out in full view of strangers
- Gym fees and schedules can be a strain. Treadmill is an initial investment, but saves you money in the long run.
- Enjoy personalized entertainment instead of blaring music at the gym
Gym: Pros & Cons
Apart from this is the gym fees. The gym fees in UAE are not at all cheap or reasonable. They charge you a bomb. One of the most important things to note is that once you join the gym, you have to continue. You can’t stop going since you’ll put on more weight or even double the weight when you stop. Therefore, you need to keep all these things in mind before joining a gym.
Furthermore, you can also listen to music, talk on the phone, work on your PC or laptop and watch TV too while working out at home. Since you can multitask while using the treadmill, your work out turns out to be more interesting and fun. Hence, it’s not a burden and neither boring. Additionally, treadmills aren’t just a single skill specialist. You can always switch up your workouts to include a variety of cardio. This includes jogging, walking, running and sprinting. Make a commitment to this marvellous combo and nothing can stop you from losing weight. As well as gaining muscles, improving your heart health, and increasing your endurance.
Powermax Fitness is considered one of the best treadmill options in UAE for its amazing build quality, great features and latest functionalities.
- Heart Rate: The in-built feature of keeping a track of the heart rate is indeed a good to have feature. All you have to do is simply grab the handle grip and the device records your heart rate. This is possible since the sensors are in the handle grip of the gadget.
- Motor: The motor which is one of the main functioning of the device is of 1.75 HP DC motor which is 3.75 HP Peak.
- Running Belt Technology: While you get the best treadmill in UAE you have to ensure that even the belt has good features. This is why this belt not only removes shock with the multiple layers but also each layer has a unique function. The layers are as follows: surface layer, PEP Soundproof layer, Shock reducing soft cushion, EVA Soundproof layer and a compressed layer.
- Running Presets: Along with the free walking setting you also have 12 different pre-set programs and also 3 target based modes to choose from as per your wants and needs. Making it a much more versatile walking machine.
- Speakers: Furthermore you have the feature of the inbuilt Hi-Fi speakers which you can play music right from your phone. All you would have to do is connect your phone to the device with the help of an aux cable.
- Energy Saving: Having a good and powerful motor made of 100% copper core, is a feature which uses lesser battery power and even makes lesser noise while in use (68dB).
- Foldable: With the feature of folding the running pad of the gadget you can save a lot of space, making it a good fit in any room. Moreover, the manual lock ensures once that it is folded it is locked in place.
Additional Features of PowerMax Fitness Unisex Treadmill
- Display: Having a 5.5-inch LED display is handy. Since you can easily keep track of your progress. Moreover, this screen displays the speed, time, distance, calories burned and also heart rate.
- Surface: For this device, you have a comfortable running surface of 1100 x 400mm/ 43.3 x 15.7 inches. Letting you have a light walking session, jogging and even good for a good run.
- Capacity: This device is built strong enough to take weight of up to 100kgs easily.
- Holder: While using this device you can prop up your phone in the in-built mobile holder and you can be sure it will be safe and within eyesight, if you need it.
- Dimensions: The size of this device isn’t big since it is of the dimension of 186 x 76 x 125 cm and with the fitted wheels you can easily move the gadget around as well.
- Warranty: With this product, you have a warranty period of 3 years for the motors. As for a lifetime of warranty for the frame and 1 year covering the parts and labour.
- Multi-Function: You can use this treadmill as a walking medium while you perform your daily work. And also slide the handlebar up and use it for your daily run.
- Mode: For this device, you have 2 modes namely walking and running. Both of which need to be adjusted as per your needs.
- Speed: The speed of the running belt is within the range of 1-4km/h. Which can be activated only when the riser handlebar is up.
- Foldable: Since you can slide down and up the bar, this makes the device convenient to store away when not in use. Thus, taking up less space in your house.
- Motor: This device is motor powered which makes it a strong and durable treadmill. Giving up to 2.25 HP (4 HP Peak) of DC motor power.
- Quiet Performance: You can use this device at any time of the day or night at your convenience as it makes no noise while you do so.
- Belt Technology: The running belt is equipped with multi-layer shielding technology which curbs down the sound. Furthermore, the belt even absorbs the shock while you run on it giving you a smooth running experience.
- Running Surface: Have a safe, spacious and comfortable workout session every time as this treadmill provides you with a running surface of 125 cm x 50 cm (H x W).
Additional Features of Sparnod Fitness Treadmill
- Ease of Usage: This fitness gadget is 100% pre-installed. Which means you do not need to screw and join parts together. You can directly plug it in and it’s ready to use.
- Capacity: The maximum weight this device is able to carry is around 110kgs.
- Display: An inbuilt LED display makes sure that you can easily access the screen feature and view your progress easily. The screen displays your speed, distance, time and calories you burn while on the treadmill.
- Speakers: Listen to music or any other audio while you work out with the Bluetooth speakers integrated into the gadget.
- Holder: Furthermore you can place your phone in the inbuilt holder of the treadmill and not miss any important notifications while you workout.
- Dimensions: Besides that, the overall size of this gadget is almost 133.5 x 68.5 x 106.5 cm.
- Price: Available for around AED 1100.
- Motor: For a smooth run, what you need is a powerful motor and the Sparnod treadmill fulfills this wish by featuring a 1.75 HP Continuous and 3 HP Peak motor.
- Speed: To support and ensure that you are having a good workout session. You have speed adjustments varying from 1 – 12km/h.
- Modes: Besides the speed, meet your workout goals with the 3 modes available. Which helps you to get your jogging, walking, running and cardio workout at home.
- Security Stop: The emergency system with the stop switch will help you to stop instantly in case of an issue you might face while you run. Thus, preventing too much harm.
- Preset Programs: What more can you ask for with the available 12 preset programs (P1-P12). Furthermore, you also can manually change and set mode settings to customize your workout.
- Belt Technology: Having an anti-slip lawn texture makes sure you do not trip. Besides that, this lawn texture belt is designed to absorb shock allowing you safety and comfort while you run. It is not only soft but also durable and long-lasting. Altogether you have a total of 4 layers for the belt.
- Foldable: Be it your bedroom, living room or even your office you can have this treadmill there and ensure that it will not take up too much space. As it is foldable and lightweight.
- Heart Rate: Keep your heart rate in check while you run on this treadmill. As the heart rate sensor is at the handle grip.
Additional Features of Sparnod Fitness Automatic Treadmill
- Display: Find everything you will need while using the treadmill on the clear 3-inch LCD display. Right from the time, distance, calories and heart rate.
- Speakers: With the help of an AUX or USB you can play your workout music collection. That is possible with the two speakers on the device.
- Belt Surface: the 1100 x 400 mm/ 44 x 16 inches of running belt space is enough to comfortably sprint, run and walk on without any issues.
- Warranty: A lifetime frame warranty and a 1-year parts and labour. As for the motors that are under a 3 years warranty.
- Capacity: This device can withstand 100kg of weight. Yet make sure to leave around at least 10kgs of buffer weight on the machine.
- Dimensions: The overall dimension of this device is 143 x 63.5 x 106 centimetres.
- Price: You can get this Sparnod Fitness treadmill at around AED 1000.
- Motor: This treadmill offers you a powerful motor which has a horsepower of 3.0 HP. As for the peak, you have a 5.5 HP DC motor. Thus enabling you a worthwhile workout session.
- Speed: With the speed of around 1-18km/h you can run at the speed that seems good for you.
- Incline: Added workout feature includes an auto incline. Which is from 0-15% that gradually increases.
- Preset Programs: Besides the above features, you have an additional 18 programs to choose from to enhance your workout.
- Foldable: When not in use you can simply fold your treadmill device and ensure it takes up almost no space. As the folding size is 100 x 87.5 x 154 cm.
- Massager: Furthermore for a more effective exercise you also have a massager belt. This belt will go on your waist and belly thus causing you to be a bit relaxed. Moreover helps in weight loss in these regions.
- Belt Technology: The belt has a special friction coating for traction. And this also works as an anti-Skid feature to the treadmill.
Additional Features of Skyland Automatic Treadmill
- Belt Surface: Providing you with a wide and spacious running surface of 136 x 52 cm.
- Capacity: The maximum weight capacity that this device can hold is around 130kgs.
- Speakers: The feature of the built-in speakers is a nice touch. Since now you can play any MP3 music while you workout.
- Dimensions: This fitness treadmill when in use will take up to 180 x 88 x 152 cm.
- Display: Equipped with a LED screen console. That displays the time you have run for, the speed, the distance, the calories you’ve burnt, the incline at which the run was and more.
- Warranty: For this fitness device you have a year’s warranty on the parts and labour. Moreover, it offers you 3 years warranty on the motor and a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- Price: This treadmill will cost you around AED 2400.
Factors to Consider while Buying a Treadmill
I understand that purchasing a treadmill is not an easy task. However, there are certain factors that you need to consider before purchasing the best treadmill in UAE. Identifying and understanding these factors will definitely make your purchasing process easier.
Type of Exercise
One of the most important factors to consider while purchasing the best treadmill in UAE is the type of exercise that you can carry out using the treadmill. Firstly, ask yourself if you want to run, sprint, jog, cross-train or perform all these 4 exercises on the treadmill. Once you decide on this and identify your needs. Accordingly, you can make your purchase. If you only want to walk, run or jog then you can purchase a treadmill which supports only these 3 exercises. But, if you also want to sprint and cross-train, then you’ll have to purchase a treadmill that is designed and supports all these exercises.
Keep in mind, that low quality or budget treadmills are meant only for walking and jogging. So be careful while purchasing a treadmill for home use. In short, your requirements should match the features and functionalities of the treadmill that you’re going to purchase.
Weight, Capacity & Durability
Ensure you opt for a treadmill with a good weight. This indicates how well the machine is built. It shouldn’t rattle and shake while you’re using it because it can harm you. Also, a heavyweight treadmill determines that it is strong and sturdy enough to handle your weight and serve you for long years to come. It will also be safe and stable. Moreover, they are the best option for extended usage, training situations and for users who appreciate high-tech features and functionalities.
Additionally, you should always look for the maximum weight capacity of an individual that the treadmill offers. This indicates the maximum weight that it can take of an individual. Now, I shall guide you with the durability of a treadmill. Firstly, a durable treadmill is one which is of good quality. It should be strong and sturdy enough to handle your weight as well as the different exercises that you’re intending to use it for. Especially sprinting and cross-train.
First and foremost, you need to consider the size of your house. Do you have a dedicated area or room for the treadmill and can leave it that way 100% of the time? Well, if that’s the case then you can opt for a non-folding treadmill. However, if you need to store your treadmill in a small area then purchase a foldable treadmill. Especially, if you’re room or the place you’ll be keeping it has other things too. Also, ensure that the treadmill you purchase has wheels for easy transportation.
Running Surface Area
Another important feature to consider is the running surface area. If you’re a tall person with a long-running stride or if you heal strike. Then opt for a treadmill with a large deck area. It should be at least 55 inches long and 20 inches wide. Generally, the ideal size of the running surface area is 60 inches by 22 inches. Yes, it’s surprising how much difference the extra 2 inches make on the width.
In addition to these factors, you also need to consider the treadmill belt. The workout belt of each treadmill differs in terms of its width and length. Thus impacting the way you feel on the treadmill. Additionally, belt thickness determines the amount of noise the treadmill emits during use. It also determines how often the belt needs maintenance. Let’s proceed to see each of these in detail.
Well, the most common width of a treadmill belt is 20 inches wide. Hence, anything wider than 20 inches is considered as extra-large. If you’re on the heavier side or tall, then consider a wider belt as it proves great and is essential for a comfortable workout. Additionally, a wider belt also proves helpful to those who feel trapped in during their workout sessions on a treadmill. Note that the widest treadmill belts you’ll find right now are extra wide belts that are 22 inches wide.
Similarly, length also comes into the picture. In order to ensure a higher stride length, you need to purchase a treadmill with a longer belt. This is crucial if you want to run a lot on the treadmill. Generally, the normal length for walking and jogging treadmills is 55 inches. Whereas treadmills that are designed for the purpose of running can range up to 60 inches in length. Note that your height is also a factor. For instance, if you’re around 6 feet tall and want to walk on your treadmill then opt for a 60-inch belt length for comfort. On the other hand, tall runners need to opt for treadmills with a longer stride length i.e up to 62 or 63 inches.
While making your purchase, keep in mind that if the belt is very thin it will wear out easily. Also, if you opt for a treadmill with a belt thickness of just one-ply, it may stretch or rip during running. That thickness might be suitable for walking purpose, but vigorous workouts definitely require a belt thickness of two-ply or more than that. Note that a treadmill belt with a thickness of two-ply or more than that can work for many many miles without the need for replacement. Most often, people who use the treadmill notice that the thicker the belt, the quieter it is. This applies even as you approach higher speeds.
Finally comes the maintenance of a treadmill. The thickness of the belt determines how often or how much you need to maintain your treadmill. As a matter of fact, some belts only require occasional lubricating or waxing and are very easy to uphold. While the other belts require far more regular maintenance and can be a real pain in the long term. Note that the thicker the belt is, the lesser the maintenance it requires.
Home Treadmill Motor
Another very important factor that you need to consider while purchasing a treadmill is the motor. As a matter of fact, the motor contributes largely or is a huge component of what makes the treadmill run. Hence, never compromise on the motor since if you do so then it won’t offer the same performance after a certain period of time. In any treadmill, the main motor is responsible for pushing the belt forward. Hence the heavier you weigh and the faster you plan to run on the treadmill, the more power you will need. Note that a motor running to its full capacity most of the time or at all times will begin to fatigue and sputter out faster compared to a motor that still has plenty of power that’s not exhausted.
Now, let’s discuss about a very important term known as Horsepower (HP) usually referred to as continuous horsepower (CHP). Yes, horsepower is the first thing that you need to look for in a treadmill motor. CHP indicates the total power that the treadmill can provide or put out during your entire workout session. Hence, if you’re planning to exercise continuously for an hour then CHP comes into the picture. This is because HP only indicates how much power the treadmill generates in an instant. The latest treadmills feature a CHP of 2.25 to 4.25. Keep in mind that the higher the CHP, the more you can work out on your treadmill due to more power.
Those weighing 200 lbs or less should opt for the following:
1. A minimum of 2.0 CHP for walking
2. Minimum of 2.5 CHP for jogging
3. A minimum of 3.0 CHP for running
However, if you need to train yourself for a marathon then you need to opt for 4.0 CHP. The same thing also applies if your family members will be using it and especially on a daily basis. Note that if you or anyone in your family weighs over 200 pounds then you need to opt for a CHP with an additional half rating to give the treadmill more of a push.
With any appliance or gadget come a lot of questions and doubts. Well, here are some of the common FAQs that will clear your doubts and help you use the best treadmill in UAE in an efficient manner.
It is easier to run on the treadmill rather than running outdoors. There are several reasons for the same. Firstly, the main reason is that the treadmill belt assists in leg turnover. Thus, making it easier for you to run faster. Most of the individuals find that their pace on the treadmill doesn’t correlate to their road pace. Additionally, the soft tissue conditioning or hardening that occurs with road running does not occur with treadmill running. The reason behind this is that the plate or base on the treadmill gives more than road surfaces.
Furthermore, the treadmill can be a great training tool. When you make use of the treadmill, it helps you run faster by speeding up the pace for short intervals. Further, it helps you to slow it down for recovery intervals. However, over the long term, heavy treadmill use may leave you more prone to injuries such as stress fractures.
It’s not necessary to wear different running shoes on a treadmill. You can use the same pair of shoes that you use outside while running on the road. Therefore, it is just a matter of choice and comfort. But, if you feel that you need a different pair of running shoes then you can do so.
The main thing is that you should wear shoes that are designed for your feet and also on the way you run. Moreover, you should also wear shoes that fit you properly. Some people opt for a lighter pair of shoes that offers less cushioning. This is because the running surface of the treadmill is softer than most outdoor surfaces.
The calories that are burnt on a treadmill are accurate, provided you keep certain things in mind. Placing even a slight amount of weight on the support rails of the treadmill can decrease the actual calories burnt. It can decrease it by 20% or more. So, if you want the calorie count or in other words, the calories burnt readings to be accurate then keep your hands off the support rails.
Below lie simple equations to calculate and compare the total calories burned per mile.
For running (5 mph and higher): Total calories burned per mile = .75 x bodyweight (in pounds).
Net calories burned per mile= .63 x weight
For walking (3 to 4 mph): Total calories burned per mile = .53 x bodyweight
Net calories burned per mile= .30 x weight
In order to increase the challenge level of your treadmill workout, consider running on a Treadmill with incline. Firstly, using incline is a great way to increase calorie burn. Secondly, it also builds muscle during each treadmill workout. On the other hand, using a treadmill without incline makes walking or running even easier as compared to running outside on a level surface. The reason behind this is that there’s no wind resistance. Therefore, there’s no challenge here. So, in order to burn those calories and lose weight, you need to opt for a treadmill that’s equipped with an incline motor.
Amazon Home Services provides a great service where they will send a trained professional to assemble your treadmill for you. These professionals are required by Amazon to take hygiene precautions like social distancing, sanitizing etc.
Running Outdoors Vs on Treadmill
From a study published in the year 1996, comes the rule of thumb. It suggests that running on a treadmill at a 7-minute-mile pace and a 1% incline is equivalent to running outdoors at the same pace. Running at a slower speed and the effort of running on a treadmill at either a 0% or 1% incline is fairly compared to running outdoors. This difference results due to the air resistance which doesn’t come into picture if you’re bobbing up and down in place. However, logging or performing all of your miles on a treadmill is not ideal if you’re looking forward to preparing for a race.
Studies and research show that you put in less effort running on a treadmill in comparison to a trail or a sidewalk. Hence, if you’re participating in a marathon or any sort of sports event or race, then consider running outdoors. But, for any reason, if you have to train yourself indoors then you need to set the pace for every part of the workout based on your perceived exertion. Or, in other words, based on how hard you think you are working. Moreover, you need to set the incline on the treadmill to 1%. So, if you as a runner are honest with yourself and your body. Then the effort that you put in should translate relatively well outside.
Keep in mind that you control the treadmill, the treadmill doesn’t control you. But ensure you familiarize yourself fully with the treadmill before you begin with your first run. This ensures that you get comfortable and oriented with the treadmill. In addition, the fact that the treadmill can keep you in place by the design can influence the way you run. Which means that if you’re much forward on the treadmill while running then you’re on the verge of hitting the display. And if you’re too much at the back of the treadmill while running, then you are at risk of falling off completely from it.
Ensure you avoid OVERSTRIDING. When your foot lands too far or too much in front of your body it’s known as overstriding. It’s a common treadmill misstep that often occurs when you try to keep up with a speed that’s too fast. Hence, stay within your pace parameters, improve hip-flexor flexibility and increase your cadence.
Maintaining your Treadmill
If you want your treadmill to serve you for long years with the same performance. Then using it in the appropriate manner, maintaining and cleaning it is of utmost importance. Moreover, it will reduce the risk of requiring major maintenance. I have listed a few maintenance tips below that will help you out in the long run.
With some silicone lubricant, a treadmill’s belt moves smoothly over the deck. Note that some treadmills come pre-lubed so the manufacturer advises you not to add more lubricant. But, if you step on the belt with all your weight and it stops moving then it needs more lube. However, you shouldn’t wait until this situation occurs. The best thing you can do is add a little lubricant to the belt after every few months. On purchasing a treadmill online, it comes with a user manual that will guide you how often you need to lubricate it. Also, most of the treadmills come with a bottle.
In case the belt of your treadmill moves back and forth horizontally. Then turn on the treadmill, stand behind it, and watch the back roller. You need to tighten it. A bolt that’s present on either side of the back of the deck controls the tightness. Further, if you notice that the time and distance measurements are off. And for instance, if the console declares that you ran a seven-minute mile when you have been working up to 6mph. Then calibrate the treadmill by following the instructions in the manual.
Furthermore, if you have pets at home then you need to be aware that treadmills can get clogged with pet hair. This occurs if your pet hangs around or messes around your treadmill while it is off. Hence, ensure you wipe down the belt or use a handheld vacuum cleaner regularly.
Get a Treadmill Home and Stay Fit & Healthy
I’m glad that you’re still here. Indeed, the best treadmill in UAE can help you get rid of all the extra weight. As a matter of fact, running on the best treadmill in UAE is one of the most effective ways to lose belly weight. Moreover, walking and running on the best treadmill in UAE not only burns calories for overall fat loss. But it also directly affects the visceral fat that lies under your stomach muscles. Hence, a treadmill is an excellent source of exercise. I would advise you to read this article again if you’re confused about which one to purchase. First and foremost keep in mind all your requirements including the type of exercises you want it for.
In addition, keep in mind the necessary factors such as the type of treadmill you prefer, the maximum speed and user weight capacity. Never compromise on quality to save costs. The more the features and functionalities, the more you benefit. Purchasing a strong and sturdy treadmill is of utmost importance. You don’t want something that is shaky and uncomfortable to use. Your health is in your hands. Happy exercising! You may also want to check the best back posture corrector in UAE. It provides essential support to your body, aligns the spine and improves your posture in turn.
Best Treadmill Brands in UAE
Consider checking out the best high-end treadmill in UAE as well.