Selecting a TV for your home can be quite tough a task especially to meet the requirements of every member of the family. Recently with 100s of options available in the market, it can be even more tiring. We make your work easier with the compilation of the best TVs in Saudi Arabia. Below are the best picks of the year after very detailed and long research.
What should be the ideal screen size?
The ideal screen size will vary from person to person depending on two major factors: the distance of your sitting area from the television and the resolution of the screen. Only with these properly sorted, one can have the best cinematic experience in their own home. ‘Why’ you ask? Because, if the screen size is too big, it can cause you neck pain or even can cause a decrease in clarity of the picture. But on the other hand, if you have a too-small screen, this could lead you to squint on smaller details. Similarly, if the distance is more, one should opt for a bigger screen and vice versa.
So clearly you shouldn’t get a television just because ‘you feel so’, but also should consider these factors. To get a Television in Saudi Arabia, have a look at the bottom table.
The display might be the most important parameter while selecting your would-be television in Saudi Arabia. Hence it is necessary to have the basic idea about the display types before buying your television in 2020. The three common display types are LED, QLED and OLED, which work on some new technologies and are in fashion. There are also LCD and Plasma TVs which are not much popular anymore. And here are some comparisons among the three display types which might help you to choose your television.
These are more popular than any other display type. it uses LEDs on the edge as well as are backlit. These are a better option as they are thin and hence consume less space. Also, this television is best for day time use and/or will fit in your well-lit rooms in Saudi Arabia.
Additionally, you must make sure to check the feature of IPS (In-Plane Switching) which is only available for the LED screen TV as an option. This technology used in the screen lets you to comfortably watch the TV from any angle (a higher viewing angle up to 178 degrees). So now you can watch TV from any part of the room and not have any colour change or brightness issue.
QLED stands for Quantum Light-Emitting Diode. In non-geek-speak, that means a QLED TV is just like a regular LED TV, except it uses tiny nanoparticles called quantum dots to super-charge its brightness and colour.
OLED stands for Organic Light-Emitting Diode. Somewhat surprisingly, the “Light Emitting-Diode” part of that name has nothing to do with an LED backlight. It refers to the fact that every single pixel in an OLED TV is also a teeny, tiny LED light — but one that is incredibly thin and can produce both light and colour in a single element. In other words, OLED TVs don’t need a backlight because each pixel produces its own light.
Another important feature for you to decide the best television display in Saudi Arabia is the resolution. Resolution determines the quality, clarity and sharpness of the image being displayed. So, if you are looking for better quality, make sure the resolution is high. The resolution is made up of pixels which are scaled in both the height and width. Also, with the advancement of technology, there are different types of resolutions like HD Ready which is 720p, Full HD is 1080p and the 4K which is made up of 2160p or UHD (ultra-high-definition).
Everyone likes to opt for new technologies and do no like to degrade from the product they already have. So whatever TV you have right now try to upgrade it to the next at least. With which you will have a better quality than your previous TV. So if you own a Plasma TV or even an HD TV then better if you consider a 4K TV, QLED or either an OLED TV. It is best if you opt for a 4K TV as it is in trend and even the phones shoot at these. Now if you are considering the 4K TV you might come across a 4K Ready TV which is nothing but a TV which can play any 4K content but doesn’t give you the quality of the actual 4K content.
How to get the best smart TV?
A smart TV is one which can connect to your internet connection and can give you access to any video-on-demand apps. And another amazing part of this TV is that you can access the games with the help of their apps. Also, you can stay connected to your social media site with this TV. At the top, you can even cast your photos and videos on the smart TV with an internet connection. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? But how to choose the best smart TV among the vast options available in the market? Well, don’t worry, as I am here to help you with it. Here are some factors you should consider before purchasing a smart TV.
A TV operating system (TV OS) is the bootable software in smart TVs and set-top boxes that makes it possible for a user to access and control advanced features and connected devices. As in a personal computer, there is a graphical user interface (GUI) for interaction in a TV OS. Essentially, smart TVs are Internet-connected entertainment centres that can connect to many devices wirelessly.
There are various OS like Google-certified Android TVs on which you can use any app available on Google Play Store. Then there are Android-based smart TVs which come with preloaded apps and interface. Although this a popular type of interface, it allows a limited number of downloadable apps on it. Next, there are TVs with their own OS like Samsung with its OS Tizen or LG with WebOS.
RAM- Random Access Memory of a device, provides you quick access to content on the TV like apps and files. It ensures fast and smooth functioning of the overall performance of the TV. So the more RAM the better. A minimum of 2GB RAM would be sufficient enough for a lag-free functioning of the TV.
More storage ensures that you can store and download more content on to the smart TV and hence needs to be considered. The prefered storage range would be of around 8GB, as this will let you store any content, be it apps and movies onto your TV for usage whenever convenient.
Remote and Navigation
With the latest technologies, there are different ways to operate your TV like the commanding functions with voice control, remote control and even mobile phone led control. You just need to choose the one which suits you the best.
With the voice control, you may be given with a special device where you just have to tell the app or the channel you want to stream through. The remote control one, it would work as an air remote or air mouse, using which you would only have to point onto the TV and you will have a moving cursor which follows your command. Lastly, for a mobile phone led control, you have to download an app and make use of the app remote.
Pone mirroring as the term says is the ability to cast or duplicate your phone screen onto your TV screen. With this feature, you can play videos and put up images right from your phone straight to your TV screen. In some case it may be in-built into the TV and in other cases, you would manually have to download a mirroring app from the respective app store.
With all that explained, If you are planning to get a TV for your home, then go no further for research. Here are some of the best televisions you can buy in Saudi Arabia. Let’s begin with the Best Smart LED TVs followed by the Best Ultra HD TVs.
Best Smart LED TV – Quick List
|Model||Display Size||Check Price|
|Samsung 40 inch Smart LED TV|
|40 inch||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Nikai 32 inch TV|
|32 inch||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Sony 32 inch TV Smart LED|
|32 inch||Price on Amazon.sa|
Best Ultra HD TV – Quick List
|Model||Display Size||Check Price|
|Samsung 55 inch Flat UHD Series|
|55 inches||Price on Amazon.sa|
|TCL 4K UHD Android Smart TV|
|55 inches||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Philips 40 inch Ultra Slim LED Full HD||40 inches||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Samsung 55 inch Curved UHD Smart TV||55 inches||Price on Amazon.sa|
Best Smart LED TVs
Rank 1: Samsung 40 inch Smart LED TV
Model No: UA40N5300AKXZN
- Ultimate HD Experience: It gives a perfect HD view with clarity and colour brightness both in bright and dark scenes. Your pick for the HDR Content
- PurColour: It provides vision with natural colors detailed crisply giving you the real time look and feel of the scene.
- Mobile Set-Up: It facilitates easy set up using the SmartThings App in your phone. Follow the instructions and set up you TV all by yourself without the need of a technician.
- Syncing Content: You can now share and sync your content from your devices through Samsung Cloud. Be it movies, songs or pictures you can watch it all in your TV.
- Connectivity: 2 HDMI and 1 USB Port
- Price: Available in the market for SAR 1674.
Rank 2: Nikai 32 inch Smart LED TV
Model No: NTV3272LED9
- Quick Response: It offers you very instant response for the remote control and quick movement of channels and other features giving you a pleasant experience of TV viewing.
- Sound Quality: Loud and clear Audio delivery is what makes it attractive with a 16W speaker taking you to a different world.
- Sleek Design: Sleek model with wide display is a perfect accessory in your living room.
- Connectivity: USB connection for video supporting and other JPEG Content.
- Multiple Language Option: You can use your desired language for display making it more convenient for all types of customers.
- Price: This is a budget option if you are looking for one available at SAR 377
Rank 3: Sony 32 inch Smart LED TV
Model No: KDL32W600D
- Display: It has an LCD Display with backlit type of Direct LED and a resolution of 1366×768
- Connectivity: HDCP1.4, 2 HDMI ports, 1 Ethernet, Composite Video Input, Digital Audio Outputs
- Color Enhancement: It has the Live Colour technology with multiple picture viewing modes with X-Reality PRO for enhancement of clarity.
- Dolby Digital: With Dolby you can experience a theater like feeling and immerse into the content.
- Energy Efficient: Power saving through display brightness adjustment and automatic display off upon just audio requirement.
- Price: Its offered at SAR 1050 which is a decent price for the specifications it provides.
Best Ultra HD TVs
Rank 1: Samsung 55 inch Flat UHD Series
Model No: UA55RU7100KXZN
- UHD Processor: Powerful processor for full picture quality and HDR videos with perfect clarity and colour.
- Slim Design: Perfect body with a slim design can fit perfectly to any wall. The sleek design is the current trend out there.
- Ease of use: With its Smart Hub and Samsung One Remote you can access and control channels with utter ease. Its a even more smarter version to the Samsung Smart TV.
- 4K UHD Resolution: It gives 4 times more pixels than the standard smart LED TV. You would be observing even the minute details displayed on screen.
- Airplay 2: You can now connect the TV to appledevices which is quite a new feature in Samsung. Connect your iPhone, iPad or Mac to the TV , select the content and enjoy the screening.
- Price: SAR 2871
Rank 2: TCL 4K UHD Android Smart TV
Model No: 55P8M
- 4K experience: Real time breathtaking experience with the 4K resolution and the LED backlight changes the contrast and illuminates your screen like never before.
- Smart Offerings: You can enjoy you TV with the inbuilt apps like Youtube, Netlfix and endless options for music, drama and lifestyle available in the AppStore.
- Connectivity: 3 HDMI ports for high speed transmission and supporting high resolutions image, videos and much more. Dual Channel Fast WiFi to enjoy content on internet sitting in you living room.
- Dolby Audio: A good clarity picture needs to be complimented with perfect audio. TCL provides Dolby Audio for the TV to give a theater like experience at your home.
- Price: SAR 1899 is quite a value for money deal.
Model No: 40PFT5063/56
- Digital Crystal Feature: It brings reality to your home through the natural looking content. The intense LED with amazing contrast makes even richer TV viewing experience.
- Minimalist Design: Compact and screen is edged to narrow to give maximum viewing area.
- Connectivity: 2 HDMI ports enabling audio and video connection at same time and USB connectivity
- Easy to Adjust Screen: You can now easily adjust your screen formats based on the content you are watching to Auto Zoom, movie expand 16:9, unscaled , etc
- Power Saving: Auto switch off and eco mode ensure the energy saving for you.
- USB Recording: One special feature of this TV is the USB recording , you can record you favorite shows, movies aired on TV to your USB Memory Stick while watching the content simultaneously.
- Price: This is a cheaper option in the segment priced at SAR 879.
Model No: 55KU7500
- Curved Screen: Curved screen gives you the best theater experience sitting at your home and is also proven to be good than the regular flat TV screens. It also gives scope for off angle viewing not possible in flat screen.
- Quad Core Processor: The processor enables faster response and the fluid browsing experience.
- Motion Rate: Now experience all the fast action movies at an outstanding refresh rate with the 120 motion rate of the TV. Experience no lag from the original.
- Upscaling Resolution: You can upscale the low resolutions content to a better and viewable HD resolution with this TV.
- 4K UHD: Experience crispier and sharper image quality with the 4K resolution.
- Price: It is available for a price of SAR 3148 which is quite high for industry standard. The extra charge is for the curved screen which is again a personal choice leaving the decision to you.
Why 8K TV is not recommended in 2020?
Though 8K TVs are more advanced with better resolution than the 4K ones and are a better upgrade for your home. But still, the whole 8K phase isn’t here yet. If you have to get one being a person who buys any latest trend then you will soon realise that it isn’t very different from the existing 4K technology. Hardly they might have five or six features extra. But that doesn’t bring a lot of change if you want to enjoy the new technology.
Also, being a new edition in the market with the advanced technology they will be comparatively more expensive. Like you could get the same size LED TV for a 4 – 5 times lesser to the price of the 8K. Also, you need a special converter box to handle the various video formats and codecs to convert the non 8K contents. The fact that you need special and additional technology to view other content says a lot about the TV.
So the main problem with getting an 8K TV is that there isn’t much 8K content generated in general. You might find a few 8K contents on YouTube or some Japanese content. But other than that you have nothing yet and it’s not guaranteed when will the content popularize either. For this, it is better to have a 4k TV in the near future.
What are the differences between OLED and QLED TVs?
QLED stands for Quantum Light-Emitting Diode. These TVs are close to LED TVs and use tiny nanoparticles which are known as the quantum. These particles are the reason behind the brightness and colour that you get with the QLED. Even after this the Tv still uses LED lights hence the name QLED.
Whereas OLED stands for Organic Light-Emitting Diode. Even if this might sound the same but it isn’t. This uses LED in a way that there is thin and tiny LED which forms each pixel in the TV. It produces its own light as also gives off the colour all in one. So, for any darker scenes, the OLED simply doesn’t turn on some of the LED light while the QLED dims the lights. This makes OLED TV much more flexible.
How can I project my phone or laptop to the TV?
You can easily project your laptop as well as phone onto the TV screen. It can be done with the help of wires, or wirelessly with the help of several mirroring apps and Google Chromecast, you can easily [project audios, videos and images from your laptop or phone onto the TV.
What is the difference between HD, 1080p and UHD?
HD, 1080p and UHD are all the resolutions of an image which depicts the number of pixels in an image define the resolution. Higher the pixels better the resolution of the image. HD refers to High Definition and uses 720 rows of pixels to reproduce the image you see. The 1080p uses twice more the number of pixels as HD and is often referred to as Full HD. This format is the standard format used in the media industry nowadays. Lastly, the UHD (Ultra High Definition) also known as 4K produces 4 times more the number of pixels in 1080p which is becoming much more popular among the industry.
What is HRD?
HDR or high-dynamic-range addresses the range of colour and brightness highlights. This is a common feature in the recent TVs which provides you with more contrast and depth in the image. HDR is a feature which gives you better image quality and is advisable to get a TV with this rather than not.
Experience the Best
Choosing the best television for your Saudi Arabia home can be a stressful task with so many models available in the market. So I hope this guide on the best television in Saudi Arabia proved helpful for you and was able to answer some of your questions. If you wish to have a complete cinematic experience you can check out how to set up a home cinema here.