With the best smartwatch in UAE, glancing at your notifications, responding to them and receiving calls without taking your phone out is easier than ever before. Moreover, it keeps you up to date and offers accurate fitness tracking including the total number of steps taken, the distance covered, heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking and other detailed sports and health metrics. After 96+ hours of constant browsing, comparison and research, we have come up with the best smartwatches to suit iPhone as well as Android users. Apple, Samsung, Fitbit and Fossil are found to be some of the best smartwatch brands, hence we have included them here with a detailed description.
Dive into the best smartwatch in UAE to know how it can keep you connected throughout the day. Below lies a quick list table that we have put forth to make your purchasing process easier. So, let’s get started.
Best Smartwatch in UAE – Quick List
|296 mAh||Accelerometer up to 32-g forces,|
Optical Heart Rate Sensor,
Electrical Heart Sensor,
Ambient Light Sensor
|49.9 grams||Price on Amazon.ae|
Galaxy Active 2
|31.8 grams||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Huawei Watch GT2 Pro||455 mAh or 2 weeks||Accelerometer,|
Optical Heart Rate Sensor,
Air Pressure Sensor,
Ambient Light Sensor
|52 grams||Price in Huawei UAE Shop|
Versa 2 SE
|6 Days||Optical Heart Rate Sensor,|
Relative SpO2 Sensor,
Ambient Light Sensor
|4.54 grams||Price on Amazon.ae|
|220 mAh||6-axis Acceleration Sensor,|
Air Pressure Sensor,
3-axis Geomagnetic Sensor,
BioTracker PPG Bio-TrackingOptical Sensor,
Ambient Light Sensor
|200 grams||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Fossil||Replaceable coin cell||Accelerometer||118 grams||Price on Amazon.ae|
Important Features of a Smartwatch
Here’s a section that will leave you without a doubt while purchasing the best smartwatch in UAE. Yes, we have penned down all the important features of a smartwatch which you need to consider before making your purchase. The best smartwatch in UAE should contain most or all these features in order to do its job. Thereby fulfiling its purpose of being the most convenient and useful.
One of the most important features that you need to consider is the battery of the smartwatch. For how many hours will the battery last? Will it last the whole day or at least for 16 to 18 hours. Or, will it last for just half a day? Hence, you must pay attention to the battery life of the smartwatch before purchasing it. Note that some of the hybrid smartwatches feature the longest battery life, but they don’t have a touchscreen.
Similarly, some smartwatches have a brighter and more colourful display but tend to last for only 1 to 2 days, thus featuring a shorter battery life. On the other hand, some of the smartwatches feature a colourful AMOLED display or LCD screen and still offer you a good battery life that lasts for days if not weeks. Also, note that using GPS significantly impacts battery life.
The next factor to consider is the build quality. The best smartwatch in UAE should be sturdy as you’re going to use it throughout the day by wearing it on your wrist. Since you’ll be using it for prolonged hours, you need to ensure that the smartwatch is durable and reliable. It should be able to withstand the heat in UAE and also the wear and tear.
It tracks each and every activity of yours throughout the day. This includes the total number of steps and floors you climbed, distance travelled/covered, the total number of steps taken while walking, calories burned, hourly activity and stationary time. Additionally, you can also view the stats of your workout and activities such as swimming, hiking, aerobic workouts, running, and more.
Smartwatches are available in a variety of styles and sizes. Each smartwatch weighs differently. When we talk about the style, it indicates how the watch looks, feels and functions on the wrist. This includes the strap, the case as well as how it fits on all sizes of wrists. Whether you want a broad strap, a fine strap. How big or small the display should be and whether you want it to be round or squared.
The in-built apps of the smartwatch are beneficial and the selection of third-party apps are also extensive. Simply tap your smartwatch to access your favourite apps for sports, news, fitness, transport, travel and more. Also, the next thing which can work
You can set up and get started with the Google Assistant on your smartwatch. Say “Ok Google” before you start running (by saying start my run) and also to check the weather, set reminders and much more. This feature helps you to manage tasks, return a call as well as add things to your shopping list. If you’re an iPhone user, then pair your iPhone with your Apple smartwatch and tap Settings -> Siri and Search. Once you do this, tap Settings -> Siri. Choose whether you want to turn Hey Siri and Raise To Speak on or off.
You can also scroll down to Voice Feedback and choose when Siri speaks. The usefulness of the voice functions both in speech-to-text messaging and replies is what makes the Voice Assistant worth it.
Smartwatch for iPhone Users in UAE
- Intuitive Operation: The Apple Smartwatch Series 5 runs on the watchOS 6 and impressively easy to navigate and easy to use.
- Provides Insights: To help you stay fit and healthy, it provides you with insights that you need.
- Activity Tracker: With the help of the activity tracker, you can download apps and games of your choice from the App store. Thus, helping you benefit the most out of your watch.
- Siri: If you want to get the job done with just your voice, you can access Apple’s digital assistant ‘Siri’.
- WiFi and Bluetooth: Since this Apple GPS watch features WiFi, it offers a seamless connection to the Internet. It also features Bluetooth 5.0 to offer you a seamless connection to your Apple device. WiFi and Bluetooth provide the boost that you need for achieving your fitness goals. Moreover, you can also listen to audiobooks, Apple Music and podcasts.
- Built-in Speaker: All thanks to the built-in speaker, this remarkable smartwatch produces crisp, powerful and clear audio to keep your mind and senses engaged.
- Heart Sensor: It features apps which keep a track of your heart rate. It checks your heart rate and notifies you if it is too high or too low.
- Lithium-ion Battery: The rechargeable built-in lithium-ion battery offers long battery life on one single full charge. Thus, saving you the hassle of charging your device every now and then.
Additional Benefits of Apple Smartwatch Series 5
- Display: Its display is protected by a high-end Ion-X strengthened glass to keep it free from abrasions and scratches. A retina display that is always on to allow you to view the time and watch face at a glance.
- Water Resistant: Since it has an excellent water resistance rating of 50m, a few drops of rain or water splashes won’t cause any damage to it.
- Dual-Core Processor: Driven by a high performance 64 bit S5 dual-core processor that tackles every task smoothly and without any lag.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Featuring an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the brightness of the display depending upon the lighting conditions.
- Price: The best smartwatch in UAE for iPhone users, this Apple Smartwatch Series 5 is available for an approximate price of AED 1,600.
Smartwatch for Android Users in UAE
- Heart Rate Tracker: With the Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch Active 2, you can keep a track of your heart rate. It detects your heart rate and lets you know if it is too high, high, normal, low, or very low.
- Military-Grade Durability: With an IP68 and 5ATM water and dust rating, it can handle a range of conditions. In addition to this is the military-grade durability that helps you keep up everywhere you go be it any condition.
- Track your Workout: Simply slip it on and get working out. It tracks each and every movement of yours.
- When it comes to automatic tracking, you get seven exercises. These exercises include walking, running, cycling, swimming, rowing, elliptical cross trainer and other types of workout.
- On the other hand, manual tracking works for all the activities. Hence, you can track every activity with manual tracking.
- Ergonomic and Sleek: Since it is lightweight, you can wear it comfortably anywhere you want to. In addition to this is its aluminium body.
- Compatibility: Due to its wide compatibility with Galaxy as well as Non-Galaxy smartphones, this smartwatch is sure to get connected to your device.
Additional Benefits of Samsung Galaxy Active2 Smartwatch
- Wireless Charging: With normal use for outdoor use, the battery lasts for a day or more. Once you are back home, all you need to do is lay it on the compact magnetic wireless charger for a full charge. The best part is that it doesn’t require any wires or charging jacks.
- Enlarged Display: Featuring an enlarged display with a pure black screen and a border. The screen space is maximized on a sleek body with an uninterrupted view. The body of the smartwatch is also fitted with a touch bezel to offer you quick control.
- Apps: In order to create your own personal lineup for smart advice on the go, you can download apps. You can download a wide range of apps from the Galaxy lineup or third party apps.
- Price: The Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch Active 2 tops the list of the best smartwatch in UAE for Android users and is available for an estimated cost of AED 710.
- 2 Week Battery Life, best in class – The watch has a 455 mAh battery which smartly combined with intelligent software gives 2 weeks of battery life as claimed by Huawei
- Sapphire Glass Display and Titanium body is a great combination of style and build quality. Strong build quality is very important for a smartwatch. Titanium body is the gold standard.
- Moon Phase indicators – This watch has a great feature where you can raise your wrist and the watch will show you the sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset timings and the current moon phases.
- 100 + Workout Modes supported including Golf, Skiing, 10+ running courses and running companion.
- Super Light Weight – At 52g including straps, this is one of the lighter watches in the market. Smartwatches are work all day including during sleeping hours. Hence, comfort is of utmost importance.
- 5ATM Water and Dust Resistance Rating which means that the watch will be water resistant at 50m deep water for 10 mins. Pretty good for extreme use.
- Oxygen Saturation Rate detection is a great feature in Covid times. You will not need an SpO2 Pulse Oximeter if you have this watch
- Heart Rate Monitor included with sedentary reminder to keep you fit and moving all day long.
- Sleep Monitor – Scientists have determined that good sleep is a key element of a healthy body and vital mind. The GT 2 Pro helps you monitor your sleep and stay fit.
- Sleep Score: With the help of the Sleep Score feature, you will be able to figure out and better understand your sleep quality each night. You know whether you had a sound sleep or disturbed on. This is based on how much time you were asleep, your heart rate and restlessness.
- Voice to Text: By using your voice, you can reply to texts from your smartwatch.
- Female Health: Use the Fitbit app on this smartwatch to log your period date, record symptoms and compare your cycle against other health stats such as sleep, activity and weight.
- Notifications and Apps: It notifies you about texts, calls, calendar and apps that you have received when your phone is close by. You can also download hundreds of your favourite apps without any hassle.
- Fitbit Pay: Through the Fitbit Pay App, you can make purchases from your smartwatch.
- Always-on Display Mode: All thanks to the Always-on display mode, your information is just a quick glance away. It can be during workouts and workdays. However, note that this mode requires frequent charging.
- Heart Rate Tracking: Make use of the 24/7 heart rate tracking to keep a track of the number of calories burnt in a better way. And also to optimize effort during workouts and see your resting heart rate trends. As well as cardio fitness level in the Fitbit app.
Additional Benefits of Fitbit Versa 2 SE (NFC) Smartwatch
- 5+ Days Battery Life: This smartwatch serves you for more than 24 hours without charge. Yes, with 5+ day battery life, it tracks your morning, night and everything in between. However, this varies with use as well as other factors.
- High-Resolution Touchscreen: Offers amplified brightness up to 1,000 nits. And a durable screen made from Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Price: Fitbit Versa 2 SE (NFC) smartwatch is available for an estimated cost of AED 830.
Rank 4: XIAOMI Amazfit GTS Smartwatch
- AMOLED Display: This smartwatch comes with a large 1.65 inches Retina-grade AMOLED display for an outstanding viewing experience and more comfort.
- Smart Sport Tracking Technology: This allows you to record 12 different sports and fitness activities. These activities include running, cycling, swimming, and mountaineering.
- GPS + GLONASS: Both GPS and GLONASS accurately track your routes.
- Long Battery Life: It provides you with a 14-day average run time on a single charge. A unique feature of the Amazfit brand and the Verge is no exception.
- Aesthetics: It features an active, modern and squared design.
- 24/7 Heart Rate Tracking: It helps you optimize effort during workouts, keeps a check on your resting heart rate trends. As well as cardio fitness level in the Amazfit app.
- Price: XIAOMI Amazfit GTS Smartwatch is available approximately for AED 400.
Rank 5: Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch
- Hybrid Smartwatch: Here is an amazing hybrid smartwatch for you by the very known brand Fossil. Since it is hybrid, it works with iPhone as well as Android phones.
- Doesn’t Need Charging: It never needs charging. Yes! you read that right, absolutely no charging needed. That is because the coin cell battery lasts for up to 1 year, so all you need to do is change the battery every year. Moreover, it is easy to change.
- Activity and Sleep Tracker: It tracks all your activities throughout the day. You can also add your goals or set custom goals and this smartwatch will do its job of tracking it.
- It also tracks with stats and long-term progress views in the companion app.
- Discreet Hybrid Smartwatch Vibration: With the discreet hybrid smartwatch vibration, you can get all your Smartphone notifications from your apps and contacts.
- Buttons: Customize the buttons of this smartwatch to control your music, ring your phone and lots more.
- Price: This Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch is available for an estimated cost of AED 1,050.
Smartwatch Vs Fitness Band
Smartwatches, as well as fitness bands, track your daily activities, help you stay connected and monitor your progress towards your fitness goals. However, both have their own reasons to buy and are also different from each other in various ways. We have penned down this section to help you decide which one will suit your requirements.
The reason why smartwatches are a better option is because of their biggest strength to be able to link together notifications from your smartphone. These notifications include calls, texts, emails, calendar appointments, directions and social media messages. That too with comfort as well as style. If you would prefer a miniature smartphone on your wrist. Or, if you are looking out for some special sports-tracking features, then a smartwatch is your take.
The best smartwatch in UAE enables you to view and respond to the notifications without any hassle. And also dictate email responses, text messages and send smart replies. Nowadays, smartwatches are packed with sensors and technologies for specific activities such as swimming, running or exploring the great outdoors.
Generally, fitness bands offer more emphasis on health and activity monitoring as compared to smart notifications. This is because fitness bands have smaller screens that are not favourable to reading and replying to the messages, unlike smartwatches. Nowadays, certain fitness bands come with in-built GPS and are able to operate independently of your phone. This means that if you wear a fitness band of this type on the wrist, then you can leave your smartphone at home while you are out exercising. It can be walking, jogging, cycling, anything.
However, these fitness bands are advanced and hence are expensive so it is better to opt for a smartwatch instead as these offer more functionalities. To make it simpler for you to understand, if you need something that will help you make calls, view and respond to notifications then you need a smartwatch. However, if you need something that works only as an activity tracker and offers health monitoring then you can opt for a fitness band.
Remember, both smartwatches and fitness bands are great ways of recording progress in a home gym as well as outside. Whether to purchase a smartwatch or fitness band depends totally upon your preferences, requirements and budget.
Smartwatch FAQs for UAE
Doubts and questions are something that we all have. There’s nothing wrong in this, but not clearing your doubts in time is something bad. To leave you without a doubt, here are some frequently asked questions that we have put forth for you.
The battery of a smartwatch lasts for about 24 hours or maximum for two days. This totally depends upon the usage. If you want the battery of your smartwatch to last longer then consider reducing the brightness level. Also, you may block unnecessary notifications since managing or blocking app notifications boosts your battery life. Disabling wrist gestures and turning off WiFi syncing are also great ways to make the battery of the smartwatch last longer.
Yes, a smartwatch can track heart rate without any hassle. Heart rate monitoring (the ability to track heart rate) is one of the most important features of a smartwatch as it gives you the right results. This is possible due to the Optical Sensors. The optical heart rate sensor makes use of Photoplethysmography (PPG). It projects a green light on the skin. Further, the light which is not absorbed by the tissue beneath the skin is reflected back to the sensor. This, in turn, makes the sensor measure the variations to calculate your heart rate.
Yes, most of the smartwatches nowadays are built to withstand extreme heat conditions such as that of Dubai. But, note that not all smartwatches are capable of doing so. Hence, always check for the heat resistance feature of a smartwatch before making your purchase. This will show you how much heat it can tolerate.
Yes, most of the smartwatches are waterproof, but some are water-resistant. There’s a difference between water-resistant and waterproof. When a smartwatch is water-resistant, this indicates that it is able to resist the penetration of water to a certain degree and not entirely. Waterproof means something that is impervious to water. In simpler terms, it means that it doesn’t allow water to pass through. Hence, waterproof smartwatches are more beneficial. Ensure you check for this feature.
Technology Inside a Smartwatch
Well, if you are purchasing the best smartwatch in UAE, then you also need to know the technology used inside it. Here are all the technologies that you can’t afford to skip reading.
All the latest smartwatches have something known as an accelerometer. An accelerometer measures your movements in every direction. In other words, it determines the orientation and movement of the user’s arm. Generally, it can sense inclination, tilt as well as the orientation of the body. It takes inertial measurements of velocity and position and helps to track all those steps taken by the user. On increasing the accelerometer’s sensitivity exponentially, it can detect even the micro-vibrations that go through the wrist and arm of the user.
The gyroscope is a technology inside a smartwatch that helps indicate the orientation and rotation of the user. It does this by using the key principles of angular momentum. The gyroscope can be used for navigation and for measuring angular velocity. The intention of the gyroscope is to determine an angular position based on the principle of the rigidity of space. The gyroscope is able to maintain its level of effectiveness since it can measure the rate of rotation around a particular axis without any hassle.
Actigraphy for Sleep Tracking
Actigraphy is a special technology for sleep tracking as it identifies your sleep patterns. Through Actigraphy, the activity tracker tracks your activity and sleep cycles. This, in turn, gives you an idea of how well you slept the previous night, how many times you tossed and turned on the bed. Or, if you had a sound sleep. Thus, actigraphy is well known for assessing your sleep-wake cycles and circadian rhythms over an extended period of time. Not to forget, your eye movements, breathing and brainwaves are also required to determine the difference between deep rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and light sleep.
Global Positioning System (GPS) tracks your terrain and distance covered after a trail run or a day on the slopes. GPS determines your exact location through a process called triangulation. The GPS receiver collects data (as a set of coordinates) from different satellites to calculate your position. When the GPS technology is integrated into a smartwatch, it measures a series of points that are used to derive metrics such as speed, distance, and pace accurately. These metrics offer real-time insight to the runners about their running performance.
Certainly, health monitoring and fitness tracking are two fields that implement optical sensors at a high rate these days. Optical sensors provide you with an idea of your current heart rate. That is they measure how quickly or slowly your blood is getting pumped by the capillaries. Also, optical sensors measure your pulse by making use of light on your skin. With the help of optical sensors, the smartwatch is able to carry out all the tasks that the user would require. Some of these tasks include fitness tracking, heart rate monitoring, and activity tracking.
It doesn’t matter if you are climbing stairs or whether you want to track your hike up the mountain. As the name says, an altimeter keeps track of your altitude and measures it by using barometric pressure or GPS data. The smartwatch is able to measure the altitude above sea level or a relatively fixed point by measuring the atmospheric pressure. Then, it provides the information in either feet or meters. This tells you how high above sea level you are.
A Travel Companion on Your Wrist
Yes, the best smartwatch in UAE is your companion when you wear it on your wrist. Now that you have seen how it can do a lot more than just telling you the time, we bet you are convinced now if you have never used a smartwatch before, and we hope you were able to make your decision. Remember, your decision should be based on your requirements and budget. If you are an iPhone user, then go for the Apple Series 5 smartwatch and if you are an Android user then you have Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, Fitbit, Xiaomi and Fossil to choose from.
Also, if you’re still confused then read through all the features and functionalities specified for each smartwatch once again. Well, if you need something that is only “fitness-oriented” for activity tracking, heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking then consider purchasing the best fitness band UAE. You may also take a look at this complete review for iPhone 12 and get one for yourself and your loved ones.