The best rice cooker in Saudi Arabia is the one which lest you cook everything from rice to lamb roast to assorted veggies. The capacity, power, safety and design are the features one always looks for in a rice cooker. With hundreds of options available in the market, it’s tough to decide upon one. We got that done for you. We researched all those options and present you with the best rice cooker in Saudi Arabia. Everything you need to know from brands, features, safety, warranty is provided for your comparison. By the end of this article, you would end up buying an electric cooker for sure.
|Rice Cooker||Power||Capacity||Check Price|
|Nutricook electric Rice cooker||1000 W||6 Litres||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Black & Decker Rice Cooker||700 W||1.8 Liters||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Philips Viva Collection Fuzzy Logic Rice Cooker||980 W||5 Litres||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Kenwood Rice Cooker||640-762 W||1.8 Litres||Price on Amazon.sa|
How to choose the best rice cooker?
Here are things you need to consider in order to buy the best rice cooker in Saudi Arabia.
Every electric cooker you will purchase will come with the most basic equipment like the detachable bowls, spoons, measuring cups and others. But besides this, if you want any accessories then you would have to purchase them. When you are purchasing the more accessories available the better. But you would also have to consider the type of food you wish to prepare. As you wouldn’t want to spend extra on equipment you wouldn’t use.
- Safety Features
To be on the safer side it is always best to have appliances that have safety features which shut-off automatically when your timer or rice is ready. Or in case of fluctuating current as well. This will ensure that your food, as well as home, is safe at all time. And you wouldn’t have hurry back home or worry if you step out leaving the cooker on.
The capacity of the best rice cooker in Saudi Arabia would depend and differ from each family. But this is a simple feature to understand the capacity is the amount of rice cups can the cooker in one go. Therefore if you are alone or just even a nuclear family a capacity of 1.7 litres will be more then enough for you. Whereas with a family of 5 members 3 litres will work just fine or you can opt for a bigger 5 litres one if you or your family might be up for a bigger appetite. Although if you have a bigger joint family living with minimum 10 members you will have to consider an even bigger capacity rice cooker.
- Cleaning Ease
Cleaning your rice oker essential after every use. Where you can wash the cooking bowl and the lid/cover in a dishwasher. But, if you wish to be tad bit safe and wash it manually then use some luke warm water. And also make sure you are using the right detegent. Since you wouldn’t want to use a wrong one and damager the surface of the rice cooker.
- Additional Features
There are multiple other features that one can look into, which can include how would you like your appliance – with automatic features or manual selection features. Almost all of the rice cookers come witht he function to cook and keep the rice content warm. While there are others where you would have manually select this option. Also be aware that there are functions such as the delay start or the self-timer function, which can make your cooking much more easier and without and stress. Futhermore, there are cookers which even let you have and choose the function of steaming the rice. Therefore it is much advice to look into a much more automated rice cooker rathen then the manual setting one. Since the automated will save you time and hassle. And you can get more then just cooking done in the process.
With all these features you can now take a better pick for the best rice cooker in Saudi Arabia. With these features polishing old dishes and even experimenting on new dish won’t be too difficult. Blend in some Indian flavours into your dish. Or just simply stick to your traditional roots. You’ll be surprised by what all you can make with a rice cooker. Right from rice and vegetable to an electric cooker cheesecake.
Rank 1: Nutricook Electric Rice Cooker
- All Purpose: It is 9 in 1 cooker which can do slow cooking, sauteing, soup making, rice cooking, warming, cooking eggs, etc. This one appliance can do wonders in your kitchen. It holds 6 litres capacity which is huge king size and call meet your entire family and party requirements.
- Faster Cooking: This is 70% faster in cooking meals for you at the same time retaining the nutrients and flavour of the ingredients.
- One Touch Operation: Its just one touch is all that is required to cook food with the 14 cooking programs available.
- Special Features: There is a keep warm and slow cooking options which makes it more easy and wide scope in cooking.
- LCD Display: The LCD display screen at the center shows the temperature and time settings and has an auto shut off feature.
- Safety Mechanism: The cooker comes with 11 safety mechanisms after rigorous testing. It is safe to use.
- Price: This would cost you SAR 349
- 1 x Cooker Base
- 1 x 6L Stainless Steel Cooking Pot
- 1 x Steam Rack
- 1 x Lid
- 1 x Rice Paddle
- 1 x Soup Paddle
- 1 x Measuring Cup
- 1 x User Manual & Recipe Book
Rank 2: Black & Decker Rice Cooker
- Power & Capacity: This high powered 700 W cooker has a capacity to cook 6 cups of rice at a single go. That holds upto 1.8 litres of total holding capacity.
- Non Stick Coating: The cooking bowl provided is coated to be non sticking useful while cooking rice and other sticky substances. Thus its easy to clean the dish as well.
- Keep Warm: This is equipped with keep warm function, so you could cook well before and keep your food warm for the occasion without any worries.
- Design: The light indicator shows the status of cooking and the anti slip feet provide the firm grip to the cooker standing on your kitchen top. The two ergonomic handles provide easy handling of the device. The bowl, spatulas are easy to clean and washable in water.
- Price: This is a cheaper option and suits well for a family of 4 perfectly. This cost SAR 129
- 1 x Cooker Base
- 1 x 1.8L Stainless Steel Cooking Pot
- 1 x Steam Rack
- 1 x Lid
- 1 x Rice Paddle
- 1 x Measuring Cup
- 1 x User Manual & Recipe Book
Model No: HD3038
- Heat Conduction: Philips Viva collection comes with a specially designed inner pot which has the effective heat conduction. The resin coating to the alloy makes it more durable from wear and tear. The pot is 2 mm thick and distributes heat evenly.
- Preset Timer: This cooker has the special feature of preset timer where you can set the cooking of 12 hour prior to the cooking. Useful during times of busy days and have errands to run.
- 9 Food Menus: The cooker comes with a 9 food menus in built which can easily cooked in a simple one touch operation. Those include Standard Cook, Ultra Quick Cook, Quick Cook, Congee, Reheat, Cakes, Soup, Steam, and Clay Pot rice.
- Automatic Keep Warm: The cooker has the ability to automatically switch to keep warm mode once the food is cooked and keep it warm until 24 hours.
- Dishwasher Safe: All the attachments like pot, lid and paddle are all dishwasher safe, so you can simply put them in dishwasher and relax without having to worry about their cleaning.
- Price: This priced at SAR 359
Rank 4: Kenwood Rice Cooker
- Stylish: This stainless steel cooker is not only sturdy and durable but it comes is stylish design perfect for your modern kitchen space.
- Automatic Warm: The cooker has the ability to automatically switch to keep warm mode once the food is cooked and keep it warm .
- Capacity: It can cook up to 10 cups of rice which is about 1.8 L thus enabling you to cook large meals in a single go.
- Steaming Tray: It is provided with the steaming tray separately for the vegetables cooking and sauteing easily.
- Price: This is available at SAR 249
Just like any other device or appliance with proper care and cleaning you can maintain and use anything for a long period of time. This is even the case of the rice cooker. You can use a well-branded rice cooker for up to 20 years without any problem provided it is cared for.
If you are frequent rice eater then the answer is yes. As this device will save you time and get good results without you having to do anything. But, if you are not then it’s a bit sceptical if you really should be going for a rice cooker. Rice eater or not you are assured one thing with a rice cooker is that you can cook more than just rice in this device. Therefore it’s your choice.
You would need to keep in mind there are many features to choose from. But these are the main ones to keep in mind. Firstly, how easy is this device to use. If it has too many settings and buttons the usage becomes complex. Which isn’t what you are looking for. Secondly, look for a durable and well-branded appliance. Furthermore, make sure your cooker as a non-stick cooking surface. And not to forget an indicator preferable audio indicator to let you know your food is ready. Finally, yet one of the best is the ‘keep warm’ feature which is really handy while cooking.
This function enables you to make sure you never have to eat or serve cold food ever again. While you might reheat food in most cases it losses its moisture making it dry. But the keep warm as the name suggests keeps your food warm for as long as you might want. Thus saving you the trouble of reheating any food.
Yes, with a rice cooker you can cook not just grains and all sorts of rice but also many other dishes. Some of which include stews, pot roasts and almost all steamed item. Cooking in a rice cooker ensures that the moisture of the food is in tack and it cooks thoroughly outside in since the cooker heats up progressively.
A rice cooker is completely portable. You can tuck it away into a cabinet when not in use. And even take it along with you since it weights around 3 to 6 kgs. All you would need is a plugin point. Furthermore, if you do place the cooker anywhere you would have the tension of it slipping off all thanks to the non-slip base.
When the rice cooker says that you can fill around 10 cups of rice it means it’s the cups provided by the manufacturers. There might be variations in the cup sizes from brand to brand and even other cups. So, it is better is you use the rice cooker cup provided by the company. These cups range from 180ml to 250ml.
Yes, like most appliances a rice cooker too is warranted. Most of the mentioned products in this guide have a warranty for around 1 year or more. So, you need not worry around your product is damaged or faulty.
A rice cooker is just an aid in the rice cooking process. Therefore, if you skip steps or add your own twist you will get different tasting rice. It is always advised for you to wash your rice before putting in the cooker. This simple step can actually change the flavours of the rice. And also ensure that you got the right rice grains that you wish for. Be it the basmati, the jasmine flavoured or the biryani mix.
And if think that’s it for this article. You better scroll on because we are not done yet. To quench the curiosity in you here are a few items that you can prepare with the help of a rice cooker.
What can you do in a rice cooker?
Just to make sure that you know what all you can do with this rice cooker is this section. Let’s go through this interesting section.
Now with this cooker, you can enjoy breakfast for during any time of the day. Make eggs of all sorts be it boiled, poached or even add a few veggies and sausage and have a full and satisfied belly. Furthermore, you can even make your own pancake -or in this case ‘cooker-cake’. And expect the best results a little different but assured as good as the traditional ones.
The most important meal of the day after breakfast of course. With a rice cooker, you can prepare a number of main course items. In some of the best rice cooker in Saudi Arabia, you can cook a roast chicken. As the sealed surface makes sure that it heats evenly and the moisture is retained in the meat. Another thing with the cooker is that you can prefect any fish and even beef inside this gadget. Jackfruit, potatoes and rice everything you wish can be prepared in just one kitchen appliance. Although you will have to poke some holes into the potato before putting it in.
Appetizers and Deserts
Host your own events at your home. And what better way to start off your dining experience than by soups. Maybe a tomato or chicken soup? And you can get that done with the help of your rice cooker. Furthermore, deserts like cakes including carrot and cheesecakes along with a few creative and new frosting can be made with the help of this cooker. And not to forget the apple sauce to your apple crumble. All with the help of just one kitchen appliance.
Lessen your Kitchen Time
So, with that, we’ve come to a wrap on the best rice cooker in Saudi Arabia. Making this the complete guide to what you want to know in a rice cooker. Relax from spending so much time in the kitchen cooking almost every hour of the day. Make it quick with this a rice cooker. Moreover, this is a handy device if you are a frequent rice eater. So, what are you waiting for get your own rice cooker as soon as possible!