How will you ever function without the best fridge in UAE in this day and age? You need one, no matter what. After all, a fridge is a lifesaver for your leftover and precooked meals. Therefore, you need to think about which would be the best one for you. And the wide variety of brands and features available doesn’t make the selection process any easy. Therefore, after narrowing down a few of the best ones for you, we have put forth a list comprising brands like Whirlpool, Samsung, Nikai, Super General, LG, and more all personally selected just for you. So, what are you waiting for? Check them out now!
Related: Best Refrigerator in Saudi Arabia
Best Single Door Fridge in UAE – Quick List
|Fridge||Capacity||Defrost Function||Check Price|
|Super General||116 Litres||Automatic Defrost||Price in Amazon.ae|
Jump to Single Door Fridge Reviews
Best Double Door Fridge in UAE – Quick List
|Samsung Top Mount||420 Litres||1||Price in Amazon.ae|
Jump to Double Door Fridge Reviews
Best French Door Fridge in UAE
|Fridge||Capacity||Special Features||Check Price|
|Samsung Side By Side||640 Litres||Space Max™|
Non Plumbed Water Dispense
Power Cool / Power Freeze
Auto Ice Maker
|Price in Amazon.ae|
|Nikai Side By Side||545 Litres||Water dispenser,|
Electronic temperature control,
High bright LED,
Fan motor speed control,
|Price in Amazon.ae|
|Whirlpool||591 Litres||6TH Sense Technology,|
Door Open Alarm,
|Price in Amazon.ae|
Jump to French Door Fridge Reviews
Best Single door Fridge in UAE
- Just as the name suggests, these refrigerators have just one door.
- They range from a capacity of 150 to 250 litres.
- Generally, these are the most economical options available out there, and apart from fridge space, even offer modest freezer space.
- Direct cool in nature, but even this is changing nowadays with many companies introducing a digital auto defrost option on their models.
- These are a good option for two people or a small family of three.
Rank 1: Super General Single Door Refrigerator
Model: SGR 060 H
Super General refrigerator offers a convenient way of keeping food fresh and cold for a long time.
- Design: This refrigerator looks elegant in its white finish and is a perfect addition to any modern household kitchen.
- Capacity: Total capacity is 116 litres allowing you to store all your daily necessities like food, fresh produce, butter, cheese etc.
- Defrost Function: The defrost function on this refrigerator does an efficient job of removing the ice accumulated in the freezer.
- Freezer Smart Design: innovatively designed single door refrigerator with a dedicated freezer compartment.
- Material: Made from top quality materials that ensure it provides you with years of trouble-free use.
- Price: Super General Single Door Refrigerator is available approximately for AED 540.
Best Double door Fridge in UAE
- Featuring two doors, one on top of the other. Usually, the upper compartment is reserved for the freezer and the lower one is for regular use. This way, you get more freezer space to use.
- Generally has a capacity of 250 to 500 litres are an ideal option of four to five people
- Double door refrigerators are built to be more energy efficient
- They are always frost-free in nature,
- Usually ship with toughened glass shelves too.
Rank 1: Samsung Top Mount Refrigerator
- Twin Cooling Plus™ system: Designed to cool the compartments separately, hence this prevents unexpected odours spreading from fridge to freezer. This allows frozen food to retains more of its original flavour.
- Capacity: With a massive capacity is 420 Liter. The refrigerator fresh food capacity is 290 litres and the freezer has 72 litres.
- Flexible Storage: Easily convert your freezer section into a fridge to keep all the fresh food you need to store for different seasons or special occasions.
- Switch Off Mode: Equipped with a switch-off mode to save energy, depending on the season.
- Power Cool: At the touch of a button, the ‘Power Cool’ feature quickly chills food and drinks,
- Power Freeze: Now your party will never be out of ice, this feature of the top mount freezer is great for freezing or firming up frozen food and making ice just with a simple button.
- Toughened Glass Shelves: Has toughened glass shelves that are designed and tested to hold a heavyweight
- Digital Inverter Technology: Automatically adjusts the compressor speed in response to cooling demand across 7 levels. It uses less energy, minimizes noise and reduces wear and tear for longer-lasting performance.
- Anti-Bacterial Protection: The anti-bacterial protector keeps the fridge clean and hygienic. Air passes through an active carbon filter, so it is constantly sterilizing and deodorizing while an anti-bacterial mesh eliminates bacteria.
- LED Light: High efficiency LED lighting is slimmer, cooler and more power-efficient than conventional lighting. Located on the top, it beautifully and brilliantly illuminates every corner, ensuring better visibility
- Price: This Samsung Top Mount Refrigerator with Twin Cooling is available approximately for AED 1,600.
Best French door Fridge in UAE
French Door Fridge
- French Door Fridge is also known as side by side refrigerator, the most expensive model, yet best in UAE.
- With capacities ranging from 550 to 850 litres, these refrigerators offer huge storage space with several different sections. Hence, these are the best option for large families.
- Equipped with the latest technologies. These usually come with unique features like water and ice dispensers in the front.
- Besides, they are frost-free in nature and come with toughened glass shelves.
Rank 1: Samsung Side By Side Refrigerator
- Capacity: This side-by-side refrigerator has a freezer capacity of 202 Liters. As for the main refrigeration compartment you have 415 Liters.
- Defrost: For this fridge, you wouldn’t have to bother about defrosting it. Since it is an automatic defrost one.
- Storage Racks: A large storage space is what you want, and this product has it all, since it has around 5 shelves.
- Drawer/Crispers: Furthermore, you can stay organized with the 7 allotted crispers. Besides being organized, you can keep your food fresh for a longer time.
- SpaceMax Technology: Here the walls are made much thinner which allows you more storage space. Moreover, this is done with high-efficiency insulation which doesn’t compromise the efficiency of the energy.
- Deodorizing Filter: This ensures that your food stays fresh for a longer time. This is done by a natural fiber filter through which the air passes. Thus, proving it easy for the activated carbon filters to work to nullify any strong odor.
Additional Features of Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator
- Cooling Technology: With the all-around cooling which ensures that cool air is always in check and reaches every part of the fridge. And secondly, with the metal cooling in the rear wall, both work words ensure the right temperature is always maintained inside the fridge.
- Easy No-Plumbing Dispenser: Alongside the no need for any special installation. There is an easy Non-plumbing Ice & Water Dispenser that is fixed in the fridge and the pipe is efficiently hidden. Therefore the setup of all this is easy.
- Digital Inverter: Unlike a conventional compressor, a digital inverter compressor saves energy by decreasing and increasing the level of coolness depending on the cooling demands.
- Power Freeze/Cool: This is a button that lets you chill your drinks or food rapidly. Since it lets out a blast of cool air either in the freezer or fridge as per your needs. Therefore, this is used in the freezing of water in the freezer for ice making.
- Dimensions: Although it might seem a bit big it isn’t. Since it is only around 95 x 77 x 185 cm.
- Price: You can get this Samsung Side By Side Refrigerator at the rate of almost AED 5500.
Rank 2: Nikai Side By Side Refrigerator
- Capacity: The gross capacity of the fridge is around 800 Liters. The net capacity is 545 Liters.
- Drawer/Crispers: With this appliance, you are offered 2 crispers to keep your food items fresh for a longer time.
- Storage Racks: Besides that, you have a large and spacious storage area with 8 racks for your food.
- Defrost: Wherein with this feature of a frost-free fridge, you cut down on the manual task that you have to do.
- Dimensions: Along with the dimensions of around 90 x 70 x 178 cm, make sure this fridge will fit your kitchen space.
- Dispenser: Equipped with a water dispenser so you have the available option of cool water anytime during the day.
- Compressor: The compressor of this gadget saves on power and is reliable to control the temperature accurately.
- Fan Motor: Having a DC fan motor in which the speed of the motor fan can be controlled is a pretty decent feature. Especially to maintain a stable temperature.
- Environment Friendly: It doesn’t use CFC gases in the fridge cooling system. This makes it environment friendly.
- Price: Available for around AED 2400.
Rank 3: Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator
Model: WQ9 B1L UK
- Capacity: The total capacity of this fridge is 591 Liters. Of which, 384 Liters are dedicated to the fridge and the remaining 207 Liters are for the freezer.
- Noise: While this fridge is functioning there will be no noise. Since the operation sound of the fridge is at 37 dB.
- Defrost: The inbuilt NoFrost technology ensures that there is low humidity inside the freezer. Therefore ensuring no ice built-up.
- Crispers/Drawers: With this fridge, you have 4 spacious crispers/drawers. Therefore you can comfortably store each and every food item separately.
- Storage Racks: With spacious crispers, you have fewer (2) yet large storage racks. Hence you will not feel the lack of space.
- Design: This fridge has 4 doors for convenience. Moreover, the four doors allow you to store more items in limited space.
- Smart Technology: Using the latest Adaptive Intelligence Microprocessor and Advanced Multisensor System, make sure that you have fresh food for an extended period of time. This system continuously senses temperature and humidity. Therefore accordingly adjusting to the food.
- Airflow: Smartly without blowing the air directly onto the food the 3D Airflow Technology ensures that the temperature is cool and the food retains its moisture for a long time.
- FreshLock/ FreezeLock: The 6th sense FreshLock and FreezeLock technology both work towards minimizing the temperature variation in the fridge and freezer respectively. Ensuring that the quality of food is not compromised.
- Convertible Freezer: One of the given 2 freezers can be converted to fit the temperature needs of any food. As you can select the temperature you would like the compartment to be.
- Inverter Technology: The IntelliSense Inverter Technology adapts to the cooling setting in the fridge. It reduces excessive power consumption. Furthermore, this technology ensures that the fridge automatically connects to the home inverter.
- Price: You can get this fridge at the cost of almost AED 4,370.
What to look for in the best Fridge?
Buying the best fridge in UAE might seem like an easy task until you have to buy one for yourself. That’s when the real question of how to choose the best one for you comes into play. Since looking at all the available options you are bound to be frustrated. This is the reason behind this section, to make your hunt much easier. Therefore, make sure to take the following points into consideration before you make any down payment.
When you are on the lookout for a new appliance, you have to take into consideration the size. Since you wouldn’t want to return the refrigerator just because it doesn’t fit in your kitchen. Therefore you need to think about the area where you would be placing it as well. Furthermore, you need to consider this all the more if you are looking for an in-built cabinet-depth model.
Now here, this would be something you would normally look into and analyze. The topic is none other than your and your family’s eating habits. Consider what you would be placing in the fridge more often. If you have wine or other bottled drinks, you would need bigger and adjustable drinks storage racks. If you would place fast-food boxes into your fridge more often then take that into consideration. Basically, you need to think about the shelves and any possible drawers. Furthermore, you can think about humidity control for you, which isn’t offered by every refrigerator in the market. Besides that, check which drawers/ crispers have humidity control and how many of these drawers you would like in your fridge.
Configuration here would be the appearance design of the fridge. That would be side-by-sides, top freezers, and bottom freezers. You don’t simply choose one which is stylish and fascinating to you but based on what works best for you. Consider this, a side-by-side fridge takes up lesser space to open the door. But you would have to bend down to get your food out of the freezer or fridge. Furthermore, the same works for the top freezer fridges, as here also you would have to bend down for the fridge. But this type is very common and costs less as well. As for the bottom freezer option, it is convenient since the most-used section of the fridge is placed in the eye’s view. Therefore, keep all these pros and cons in mind while selecting the best fridge in UAE for your home.
This would be the physical appearance of the fridge. To ensure that you have the best fridge in UAE you also need to consider the way your fridge suits your setting. You can play it safe with a stainless steel one as it has a neutral yet sleek outlook. Moreover, you could opt for one which adds more color and design to your kitchen. Besides that, if you are getting a built-in one they often have exterior paneling which helps it to blend in with your cabinet. Furthermore, you can even look into a fridge that doesn’t leave behind fingerprints. Thus leaving your fridge looking neat and clean without too much effort. Lastly, there is a spike in customizable patterns as well. Therefore, keep this in mind and take your pick.
Direct Cool Refrigerator vs. Frost Free Refrigerator
Direct Cool Refrigerator
In the Direct Cool type of refrigerators, cooling is mainly through natural convection. As the name suggests, refrigeration takes place through the circulation of cool air. This process occurs naturally without any external aid. Since it is natural, there is uneven temperature distribution which in turn leads to the formation of ice from the water vapour inside the refrigerator. And that is how ice forms inside the fridge.
Direct Cool refrigerators need manual defrosting regularly. Generally, there is a knob or button for the same. Food remains moderately fresh. A few advantages of this technology are the fact that these refrigerators are economical and consume less electricity. In other words, energy-saving is higher. The direct cool refrigerator is limited to single door models only. Hence it is the best fridge for 2-3 members of a family in UAE.
Frost Free Refrigerator
In Frost Free Refrigerators, cooling is mainly achieved through electric fans which are evenly distributed inside the best fridge in UAE. This technology works on the principle of even distribution of cool air inside the fridge by electric fans. As there is no formation of ice, there is no need for defrosting. In fact, a small element inside the unit melts accumulating ice. This process executes without interfering with the natural cooling cycle that is required to continuously refrigerate food.
A few advantages of this technology are that the even distribution helps in better preservation of food items as compared to Direct Cool Refrigerators. This kind of fridge is hence best for larger families in UAE. Available to up to 650 litres of capacity. As the capacity is higher, the electricity consumption is higher in these kinds of refrigerators due to the usage of electric fans.
Advantages of Inverter Compressor in Refrigerators
The advantages of an inverter compressor are as follows:
- Energy efficiency: The inverter compressor runs more consistently and at controlled speeds, which means it uses significantly less energy as compared to a regular compressor.
- Durability: Compressors experience the most wear and tear during the start-up period. Inverter compressors start up slowly and regulate temperature gradually as per requirement thereby reducing the chance of failure.
- Freshness: Because the inverter compressor doesn’t stop completely, only slows down, the temperature in the refrigerator is more constant, which means fresher conditions for stored food.
- Quiet operation: An inverter compressor also produces less noise since it works gradually at a slow pace to regulate temperature.
Fridge FAQs for UAE
A compressor is a part of the fridge that converts the refrigerant from gas to liquid. It operates according to the temperature in the fridge and runs at full speed when it needs cooling down. Further, it stops completely when the temperature is low enough. An inverter compressor is a gas compressor that is operated with an inverter. It works like a thermostat. It starts slowly, then increases its speed and as the desired temperature is reached, decreases it again just enough to maintain the temperature. In simple words, the temperature is regulated accurately as the desired requirement.
Even though more traditional, a Top freezer comes is cheaper and more energy-efficient. This is because the compressor which generates heat, works hard to cool the fridge, and freezer compartments are tucked away underneath the unit in modern refrigerators. Therefore, a bottom freezer is closer to the compressor and forces it to work harder to keep cool whereas a top freezer is further away making it easier to keep heat out with less effort. The top freezer because of its design offers more usable space.
Generally, bottom freezers are more spacious than top freezers and can adapt better to larger frozen items. This is so because, there are often organizing baskets or shelves to help you keep everything in order, as well as shelves on the door. This is not seen in top freezers as those are generally just wide spaces.
Allows Fridge to be at Eye Level but is more expensive
The bottom freezer fridge offers the convenience of utilizing the fridge at an eye level. However, since they consume more energy, they are bound to be more expensive.
While the previously used gases were quite harmful to the environment due to their ozone depletion factor, new refrigerant gases are chosen very wisely. So what is the gas currently used in modern refrigerators? Let us discuss them in detail.
Tetrafluoroethane is a non-flammable gas used primarily as a “high temperature”.
This refrigerant gas is one of the most commonly used gases that you can find in almost all existing refrigerators. This gas is effectively condensed so that it can cool the surroundings of the machine without causing the problem of ozone depletion.
Chlorofluorocarbon is a hydrocarbon that consists of one or two carbon atoms, where hydrogen atoms are replaced by chlorine and fluorine. It began to be used in refrigerators in the early 1970s. The use of this gas is being phased out.
It is a popular insulator used as internal padding in the refrigerator to keep heat out of the machine. It is less expensive and also acts as an effective inhibitor between the heat inside and the refrigerator.
As a result, it increases the internal temperature of the machine and thus helps to provide effective cooling.
Some modern refrigerators today use this effective insulator that acts as an ideal barrier between the surrounding heat and the interior of the machine. This insulator is very easy to clean, making it a preferred option to use.
Yes, they do but this is only because refrigerators are subject to the same laws of physics as everything in the known universe. If the ambient temperature outside the fridge is warm, then the fridge will run more often as it absorbs heat from the surroundings. It tends to be warmer out in the summertime. For instance, even in our homes with AC. It depends heavily on what temperature you maintain in your home during the different seasons.
If it was winter and the fridge was outside and the outdoor temp was 10 below zero, then the fridge would never run.
If the fridge was in your home and you kept the temperature constant at say 74 degrees Fahrenheit all year long, then the fridge would run exactly the same and would not consume more power in the summer.
Usually, it takes about three to four hours for the water to freeze in a freezer as ice is made in a standard ice tray — those plastic models with space for a dozen tapered cubes. Water freezes when it reaches 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degree Celsius), but the time it takes to do so depends on several factors that may be different in your freezer than in your neighbour’s.
The size of the ice cubes matters. If you have an unusual ice tray designed to make very small ice cubes, these will freeze faster than large blocks of ice. In fact, the surface area of the ice will also affect freezing time since ice begins to freeze from the outside to the inside. This means that an ice tray that has air space between each cube will freeze faster than one that merely has dividers.
The air temperature of your freezer matters. Generally, most home freezers are set at 0 degrees Fahrenheit, which is optimal. However, if you leave your freezer open or fill it with room-temperature food at the same time you make your ice, you’ll unwittingly raise the air temperature in the freezer, which will slow down your ice-making process.
I understand that purchasing the best fridge in UAE is not at all easy. Choosing a refrigerator needs to consider various parameters such as brand, capacity, door type, and price. Generally, people overlook space. But, I suggest that you keep in mind the space in your kitchen. A perfect kitchen is one where appliances such as the food processor or dishwasher have their own space. This, in turn, promotes a smooth-functioning kitchen. Consider reading the best microwave oven in UAE. These refrigerators are sure to fit your requirements. Now, all you need to do is keep your budget in mind before you purchase the best fridge in UAE for you. Ensure you read through this entire article before making your purchase.