Today the refrigerator’s use is no longer merely limited to its function of preserving food. Hence, you need to purchase the best refrigerator in UAE that meets your needs. Therefore, the easiest way to understand and differentiate them is on their capacity size. Basically the larger the capacity the more you can store and also more the functions. The capacity directly depends on those who utilize it. Depending upon their size and design, refrigerators can be classified into three main types.
Best Single Door Fridge in UAE – Quick List
|Fridge||Capacity||Best For||Defrost Function||Check Price|
|Hoover Freestanding||120 Litres||Couples/Small Families||Manual Defrost (Direct Cooling)||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Super General||116 Litres||Couples/Small Families||Automatic Defrost||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Whirlpool||190 Litres||Couples/Small Families||Automatic Defrost||Price in Amazon.ae|
Best Double Door Fridge in UAE – Quick List
|Fridge||Capacity||Best For||Crispers/Drawers||Check Price|
|Nikai Frost Free||400 Litres||Medium size families ( 4 to 5 members)||2||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Samsung Top Mount||420 Litres||Medium size families ( 4 to 5 members)||1||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Hoover Top Mount Frost Free||230 Litres||Medium size families ( 4 members)||1||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Whirlpool Freestanding Frost Free||242 Litres||Medium size families ( 4 members)||2||Price in Amazon.ae|
Best French Door Fridge in UAE
|Fridge||Capacity||Best For||Special Features||Check Price|
|Panasonic Side by Side||584 Litres||Large families||Eco LED light,|
Triple twist ice tray,
Egg storage section,
Dedicated dairy corner,
Quick cooling mode,
Quick freezing mode
|Price in Amazon.ae|
|Electrolux||524 Litres||Large families|
Ice cube dispenser,
Multi flow technology,
|Price in Amazon.ae|
|Hitachi||660 Litres||Large families||LED control panel,|
Quick freezing mode,
|Price in Amazon.ae|
- Just as the name suggests, these refrigerators have just one door.
- They range from a capacity of 150 to 250 litres.
- Generally, these are the most economical options available out there, and apart from fridge space, even offer modest freezer space.
- Direct cool in nature, but even this is changing nowadays with many companies introducing a digital auto defrost option on their models.
- These are a good option for two people or a small family of three.
- Featuring two doors, one on top of the other. Usually, the upper compartment is reserved for the freezer and the lower one is for regular use. This way, you get more freezer space to use.
- Generally has a capacity of 250 to 500 litres are an ideal option of four to five people
- Double door refrigerators are built to be more energy efficient
- They are always frost-free in nature,
- Usually ship with toughened glass shelves too.
French Door Fridge
- French Door Fridge is also known as side by side refrigerator, the most expensive models.
- With capacities ranging from 550 to 850 litres, these refrigerators offer huge storage space with several different sections. Hence, these are the best option for large families.
- Equipped with the latest technologies. These usually come with unique features like water and ice dispensers in the front.
- Besides, they are frost-free in nature and comes with toughened glass shelves.
Best Single door Fridge in UAE
With a Silver finish and compact size, this Hoover free-standing refrigerator is ideal.
- Capacity: Total capacity is 120L out of which 20litres are dedicated to a separate freezer compartment inside.
- Hinges: It comes with a reversible door to facilitate easy cleaning
- Thermostat: Hoover single door refrigerator comes with mechanical control with adjustable thermostat
- Adjustable Leg: To suit your preference and space needs it comes with an adjustable leg.
- Energy Consumption: Along with all these features its unique feature is its low-noise design consuming only 220Volts making it eco-friendly
- Defrost Function: This refrigerator functions on direct cooling it has the feature of manual defrost.
- Tempered Glass Shelves: This refrigerator comes with two removable and adjustable tempered glass shelves. These allow you to customize it as per your needs.
- Bottle Space: To store your drinks in a convenient way there are an inbuilt 2 litres bottle special location for hassle-free storage
- Crisper/Drawer: In order to keep your fresh produce for a long time separate fruit & vegetable crisper is provided.
- Price: Hoover Freestanding Single Door Refrigerator is available approximately for AED 500.
Model: SGR 060 H
Super General refrigerator offers a convenient way of keeping food fresh and cold for a long time.
- Design: This refrigerator looks elegant in its white finish and is a perfect addition to any modern household kitchen.
- Capacity: Total capacity is 116 litres allowing you to store all your daily necessities like food, fresh produce, butter, cheese etc.
- Defrost Function: The defrost function on this refrigerator does an efficient job of removing the ice accumulated in the freezer.
- Freezer Smart Design: innovatively designed single door refrigerator with a dedicated freezer compartment.
- Material: Made from top quality materials that ensure it provides you with years of trouble-free use.
- Price: Super General Single Door Refrigerator is available approximately for AED 400.
With a dark deep wine colour this whirlpool refrigerator stands out for all the right reasons, not only does it add depth to your kitchen but stands out for the features it provides.
- Cooling retention: Up to 12 hours of cooling retention in case of a power cut. Faster bottle cooling and ice cube formation is a plus.
- Defrost Function: The refrigerator section has an automatic defrost feature.
- Capacity: Gross capacity of this refrigerator comes at 190L. The fresh food capacity is 160 L and a dedicated freezer with 15L capacity.
- Hinges: While some fridges come with reversible hinges this refrigerator comes with door hinge to the Right
- Humidity-Controlled Crisper: This Whirlpool refrigerator comes with a unique Honeycomb crisper cover. Its innovative design to retain moisture ensuring vegetable freshness for a longer period
- Shelves: Two adjustable Shelves in fridge compartment to suit to your needs.
- Control: Whirlpool Single door refrigerator comes with a mechanical and functions on a single processor.
- Price: Whirlpool Single Door Refrigerator is available approximately for AED 850.
Best Double door Fridge in UAE
In the double door segment, we have Nikai double door refrigerator. Made of stainless steel material its silver finish adds an aesthetic appeal to your kitchen. It keeps your food fresh with no frost system that automatically defrosts.
- Design: This Double Door, freestanding refrigerator comes with vertical handles and clear back design.
- Capacity: Nikai double door refrigerator comes with a total capacity of 400 litres. The refrigerator fresh food capacity is 193litres and its freezer capacity is 53litres.
- No Frost System: The top-mounted freezer comes with no frost technology now you don’t have to worry about ice build-up or defrosting your freezer.
- LED Light: Mid-night snacking? See everything clearly as the LED light will brighten every corner of the refrigerator.
- Adjustable Shelves: With three adjustable glass shelves you can now store and enjoy more of your fresh and frozen treats.
- Drawer/Crisper: The unit comes with two drawers for added storage to store all your fresh produce.
- Safety: As an additional feature this unit comes with a lock and key
- Price: This Nikai Double Door Frost Free Refrigerators available approximately for AED 860.
Rank 2: Samsung Top Mount Refrigerator
- Twin Cooling Plus™ system: Designed to cool the compartments separately, hence this prevents unexpected odours spreading from fridge to freezer. This allows frozen food to retains more of its original flavour.
- Capacity: With a massive capacity is 420 Liter. The refrigerator fresh food capacity is 290 litres and the freezer has 72 litres.
- Flexible Storage: Easily convert your freezer section into a fridge to keep all the fresh food you need to store for different seasons or special occasions.
- Switch Off Mode: Equipped with a switch-off mode to save energy, depending on the season.
- Power Cool: At the touch of a button, the ‘Power Cool’ feature quickly chills food and drinks,
- Power Freeze: Now your party will never be out of ice, this feature of the top mount freezer is great for freezing or firming up frozen food and making ice just with a simple button.
- Toughened Glass Shelves: Has toughened glass shelves that are designed and tested to hold a heavyweight
- Digital Inverter Technology: Automatically adjusts the compressor speed in response to cooling demand across 7 levels. It uses less energy, minimizes noise and reduces wear and tear for longer-lasting performance.
- Anti-Bacterial Protection: The anti-bacterial protector keeps the fridge clean and hygienic. Air passes through an active carbon filter, so it is constantly sterilizing and deodorizing while an anti-bacterial mesh eliminates bacteria.
- LED Light: High efficiency LED lighting is slimmer, cooler and more power-efficient than conventional lighting. Located on the top, it beautifully and brilliantly illuminates every corner, ensuring better visibility
- Price: This Samsung Top Mount Refrigerator with Twin Cooling is available approximately for AED 1300.
- Design: Elegant and spacious Hoover fridge freezer design is ideal for modern households. The stylish silver colour blends in your modern kitchen with ease.
- Multi Air Flow Technology: Designed to ensures the optimal temperature and air circulation for longer-lasting freshness.
- Capacity: This Hoover refrigerator Gross 230L and top-mounted freezer with and two shelves, designed with the intention to provide ample storage.
- Shelves: Keeping in mind style and convenience this hoover refrigerator comes with has two toughened glass shelves that suit your needs.
- Drawer/Crisper: It comes with one vegetable drawer to keep your fruits and vegetables fresh.
- No Frost: No Frost technology prevents the formation of ice and frost by reducing humidity levels meaning you never have to defrost the fridge again.
- Power: Energy Star certified hence is energy efficient.
- T Climate: T Climate marking is suitable for up to 43°C ambient temperatures, meaning that the food stored inside stays fresh even on the hottest days
- Price: This Hoover Frost Free Refrigerator is available for approximately AED 1100.
This Whirlpool freestanding double door made with stainless steel and silver finish.
- No Frost: Effectively prevents ice build-up in your Freezer, by reducing humidity levels. Forget about defrosting smart sensors inside the cavity will track temperature within the fridge and activate the defrost mode only when needed hence saving energy.
- Rails on fridge drawer: it includes a fridge drawer on rails, ensuring a soft, smooth and effortless motion.
- Capacity– Gross Capacity: 242 Liters Net Capacity: 214 Liters. This Whirlpool fridge-freezer combination’s design provides all the space you need to comfortably store your food and drinks.
- Bottle Balcony: Convenient bottle balcony to safely store your bottles.
- Two Crisper/Drawers: so you’ll never run out of space for your fruit and vegetables.
- Glass shelves: With a passion for beauty in every detail, this Whirlpool Refrigerator includes glass shelves designed to combine beauty and functionality. In order to provide you with the most fulfilling user experience imaginable, glass shelves with profile fronts, elegance and extra safety.
- Long-Lasting: The stainless steel build of this refrigerator provides durability to it, thus ensuring its longevity. Also, it is resistant to corrosion and rust, which makes sure it continues to retain its shine for years to come.
- Faster Freezing: Ideal for ice making as it allows for faster freezing and is also good at conserving delicate items in the freezer. This innovative refrigerator design allows for cooling and preservation of frozen food during power cuts, thus keeping food from getting wasted. It also retains the taste and texture of ice cream and delicate items by crystal ice formation.
- Top Mounted Freezer: The freezer has been conveniently placed in the top compartment for convenient storage.
- Price: This Whirlpool Freestanding Double Door Frost Free Refrigerator is available approximately for AED 1000.
Best French door Fridge in UAE
- Design: The stainless steel finish door and handle gives a premium look and feel and is easy to wipe clean. With Auto Closing Door Hinges installed, side by side door design gives the refrigerator an elegant.
- Capacity: Large Capacity of 584L, net capacity of 527L making sure you will never run out of storage space.
- Eco LED light: Illuminates the refrigerator and enabling you to scan the refrigerator at a glance while also being energy efficient
- Door shelf covers: The door shelves come with an attached cover hence ensuring the contents on the shelf remain safe and reduce spillage.
- Triple twist Ice tray: This feature offers 1.5 times more ice than any other refrigerator making sure you will never run out of ice.
- Toughened glass shelves: Keeping in mind the style and functionality this refrigerator comes with three toughened glass shelves that are adjustable to suit your requirements.
- Double vegetable box: Easy to pull and slide, the twin vegetable box offers larger space and more flexibility to store all your fresh produce.
- Additional Components: The refrigerator space design incorporates separate sections like the egg storage section and a dedicated dairy corner.
- Digital Display: Control the temperature of different compartments through an accurate LCD display. The digital display also enables you to set up door alarm and child lock.
- Quick-cooling mode: The fridge cabinet temperature drops from 32 degrees to 5 degrees within 180 minutes under environment temperature of 32 degrees
- Quick- freeze mode: The freezer cabinet temperature drops from 32 degrees to -18 degree within 200 minutes under environment temperature of 32 degree
- Vacation Mode: This feature reduces the amount of power the appliance uses by stopping the fridge compartment from functioning. Empty the compartment and select vacation mode whenever you go away. The other compartments will continue to be cooled according to their set temperatures.
- French Door Design: French doors that look elegant and sophisticated touch. You can open the doors and have a panoramic view of all that you have stored in it. This gives you a wide view of the contents of the fridge. Thus, you can plan the menu for the day and your shopping lists with ease.
- Ice-Cube Dispenser: With the Glacier Light ice-cube dispenser, you can quickly collect ice cubes at all times.
- Capacity: Moreover, the fridge is exceptionally wide and has the 524L capacity so that you can store large quantities of food.
- Digital Display: With the LCD display and touch controls, you can adjust the temperature with ease.
- MultiFlow technology: The MultiFlow technology ensures stability in the inside ambience for effective and long food storage. Stable temperature helps in maintaining the optimal temperature level for ensuring the freshness of the food. The texture, aroma, and flavour of the food stay fresh, so you can enjoy healthy and delicious meals.
- Frost Free technology: Now wave goodbye to defrosting as this refrigerator comes with frost-free technology that enables automatic defrosting for preventing ice accumulation in the freezer.
Rank 3: Hitachi French Door Refrigerator
- Design: Bold black finish of the Hitachi Big French Door Refrigerator goes perfectly well with its elegant design. With its high-performance system, this refrigerator ensures adequate cooling of all the compartments of the refrigerator, making it is perfect for your kitchen.
- Cooling Technology: The Inverter X dual-fan cooling technology facilitates the transfer of chilled air to the freezer as well as the refrigerator, independently. This ensures incredible cooling efficiency.
- Capacity: Speaking of its massive 660L capacity, the user can store large quantities of food in the refrigerator without any struggle for space.
- Shelves: The tempered glass shelves of the refrigerator that are not only resistant to scratches and heat but also prevent any spills. can store large quantities of food on each level of the refrigerator.
- LED Control Panel: With a single-touch, you can adjust the temperature of the refrigerator.
- LED lights: Bright LED lights illuminates both compartments of the Hitachi refrigerator. These lights last for a long time and consume minimal energy, thus saving a lot of electricity.
- Quick Freezing mode: to preserve the nutrients of fish or meat and to make ice quickly.
- Energy Saving Mode: It also hosts the Energy Saving mode, which brings down the refrigerator’s electricity consumption level when you are away on vacation.
- Safety: It also sports a Child Lock feature to ensure that children do not play with the control panel.
Direct Cool Refrigerator vs. Frost Free Refrigerator
Direct Cool Refrigerator
In the Direct Cool type of refrigerators, Cooling is mainly through natural convection. As the name suggests, the refrigeration takes place by the circulation of cool air takes place naturally without any external aid. Since it is natural, there is uneven temperature distribution due to which there is the formation of ice from the water vapour inside the refrigerator. This leads to the forming of ice in the refrigerator.
These kinds of fridges hence need manual defrosting regularly. Generally, there is a knob or button for the same. Food remains moderately fresh. A few advantages of this technology are the fact they these refrigerators are economical and consume less electricity. In other words, energy-saving is higher. The direct cool refrigerator is limited to single door model only. Hence is ideal for 2-3 members in a family.
Frost Free Refrigerator
In Frost Free Refrigerators, cooling is mainly achieved through electric fans which are evenly distributed inside the refrigerator. This technology works on the principle of even distribution of cool air inside the fridge by electric fans. As there is no formation of ice, there is no need for defrosting. In fact, a small element inside the unit melts accumulating ice. This is done without interfering with the natural cooling cycle that is required to continuously refrigerate food.
A few advantages of this technology are that the even distribution helps in better preservation of food items as compared to Direct Cool Refrigerators. This kind of refrigerators is hence best for larger families. Available to up to 650 litres of capacity. As the capacity is higher, the electricity consumption is higher in these kinds of refrigerators due to the usage of electric fans.
Advantages of Inverter Compressor in Refrigerators
The advantages of an inverter compressor are as follows:
- Energy efficiency: The inverter compressor runs more consistently and at controlled speeds, which means it uses significantly less energy as compared to a regular compressor.
- Durability: Compressors experience the most wear and tear during the start-up period. Inverter compressors start up slowly and regulate temperature gradually as per requirement thereby reducing a chance of failure.
- Freshness: Because the inverter compressor doesn’t stop completely, only slows down, the temperature in the refrigerator is more constant, which means fresher conditions for stored food.
- Quiet operation: An inverter compressor also produces less noise since it works gradually at a slow pace to regulate temperature.
Refrigerator FAQs for UAE
A compressor is the part of the fridge that converts the refrigerant from gas to liquid. It operates according to the temperature in the fridge and runs at full speed when it needs cooling down. Further, it stops completely when the temperature is low enough. An inverter compressor is a gas compressor that is operated with an inverter. It works like a thermostat. It starts slowly, then increases its speed and as the desired temperature is reached, decreases it again just enough to maintain the temperature. In simple words, the temperature is regulated accurately as the desired requirement.
Even though more traditional, a Top freezer comes is cheaper and more energy-efficient. This is because the compressor which generates heat, working hard to cool the fridge and freezer compartments are tucked away underneath the unit in modern refrigerators. Therefore, a bottom freezer is closer to the compressor and forces it to work harder to keep cool whereas a top freezer is further away making it easier to keep heat out with less effort. The top freezer because of its design offers more usable space.
Generally, bottom freezers are more spacious than top freezers and can adapt better to larger frozen items. This is so because, there are often organizing baskets or shelves to help you keep everything in order, as well as shelves on the door. This is not seen in top freezers as those are generally just wide spaces.
Allows Fridge to be at Eye Level but is more expensive
The bottom freezer fridge offers one with the convenience of utilising the fridge at an eye level. However, since they consume more energy they are bound to be more expensive.
While the previously used gases were quite harmful to the environment due to their ozone depletion factor, new refrigerant gases are chosen very wisely. So what is the gas currently used in modern refrigerators? Let us discuss them in detail.
Tetrafluoroethane is a non-flammable gas used primarily as a “high temperature”.
This refrigerant gas is one of the most commonly used gases that you can find in almost all existing refrigerators. This gas is effectively condensed so that it can cool the surroundings of the machine without causing the problem of ozone depletion.
Chlorofluorocarbon is a hydrocarbon that consists of one or two carbon atoms, where hydrogen atoms are replaced by chlorine and fluorine. It began to be used in refrigerators in the early 1970s. The use of this gas is being phased out.
It is a popular insulator used as internal padding in the refrigerator to keep heat out of the machine. It is less expensive and also acts as an effective inhibitor between the heat inside and the refrigerator.
As a result, it increases the internal temperature of the machine and thus helps to provide effective cooling.
Some modern refrigerators today use this effective insulator that acts as an ideal barrier between the surrounding heat and the interior of the machine. This insulator is very easy to clean, making it a preferred option to use.
Yes, they do but this is only because refrigerators are subject to the same laws of physics as everything in the known universe. If the ambient temperature outside the fridge is warm, then the fridge will run more often as it absorbs heat from the surroundings. It tends to be warmer out in the summertime. For instance, even in our homes with AC. It depends heavily on what temperature you maintain in your home during the different seasons.
If it was winter and the fridge was outside and the outdoor temp was 10 below zero, then the fridge would never run.
If the fridge was in your home and you kept the temperature constant at say 74 degrees Fahrenheit all year long, then the fridge would run exactly the same and would not consume more power in the summer
Usually, it takes about three to four hours for the water to freeze in a freezer as ice is made in a standard ice tray — those plastic models with space for a dozen tapered cubes. Water freezes when it reaches 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degree Celsius), but the time it takes to do so depends on several factors that may be different in your freezer than in your neighbour’s.
The size of the ice cubes matters. If you have an unusual ice tray designed to make very small ice cubes, these will freeze faster than large blocks of ice. In fact, the surface area of the ice will also affect freezing time since ice begins to freeze from the outside to inside. This means that an ice tray that has air space between each cube will freeze faster than one that merely has dividers.
The air temperature of your freezer matters. Generally, most home freezers are set at 0 degrees Fahrenheit, which is optimal. However, if you leave your freezer open or fill it with room-temperature food at the same time you make your ice, you’ll unwittingly raise the air temperature in the freezer, which will slow down your ice making process.
Don’t be a fool keep your food cool
I understand that purchasing the best refrigerator in UAE is not at all easy. As choosing a refrigerator needs considering various parameters such as brand, capacity, door type and price. Generally, people overlook space. But, I suggest that you keep in mind space in your kitchen. A perfect kitchen is one when appliances such as the food processor or dishwasher have their own space. This, in turn, promotes a smooth-functioning kitchen. Consider reading the best microwave oven in UAE. These refrigerators are sure to fit your requirements. Now, all you need to do is keep your budget in mind before you purchase the best refrigerator in UAE for you. Ensure you read through this entire article before making your purchase.