Waking up in the morning to a power cut. Ouccchhh!! And your phone’s battery has drained out totally. NOO… That’s why you need the best power bank in UAE to charge your phones and other devices in case of a power failure. We can’t imagine our life these days without a phone, technology, and social media. In fact, a cell phone is a necessity nowadays. You never know when you may need to make a call in case of emergency. Or when you need to access the Internet or drop a mail. Hence, we all need a cell phone and other important devices throughout the day to fulfil our personal as well as professional needs. And to be able to access these devices throughout the day, we need to purchase the best power bank in UAE.
Related: Best Power Bank in Saudi Arabia
Gone are those days when we had to fully charge our phones for it to last till evening. With the best power bank in UAE, you can charge your phone and other devices while on the go. Also, for all those who are frequently on the move, purchasing the best power bank in UAE can be mind-blowing or I would say life-changing. Moreover, a power bank can be really helpful when you’re out on a hike or tour. It may so happen that while travelling you may land in an unknown destination with unfamiliar roads. That’s when you can depend on the GPS on your phone. And for this, the best power bank in UAE can help you keep your phone charged. Here is an in-depth article that contains all the necessary and latest information on power banks. This is going to make your purchasing process hassle-free.
Best Power Bank in UAE – Quick List
|Power Bank||Capacity||Weight||Check Price|
|Anker PowerCore||20000mAh||367 grams||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Xiaomi Qi Wireless||10000mAh||350 grams||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Huawei Honor||10000mAh||240 grams||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Samsung Advanced Fast Charge||10000mAh||220 grams||Price in Amazon.ae|
|ROMOSS Wireless Case||4800mAh||210 grams||Price in Amazon.ae|
Important Specs of a Power Bank
Before you purchase the best power bank in UAE, you need to consider certain factors. Or, in other words, the important specifications of a power bank. Identifying and understanding these specs will make purchasing the best power bank in UAE a lot easier.
Capacity is one of the most important specifications of a power bank and tops the list. It’s the key indicator of the amount of power your portable power bank can charge your devices with. And also how often you need to charge it. As a matter of fact, the capacity of the power bank is measured in milliamp-hour (mAh). A power bank with a capacity ranging from 6000mAh to 15,000mAh is good. Since it is able to provide sufficient power to charge your device several times. For instance, if a smartphone has a battery of 5000 mAh. Then it indicates that the phone’s battery can supply 5000 milliamps of electric power in an hour. Therefore, if the circuit consumes 1000 mAh, then the battery will last for 5 hours at its best performance.
Hence, a higher capacity indicates more power to charge your devices. And also, the fact that you can use it multiple times. Usually, 3 or 4 times before recharging again. Moreover, some of the power banks have 2 ports. And therefore they can charge 2 devices at the same time. However, there are a lot of external factors that also play a role in determining the life of the battery. These 2 factors are voltage and circuit resistance. When it comes to voltage conversion, a good portion of power is lost. Generally, the input to the power bank is at 3.7 to 3.8V. While the output is at a standard rate of 5V (USB port). This is a voltage up conversion.
Therefore, ask yourself first if you need the power bank for daily use, once a week or just emergency back up. Also, if you need it for charging only 1 device or more than 2 devices.
Weight & Dimensions
After capacity, the next most important factor is the weight and dimensions (size) of the power bank. An ideal power bank is compact in size, doesn’t weigh much (as in it’s not that heavy). And it also packs a powerful charging capacity. I believe, nobody wants to carry around a heavy power bank. Especially, while travelling or when you have many things to take care of. Generally, people carry their power bank in their backpack while travelling. College going students are seen carrying it in the hand and some people even in their pockets. So, before you make your purchase, always look for the weight and the dimensions i.e the size of the power bank.
The smaller in size, the lesser space the power bank will occupy in your bag or on the desk. Also, keep in mind how far you travel and also how often you travel. Whether you need the power bank for daily use or occasionally. In addition, how many devices you need to charge with the power bank. Keeping all these factors in mind, you should purchase the one that fits your requirements.
So, let’s talk about Quick Charging (QC), which is another aspect to take into consideration. As the name implies, quick charging means that the power bank is capable of charging your device at a very steady pace. This pace is so high that your device gets charged by the time you take a shower. Or, by the time you finish your meal. Fast charging utilizes the maximum wattage in the internal circuitry. It does this by adjusting the amperage and voltage to the extent the technology supports.
However, if the whole process is not well planned, then, it may shorten the battery life due to the production of excess heat. Moreover, it is the most beneficial when the battery is almost dead. And also when you need to charge a portion of it to keep you lasting for a little longer.
Number of Ports
Another crucial aspect or factor to consider is the number and type of ports that the power bank comes with. The number of ports in a power bank determines the number of devices that the power bank can charge simultaneously. Today, most of the power banks have 2 output USB ports. While some have just 1. If you need to charge 2 devices simultaneously, then you need to purchase a power bank with 2 ports. And also ask yourself how often you need to charge your devices. On the other hand, some power banks can charge 3 devices simultaneously. This is because you can charge 2 devices by connecting it to the 2 ports of the power bank with the help of USB Type C cable (wired connection). And if offers you the functionality of charging the third device wirelessly.
USB ports are not always the same. Hence, even if they look similar, they can have different power values. For instance, 5V can be any of these i.e 1A, 1.2A, 2A or 2.4A. The “A” value stands for Amperes. Amperes refers to the number of electrons that can travel to the port per second. Hence, the higher the “A” value of your power bank, the faster your device will charge. So, before you purchase the best power bank in UAE, ensure that it is compatible with the charging requirements of your device.
Rank 1: Anker PowerCore Power Bank
- Twin USB Charging Ports: Offering you simultaneous charging. The 2 USB-A ports enable you to charge 2 devices at the same time.
- These dual charging ports are equipped with Anker’s Power IQ high-speed charging technology.
- They provide optimized charging virtually to any mobile device.
- Light and Portable: Anker PowerCore weighs less than a pound. Thus, the best for charging devices while you’re on the go.
- Compatibility: It’s compatible with most-USB charge devices. These include iPhone 8/X/XS/XS Max/XR with the lightning cable requirement. As well as Android smartphones and tablets including the Nexus 7.
- Trickle Charging Mode: No matter what the size, it ensures a fast and safe charge for every device. Moreover, it features a creative design that meets the tiny power requirements of the devices.
- Compact & Portable: Weighing less than a pound and just 0.7 inches thick. This is one of the most portable ultra-high capacity portable chargers.
- High Power for Days: It delivers over 7 charges to iPhone 8. Also, 5 charges to Galaxy S10 and iPhone XS. Additionally, it delivers 1.5 charges to iPad Air 2.
- PowerIQ 2.0: Benefit from the fastest charging speed of 18W while charging a single device.
- Protection: The MultiProtect safety system combines high-voltage protection and temperature control. As well as current regulation and more to keep you and your devices safe.
- Capacity: All thanks to the 20,000 mAh capacity of this device. It enables you to fully charge 2 mobile devices at the same time.
- Price: Anker PowerCore Select is available approximately for AED 90.
Rank 2: Xiaomi Qi Wireless Power Bank
- USB Type-C Charging: The micro USB cable comes with a Type C adapter. It offers a wide range of charging options that support phones, notebooks, tablets, and more. To charge iOS devices, simply pair it with your own cable.
- 18W Fast Wired Charging: With up to 18W fast wired charging. It intelligently adjusts the power output to safely charge each connected device.
- Bluetooth Headsets & Fitness Bands: It enables you to safely charge the low power devices. These include Bluetooth headsets or fitness bands. All you need to do is double press the power button to enter 2-hour low power charging.
- High-Density Lithium Polimer Batteries: These incredibly dense 10,000mAh batteries satisfy the portable power needs. For your tablet, phone, camera and other devices.
- Protection from Short Circuit: It automatically protects the motherboard and battery when a short circuit occurs.
- Reset Mechanism: With the help of the power button you can reset the power bank in unstable environments.
- Protection from Incorrect Insertion: If you insert the charger incorrectly then it detects this and automatically stops charging.
- Temperature Resistance: The heat sensitive and temperature control ensures the Li-ion batteries operate within a safe range.
- Optimizes Charging and Discharging: It consists of world-class chips that are not only safer.
- But, they also improve the charging conversion rates and stabilize discharging voltage.
- With advance resistance-capacitance sensors, this power bank is more durable and optimizes the charging efficiency.
- Aluminium Metal Case: High precision CNC cutting tools are used to create this integrated aluminium case. Hence, this case has a high structural strength that can withstand collisions. And also up to 2000 pressure impacts.
- Aesthetics: It feels exceptional in your hand. The double anodized aluminium case features a matte, polished and extremely smooth surface.
- In addition, it features shiny CNC finished edges, a design typically for premium smartphones.
- Price: Xiaomi Qi Wireless power bank is available for around AED 100.
Rank 3: Huawei Honor Power Bank
- Certified Safe: The Huawei safety system ensures complete protection for you as well as your devices.
- High-Speed Charging: Huawei offers a fast possible charge for any device. Quickly charge all your devices with this noble and high-quality power bank.
- Compact & Ergonomic: Due to its compact nature and ergonomic size, it’s easy to carry it while travelling.
- Suspension Loop Design: Thanks to the suspension loop design. It enables you to attach a string (lanyard) to the power bank. Thus, making it more convenient to carry.
- Capacity: With a 10,000 mAh large capacity, you are sure to never get stuck with a dead phone.
- Material: With premium material and meticulous craftsmanship. It’s a great companion that you can’t afford to miss.
- Price: Huawei Honor power bank is available for around AED 50.
- Over Current Protection (OCP) Functionality: With OCP functionality, you can charge your devices safely. That too without worrying about excessive current levels damaging your devices.
- Quick Charge 2.0: This Samsung power bank features Samsung AFC (15W). Also, it comes with Quick Charge 2.0 support that lets you power up quick when you’re on the go.
- Top Up Quick: Wow, it recharges fast and therefore you can reuse even faster. With Over Voltage Protection (OVP), the Samsung battery pack prevents overvoltage. Thus, it can safely recharge it to full capacity in just 220 minutes. That too in fast charging mode.
- Double Charge Efficiency: It offers you twice or double the advantage. Hence, now you can charge with double efficiency.
- All thanks to its dual-port charging capability.
- This Samsung power bank can power 2 devices simultaneously providing added convenience and less hassle.
- Low Current Charging Support: Featuring low current charging support. Here is a convenient way to keep your devices charged.
- Moreover, it’s also compatible with a wide range of 3rd party and Samsung devices.
- This provides you with the freedom to charge what you need when you need it the most.
- High Quality, Higher Capacity: With a charge capacity of 10,000 mAh, this Samsung power bank provides plenty of boost. So, you don’t have to constantly keep an eye on usage levels. Thus, you can move around freely for longer periods of time.
- Aesthetics: It powers up in style since it features a slim, light and ergonomic design. Thus, making it comfortable to keep close at hand. It also features a stylish silver colour that matches your sense of style.
- Price: Samsung Advanced Fast Charge power bank is available for around AED 60.
Rank 5: ROMOSS Wireless Case Power Bank
- Completely Free from Cables: This ROMOSS power bank charges your iPhone X entirely. That too wirelessly and is 100% portable.
- Operation: Simply press the power button i.e located on the front of the wireless power bank. Next, attach it to your iPhone X via the case with built-in magnets. After you do this, your phone will begin to charge.
- Capacity: With a capacity of 4800 mAh, it offers you more than 1 full charge to your iPhone X. A full recharge of the wireless power bank takes only around 2.5 hours. This is approximate via the USB Type- C cable that they have provided.
- Compatible with any Qi Devices: Simply detach the power bank from your case and then it can wirelessly charge any Qi-enabled devices. Such as Samsung Galaxy S9 / S8/ Note 8 and more such devices.
- Powers Up Non-Wireless Devices: This detachable power bank also charges iPhone 7 / 7 Plus / 6 S and 6 S Plus. As well as the other non-wireless support iPhone or iPad with the included Type-C to lightning cable.
- Price: ROMOSS Wireless Case power bank is available approximately for AED 120.
Other Utilities Bundled with Power Bank
Here are some other utilities that are bundled with the best power bank in UAE.
Let’s discuss about the wireless charger. Wireless charging works on the principle of electromagnetic induction. As the current passes through, coils of wire in the charging plate (base station) create a magnetic field. This magnetic field, in turn, induces an electric current in an adjacent coil of wire without actually touching it.
Most of the power banks today feature a handy built-in torchlight. Wow! This is mindblowing. Thus, these kinds of power banks also function as a mini torch or emergency light.
Radio and Speaker
Some power banks are equipped with a built-in radio with up to 24 hours of playtime. Further, some power banks come with a speaker on one end. The Bluetooth controls it. This speaker amplifies the sound that’s sufficient for a small group to listen to what’s playing on the phone.
Power Bank FAQs
Power banks have small LED light indicators. These LED light indicators provide information about the various states of the power bank. Most of the power banks have 4 small LED light indicators which are blue in colour. When you connect the power bank to a wall plug (wall socket), one of the LED lights will start blinking. Thus indicating that your power bank is getting charged. If the 1st LED light is blinking that means the charge in it is between 0%-25% and is taking up the charge.
Next, if the 2nd light is blinking that means the charge in it is between 25%-50% and is charging. When the 3rd light blinks, it indicates that it has a charge between 50%-75%, and is taking up the charge. If the 4th light is blinking, it means that it’s charged between 75%-100%. Once all the 4 LEDs stay lit steadily, this means that the power bank is fully charged and should be immediately disconnected from the power source. If all 4 LEDs start blinking, that means the power bank has developed some fault.
Generally, a power bank can charge 2 devices simultaneously. On the other hand, some power banks have just 1 port, so they can charge only one device at a time. As a matter of fact, the number of ports that a power bank possesses determines the number of devices that the power bank can charge at a time. Hence, the more USB ports, the more devices it enables you to charge.
Also, another fact is that some power banks enable you to charge 3 devices simultaneously. You can connect 2 devices to your power bank with the help of USB Type C cable. And the 3rd one can be charged wirelessly. So, you need to keep your requirements in mind and then make your purchase.
For the purpose of safety, airlines don’t permit power banks in the cargo luggage. As a matter of fact, power banks are batteries that utilise lithium cells. Generally, lithium batteries have a tendency to combust (catch fire and destroy). Therefore, they’re prohibited for cargo transport as a part of air transport regulations. They must be protected from short-circuit and carried in carry-on baggage only.
No, usually it doesn’t. But if you’re fully charging your phone from the power bank. Then it will take more time and effort to fill the last 10% or 20% of space. Hence, it’s always better to stop using the power bank when a mobile device is around 80% to 90% full. This is in order to avoid wastage of energy.
Charge your Devices On the Go
So, you’ve seen how the best power bank in UAE comes in use in emergency situations. As well as while assisting you in meeting your deadlines by keeping your devices charged. Ensure you purchase a power bank that is of good quality, durable, and lightweight. When it comes to capacity, be mindful of how many devices you need to charge it with. Always opt for a power bank with a capacity between 10,000mAh and 16,000mAh. So that if you purchase a new phone in future, you won’t have to replace your power bank.
Besides this, the number of ports is crucial. It’s better to opt for a power bank with 2 ports so that you can charge 2 devices at the same time. AVOID dropping your power bank down on the floor, road or any hard surface. Handle it with care and it will charge your devices with ease while on the go. Another gadget to your rescue is the best WiFi Extender in UAE. If you experience WiFi dead zones in your home or office then a WiFi can help. Since it rebroadcasts the WiFi signal thus increasing the signal coverage of the main WiFi router. You may also be interested in purchasing the newly launched Apple iPhone 12 in UAE for which there is a complete guide you can refer to.