After a long day the least you would like some warm food to warm you up from the inside. The best microwave oven in UAE is what you would need to fulfil this wish of yours. We have made sure to make your hunt easier by narrowing down some brands to Black + Decker, Kenwood, Panasonic and more. All having a wide variety of features for you to work with. Therefore, with this gadget, you need not order food as often anymore because cooking food at home is just as quick.
Related: Best Microwave Oven in Saudi Arabia
Quick List – Best Microwaves in UAE
|Black+Decker Solo Microwave Mz2010p-b5||20L||Solo||on Amazon.ae|
|Kenwood Solo Microwave MWM100||20L||Solo||on Amazon.ae|
|Sharp Solo Microwave R-20GHM-SL3||20L||Solo||on Amazon.ae|
|Panasonic Solo Microwave NN-ST34H||25L||Solo||on Amazon.ae|
|LG Neo Chef Microwave MH8265CIS||42L||Grill||on Amazon.ae|
Microwave ovens are a fit for every kitchen. In the modern era, microwave ovens are no more a luxury. They are a necessity. Besides the reheating of food, they help in cooking faster and disinfecting kitchen items. Hence making life a lot easier. Selecting the best one for you and your family as per your requirements and budget need not be stressful.
So it is important to identify your needs. For that, you need to narrow down on a choice that best suits you. And to do so, here are some things to consider while making a decision.
Types of Microwaves
Selecting the best microwave for your home based on your family size, food habits, other good to have features and the budget.
- Solo Microwave: These are basic models in the category of microwave ovens as they are mainly used to reheat food. Recommended for bachelors, working couples and those who dislike eating food cold. They are cheaper than the other microwave models like grill and convection.
- Grill Microwave: These microwave ovens are provided with additional grilling accessories. Best suited to grill meat or vegetables like Paneer. Both microwave and grill functions can run parallel in making delicious grills in minutes.
Best suited for: Families and Meat Fans
- Convection Microwave: Proved to be an all-rounder since it can be used in reheating, cooking, grilling and baking. These microwave ovens have a fan at the backside that helps in circulating the hot air. This speeds up your cooking and makes the food crustier. They are expensive compared to solo and grill ovens.
Best suited for: Families & Bakers
Choosing the Size and Power
Coming now to the most crucial part of this article. Choosing the size of your microwave depends upon the number of members in your family and the type of food that you cook.
- Small Family: For small families consisting of 3 members the ideal capacity would be ranging from 15 to 20 litres if you are going in for a solo microwave. This is just perfect as the quantity of the food for you and your family will be sufficient and it is within budget too. If you want to buy a grill or convection microwave then you need to opt for one between 21 to 30 litres.
- Family of 4: If you are a family comprising of 4 members then the ideal capacity would be in the range 25 to 30 litres. But, if you are going in for grill or convection, then you need one which is 32 litres and above.
- Large Family: For larger households, the ideal capacity should exceed 30 litres. This will be perfect for the needs of your family.
After a thorough analysis of the various microwaves available in the market here are a few options. The rankings for the best microwave oven in UAE based on quality, specifications, budget and more are as follows. With a decerning eye choose one that is most suitable as per your requirements.
Rank 1: Black & Decker Microwave Oven
After thorough research, we have come to the conclusion that this is the best microwave oven in UAE. The reason behind this brand ranked number 1 is as follows.
- Capacity & Power at a Good Price: With a capacity of 20L & power of 700W, this Black & Decker oven offers ample space to heat more items in one go and is easy to use. Available at a price of around AED 215.
- Compact Size: This microwave oven is sturdy with a compact design and does not demand much space in your kitchen.
- User-Friendly Features: Equipped with a timer function, defrost by weight and time, and manual programs, this product makes for a smart appliance in your kitchen.
- Warranty: 2 years of brand warranty
Rank 2: Kenwood Microwave Oven
Great microwave oven with ample controls. This is a good buy for people who are precise with their cooking.
- Capacity and Power at an Affordable Price: This 20L & 800 W Kenwood Microwave Oven is available at an affordable price of around AED 225.
- Distinct Features: Equipped with 5 levels of power controls for a better experience of cooking. It has 35 minutes preset timer, manual control, and quick start function that all add up to its versatile usability.
- Safe to Use: The handles are made heat resistant for safe operability while the see-through door prevents you from opening it several times.
- Easy Cleaning: It comes with a removable turntable for easy cleaning.
- Time & Temperature Control: The two knobs of this microwave are set on the right side of the oven for conveniently setting the time and adjusting the temperature.
Rank 3: Sharp Microwave Oven
This is a very affordable option for bachelors or small families. On top of that, this one is a looker.
- Capacity and Power: This microwave features a 20L capacity and a 700W power that lets you cook just as much as you would need for a small to middle-sized family.
- Build Material: Giving you the perfect fit for your kitchen environment. With the black glass door and the handled pull door to open the microwave. Moreover, you have a grey painted cavity as well.
- Menus: With this kitchen appliance you have an option to choose and use any of the available 8 auto-cooking menus made available to you.
- Dimensions: For this device, you have the overall dimension of 34.4 x 45.2 x 26.2 centimetres. Besides that, the turntable inside the appliance is around 245mm in diameter.
- Display: Moreover the display has a yellow LED display which shows you the settings of your choice. Which is furthermore controlled digitally with sensor buttons.
- Power Levels: A total of around 10 power levels allow you to cook your food to any level you wish for it to be.
- Price: You can get this Sharp microwave at the approximate price of AED 300.
Rank 4: Panasonic Microwave Oven
Again, a super option that works well for medium-sized families making it one of the best microwave oven in UAE.
- Capacity and Power: With the use of this solo microwave oven you will have 25L of capacity. While the power will be at around 800W.
- Built Appearance: The overall appearance colour is black and silver which makes it possible to blend into your kitchen setting.
- Preset Menus: Here you have the available options of choosing from a variety of 9 options from the preset menus. This allows you convenience and easy usage without having to fidget with too many buttons.
- Special Features: Besides heating up food on your command it has the feature to auto reheat and even turbo defrost Which gives you the ease of usage as well as convenience needed.
- Moreover, the in-built child lock feature ensures the safety of your children by locking the door shut.
- Besides this, you also have the quick 30 seconds function and the ‘add time’ function as well.
- Display: The small but convenient displays your mode selected as well as a 4 digit time set on the LCD screen.
- Dimensions: For you to make sure this is the right pick for you the dimensions is around 485 x 400 x 287 mm. In this, the inner cavity dimensions are around 315 x 349 x 227 mm. Lastly, the turntable size is 288mm.
- Price: For this device, it would cost you around AED 380.
Rank 5: LG Neo Chef Microwave Oven with Grill
LG is a great household brand and this microwave is perfect for a family of four or more. It offers grilling and baking function so let the kebabs and cakes flow.
- Capacity and Power: A large capacity of 42 litres enables you to fit your bigger family needs. Moreover, the maximum output of power is around 1200W, the grill has around 950W, with the microwave you have 1880W and finally, 1700w is the combination mode.
- Smart Inverter: This smart inverter technology present in this device enables you to precisely control the temperature of the heat delivered to the food items. This feature ensures that your meal is cooked evenly even up to the centre.
- Furthermore, allowing you to cook and even fry foods in a healthy manner.
- NeoChefTM Technology: With this only available with LG, you can cook and use your microwave oven in lower voltages (until 300W).
- Besides that this even enables you to ferment yoghurt in your microwave.
- Grill: In addition to all the feature is the grill which let’s you grill your food to perfection. Giving it a little extra colour and flavour.
- Design: The manufacturers have tried to better this model of the microwave. Thus they have 3 times brighter interior light which lets you keep an eye on your food without having you open it.
- Moreover, you have a much more stable 6 points/wheels for the turntable. Which protect your food from spillage.
- Dimension: This model has given you the upper hand with a bigger interior capacity and compact in size as well. Due to which is external dimension is 33 x 61 x 49.5 centimetres just right to fit in your kitchen.
- Cleaning: The EasyClean surface which also has an anti-bacterial interior lets you clean the microwave with ease. A simple wipe down will do just the trick.
- Price: You can have this microwave oven for almost AED 840.
Which Features are Important for Daily Use?
The timer is an important feature when it comes to microwave selection. By setting the timer you can decide how long you want your food heated/cooked. This will vary tremendously based on the food you place in. A slice of bread from the fridge may only need 20 seconds whereas a Zip-locked bag hosting a stuffed chicken for cooking needs much longer. Probably, more than 20 minutes longer.
You should pay attention to the timer increments as they offer you an increased amount of control. The best part you don’t need to hover over your microwave as it will switch off automatically. You may be able to jump seconds, thirty seconds, minutes, two minutes, five minutes, and even ten minutes when selecting the duration. Some microwaves that come with a dial over buttons may enable you to choose uber specific timings. It allows you to perform other chores or keep an eye on the stove as the microwave will shut down after the time limit is reached.
An often overlooked feature until you need it. Defrosting features are great if you and your family eat cold cuts or freeze your vegetables. Further, defrosting a feature allows you to eat food when you want it without having to remove it from the freezer to thaw a couple of hours beforehand. This makes eating cold cuts unpleasant and forces you to dip your meats or vegetables into warm water for a while.
The best microwave oven in UAE, on the other hand, enables you to remove food items from the freezer and thaw them without half cooking them. On a normal setting, you may find that the outer layer of meat has browned while the meat is still frozen at the centre.
An auto-cook menu is a great feature to have especially if you are a bachelor or family trying out a new dish. It offers you the correct timing and power levels when cooking non-recipe convenience foods. Additionally, it gauges humidity levels and allows the given food item to be cooked at an optimal temperature determined by the sensor.
You can get up to 9-12 modes in your auto cook menu that encompass everything from steamed rice to grilled chicken to baked vegetables.
Features for Cooking Enthusiasts
If you love cooking, find yourself bring home a considerable amount of food when you go shopping or on holiday, then pay close attention. The best microwave oven in UAE can help you cook palatable dishes quickly. Microwaves come with certain features that are meant to be exploited by foodies such as yourself. To name a few:
A Pre-heating Feature
A pre-heating feature is designed for foods that require a specific temperature to be cooked in. This is usually used in baking for articles such as cakes and cookies. It is also common when grilling foods such as spiced lamb and herb chicken.
A traditional large oven will consume a considerable amount of power and time to get the right temperature. A microwave with this feature is your saving grace. Especially, if you are cooking for just 1-2 persons. You can enjoy and experiment with a ton of different recipes with a microwave that has a pre-heating feature.
A rotisserie is designed for hardcore carnivores. If you love meat, you can use this grill to barbecue all kinds of meat. With a handful of spices and little cooking oil, you can cook mouth-watering succulent chunks of lamb, mutton, beef, and chicken. From shawarmas to roast legs the possibilities are endless. Just grab a large capacity microwave if you intend on cooking a leg.
A rotisserie is a great way to cook meats as it is slower than a high flame, allows the marine to seep in and preserves the moisture in the meat that high heats do not. The consistent rotation allows your meat to be cooked evenly all the way through.
A Series of Different Power Modes
Power modes allow you to manually control the temperature you want to cook your food at. The sensor in cooking modes may not cook your dish in the manner you desire. It is important to know the function of a microwave at its given wattage.
As a general rule, at 500 watts or lower your appliance becomes a makeshift dehydrator. From about 500-800 watts the microwave oven can fry as well as steam food. Highest settings are best used to reheat food in a short duration. Such as tea, coffee or some curry and rice. Adjusting the levels does not change the wattage but enables your microwave to pulse until the heat level is reached.
Which Microwave is Best for My Use Case?
For an Office Space
Office spaces do not need microwave ovens packed with a number of features. No one is going to bring the ingredients and whip up a meatball lasagne over their lunch break. You need a microwave that has a reheating function.
The most common things people at work would place in a microwave are cups of tea/coffee, sandwiches, rice and perhaps a slice of leftover pizza. A 15L or 20L microwave should suffice for this purpose. You may want to invest in 2-3 appliances to manage the rush and avoid overcrowding at the reheating station.
- As a bachelor: You should consider buying a small 15L appliance with basic functions and perhaps a grilling facility. This especially holds true if the majority of your diet is take-out, sandwiches, instant noodles, or other ‘add hot water’ products.
- As a small family: A 20L microwave can suffice for 1-3 people. Since food will be warmed up in single larger containers you can all enjoy a hot meal together.
- As a large family: With 4 people or more and a pet may require a larger 25L or even 30L microwave. Usually, microwaves this size come with some of the latest features even if you don’t need them.
If you enjoy pizza and I’m not talking the frozen ones you get at Spinney’s or Carrefour. Then you need a 25L oven with a grilling function. An oven this size can help you fit in larger pizza bases and cook the bread to absolute perfection. You can experiment with thin crusts or cheese-filled ones if you fancy making your own dough as well.
If confectionery products pique your interest then you want to buy a larger microwave. Something to the tune of 25L to 30L should be able to hold the layers and large trays that go into baking cakes and cookies. You will also want to ensure that it comes with a pre-heat function so you save on time and effort. In doing so you can have a microwave that can help you become an entrepreneur from home by selling confectionery products.
If you feel like exploring the Arabic cuisine and testing your own skills making kebabs and shawarma then take a larger microwave oven. You can bring home a 25L microwave oven fitted with a rotisserie that allows you to mount the meat.
The even dispersion of heat allows your meat to cook thoroughly all the way through. You will also need a similar kind of oven if you fancy your hand at some Indian cooking. Try a tandoori chicken or steam some rice with your lentils in a microwave.
For the Elderly
When it comes to selecting the right and best microwave oven in UAE for senior citizens it is important to factor in a few extra things. To ensure they get value for money and a simple-to-use appliance read on.
An elderly person is likely not impressed with a futuristic design and a barrage of buttons or knobs in front of them as they heat some tea. For the most part, they need a microwave oven that is mainly capable of heating food. If they enjoy baking as a hobby or have a secret family recipe then consider getting one roughly 20L in size. Ensure that the microwave oven has a mode that allows it to function as microwave convection. Without this, you cannot bake in a microwave.
If they are more active and enjoy making treats for the younger ones frequently, don’t miss out on the pre-heat function which is fairly simple to use. The button is displayed on the panel itself and offer some assistance in teaching them how to use it. Assuming they aren’t familiar with microwaves of course.
If your grandparents are old-school in their approach to electronics and technology then you want to find a microwave that is easy to use. This will make them more accepting as they can understand its function and operation better. (Speaking strictly from personal experiences, you, on the other hand, may have grandparents who are as inquisitive as a 3-year-old.)
A mechanical panel is much easier on the eyes than a digital one. Even though the sleek design may appeal to the youth. Mechanical panels tend to have dedicated button functions. Simply rotate the dial to choose the desired setting and get the microwave started.
Elders will find this convenient as they will not have multiple buttons to press. This limits effort in changing settings, known sound alerts, read tiny writings on the LED display and overall feel exhausted while heating the morning cup. In one swift motion elders can choose the power and see representations of where to turn the dial for the kind of food they are heating. This also avoids any incorrect buttons being pressed or choosing the wrong setting. Consider buying a microwave like the Nikai Microwave Oven.
Members of the Family
The number of people in a family influences what type of microwave should be brought home. With elders, simple design works best but you may need multiple features. For families with two or three generations living together buy a microwave with a 25L to 30L capacity. You can get one with a tactile button system (read below) for smooth operation.
It may take an elder a slight amount of time and patience to understand how the appliance works but once they do its all hunky-dory. One such microwave oven that you can opt for is the Black & Decker Microwave Oven.
What Are Different Microwave Panels
This type of panel is usually found in solo microwaves. These are microwaves that are mainly used for re-heating purposes. They do not have the ability to grill, steam, fry, or bake food items. They have dials and offer a great degree of control in a simple to use fashion.
Ideal for senior citizens or people who don’t bake or grill food in the microwave. The mechanical controls make it long-lasting and provide you with a heat setting that you can manually select. They are minimalistic in design.
These panels are trending on the market today. They offer you an innovative control system giving you increased amounts of control.
Without buttons, the panel senses your finger the way your smartphone does. It saves people the hassle of pressing multiple times. The buttons getting stuck after using it for prolong periods. It also makes cleaning astoundingly easy as you can wipe it down in one swift motion. They usually pack in a large number of features and cooking modes.
Tactile Button Panel
These come with a blend of buttons and knobs to suit your convenience. They are usually found in busy kitchens with a lot of baking and mixing. Having soiled fingers can spoil a feather touch panel but a tactile button panel is built for that. You can use the dial even with powder-coated hands that are ever so common whilst baking. Jog-wheel controls make this simple and easy to wipe down once you get to cleaning.
Pay attention to the panel and how it fits into your daily microwave oven usage. By getting the best microwave oven in UAE with the right panel you can reduce the time spent in the kitchen. For both cleaning and cooking purposes.
Microwave Myths: Is your Food Safe to Eat?
You’ve heard the rumours, they are plentiful. Terrorizing stories about how even the best microwave oven in UAE can cause your food to become radioactive. There are ridiculous beliefs that microwaves cause cancer and ones that say microwaved water alters DNA. So let’s dig into it, shall we? Yes? SI? Okay.
Right off the bat, microwaves do not produce gamma rays or make your food radioactive. They are electromagnetic, which means you will not turn into the incredible hulk by heating some broccoli in your microwave. You don’t have to take my word for it, this is credited to the dedicated effort put forth by bodies such as WHO (World Health Organization) and Harvard Medical School.
Does this mean there are no risks involved? No.
To the naysayers, microwaving food does not destroy the nutritional content of foods. Certain nutrients break down when exposed to heat. This is regardless whether you toss them in a microwave, stove, furnace, or industrial boiler. To attribute nutritional demise to microwaves is unfair. As for cancer, there is no proof that microwaves cause cancer. Just mere theories being tossed around.
However, this does give rise to the problems associated with insufficient cooking. There are certain foods (especially meats) that contain bacteria that are potentially harmful to people. The bacteria only die when exposed to a certain level of heat. Be sure to check it up based on which meat you are cooking. Next, it is important to note that the WHO states “Microwave energy does not penetrate well in thicker pieces of food, and may produce uneven cooking.” This can be potentially dangerous when cooking red meat in a microwave oven. So ensure you use microwave-safe plastics and containers. You can also utilize Zip-Lock bags for cooking purpose.
Is there a way to retain the nutritional quality of my food?
Assuming you’re still reading and support microwave cooking you’re in luck, remember all those fanatics you don’t eat out or use certain foods. Well, they may be on to something. There is substantial evidence that eating foods raw, or as close to raw as possible, preserves the most amount of nutrients. You’ve heard it before, the way your grandmother made butter at home, and incorporated dry fruits as part of the staple diet. Of course, I am not saying that you need to cancel your Zomato, Guidepal, or Roundmenu membership but simply limit exposure. When possible try and eat foods that require little cooking and minimal reheating.
Your body will thank you for eating whole foods without any processing or preservatives. Also, you will derive the highest amount of nutritional content from those foods and feel fuller for longer.
There are many myths surrounding microwaves and health. Some people say its cancer-causing and kill the nutrients of the food. Many scientific studies have shown that this is not true. If you are still sitting with one leg on each side of the fence, here is a piece on if microwaving food is safe and healthy.
Working of a Microwave Oven
The function of a microwave is to warm/ cook food items with just a click of a button. Therefore this is done with the help of high-frequency electromagnetic waves. These waves are produced by the electron tube present inside even in the best microwave oven in UAE. This tube is called the magnetron. The waves are then reflected inside the microwave walls to be absorbed by the food items. Furthermore, the water molecules present inside the food vibrate which causes it to heat up.
Although there is a point to consider, that even if the heat is created from the inside of the food a microwave oven doesn’t cook the food from the inside out. In fact, it works its way through the outer layers first and then the heat of the outer layer cooks the centre. Which is why you can have instances where your food item might be overcooked from the outside but undercooked towards the centre.
Besides that, getting the best microwave oven in UAE is worth the buy since you can have almost any meal cooked in no time. Therefore, saving in on the energy and resources used to cook the meal through the traditional method. Furthermore, a microwave doesn’t decrease the level of nutritional value. Since it cooks food without any additional water.
The microwave size depends upon the number of members in your family and the type of food you cook often. For small families consisting of 3 members, a solo microwave with a capacity ranging from 15 to 20 litres would be ideal. If you feel the need for a grill or convection microwave then you need to opt for one between 21 to 30 litres. However, if you’re a family comprising of 4 members. Then the ideal capacity would be in the range 25 to 30 litres. In case, you’re going for a grill or convection then you need one which is 32 litres and above. Further, the ideal capacity for larger households would exceed 30 litres.
Things such as microwaving food cause it to become radioactive is a rumour. Neither does microwaved water alter DNA. Basically, microwaves don’t produce gamma rays as they are electromagnetic. Hence, your food is safe and healthy to consume. To relieve yourself and get all your answers, consider reading how do I know if microwaving food is safe and healthy?
NO. Microwave food doesn’t cause cancer. The best answer to this would be to invest in microwave-safe containers. This will ensure that microwave cooked food is safe and healthy and not cancerous. Moreover, you can use glass and ceramic materials to heat your food in a microwave. Further, expose your food to heat for the shortest amount of time. Following all this will help you consume safe microwave cooked food.
The microwave size that you need depends mainly upon your family size and food habits. Solo microwave ovens are recommended for bachelors and working couples as they are mainly used to reheat food. A grill microwave is meant for a family of 3 to 4 and for all those meat fans. Additionally, for mid-sized and large families a convection microwave is whats needed. This option is a must if you’re into baking.
Simplify Cooking with a Microwave Oven
Relying on the best microwave oven in UAE for your food preparation saves time and makes cooking simple. In some instances, microwaves are the preferred method of cooking. When selecting the best microwave oven in UAE you do not need to break your head with all this information. Simply see how many members are at home (factor in elders), take a look at your diet to know if you will need a grill, rotisserie, and pre-heating feature, and lastly find one that suits your budget.
When it comes to maintaining the health of your loved ones after bringing home the best microwave oven in UAE here are some tips. Firstly, make sure to invest in microwave-safe plastics and utensils. Secondly, keep in mind to heat food in glass or ceramic dishes. Thirdly, limit the amount of time your food spends inside. Lastly, heat the food evenly and ensure it is cooked all the way through. Now you can buy the best microwave oven in UAE for your family and yourself.