Too much information on the laser printer is confusing and tiring. The laser printer has a lot of specifications and technical terms and which one to purchase is a tough decision to make. I’m going to make that easy for you. The laser printers are explained in detail on what to look for, which brands are the best and how much is each of them costing and where do they stand among each other.
Best Laser Printer for Home Use – Quick List
|Pages Per Minute
|HP M130A LaserJet Pro Printer
|Price on Amazon.sa
|Canon Inkjet Multifunction Printer, Scanner
|Price on Amazon.sa
|Xerox Phaser 3020 Monochrome Laser Printer
( Print, Scan, Copy)
|Price on Amazon.sa
|HP Color LaserJet Pro M254nw Laser Printer
|Price on Amazon.sa
Best Laser Printer for Office Use – Quick List
|Pages per Minute
| HP LaserJet Pro
|Price on Amazon.sa
|Xerox WorkCentre Wireless Laser Printer
|Price on Amazon.sa
|Brother Monochrome Laser Printer
|Price on Amazon.sa
|HP Officejet 2620 All-in-One Printer
|Price on Amazon.sa
Types of Laser Printers in the Market
Before jumping over the list of the best laser printers in Saudi Arabia, it is important that you know the different types/categories of laser printers and the differences between them. I have noted down the different categories so that you can take a look at them and understand the meaning. Ensure you read the descriptions too since this will make your purchasing journey easier.
Monochrome print-only Printer
A monochrome printer uses black ink only and is less expensive as compared to a colour laser printer. So they are cost-efficient in comparison to their colour counterparts and is more preferred in professional environments for their fast printing speed and superior text quality that they offer.
Therefore, to carry out the heavy day to day printing needs quickly, a monochrome printer is what you need. As it can print and provide you with a lot of output quickly. Though, it is not as versatile as a colour printer.
Colour print-only Printer
Coloured printers are more expensive compared to inkjet and monochrome laser printers. Earlier, coloured laser printers were considered a luxury or extravagance, especially for home use due to the high upfront costs of the printer and the cost of the colour toner or in other words cartridge. Though, they have reduced the prices now into an acceptable range and are not as expensive as before.
So if you’re an individual or a business which needs a lot of coloured printouts, then possessing a coloured printer is a must as this will offer you a trouble-free printing experience. Also if you’re a graphic designer then sure shot you need to have a coloured printer.
Monochrome multifunction Printer
For some people, a print-only machine is sufficient (a printer that can only print) but many others such as business owners and stationary shop owners desire a copier and scanner as well. And that’s when the need for a monochrome multifunction printer (also known as all in one device) rises which combines a monochrome laser printer, colour scanner, copier, and fax machine into a single device. Although, some monochrome multifunction thermometers don’t have the fax function so if faxing is very important to you, then ensure you purchase a monochrome multifunction printer that has the fax function.
Furthermore, monochrome multifunction printers support Wi-Fi connectivity, mobile apps, duplex printing and also an automatic document feeder (rather than just a flatbed scanner).
Colour multifunction Printer
A colour multifunction printer is also equipped with a colour scanner, copier, and fax machine but an advantage of this device is that unlike the monochrome multifunction printer, this includes a colour printer. Basically, it is a high-end all in one colour laser that fulfils home as well as office needs as they are fast and flexible. Also, they have a great print and scan quality. Moreover, if you require coloured printouts often, then a colour multifunction printer is what you need.
Now that you are aware of the different types/categories of printers available and the difference between each. You’re ready to move on to the next section which comes with the features and functionalities of the best laser printer in Saudi Arabia.
Best Laser Printers for Home Use in Saudi Arabia
Rank 1: HP M130A LaserJet Pro Printer
- Multi-Function: This is a multi-functional black and white laser printer enabling you functions like print, copy and scan at 23 pages per minute . It is equipped with 2 fine cartridges for easy and quick flawless printing.
- Connectivity: The high Speed USB 2.0 Port enables you to connect to your device for printing purposes.
- Compact & Simple Design: This is the smallest of all LaserJet Pro versions of HP Printers allowing you to fit it in any corner of the house. The simple white smooth finish is scratch and stain proof and easy to clean with a cloth.
- Digital Control Panel: It has dual digit numeric LCD panel supported by set of buttons for power, print and set up features. It also includes 3 LED light indicators for ready, attention and toner.
- Auto On / Off technology: The power saving feature lets you use to according to convenience and lets it On only when in use and shuts it off when there is no action for prolonged period.
- Warranty: It is supported by 3 year manufacturer warranty for any damages cause d by product defect and not the external accidents.
- Price: It costs you SAR 657
- Multi Functional: Print , Scan , Copy features are supported here with the border less printing within 65 seconds of resolution 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- Cloud Connecting: You can now print your documents from the Cloud and also scan to the Cloud with the PIXMA Cloud Link making it all more convenient without having to carry your devices for printing. It is a safer storage of all your files.
- XL Cartridges: The high capacity Canon Ink Cartridges gives you more pages per month and saves upto 30% per page. You can print up to 120 pages more than the usual number.
- LCD Display: You can now control and adjust the settings of the device and even troubleshoot it through the 3.8 cm LCD screen.
- Price: It is quite affordable costing just SAR 299.
- Powerful Processor: It processing is quite quick and efficient with the 600 MHz processor delivering flawless results.
- Intuitive LCD: You can easily navigate to the device setting and features using the LCD panel ensuring the job is done as quickly as possible.
- Multi Functional: You can now print, copy, scan and even fax documents of your wish and get a color prints of resolution of up to 1200 x 1200 dpi enhanced image quality.
- Speedy Output: It prints up to 21 pages per minute of letter and 20 pages per minute of A4. The first page out time is as speedy as 8.5 sec.
- Connectivity: Built in WiFi Feature lets you print, scap , copy your pages from any device of your wish. Also supports high Speed USB 2.0
- Warranty: One year Warranty
- Wifi Direct: Ensures secure wireless connection with phone, laptop , tablet .
- Color Printing: With 4 cartridges supporting color printing upto resolution of 600 x 600 dpi
- Memory: It has a memory of 128 MB DDR, 128 MB NAND Flash
- Wired Connectivity: Supports HIgh Speed USB 2.0 connection and also has built-in fast Ethernet 10/100 Base-TX network port .
- Wireless Connectivity: It is enabled with WiFi feature with built in dual band 802.11b/g/n authenticated by WEP, WPA/WPA2 or 802.11x and encrypted by AES or TKIP .
- Power Saving Features:The HP Auto On/ Off Technology and Instant On technology save the energy consumption to significant amount in the long run and also enable quick usage without time wastage.
- Warranty: This only provides 1 year of hardware warranty.
- Price: Its placed at higher price than the black & printer for obvious reasons costing SAR 985
Best Laser Printers for Office Use in Saudi Arabia
Rank 1: HP LaserJet Pro
Model No: MFP M130fw(G3Q60A)
- Monochrome Multi-functional: It enables scan, copy and print in black and white.Also supports the faxing needs for your office with transmission speed of 3 sec. It gives a resolution of 600 x 600 dpi
- Connectivity: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port (device); built-in Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network port; Phone line port (in/out) and wireless connectivity through standard 802.11 b/g/n WiFi.
- HP Auto On / Off Technology: The power saving feature enables saving a lot of energy and quick usage.
- HP Smart App: The Smart App of HP enables connection with the HP LaserJet Pro and gives you control from the phone itself. Convenience has never been redefined like this.
- Automatic Document Feeder: Copy, Scan and Print the documents without feeding paper manually. It saves lot of times especially when you have lots of papers to copy, scan and print in the office. It supports up to 35 sheets in a single go.
- Warranty: 1 year
- Price: SAR 925
Model No: 3215NI
- Multi -functional – It can copy, scan, print , fax and email your documents as per your needs with a printing speed of 27 pages per minute delivering resolution of 600 x 600 dpi (up to 4800 x 600 enhanced image quality) . Supports only black and white printing. The first page prints in 8.5 seconds
- Automatic Document Feeder: Copy, Scan and Print the documents without feeding paper manually. It saves lot of times especially when you have lots of papers to copy, scan and print in the office. It supports up to 40 sheets in a single go.
- Connectivity: 0/100 BaseT Ethernet, High-Speed USB 2.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty
- Price: It costs you SAR 840.
Rank 3: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer
Model No: L2335D
- Fast Printing: It prints and copies at a speed of 34 pages per minute and with a resolution of 2400 X 600 dpi.
- Automatic 2 side printing: All the previous models discussed before are manual 2 side printing , but this one allows automatic 2 side printing perfect for a office.
- Quite Operation: Works with sound less than 50 dB in a full speed without any interruption. It gives you a noise free working zone.
- Energy Star: It operates at very low power and consumes less energy and also reduces the toner usage saving lot of printing costs for you. Its a A rated energy saving printer.
- Price: Pure value for money deal at SAR 429.
- Multi-function: Print , scan, copy documents at ease with two cartridges available for black and white and color. It prints at a resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi at a speed of 7.5 seconds for the first print out.
- HP Smart App: The Smart App of HP enables connection with the HP OfficeJet and gives you control from the phone itself. Convenience has never been redefined like this.
- Connectivity: Standard 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0;Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n . This one doesn’t have Ethernet facility.
- Compact Design: Overall its a small printer very handy weighing just 3.42 Kg and has all the essential features required for basic level of print, scan and copy. If you want high end features like automatic document feeding, faxing, email and cloud you have to look for the above specified options because this one doesn’t have those features.
- Price: Its the budget friendly option you can opt for priced at SAR 199.
Tips to Select the Best Laser Printer
Here are all the important determinants that you need to consider while buying the best laser printer in Saudi Arabia. With thorough research on this section, I put it forth for you. This will you in purchasing the best laser printer in Saudi Arabia hassle-free.
Monthly Duty Cycle
Duty cycle is a term that represents the absolute number of pages that can be printed over 1 month which depends upon the rated print quality of a machine. Or say it indicates how much a particular printer can print per month without any errors or jams. Printers are designed to carry and complete a particular workload.
If you compare your expected print volume to any printer’s monthly printing capacity then you are reducing the chances and risks of unexpected breakdowns and repairs. If any individual goes beyond the technical expectations of a printer regularly then it leads to frequent breakdowns and a shorter lifespan of the unit. Therefore, first and foremost, before you consider any other factor, you need to determine how much you print monthly. Moreover, this also helps you avoid purchasing more printer power than you need and pairs up your needs directly with a printer that can handle your workload.
Speed (Pages Per Minute)
The print speed, also known as PPM or pages per minute, is a factor that varies widely between the different laser printer models. Most of the printers today can print at speeds between 25 and 50 pages per minute which is more than adequate for business purposes. Giving thought and determining your printing habits will help you know how fast you need to print and also how much you need to spend to get that speed.
Some printers are capable of printing extremely fast i.e. around 500 words per second. However, very few may need this speed, plus this type of speed is very expensive. Therefore, you have to determine how many pages you need per minute.
Cost Per Page
This factor determines how much you’ll be spending on toner cartridges in the long run and it’s advisable to purchase a cost-efficient laser printer with a low cost per page. Every toner cartridge has a different price tag and page yield which is the number of pages that you can expect to print with one cartridge. So, to determine or calculate a printer’s cost per page, you need to divide a printer’s page yield by the cost of the ink cartridge.
Though calculating the cost per page for a colour cartridge is slightly more complex as first you’ll have to calculate the cost per page for each cartridge by using the same formula as mentioned previously and then add up the cost per page of all the 4 cartridges (black, cyan, magenta and yellow). Remember, most of the cyan, magenta and yellow cartridges have the same page yield.
Wi-Fi Connected Printer
Many laser printers of today feature built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, though several printers still rely on wired Ethernet or USB connections. Wi-Fi is extremely versatile as it enables the different devices to link up from anywhere but Wi-Fi tends to cut into the speed at which your unit can print. In many offices, the speed of printing is more important than versatility.
Laser Printer FAQs
Is a Laser Printer better than Inkjet?
A laser printer is better than inkjet for printing documents both in black and white as well as coloured format. But when it comes to printing photos, inkjets are a better option. If you want the cost per page to be as low as possible, then a laser printer is a better option as unlike inkjet printers, laser printers don’t use ink. They use a toner cartridge which lasts much longer and make use of a heat transfer method while printing. So the print is completely set and smudge-proof from the moment it comes out of the printer.
Can Laser Printers print in colour?
Yes, laser printers can print in colour provided you purchase a coloured laser printer. It can print text, documents as well as photos.
Do Laser Printers dry out?
No, laser printers don’t dry out as they use a toner cartridge for printing and don’t require ink. So, no ink means nothing to dry up. The toner present in a toner cartridge is a fine powder that forms the text and images that you print on the paper which unlike the ink used in inkjet printers, don’t dry up even if left for a long time.
How long does a Laser Printer last?
Most of the laser printers have an expected lifetime of about 5 to 7 years. The major components of the laser printer can be replaced when they wear out, so you can keep the printer going long after its warranty expires. The maintenance and the environment you keep it in also makes a difference.
Print with Quality
I understand that with numerous brands available online, it is confusing to make the best choice. Yet, I have tried to simplify it all here, to make it easier for you to buy the best laser printer in Saudi Arabia. If you’re still confused or have a second thought, then all you need to do is carefully read through this article once again keeping all your requirements in mind. What features and functionalities you need as well as the budget. This will make your process of purchasing the best laser printer in Saudi Arabia easy.
Also do not compromise with the quality as it’s a once in a while purchase. And I have made this list after thorough research through the various site. So, you can save your precious time as well as the effort of looking for another one again. HAPPY PRINTING!!!