The best induction cooker in UAE is something you should be on the prowl for. Homes over the years have reduced gas connection and have switched over to electric cooking ranges for a number of reasons. While a cooking range can help you prepare meals effortlessly it does come with a couple of limitations. The best induction cooker allows you to cook food without being confined to one area. The small kitchen appliance can be easily transported and is extremely handy if you enjoy travelling/camping or live in a hostel or places with limited kitchen access.
Induction cookers are a lot safer than conventional stoves as there is no flame or risk of getting burned. The appliance transfers the heat to the utensil in which your food cooks. Well, this is an oversimplified understanding of it.
|Induction Cooker||Power||Burners||Check Price|
|Prestige Smart Cook |
|1800 Watts||Single Burner||Price on Amazon.ae|
|2000 Watts||Single Large Burner (Wide cooking space that can fit a large pot and can feed 2-3 members easily)||Price on Amazon.ae|
|2200 Watts||2 Burners||Price on Amazon.ae|
|1800 Watts||2 Burners||Price on Amazon.ae|
|2900 Watts||2 Induction Zones (Burners)||Price on Amazon.ae|
How does an induction cooker work?
Electrical induction heats a cooking vessel with the help of heat from an electric heating element. The vessel must be built using a ferromagnetic metal such as cast iron and stainless steel. You see, an induction cooker underneath the ceramic plate conceals a coil of copper wire. When a cooking utensil is placed on top, an alternating electric current is passed through it. This changes the magnetic field and gives an electrical current known as the eddy current. These are loops of electrical current in the conducting material constantly changing from positive to negative.
When it comes to choosing a vessel to cook in, copper and aluminium pans simply won’t do the trick, unless they have a layer at the bottom that makes them magnetic. Induction cookers are clearly smaller than gas ranges that have multiple cooking stations. What do they offer that makes them worth the purchase? This question brings me to the next section.
Pros and cons of an induction cooker
Weighing out the pros and cons of even the best induction cooker in UAE helps you decide whether it is the right appliance for you. This alone can help you understand whether you require an induction cooker or not.
- Faster: Induction cookers are known to have shorter cooking time. In fact, if you set water to boil it would take 50% less time to boil on induction than on an electric cooking surface.
- Precise: Due to the flat surface of the utensil and appliance the current runs right through. Improving longevity and ensuring every part of your meal is cooked evenly.
- Safer: The surface of the induction plate is only heated from contact with the vessel. This reduces the chances of burns significantly.
- Energy-efficient: Induction hobs transfer about 84% of energy due to their magnetic fields while gas transfers about 74%.
- Easy to clean: Induction cookers are small and compact. They are simple to clean and do not require you to deal with tough stains that accompany gas ranges. They also are easy to maintain and are easily moveable, so you can clean underneath with ease.
- Needs special cookware: You need ferromagnetic utensils in order to cook as it uses magnetic fields to operate. This means you may need to invest in a separate set of utensils. Not to mention induction cookers are not the cheapest. The setup is likely to cost you a little more than an electric or gas stove.
- Flat bottom cookware: Since the base is flat and heat is generated from the coil, even ferromagnetic utensils that do not have flat surfaces do not work too well. There is a chance that they may slip or have food cooked unevenly.
- No area to protect spillage: Unlike other hobs, on an induction cooker it’s easy to mess up your kitchen floor or countertop. If you over boil or overcook food then the spilt amount runs straight down as there is no place for it to go.
Now that you have a clearer picture of what you’re signing up for when you buy the best induction cooker in UAE, take a look at the top 5 picks.
Rank 1: Prestige Smart Cook
- Watts: The cooker comes with 1800W of power used to prepare a variety of dishes.
- Weight: It weighs only 2.8kg which is rather light making it easy to move about. You can have it in your kitchen one moment and then in the car heading to a cookout at the next.
- Burners: The appliance comes with a single burner.
- Child Safety: Yes the appliance has an auto shut down feature when a cooking pot is not detected. Even though food should never be left unattended while cooking it has a timer feature that you can use if you have mini errands to run. It comes with a lock feature so that even if your child gets their hands on it, they cant injure themselves.
- Touch Control: The touch control panel has four buttons neatly spaced out. It is in a sleek black colour that is both functional and pleasant to look at. The display helps you see your current settings with the temperature adjustment buttons on either side.
- Price: You can add this Prestige Smart Cook Induction Cooktop to your kitchen for an estimated cost of AED 190.
Rank 2: Sanford Induction Cooker
- Watts: The cooker has a power output of 2000W that can prepare scrumptious meals in a jiffy.
- Weight: The appliance weighs just 3 kgs. Light and elegantly designed it’s sure to add to the decor of the room you keep it in. Whether on a table for a garden party or inside your own kitchen.
- Burners: It comes with a single large burner. The cooking space is wide enough to fit a large pot that can feed 2-3 members with great ease.
- Child safety: Yes the appliance has an auto turn off feature when pressure isn’t detected upon the ceramic surface.
- Touch control: The multicooker has a tastefully designed touch control that is easy to operate. With timer settings on the extreme left and the power button on the extreme right. Next to them are the mode buttons and as you work your way to the middle are the plus and minus signs that help you adjust the temperature. Your settings are all visible on the screen that is centrally located.
- Price: Sanford Induction Cooker is available approximately for AED 330.
Rank 3: JBHURF Double Induction Cooker
- Watts: The appliance has a power output of 2200 W, which is significantly large.
- Weight: The appliance is on the bulkier side weighing in at 11kgs. If frequent movement mobile cooking is your requirement you may want to consider other options. It works best in a fixed place.
- Burners: The only induction cooker that has 2 burners in this list. It enables you to prepare one or more dishes simultaneously saving you a great deal of time. There are a variety of cooking modes to choose from that make preparing meals simple, such as water, soup, stir-fry, and hot pot mode. This basically sets the temperature at the required level for the item selected.
- Child Safety: The company throws in a number of safety features to ensure your family is protected at all times. Its features include no radiation, no noise, child safety lock system, overheat protection, rounded corners, no corners. This makes the induction cooker completely safe and user-friendly.
- Touch Control: Each burner is accompanied by its own separate touch control giving you a greater degree of control. What really sets this appliance apart is that you can use iron, stainless steel, aluminium, copper, ceramic, and heat resistant glass for your cooking.
- Price: Bring home this JBHURF Double Induction Cooker for an estimated cost of AED 1,150.
Rank 4: Nevica Double Induction Cooker
- Watts: Nevica has a 1800W power output that offers you 8 levels of adjustable heating. You can allow a low output of 200W and dial it up all the way to 1800.
- Burners: The appliance has two burners that make it ideal for domestic use. This double induction cooker is also a great addition to a hostel room for midnight cravings or shared living accommodation.
- Child Safety: The appliance has a timer that allows you to switch it off when desired. Due to no flame, no smoke, and no carbon monoxide, it contributes to a healthier environment.
- Temperature: You can set the temperature in the range of 60 to 240 degrees Celcius.
- Touch Control: This induction cooker features a 4 digit display and touch control. All thanks to its easy to use design as it makes it extremely user-friendly. The smooth and flat surface also makes cleaning effortless.
- Price: Add this Nevica Induction Cooker to your kitchen for an estimated cost of AED 625.
Rank 5: Geepas Double Induction Cooker
- Watts: Geepas offers a 2900W portable induction cooker that features cooking time control.
- Weight: Weighing 4.2kgs, this appliance is ideal if you’re always on the move. It sits comfortably in kitchens or rooms.
- Burners: This appliance features two induction zones to offer you flexible and hassle-free cooking. It is great for cooking pots of rice, stews, sauteing vegetables and more.
- Child Safety: It has an automatic disconnect feature and a programmable switch-off feature.
- Non-slip Feet: All thanks to the non-slip feet, it avoids accidental skidding and falling.
- Touch Control: The device features a sleek touch panel that is scratch resistant. The black glass surface blends perfectly with the rest of the body and offers a professional touch to your kitchen. You can electronically control and select the temperature to your cooking needs. Simply touch the respective buttons on the front row to make use of the stove functions.
- Price: Geepas 2900W Induction Cooker is available approximately for AED 325.
Choosing the right induction cooker
If you think investing in an induction cooker is worth it then we are on the same page. However, making a choice shouldn’t be impulsive. Despite going through the rankings above there are a few questions you need to ask yourself before taking the plunge.
Smallest induction cookers begin from a size of 30cm. This can hold a maximum of two cooking zones. On the other end of the spectrum, the largest induction cooker reaches up to 90cm. As you can imagine, it is common to find ones in the middle at 60cm while offering you two cooking zones.
If you intend on replacing an old cooktop with the best induction cooker in UAE, be sure to measure the available space in your kitchen. If you are living in a shared apartment or hostel room, I would recommend one of a smaller size that you can keep in your room.
Instead of knobs, induction cookers have touch control. Undoubtedly they too contribute to a more futuristic look but their presence goes well beyond aesthetics. With a portable piece of equipment, knobs could get easily damaged rendering your appliance useless. Touch the glass to change temperatures and select a cooking mode with just one finger. As a bonus, they are much simpler to clean and blend well with your kitchen.
One of the most appealing features is the auto-switch off function. Based on the mode you select, the appliance shuts itself down if it detects the utensil has spilt over or run dry. Keep your eye open as the best induction cooker in UAE is one that has an auto-switch off feature when it detects that the utensil is not resting on the cooker surface. This really boosts safety and avoids accidental damage.
A default feature in most induction cookers. Pan detection allows the appliance to identify the size and shape of the utensil placed upon it. This heavily contributes to the energy efficiency measure claimed.
The feature is reserved mainly for advanced models. The timer function allows you to program the best induction cooker in UAE to switch off / reduce the temperature at a specified time. This gives you room to focus on other items that you wish to prepare.
Certain modes come fitted with a child lock. This is an added safety feature but at no point should your utensil or child be left unsupervised near the induction cooker.
Induction Cooker FAQs
An induction cooker contains a coil of copper wire under the ceramic plate. When a ferromagnetic utensil is placed on top, an alternating electric current is passed through it.
An induction cooker cannot cook food in just about any utensil. Glass, copper or aluminium pans simply don’t work. You need a ferromagnetic utensil in order to cook food. This means pots and pans made out of cast iron and stainless steel. If you intend on sticking to aluminium and copper then ensure you coat them with a layer to make them magnetic. You can search for induction-compatible cookware.
Since the surface of an induction cooker doesn’t get hot, people can touch it without getting burned. In addition, it also means that if you spill sauce or other liquids onto the cooking surface, it won’t burn, making cleaning easier.
There are two parts to this question. Induction cookers are far more efficient at energy consumption than both gas and electric cooktops. They cook food faster and lose less heat in the process. However, they do come with an increased price tag. Yet with off-late price has become less of an obstacle with multiple offers and financing options.
To boil 5 gallons of water, a 12,000-BTU gas burner takes roughly 36 minutes. Now an 1800-Watt induction cooker can do that in a mere 22 minutes.
You can add pieces of equipment such as drop-in units that are installed directly into the cooker or slide-in units.
A bonus you eliminate the daily exposure to flames and its byproducts that can affect the health of an individual over the years. Carbon monoxide does not pollute your home when you adopt induction cooking. The best induction cooker in UAE isn’t one with a single burner or 2 burners. It also isn’t one that weighs less when compared to another. The best induction cooker in UAE is simply one that fits your exact cooking needs. If you are someone who is always mobile then choose a smaller cooker that is easy to carry around.
If most of your meal prep happens in a single location then you can go for a larger and heavier appliance since it won’t be moved about enough. Be sure to invest in induction-compatible cookware if you’ve decided to buy an induction cooker. Undoubtedly you shall save a lot of time and energy once you bring home the best induction cooker in UAE. Before we wind up, we would also like to show you some of the best electric pressure cookers since they offer uniform distribution of heat. Spend less time cooking and more time with your family.