With almost every 1 in 3 households, both the people are working, it gets difficult to keep an eye on children and also ensuring the safety from burglary. It is always good to have an alive surveillance system for constant monitoring. This adds extra security to your home and loved ones. Home security cameras address these concerns and let you get an alert in times of emergency. All details about best home security cameras in Saudi Arabia are here in this article.
Different Types of Security Cameras Available in the Market
Just as the name suggests dome security cameras own a dome-like shape. Possibly it is the most common camera often seen in a number of Hollywood movies. Because of its appearance, one cannot tell which side the camera is pointing to. Normally seen inside casinos, retail stores, movie halls, malls and homes the camera comes with a varifocal length which gives the camera the flexibility to adjust the focal length of the lens. If you are buying one of these to place on your doorstep consider buying an infrared dome camera and if your neighbourhood is prone to vandalism then you can opt for a vandal dome camera.
The rifle bullet shell security camera or a lipstick camera is easily mountable because of the tri-axis mount. This camera provides video surveillance footage of its surroundings. Depending on your needs you can get one fitted with capabilities of 1080p HD resolution or a simple one capable of linking to your smartphone, which also allows you to keep an eye on your children’s rooms with ease.
A modern addition to home security systems, the built-in surveillance camera enables you to watch the footage on any linked tablet, phone or computer. The video displayed on your connected device is live. This gives you the ability to respond in real-time while going unnoticed. They come fitted with a doorbell so serve two functions and allow you to screen your visitors and scout for potential threats. Its two-way audio features enable you to talk with your visitor before allowing them inside your home.
These are the most common type of cameras. Moreover, these options are ideal to add to a home security system.
Features to Look Out for
The field of view covered by your camera should stand at the forefront of your decision-making process. On the basis of the angle of the pan and tilt offered, you can select one with a fixed location if set where there is only one path of entry and exit. Additionally, you can also select a camera with a 360-degree field view to ensure nothing escapes your sight.
Cameras can run for 24 hours a day when connected to a power supply, so, you can choose to store the data on the allocated SD card or external drive. Now once the card or drive gets filled up the system overwrites the old data. Note that it’s better to save old data for at least 6 months before deleting it. You can also buy a camera with an alarm recording as it only records after motion is detected within the frame.
The best home security camera in Saudi Arabia needs to have the capability to record data under every lighting condition. Hence, night vision is important to factor in when making your decision. Generally, varying light sources should not affect the quality of the footage to interpret it unless it is dark.
As for doorbell cameras, each manufacturer has their own app. Hence, using the specific mobile app by the manufacturer ensures that you can use all the features without a hassle. Make sure to check for updates and read the instruction manual when setting up your best home security camera.
Now that you know the different type of cameras and the features to look for, let’s see the best security cameras in Saudi Arabia. The rankings vary according to needs and budget for everyone.
|Security Camera||Range of View||Check Price|
|Xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera||360 °||Price on Amazon.sa|
|YI Smart Security Camera 3||107 °||Price on Amazon.sa|
|TP-Link Kasa Spot Indoor Camera||130 °||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Wyze Cam Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera||110 °||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Eufy Wireless Home Security Camera System||135°||Price on Amazon.sa|
Rank 1: Xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera
- 360 Degree View: Xiaomi Mi Smart Home camera eliminates the need for complicated security camera network while allowing for class-leading footage quality with the 360 degree view and 1080p Resolution.
- Night Vision: Infrared LEDs allow you to monitor the targeted zone even during the night hours. The image at night is bright and clear without the red light emission.
- Ceiling Mount: It is designed to be a ceiling mount safety camera which can be easily installed in the corners upside down or downwards to get a clear view.
- Compatibility:Android and ioS.
- Two Way Speech:It recognizes the two way speech and records with a clear cut distinction eliminating any kind of noise involved.
- Design: Xiaomi Mi Home Camera has 6 high quality lenses, Bilateral voice calls and Unique design of LDC technology to handle lens distortions.
- Connectivity: Using the WiFi Connectivity , you could directly stream the footage through Mi Home Application , save the files using SD card or through a server.
- Price: This is a pure value for money offering priced at SAR 228
Rank 2: YI Smart Security Camera 3
- AI security camera: The YI home camera 3 is a AI security camera with human detection and abnormal sound detection, 1080P Full HD resolution, 107 Degree wide angle, two way audio, magnetic base and upgraded night vision.
- Customized Stand-by Control: You could schedule on and off time of your camera for each day of your week. Turn off the blue status light or set a pin to lock your house camera. You can set to receive video and photo footage with your activity alerts.
- YI Home App : It is supported by 2.4 G WiFi so could be connected to YI Home App for live surveillance.It allows sharing up to 5 family members and 9 Live Feeds on PC .
- Dual Feature: It can be used as a standing mode camera or could be mounted to a metallic object by detaching it from the base .
- Adjustable Alert Frequency: AI powered human detected alert or motion detected alerts can be set by sensitivity levels from high to low. YI cloud service with graphic retrieval and timeline control for quick video review, ensures that footage is stored safely and remains accessible even if your Micro SD card has a failure (Micro SD card not included).
- Price: This is a 2 pc camera costing about SAR 389.
Rank 3: TP-Link Kasa Spot Indoor Camera
- Picture Quality: Kasa Spot Cameras let you experience sharp and clear 1080p Full HD video right in the palm of your hand . 130 degree wide angle field of view makes sure nothing is out of view.
- Instant activity alerts: You dont have to monitor the entire day, you can automatically get alerts on the status as it detects motion and sound.
- Night vision: Even in the dark, the Kasa spot has night vision up to 20 Feet. Never miss a thing at night and still get the same high quality video you’re used to .
- Two way audio: Just like the image quality , the audio quality is crystal clear botht the ways.
- Compatibility: Kasa Smart app; Even stream live video to any Alexa or Google Assistant supported Display, like a Fire TV, Echo Show or Chromecast .
- Price: This costs SAR 307 almost in the similar price range as previous.
Rank 4: Wyze Smart Home Camera
- Indoor Use: Wyze cam is designed for strict indoor use as it has to be powered and is not battery equipped. Also it is not weatherproof, hence should be used inside only. This could be more for your child -monitoring device.
- Full HD: This delivers a crystal clear 1080 x 720 p image with wide view of angle of 110 degrees. You can capture almost every corner without much effort.
- Flexible Design: Equipped with a 3 axis innovative design, it allows you to point in any direction. Use the included metal plate and adhesive tape with your camera’s magnetic base to mount it anywhere.
- Time Lapse: You could continuously record and store the files using a microSD card and there is a time lapse option for quick views of footage.
- Cloud Storage: There is also a free 14 day cloud storage option available.Videos are securely uploaded to the AWS cloud via end-to-end encryption and are accessible for 14 days — no subscription or monthly fees required.
- Connectivity: Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant and also allows live streaming through Wyze App.
- Price: This is cheapest option available at SAR 116
- Perfect Surveillance : Eufy offers a 2 camera kit for surveillance with footage of crystal clear 1080p HD. The 135° diagonal field of view allows you to see exactly what is happening in and around your home.
- Longest Battery Life: You are good to use for 180 long days with one charge. This is the longest that a camera can offer so its a very good deal.
- Human Detection Technology: It enables the camera to intelligently detect body shape and face pattern. This ensures you are only alerted when a person, and not a stray cat, approaches.
- Smart Detection Zones: It lets you customize the areas in which the camera will detect motion. You can set the zone to suit your home so you only receive the alerts you really care about.
- Weatherproof: This is suitable for outdoors as well because of its IP67 weatherproof-rating .
- Storage Security: You can securely store up to 3 months of recordings via the 16GB eMMC. AES-128 data encryption ensures your footage is kept private on transmission and storage.
- Smart Connectivity: You can now connect it to Amazon Alexa for live updates on the footage.
- Price: This is a very pricey offering and costs you about SAR 895. Although it offers 2 cameras it is still pricey, hence if you are looking for a really enhanced and sophisticated safety camera system then only opt for it. Else if you okay with the decent security camera for surveillance then go for the previous mentioned brands.
Get the best security camera in Saudi Arabia and forget all your worries about the safety of your house. Studies show that people alter behaviour when they know they are being monitored which itself reduces the chances of any trouble. Just make sure that your wifi range reaches your security camera.