A hand blender enables you to mix up a variety of condiments without switching utensils. Simply place the blender into the container and whir about. Less mess, less fuss, and less cleaning up. That’s not all, a hand blender is much lighter than traditional mixers and far more compact.
Whether you are making puree for your gravy item or blending nuts for some Baklava, a hand blender puts ease in your step. There are a number of attachments and accessories that you can purchase to supplement your blender. Hand blenders perform best with softer foods. A berry smoothie to start your day or a fine soup before dinner is easy to whip up with a hand blender. Hand blenders come with cords and even cordless. However, cordless hand blenders lack a bit of power. They do still make great additions to your kitchen as they take up little space and are easy to maneuver.
Things to Consider When Buying a Hand Blender
Instead of jumping for the first blender visible take a moment to asses your frequency of usage and specific needs. Base your decision on the following points.
Power and Speed
If the majority of usage involves baking or confectionery products then you can choose a blender with relatively low power and speed. Whipped cream, Cheese sauce, flour mixes, pancake batter, and articles along the same line require uniform speeds. Something around 200W or above should suffice. For thicker and heavier foods you will need a higher powered blender. Around the 400W-800W mark can take care of all your domestic blending needs. Higher powered blenders offer more stability and control and as such, demand a higher price.
Choose one with both high speed and low-speed settings to accommodate different usage needs. Powerful speeds help you shred down ingredients in a jiffy. Slower speeds allow you to work at a steady pace demanded by intricate items.
Frame, Design and Build Material
Hand blenders come in various frames ranging from plastic to metal. The blades are made of stainless steel or alloys. If you aren’t a gadget buff, best stick to reliable brands. They not only offer a better quality of product and results but also come in sleek stylish designs. Ensure that the design is comfortable to hold when selecting the size and color of a hand blender. Look for one with a rubber handle for better grip and stability. You can also find one with features allowing you to hang on your kitchen wall.
Blades and Attachments
If you conjure up a variety of aromatic infusions in your kitchen then pay attention to the blades and accessories. They are instrumental for better results when it comes to different needs like blending, chopping, emulsifying, and whisking. Look for hand blenders with strong, sturdy and sizable girth blades. Look for blades not too raised up for blending smaller quantities, this prevents splashing as well.
If you use a hand blender occasionally to bake a cake or prepare some fudge then do not invest in a high powered machine. Instead, grab a more economical option around 200W-400W of power while ensuring it is from a trustworthy brand.
Now that you know what to consider all that’s left is to go and buy a blender that suits your needs. To make the process even easier here are some of the best hand blenders you can buy in the UAE.
Rank 1: Braun Multiquick Hand Blender
- Stylishly Designed: This neatly designed hand blender from the German manufacturers ‘Braun’ comes in pristine white color and a stronger grey.
- Multi-Purpose Function: Pureeing vegetables or mashing and mixing baby food, this blender makes it simple.
- Simple and Easy to Use: Designed with innovative functions the blender easily chops, whips minces or crushes ingredients at the push of a button.
- Stainless Steel Blades: A bell-shaped blending shaft that delivers precise circulation supplemented by super-hard stainless steel blades giving you the best result.
- Turbo Boost Mode: Additionally, the blender offers a turbo boost mode made to blend harder ingredients like nuts and ice.
Rank 2: Saachi 4 in 1 Hand Blender
- Multi-Purpose: Cooking a large variety in your home? Saachi’s multi-purpose 4 in 1 blender comes with a chopper attachment with spring-loaded blades.
- Accurate: Use it for chopping greens or dicing anything with precision. With a whisking attachment, your cakes and goodies have the perfect rise.
- Removable Attachments: Since you can remove the attachments you don’t have to worry about the smell of onions creeping into your dough. Bonus, you can wash it all at the end without interrupting your preparation flow.
- Compact and Light Weight: Weighing just 1.3kg, this Saachi appliance is compact and does not tire your arm even when used for a prolonged duration.
Roll over image to zoom in
Rank 3: Philips Hand Blender
- High Power: The premium labelled hand blender comes with a 550W motor allowing it to blend everything from soups to chunks of meat.
- Dishwasher Safe: The plastic finish appliance gained popularity not only for its ease of use but also for being dishwasher safe.
- Shorter Cord for Easy Use: With just a 1.25m cord you do not have to wrestle with wires as you work.
- Ergonomic Design: Its slim-grip makes it ergonomic and comfortable to fit in anyone’s hand.
- ProMix Technology: The blender hosts this technology allowing for faster blending on a more consistent scale.
- Easy Operation: It features a two-button release system, adding convenience to removing the blending bar for cleaning.
- Eco-Certified: If you are weary about food security you should know the blender passed its eco-certification proving its safety and chemical-free standard.
- Price: Philips Daily Collection Hand Blender is available for an estimated cost of AED 90.
Rank 4: Philips Hand Blender
- Anti-splash guard: If blending is part of an everyday affair then this Philips hand blender makes life simple. The anti-splash guard ensures your kitchen walls are not painted with tomato puree.
- Comfortable to Use: The soft touch grip and convenient button placement make sure you do not strain yourself on a regular basis.
- No foul odor: It comes with an XL chopper and separate whisk attachments so no foul odors creep into scrumptious desserts.
- Turbo Button for Extra Hard Ingredients: Use the turbo button for an extra punch and break down those pesky harder ingredients.
- Texture Consistency: The blender’s triangular shape optimizes flow and contributes to texture consistency of food items. The appliance is easy to clean making it ideal for day-to-day usage.
Rank 5: Kenwood Triblade Hand Blender
- High Power and Light Weight: Do you get tired spending long hours blending foods? This Kenwood hand blender comes with a powerful 800W motor weighing only 1.57kg.
- Suregrip Soft Grip: This Kenwood Hand Blender is designed with Suregrip Soft Grip areas. This ensures extra comfort while blending hard ingredients. With the help of the Suregrip handle, you can easily get a grip even when your hands are not completely dry.
- Extra Large Foot: Featuring an extra-large foot that is capable of blending soups directly in the pan without splashing liquid ingredients. And preventing spilling onto your kitchen’s countertop.
- Calibrated Beaker: A calibrated beaker which is 0.75L is included with this blender and is ideal for a variety of blending jobs.
- Novel Triblade System: It offers you optimum performance and excellent user experience.
- Calibrated Chopper: A calibrated chopper of 0.5L comes with this blender and it enables you to chop a sizable quantity of vegetables in one go.
- Angled Blades: The angled blades mix well and provide you with a consistent blend in little time.
- Stainless Steel Blades: It’s lightweight contributed to the sleek plastic body and stainless steel blades.
- Convenient to Store: The slender design means you can store the device with ease in a cabinet or atop your kitchen counter.
- Price: Kenwood Hand Blender is available approximately for AED 210.
Choose Right! Blend Well!
Durable appliances like blenders deserve thought before you buy them. Using the points above be sure to find a blender that is easy to maintain and weighs less if you spend extended hours in the kitchen daily. For harder foods choose one with a higher Wattage and be sure to scout for multiple attachments. In the end, the right blender is comfortable to use and gets the job done in a hassle-free manner.