We know how difficult it is to make time to cook daily in UAE due to this fast-paced culture. Consider adding the best food processor to your kitchen in UAE as it puts a spring to your cooking and helps you lead a healthy lifestyle. However, it can be quite tedious to make the right choice since brands come up with improved options. After spending almost 84 hours on research, we have listed the best brands, some of which include Black+Decker, Philips, and Kenwood. These brands can perform the entire task of slicing, chopping, beating, cutting, shredding, mashing, grinding, mincing and more in no time and that too with high efficiency.
Related: Best Food Processor in Saudi Arabia
In addition to the product rankings are sections that will help you choose a reliable food processor with the ideal weight and power. As well as a detailed explanation of the accessories/attachments, FAQs and cleaning and maintenance of your food processor.
|Food Processor||Motor Power||Check Price|
|Black+Decker 4-in-1 Food Processor||850 watts||Price in |
|Philips Food Processor||1300 watts||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Kenwood Food Processor||900 watts||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Black+Decker Food Processor||750 watts||Price in |
|Kenwood Multipro Compact Food Processor||750 watts||Price in |
What can a Good Food Processor do?
Generally, a good food processor can perform the entire task with high efficiency and in no time. Not only slicing, chopping and cutting, but also shredding, grinding, or mincing. Besides this, a good food processor excels at all of the tasks listed below.
- Chopping: Chopping raw carrots, onions, vegetables, and meat has never been this easy.
- Beating: Firstly, it can beat egg whites for making souffles, pancakes, and meringues. Additionally, it helps in beating cake batter and other substances that need to blend together.
- Creaming: A food processor is a magic maker. It can help you make whipped cream within 2 minutes. Moreover, this whipped cream is denser as well as long-lasting.
- Crumbling: Creating a topping for your favourite apple and blackberry crumble dish now is fairly simple. Simply add all the ingredients for the crumble topping into the food processor. And there you go.
- Cutting: Now you don’t need a separate chopper for cutting vegetables, fruits, and meat. Cutting vegetables like ladyfinger, potatoes, and onions is possible with this appliance. Also, hard substances such as meat are easy to go on a food processor.
- Folding In: The folding tool can be used to mix the flour properly when you’re baking your favourite cake. Use this feature while whipping up a chocolate mousse or some scrumptious macaroons too.
- Mashing: Mashing potatoes, bananas, and more are easy with this amazing kitchen appliance. Further, it is also handy for everyday cooking including making tomato puree. In some cases, you may need to seek the assistance of a blender.
- Mincing: This kitchen appliance can mince all the vegetables and meat quickly after dicing them into small, bite-sized chunks.
- Mixing: A good food processor can substitute your mixer in the house. Furthermore, it can carry out all the mixing tasks.
Choose a Reliable Food Processor in UAE
It can vary from a smaller capacity to a larger one to cook food for the entire family. Generally, the capacity should depend upon the number of family members. Hence, a large family indicates the need for a larger bowl capacity and vice versa.
Number of Attachments and Accessories
The different accessories include a variety of bowls and a number of blades for several purposes. Further, these accessories disk slice and grate foods into varying degrees of thickness. Variable speed control systems help to change the speed of the processor. This system turns it into a juicer or a dough kneader as per requirement. Attachments include feeding tubes, blenders, whisks, and many others. These attachments, in turn, help the product live up to its reputation of being an essential kitchen component.
Size and Weight
The size and weight of a food processor generally depend on the number of family members. Therefore, you would need a large size food processor if you have a big family. Not just that, the kind of workload that is to be put on a food processor also matters. If your family consists of 4 to 5 members, or you cook only on certain occasions then a 10-11 cup version suits your need best. Whereas, a person who chops only small amounts of nuts or makes different types of sauces can buy a small food processor. It should include a small work bowl and a 3-4 cup processor.
Purchasing a food processor that is strong enough to perform different types of operations is a must. Since, operations such as kneading, chopping, shredding and more require high motor power. Additionally, a food processor with a higher motor power performs well and lasts long. Moreover, it performs all these tasks without any complications. The best kinds of food processors have a minimum power of 700 watts. Besides this, they have an astoundingly long life, without chances of wear and tear.
Different Attachments of a Food Processor
Below lie the different attachments of a food processor. Let’s discuss each of these in detail.
In the first place, food processors are equipped with a series of buttons or switches. Fortunately, these buttons and switches function as a control system. They help in controlling the speed of the food processor’s blades for various recipes. Likewise, the best food processor in UAE should possess a fully digital control system. Additionally, these control systems include a switch that provides an on/off mode for the food processor. Hence, ensure you look for a control system and speed switch. These will enable you to easily control the speed of various operations being performed.
Generally, a food processor comes with different capacities of bowls for various purposes. It’s highly favourable when food processor in UAE has many bowls of different capacities for various purposes. Hence, the bowl is the most essential part of a food processor as it helps to collect and process food. Moreover, it’s the largest part of the food processor too. Besides collecting and processing food, the bowl helps the user to avoid contact with the spinning blades. Thus, making it safe for the user as there won’t be any chance of getting hurt. Further, you can use the bowl as a dumping tool for residual food.
Inserts and Discs
Inserts and discs are beneficial as they perform several tasks on the food inside the bowl. Food processors mostly come with a whole bunch of inserts and discs for the entire completion of its functions. Further, inserts help in processes like chopping or blending. Choppers, slicers, graters and shredders are common examples of inserts.
A food processor has a cover for the purpose of covering the bowl. Food tends to spread all over the place due to the force of the blades. Therefore this cover proves beneficial as it helps in preventing the food from spreading all over the place. On the other hand, some food processors come with a cover that has a fill tube. Through this fill tube, the food can be fed from the top. A cover ensures safe mixing and chopping of food once put into the bowl.
Different kinds of blades exist that are made using different materials and are used for various purposes. As you know, a food processor is not only used for cooking. It’s also used for processing raw food including mixing, grating, blending or mixing. Next, make sure the blades are made using a strong material such as stainless steel and other metals. Using such strong materials will make the blades more durable and long-lasting. For instance, mixing and chopping hardcore nuts and vegetables in a uniform manner is crucial. Be it professional cooking in a restaurant or serving guests at home.
In a food processor, the citrus press makes fresh fruit juices conveniently and easily. Since it makes the device have multitasking capabilities, it’s an important part of your food processor.
Now let’s view the best food processor in UAE after an analysis of the various brands available. Taking into account the quality, cost, specifications and more. Here are some options to choose from.
Black+Decker is one of the best food processor options in UAE. Read through to know all its features and functionalities and bring it home today.
- Durable: The copper motor adds to the durability of this Black+Decker food processor.
- Accessories: The extended range of accessories increase and improve the capability of this food processor to perform 31 functions.
- Blender Jar: This food processor comes with a blender jar of capacity 1.8L. It has stainless steel blades that are perfect for making purees and smoothies.
- Compact 4-in-1 Setup: Food processor, blender, grinder and dough maker make up the compact 4-in-1 setup.
- Food Processing Bowl: The food processing bowl has a capacity of 3.5 litres which is ideal for a large family.
- Grinding Mill: For your herbs, spices and coffee, this grinding mill comes to the rescue.
- Stainless Steel Blades: A big thanks to the 5 stainless steel blades. They perform shredding, slicing and julienning.
- Kneading Blade: The kneading blade helps you in mixing dough.
- Dishwasher Safe: Now you don’t have to worry about cleaning any of the parts, accessories and attachments of this food processor by hand. You can easily put them in your dishwasher and save time as well as effort.
- Safety Lock: The additional lock on the bowl and the feeding chute makes it safer and more convenient for you.
- Calibrated Measuring Cup: The calibrated measuring cup offers you additional convenience.
- Price: Black+Decker 880W 4-in-1 Food Processor is available for a price of around AED 370.
Rank 2: Philips Food Processor
The Philips Food Processor is a versatile kitchen appliance that’s perfect for making anything from bread to drinks.
- Powerchop Technology: A unification of blade shape, cutting angle, and inner bowl constitutes the powerchop technology. It offers excellent chopping results for both, soft as well as hard ingredients. Regardless of whether it’s handling bread dough or crunching up ice. Therefore, the preparation of purees and mixing of cake batters is easier.
- Clutter-Free: Say hello to the sleek and compact Philips food processor. Its compact form factor is the reason behind it fitting easily in any corner.
- 12 Speed Settings: The 12-speed settings enable you to customize the speed. For accurate preparation of different dishes.
- Non-slip Feet: It stays in place even when kept on a smooth surface. All thanks to the non-slip feet.
- Double Metal Balloon Beater: Useful in whipping cream and egg whites.
- Metal Kneading Hooks: Along with its strong motor, the metal kneading hooks quickly knead the dough smoothly.
- Dishwasher Safe: In order to make cleaning easier. This Philips food processor’s accessories can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Wide Range of Attachments: With various functions, from shredding and grating to blending and juicing. Philips food processor includes a wide range of attachments. Simply connect the appropriate attachment for the task to accomplish. And let your Philips food processor do all the hard work.
- Price: Philips 1300 watts food processor is available for around AED 820.
Rank 3: Kenwood Food Processor
- High Powered: Equipped with a dynamic motor that consumes up to 900W of power. The product can shred berries and coconut pulp alike. Besides being energy-efficient, it also enables you to knead, blend and mix with efficiency.
- 3 Fully Interlocked Outlets: It features 3 fully interlocked outlets to attach 3 accessories simultaneously. Additionally, a K beater and a dough hook are the additional accessories that are provided with this food processor.
- Variable Speed Control: Kenwood food processor features a switch that enables you to control the speed. Further, it allows you to prepare multiple varieties of recipes as per your requirement.
- Ergonomic Design: The brand offers a firm, yet comfortable grip on the food processor.
- Special Features: You can use materials to bake a cake weighing up to 1.6kg and knead up to 500g of dough. This means you can skip out on making two batches and get it done within a single sitting.
- Compact: Since the Kenwood food processor is compact, it makes a lovely addition to your kitchen. It occupies less space in your kitchen, thus you can accommodate the other kitchen appliances easily.
- Sturdy Design: The silver finish that features across this processor’s body adds to its sophisticated look. Made using premium quality plastic makes this processor sturdy, long-lasting, and relatively light.
- Price: Available at a price of around AED 1,000, the appliance comes with a number of accessories to justify its price.
Rank 4: Black+Decker Food Processor
Treat yourself and your family to good home-cooked food at home with this Black + Decker food processor with blender, mixer, grinder and more. As to why this processor ranks first? The appliance speaks for itself. Take a look at one of the best food processor in UAE.
- 5-in-1: Black+Decker food processor is equipped with the 5-in-1 formula. The package includes a chopper, blender, grinder, dough maker and citrus juicer.
- Best-in-Class Capacity: It includes a large 2L (family size) food processing bowl. Additionally, it includes a 1.8L blender jar for smoothies.
- Whisking Blade: The whisking blade is the perfect accessory for whipping cream and making fluffy egg whites.
- Grinder Mill: Using the grinder mill, you can grind coffee, herbs, and spices.
- Easy Lid Locking System: For increased safety, this Black+decker food processor is equipped with an easy lid-locking system.
- Power Chop Technology: A unification of blade shape, cutting angle, and inner bowl produces excellent chopping results. This applies to both soft ingredients like berries and hard ingredients such as nuts or thick-skinned vegetables. Thus, preparing purées and mixing your cake batters become even easier.
- Citrus Juice Attachment: This attachment in the food processor makes it suitable for the extraction of juice from citrus fruit.
- Extended Accessories: Slicing and shredding blades are suitable for fine and coarse cuts. Besides this, the kneading blade is suitable for mixing the dough.
- Price: Black+Decker 750 W food processor is available for around AED 270.
- Safety Interlock (Full): A big thanks to the full safety interlock on this food processor’s bowl. It doesn’t permit you or anyone around to access the moving blades. So, until and unless you don’t fix the food processor properly, it won’t activate.
- Bowl Capacity of 2.1L: With a large bowl of capacity 2.1L, you can prepare more quantity and try out different recipes for a large family.
- Die-cast Aluminium: The body of the food processor is made of high-quality die-cast aluminium. Therefore, all the parts of this food processor are dimensionally stable and durable. Additionally, these are also stronger and heat resistant.
- In Bowl Drive Technology: This technology makes the bowl easy to set up and also replaces the traditional spindle. Additionally, this technology makes preparing great foods and blends easy.
- Stainless Steel Blades: The stainless steel blades won’t disappoint you as they won’t get blunt so soon. In fact, they have proved to stay sharp for prolonged hours and offer you precise and quick results every time.
- 1.2L Liquidiser: This is ideal for smoothies, soups and similar other drinks. Due to the high speed of this liquidiser, you obtain the desired drink instantly.
- Dishwasher Safe: All the detachable parts, attachments and accessories of this food processor can be cleaned efficiently in your dishwasher. Hence, you don’t have to handwash them which makes the cleaning process effortless and hassle-free.
Additional Benefits of Kenwood Multipro Compact Food Processor
- Dual Drive System: The dual drive system runs a food processor as well as a blender from the same power base thus making it unique.
- Motor Power: The 750-watt motor makes this food processor powerful. Moreover, this power-packed motor completes all the food processing tasks within a less time frame. Besides this, the motor of this food processor also provides you with superior blending results.
- Multi-purpose: Benefit a wide variety of options with regard to food processing. This food processor is an all-rounder as it works as a dough tool, a multi-mill, and a twin-geared whisk.
- Compact: Since this food processor is compact, it doesn’t occupy much space in your kitchen. Therefore, it is easy to store and leaves you space for your other appliances.
- Juicing: The juicer attachments comprise the citrus press and the glass blender and offer you excellent blending results.
- Price: Kenwood Multipro Compact Food Processor is available for an estimated cost of AED 470.
How to Make the Most of a Food Processor
While purchasing the best food processor in UAE, you also need to know how to use it the right way. What you can add to it and what you cannot. Ensure you don’t skip this section.
Freeze the Cheese
Before using your food processor to tackle a cheese-related recipe, ensure you freeze the cheese first. Placing soft cheese such as mozzarella in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up makes them easier to shred.
Adjust your Slice Size
Getting a thinner or thicker slice or a finer or coarser shred is less about the blade. In fact, it’s more about how much pressure you use on the feeding tube. Instead of purchasing more accessories, apply different levels of pressure as you input the food.
Avoid Starches and Egg Whites
The 2 foods not recommended to try out in a food processor are starches and egg whites. Keep in mind to use your hands for mashed potatoes since they turn gluey under the blade. Although there are egg whisk attachments that you can purchase for your food processor. For better results, it’s always better to use a hand mixer.
Spin with some Soap
Do you want to know the secret to a faster food processor clean up? Here it is. Once the food processor is scraped clean, put water and a drop of soap into the bowl. Press “ON” after doing this. Besides, it’s possible to run most of the food processors through the dishwasher. But avoid doing this as it will leave on stickier food like pizza dough.
Never Fill the Food Processor Completely
For best chopping and blending results, you should avoid filling the food processor totally. Also, never put your hand or fingers inside the food processor since this may lead to cuts and injuries or it may damage the product.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Food Processor the Appropriate Way
The best food processor in UAE is your best friend when it comes to chopping, grinding, cutting, slicing, mincing, shredding, juicing and a lot more. However, cleaning and maintaining your food processor in the appropriate way is mandatory. Although it seems like a lot of trouble, you can do it in a few easy steps. We bet you won’t find these cleaning and maintenance steps boring. Don’t forget, cleaning your food processor from time to time will help keep up its performance up to the mark and aid you in preparing healthy and delicious dishes.
Before we begin, you need to know the tools/stuff that you need. You will need mild dish soap, baking soda, dish cloth/sponge and a nylon brush. That’s it! Once you arrange for this stuff, you are ready to begin.
Step 1: Separate All the Parts of the Food Processor
Since you know that every food processor contains several parts and pieces, you will need to take off the top portion and then remove the pusher unit. Next, take out the blade and also take off the bowl from the motor. If you are wondering why you need to separate all the parts and pieces is because bits of food tend to get clogged or hide in these areas. Hence, you need to separate everything for thorough cleaning. Ensure you keep the blade aside once you separate all the parts.
Step 2: Wash the blade
Well, it is necessary to wash the blade immediately after you use it. The reason behind this is that moisture from soaking or from ingredients can blunt the blade. Washing the blade immediately will keep it sharp. Additionally, this also prevents the food particles from drying inside the tube or the crevices that are attached to the blade. Also, these are easier to rinse out immediately after use. Further, gently scrub the blade using mild soap and a pad. Ensure you do it carefully so as to not cut yourself. Moisture leads to rust, hence you need to dry the blade with a dry dish towel.
Step 3: Wash All the Removable Parts
You can wash all the removable parts and pieces of the food processor using warm water and mild dish soap. It is fine if you don’t want to wash these parts immediately, you can soak them for a while. Note that you shouldn’t scrub the parts of the processor with any abrasive pads or cleaners. You may wash the removable parts on the top rack of the dishwasher. However, you can’t wash the metal blades in a dishwasher.
Step 4: Wipe Down the Base/Motor Area
You need to wipe down the base of the motor area with the help of a damp cloth. Never plunge this unit into water. Also, never pour water over the base or the motor unit. Generally, simple and gentle wiping is the only thing that is needed. If the stain is tough to go off and stubborn such as tomato ketchup, then you can make use of a baking soda paste or a mild dish soap.
Step 5: Fully Dry the Processor and Assemble It
Lastly, dry all the parts and pieces of the processor completely in order to prevent damage and bacteria growth. Then, put all these parts back together. Usually, if you use your food processor on a daily basis then store it on a countertop. Else, you can store it in any other accessible and convenient location that is safe.
If your processor is giving out a foul smell or is stinky, then consider mixing a 1:1 ratio of baking soda as well as water. Store this mixture in the bowl of the food processor for about 10-15 minutes and then rinse it properly and completely. This will help the smell go off totally since baking soda absorbs the odours. Next, nylon brushes help in cleaning the blades and are less risky in terms of getting a cut. Hence, you can try using nylon brushes instead of using your hands. When it comes to cleaning the tubes, you need a little wire brush that can go inside the tube easily.
Maintenance of the Blade
As you have seen that you need to wipe the spindles and the blades thoroughly to get rid of all the moisture completely. You also need to know that oiling the blades help them to function efficiently. The user manual that you receive along with the food processor will have the instruction on how to oil the blades. Besides this, using the blades constantly may lead to wear and tear. So, if you feel that the blades are worn out or if you notice a change in performance then replace the blades as soon as possible. Lastly, remove any food particles that are stuck or clogged between the blades as they can damage the blades and affect the food processor.
Food Processor FAQs
The primary purpose of a food processor is chopping, cutting, and slicing food products like meat and vegetable. Not only does it make your cooking easier and more convenient, but also saves you a lot of time. This is because you don’t have to manually chop or slice food items, hence making it a versatile kitchen appliance.
The purpose of blenders is to blend liquids or soft food to make smoothies, juices and pulp. On the other hand, food processors take care of labour-intensive tasks such as chopping, kneading, slicing etc.
Chopping anything in a food processor is easy, be it chicken, vegetables, cheese or nuts. Besides this, you can use it to make homemade sauces and dips like pesto, hummus, vegetable dip, etc. Certain full-size processors are very useful in dough making.
A good food processor should have a wattage of at least 600 to 1000 watts. A high-power motor ensures better performance.
You can’t crush the ice in food processors with pushers, as it may damage the blades and bowls. On the other hand, some food processors come with a variant that can crush the ice. Hence, ensure you buy the right food processor in UAE.
Firstly, separate all the apparatuses from the processor. Secondly, keep it soaked in warm water i.e soapy dishwashing water for a few minutes. After waiting for a few minutes, gently scrub off the dirt and rinse gently.
It’s always recommended to wash the food processor by hand. But, it’s possible to clean the blades in a dishwasher. While doing so, ensure you keep the temperature of the water warm instead of cold.
Yes, it’s possible to juice in a food processor. Moreover, you can do this with the pulp in it or without the pulp in it.
Yes, it’s possible to do so in a food processor. However, you should be careful about frozen meat. It’s always better to thaw the meat before inserting it into the food processor. Else, there are chances of the appliance heating up and causing damage to the system.
Firstly, mincing meat is easy using the chopper attachment. Secondly, you can use a chopper to shred cheese, cabbage, carrots, and other similar vegetables. Additionally, the chopper works tremendously in chopping onions, coriander leaves, potatoes and more.
It’s always better to chop the hard ingredients into small portions before you puree them. Also, instead of stuffing them into the food processor, add them gradually.
Yes, you need to alter the speed as and when necessary. Reduce the speed of the food processor motor while shredding, grating and slicing. Do this especially when you use soft ingredients. On the other hand, increase the speed for harder vegetables.
Most food processors have a separate attachment for kneading the dough. It’s always advisable to use this special attachment rather than the primary attachment. However, you can use the primary attachment for mixing cake dough.
Yes. It’s possible and easy to crush ice in a jug blender. Simply switch off the motor and place the ice cubes inside the blender. After you do this, replace the lid and then switch on the motor.
Yes, it’s possible to grate coconuts in a food processor. But, you should remove the soft white portions of the coconut from the shells before adding them to the food processor.
No, it’s not possible to extract juice from sugarcane using a food processor.
Yes, of course. You can use the food processor to prepare fresh fruit and vegetable juices. However, it’s very difficult to extract juice from very hard vegetables and fruits using a food processor.
The answer to this is YES. This is possible as there are special attachments that help you in whisking eggs. Preparing lassi and your other favourite drinks is also possible using the best food processor in UAE.
Bring it Together
These are hands-down a few of the best food processor options in UAE. Don’t forget that a food processor is a long-term investment that shall serve you and your family for years to come. Hence, you need to choose wisely and select a reliable company product. When considering the price, avoid lower quality food processors that may come at the sacrifice of safety or longevity of use. Bring home the best food processor in UAE and save time and effort. Selecting the right one will definitely do you a good job. Also, consider checking out some of the innovative ways and smart kitchen techniques in which you can use your food processor.