If you are planning to set up a home gym in UAE during this lockdown phase, then consider investing in the best elliptical cross trainer, since it is a great piece of fitness equipment. Browsing through 1000+ elliptical cross trainer options has made us aware that Xtremepower, Top Sky and PROFORM top the list of the best brands. Elliptical cross trainers provide a full-body workout hence they benefit your upper body as well as lower body. This guide is a must-read if you reside in UAE as we have penned down the comparison between elliptical cross trainers and the other commonly used fitness equipment.
Besides the top 5 elliptical cross trainer products, we have also listed the factors that need to be considered for purchasing the right one. As well as some FAQs to leave you without a doubt thus providing you with all the necessary information.
Best Elliptical Cross Trainer UAE – Quick List
|Elliptical Cross Trainer||Max. Weight Capacity||Adjustable Resistance||Check Price|
|Xtremepower Dual Action||100 Kgs||Yes||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Exercise Bike and Body Shapers|
|120 Kgs||Yes||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Top Sky Orbitrac|
|100 Kgs||Yes||Price on Amazon.ae|
|PROFORM Unisex |
|125 Kgs||Yes||Price on Amazon.ae|
|PROFORM Endurance |
|115 Kgs||Yes||Price on Amazon.ae|
Why Buy an Elliptical Cross Trainer Bike for Home
Here’s why an elliptical cross trainer is a must for every home. Below lies the comparison between an elliptical cross trainer and a treadmill, exercise bike/cycle and a stepper. Ensure you read through every single line in order to better understand the benefits of bringing home the best elliptical cross trainer.
Elliptical Cross Trainer vs a Treadmill
Typically, low impact exercises, put less stress on your joints in comparison to high impact exercises. Since an elliptical cross trainer is a low impact machine, it’s a safer option than a treadmill. Especially if you have a musculoskeletal condition such as knee pain, low back pain, hip pain. And other health conditions such as arthritis or osteoarthritis. Then an elliptical cross trainer bike is a better and a safer option. Also, if you find it hard to tolerate the jarring motion of walking and running, then you should opt for an elliptical cross trainer.
In addition, if you’re recovering from an injury but don’t want to compromise on your fitness then the elliptical cross trainer fulfils your objective by offering you a high-intensity workout. Unlike treadmills, ellipticals offer you both upper as well as a lower-body workout. This is because elliptical cross trainers have arm handles. You can push your arms back and forth as you move your legs simultaneously. In fact, the resistance of these handles works the muscles in your chest, shoulders, and back.
Elliptical Cross Trainer vs a Bike/Cycle
As we have seen earlier, an elliptical cross trainer targets both the upper as well as the lower section of the body. Thus helping you gain strength in both. Moreover, it also helps you burn more calories. As for the upper body, it targets the back muscles i.e lattissimus dorsi, chest (pectorals), arms (biceps and triceps), and stomach (abdominal muscles). And for the lower body, it targets the buttocks, legs (calves and tibialis anterior), thigh muscles. hamstrings.
On the other hand, an exercise bike or stationary cycle works only on your lower body. This means that it will target only your thighs, hamstrings, quads, buttocks, and calves. By using an elliptical cross trainer, you can burn almost 15% more calories than the exercise bike/cycle.
Elliptical Cross Trainer vs a Stepper
Once again, an elliptical cross trainer is found to be more beneficial than a stepper. This is because a stepper provides a more intense leg and lower body workout only. It doesn’t contribute anything to your upper body, unlike the elliptical cross trainer. In other words, you expend more energy, while using an elliptical since your moving both your arms as well as legs. This, in turn, is as opposed to moving your legs only on the stepper.
Now that you know the importance of this machine and the benefits it offers you. Let’s not waste time and head to the top 5 elliptical cross trainers for your home gym in UAE. Carefully read through all the features and functionalities of each of these to help you purchase the one that fits your needs.
This dual action elliptical cross trainer for your home gym from Xtremepower is one of the best solutions to stay fit indoors.
- Adjustable Seat and Resistance: You can adjust the seat height vertically as per your convenience. Thus, benefitting extra comfort. Additionally, you can also adjust the resistance level simply with the turn of a knob.
- Best Indoor Exercise Option: It enables you to use it as a regular elliptical or as an exercise bike. Thereby making it the best indoor exercise option in UAE.
- LCD Display: With the help of this informative LCD training computer. You get to view your heart rate, time, distance, and speed of exercise. Moreover, it also scans and keeps you informed about the number of calories burned during your exercise.
- Heart Rate Sensor: With the grip of your hands, this elliptical bike can track your heart rate through the special sensor.
- Built-in Wheels: All thanks to the built-in front transportation wheels. If you’re bored and want to move this elliptical bike from room to room. Then all you need to do is get the elliptical upward to an angle. There you go, you’re able to move it with ease.
- High Quality: This fitness equipment will serve you for years to come as it’s made of heavy-duty steel.
- Ultra Comfortable: It features an ultra-comfortable sports saddle. And offers you the opportunity of changing the speed. Additionally, the fan wheel also runs smoothly and is noiseless.
- Maximum Weight: Anyone weighing maximum 100 Kgs can make use of this piece without any hassle.
- Price: Xtremepower Dual Action Elliptical Bike Cross Trainer is available approximately for AED 450.
Rank 2: Exercise Bike and Body Shaper
- All in One Revolutionary Fitness Equipment: With the combination of cardio exercises and resistance training workouts. This exercise bike/body shaper contributes to reducing your waistline. Thus, making it an all in one revolutionary fitness equipment.
- Monitor: The monitor displays everything that you need to know. The time, distance, speed, calories and hand pulse.
- Stable Secure and Workout: The tubular steel frame driven by the friction belt provides you with a stable and secure workout.
- Multi-Function Orbitrac: It comes with a seat and 4 handlebars to give you that perfect grip and comfort.
- Benefits: Obtain an amazing muscle-sculpting and calorie-burning workout simultaneously with this elliptical bike.
- Dual Direction: Through the dual-direction feature, this bike offers forward and backward elliptical action, resistance and multiple levels.
- Maximum Weight: The maximum weight capacity of this powerful fitness equipment is 120 Kgs.
- Special Parts: The stride bars contribute to the upper body sculpting. In addition, the front-mounted flywheel provides stability and compactness.
- AB Twister and Dumbbells: Along with the bike comes a free AB Twister to tone your abs. As well as 4 dumbbells that contribute to improving your workout.
- Price: This Exercise Bike and Body Shaper fitness equipment is available for around AED 500.
- Natural Elliptical Motion: Experience a (low impact) lower and upper body workout. With the help of the natural elliptical motion. Thus, this bike helps eliminate stress on joints and ankles.
- Space Saving: A perfect fitness equipment for those living in apartments or houses with less space. Also, if you need an elliptical bike that consumes less space in your house then this one is a must buy.
- Adjustable Seat: It comes with a large seat that’s so comfortable so you can switch your workout. This comfortable seat gives you that feel of an exercise bike as it makes the transition with ease.
- Dual Action Handlebars: This bike consists of dual-action handlebars offering a sitting and standing optional workout. Additionally, it also combines cycling with rowing action.
- Elliptical + Exercise Bike: Since this fitness equipment is a combination of both elliptical and exercise bike. It targets different muscle groups and is more effective in comparison to a single fitness machine.
Additional Features of Top Sky Orbitrac Elliptical Exercise Bike
- Slip Resistant Foot Pedals: With foot pedals that are slip-resistant, you can use this bike without no worries.
- Control Knob: You can adjust the level of resistance as per your preference with the help of the control knob.
- Price: Top Sky Orbitrac Elliptical Exercise Bike is available approximately for AED 700.
Rank 4: PROFORM Unisex Adult Elliptical
- 18 Workout Apps: In order to help you reach your fitness goals quickly, 18 workouts are built into the console. In addition, 8-week integrated weight loss programs are also included.
- Maximum User Weight: This elliptical can easily take up the weight of an individual weighing 125 Kgs. The max. user weight being 125 Kgs.
- Water Bottle Holder: All thanks to this water bottle holder that’s attached to the elliptical bike. You can simply fetch your bottle and sip some water in order to stay hydrated throughout your workout session. Moreover, there’s absolutely no need to move from the elliptical while doing so.
- Stride Length: The stride length of this elliptical machine is 18 inches.
- Integrated Tablet Holder: This integrated/adjustable tablet holder clamps down to hold your tablet safely. And it also keeps it close so that it’s convenient for you to get access to all your training tutorials as well as entertainment.
- Transport Wheels: With the help of the transport wheels, you can easily move this elliptical around. Moreover, these transport wheels are extremely beneficial when you need to store it back in its place after your workout.
- CoolAire Workout Fan: Its function is to keep you cool especially during intense workouts.
- Large LCD Display: Featuring an easy to read 14cm LCD console. It helps you view important information such as heart rate, resistance, speed, calories burned, distance, time, and rpm.
- Foldable: Being foldable, this elliptical cross trainer offers you an added advantage. So, when not in use, you can fold it without any hassle and store it where you want to. All thanks to its space-saving design.
- Stride Length: Featuring a stride length of 20 inches, it works on each muscle group completely.
- Preset Workouts: The 20 preset workout apps assist you in learning new workout training techniques. This helps you stay motivated throughout your workout as well as guides you and keeps you updated.
- Digital Resistance Levels: You can begin from easy levels and then progress to intense levels. Moreover, it has a total of 20 digital resistance levels.
- Further, each of these levels is silent, smooth, and frictionless. Due to the patented Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR).
- Effective Inertia: With 7Kg of effective inertia that’s made to perform, you’ll experience a smooth and steady pedal stroke.
- Natural Striding Experience: A faster gear ratio and effective weight placement deliver a more natural striding experience.
- iPod Compatible Audio: You can now enjoy your workout even more by listening to your favourite tracks. That too, the best part is that you can do this without getting tangled in headphones.
- Large LCD Display: This LCD display is large enough and provides important workout feedback. That too in an easy to read format. It also includes a Watts meter for intensity readings.
- Price: This PROFORM Endurance Elliptical Cross Trainer is available approximately for AED 3,500.
Now that you’ve seen how amazing all these elliptical cross trainers are. And what difference it can make to your body and health. You need to identify which of the above will best suit your needs. It’s of no use purchasing an elliptical cross trainer or for that matter any fitness equipment without adequate knowledge. To make this daunting task easier, I have put forth some crucial factors to your rescue.
Factors to Consider while Buying a Cross Trainer
Do consider all these factors to bring home the best elliptical cross trainer for your home gym without any hassle.
Type of Exercise
The most important factor to consider while buying a cross trainer is the types of exercise it offers. An elliptical cross trainer is a combination or a blend of the stepper, treadmill, bike and cycle. Since your moving your arms as well as legs on the elliptical cross trainer they provide a more effective workout as compared to a stepper. Additionally, this gym equipment engages the hamstrings, quadriceps, chest, back, biceps, glutes, and triceps. Elliptical cross trainers can be used extensively in the stimulation of stair climbing, walking or running. That too without causing excessive pressure to your joints. Thereby, decreasing the risk of injuries.
So, if you need to recover from injuries, then an elliptical cross trainer is worth purchasing. Moreover, an elliptical cross trainer can replace the exercise bike in your home. This is because elliptical cross trainers offer both upper as well as lower body workout whereas exercise bikes offer only a lower body workout. Keep in mind that you need to distribute the resistance for a full-body workout while using the elliptical cross-trainer.
Next, let’s talk about the resistance or tension settings in an elliptical cross trainer. Firstly, resistance can be generated in several ways. One of the easiest ways to generate resistance is through the belt resistance or a manually adjusted brake. Note that a form of resistance like this is mainly found on elliptical cross trainers with lower specifications. Hence, requiring manual adjustments before you start your workout.
On the other hand, using the electromagnetic resistance makes the job easier. All you need to do is simply move the electromagnetic further or away from the flywheel. As you train, the console can take care of this movement. Further, another big advantage is that this mechanism lasts longer as well. Since it doesn’t generate any friction due to the touch with the electromagnetic system.
Ensure you purchase an elliptical cross trainer with the functionality of adjustable resistance and a wider motion range. Especially if you’re planning to rely on it for prolonged periods and duration. These functionalities will help you intensify on your workout, thus offering you better-improved results.
Adjustable Stride Lengths
As a matter of fact, an appropriate stride length ensures an effective and comfortable session. For all those not very familiar with the term “stride length”, I shall brief you on the same. Stride length is none other than the length between the pedals when they are at a distance farthest from one another. When it comes to selecting the right elliptical cross trainer for you, the length of strides is a core factor to consider. Apart from this, the user’s stride length is measured as follows:
Stride Length of User = Maximum difference between the rear of the front foot and the front of the rear foot.
Note that the rotational motion you make with your feet is comfortable enough. Always opt for an elliptical cross trainer with a longer stride. This helps you to work out faster. However, by a longer stride, I didn’t mean an extremely long stride. Then you’re at a higher risk of straining your muscles. On the other hand, if it’s too short then it’s less effective and uncomfortable. You tend to feel cramped too.
Generally, a taller person should opt for an elliptical cross trainer with a longer stride length. While people who are short should go for one with a short stride length. Furthermore, if you’re not too short or too tall, in other words, about the medium height. Then opt for a cross trainer with a long stride length (remember not too long). Usually, longer strides help you have a more elliptical shape, in other words, an oval motion of the leg.
Another most important factor to consider is the incline of your elliptical cross trainer. In order to have a powerful and effective workout, you should use the incline functionality and adjust it. Moreover, being able to control the incline helps you emphasize on your glutes and hamstrings more. Just imagine this scenario. You’re walking uphill on a slope. Is it really easy to walk like you’re walking on a flat road? No right? That’s because you’re putting in more efforts and moving your body more while walking on a slope. Well, that’s the same concept with an adjustable incline.
When you adjust your elliptical to a higher incline, you’re putting in more efforts. Hence, your mission of losing weight, getting healthier and burning calories is accomplished. In other words it boosts the benefits or gives an added value to your workout. Ensure you don’t increase the incline way too much on your first workout on the elliptical. As you progress and your body gets used to this change, increase the incline with time.
With Adjustable Seat
An adjustable and comfortable seat will help you exercise at your best. You can’t afford to hunch or slouch if the seat is too high for you. On the other hand, if the seat is low it can cause you discomfort. You won’t feel like working out. Additionally, you may also end up with a body ache. Most of the elliptical cross trainers come with a 2-way adjustable seat. This indicates that you can adjust it only in terms of height.
On the other hand, some cross trainers feature a 4-way adjustable seat. This helps in changing the position not only in terms of height but also in direction. Now, it’s up to you whether to go in for a 2-way adjustable seat or 4-way adjustable seat.
Opt for an elliptical cross trainer that is convenient to store. Most of the cross trainers available today feature a space-saving design. This indicates that they are compact in size and nature. So, if you live in a small house or you need space in your home for furniture and other objects, then you need to keep a check as to how much space the cross trainer occupies. The best thing to do is buy a foldable one.
A foldable cross trainer is convenient since you can just fold it and store it in any corner of your home. Moreover, if you have small kids then it’s the best option as they tend to fidget with anything left open. Also, if you have senior citizens or old people who need to move freely in the house.
Lastly, the maximum weight capacity is a factor you need to keep in mind while purchasing the best elliptical cross trainer. Imagine you weigh between 70 to 80 Kgs and you’re purchasing a cross trainer with a max weight capacity of 60 Kgs. This won’t do you any good. Always opt for one with a higher weight capacity. For best results and to be on the safer side, purchase an elliptical cross trainer with max. weight capacity of at least 100 to 110 Kgs. This will not only help you but will also help your other family members weighing differently.
Note that you should opt for a cross trainer with a max. weight capacity of 20 Kgs more than your body weight. For example, if you weigh 100 Kgs, you need to purchase a cross trainer with a weight capacity of 120 Kgs. This will help the machine to hold you better without any hassle and to help you achieve an effective workout.
We all have doubts, it’s natural. Nobody wants to purchase an expensive product without finding out the details and necessary information properly. And also when it comes to the betterment of our health, diet and fitness. If you’re still confused, then here are some FAQs.
Elliptical Cross Trainer FAQs
Both, elliptical cross trainers as well as treadmills are effective for weight loss. But, they have their own pros and cons. For instance, a treadmill is capable of burning slightly more calories in comparison to an elliptical bike. But, it also puts stress on the joints. On the other hand, an elliptical cross trainer provides a low impact workout which also involves your arms. As a matter of fact, consistency is the key.
Note that the number of calories you burn depends upon the intensity and duration of your workout. That being said, if you do an HIIT interval training on an elliptical cross trainer then you will lose more calories compared to walking/running on your treadmill set at a medium speed. So, it also depends on the intensity, speed and duration that you select on the treadmill. If you plan to use the treadmill on low or medium speed most of the time then an elliptical cross trainer will give you better results.
To conclude I would say, an elliptical cross trainer is much flexible, easy to handle. As well as accessible compared to a treadmill. Moreover, it targets the thigh muscles, buttocks and arms. If you suffer from knee and joint pain and related issues, then an elliptical cross trainer would be a better choice.
Well, elliptical cross trainers and cycles or stationary bikes are an integral part of cardio workouts. However, the main difference lies in the fact that a cycle focusses more and makes an impact ONLY on your lower body. Whereas an elliptical cross trainer targets your whole body. It deals with your arms, back, chest and stomach.
The most important part about an elliptical cross trainer is that it helps you burn 15% more calories compared to cycling. Note that if you face knee, ankle or hip pain then cycling is better as it won’t put stress on the joints.
Both, elliptical as well as bike burns more fat and offer you the ability to burn more calories quickly. But, this depends on the efforts you put in, the intensity you opt for as well as the duration. However, you tend to lose or burn more fat while using an elliptical cross trainer as your arms are in action too. Since your arms are stationary while using an exercise bike.
Well, most of the people opt for elliptical bike models that are rear drive. Typically, rear drive ellipticals have a smoother feel. This is due to the fact that the drive axle is located at the back of the machine. Additionally, they also enable better inertia, thereby delivering a greater motion with a smoother feel on the pedals.
But, rear-drive elliptical models are more expensive in comparison to front-drive elliptical models. Although front drive models possess a little rougher feel, some people prefer opting for these due to their affordability. So, in the end, it totally depends on your preference and budget.
Running on an elliptical with an incline is much more beneficial. I shall tell you how it can boost the benefits of your workout. Firstly, the burning of calories and pumping of your heart rate increases when the elliptical is set to a higher incline. This is due to the fact that you need to put in more efforts due to the higher incline.
To better understand this is an example of walking uphill. You need to exert your body more while walking uphill compared to flat land. Additionally, using your elliptical with incline works out your gluteal muscles as well as hamstrings, as compared to lower inclines.
Firstly, stride length is important because it determines your feeling while you workout. For instance, strides that are longer will make you feel as though you’re leaping. Moreover, it’s a preferred setting for taller people. It feels more like a glide, thus being more comfortable for people with longer legs. On the other hand, shorter strides will make you feel as though your climbing stairs. In other words, it will feel choppy like a stair climber.
Note that the stride length on an elliptical can be fixed or variable. Selecting the setting that best fits your needs is of utmost importance. This is due to the fact that stride length determines how your workout will feel. Generally, it’s recommended to opt for an elliptical that offers a minimum stride length of 18 inches.
Also, if you’re planning to purchase a front-drive machine, then you need to select one with a 20″ stride length. This is because it will be comparable to an 18″ stride length on a rear-drive elliptical.
Get Fit and Healthy
Wow! You’ve made it to the end of this article. MUCH APPRECIATED! Well, now that you’ve read through this in-depth guide containing valuable information, the best elliptical cross trainer is just a click away. I hope I have made things clear to you. If not, take a deep breath and carefully read through this guide once more. Check out all the features and functionalities of each product here. Your decision is based upon your requirements, the space in your home and your budget.
If you need a high impact machine and want to focus on your legs and lower body muscles, then consider investing in the best treadmill UAE. This also applies if you don’t have any injuries and desire an extensive workout. Another piece of fitness equipment to bring home is the best exercise bike UAE.