Is an electric pressure cooker in the UAE worth the investment? Absolutely YES! With the increasing awareness of sustainable energy, electric household commodities are becoming increasingly popular. Looking out for an easy and fast way to make delicious meals? Consider buying the best electric pressure cooker in UAE to add to your kitchen. With so many brands available today, you are confused as to which is the best for you. It is evident that electric pressure cookers in UAE do in fact cost more but offer uniform distribution of heat than conventional cookers do not.
Best Electric Pressure Cooker UAE – Quick List
|Electric Pressure Cooker||Power||Capacity||Weight||Check Price|
|Instant Pot||1000W||6L||6.32 Kgs||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Geepas||1190W||6L||181 Grams||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Dessini||1000W||6L||1.8 Kgs||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Starfrit||1200W||8L||4.86 Kgs||Price on Amazon.ae|
Electric Pressure Cooker Vs Stove Top Pressure Cooker
Let’s begin with some benefits of using an electric pressure cooker in UAE. Your meal cooking time reduced by half. You can enjoy eating your dishes sooner- a boon in today’s fast-paced environment. Spend less time cooking and cleaning, more with family. Plus a pressure cooker preserves more nutrients and vitamins in your food that are typically lost in alternative cooking methods. Now let’s read about the 2 categories of Pressure Cookers.
It is important to note, different types of Stovetop Pressure Cookers plague the market depending on the material used in its making. Commonly electric pressure cookers sport aluminium or stainless steel bodies and frames. They only release the steam when opened, but the dial functions as a mechanism to release steam beforehand. They are cheaper and replace as a pot when convenient or needed.
Next, note that all Electric Pressure Cookers are made of stainless steel. They are convenient and frequently used by people who rely on canned or processed foods. It has a spring-loaded valve for releasing steam and insulated exterior to reduce the chance of burn accidents.
Better Temperature and Pressure Controls
Next, electric pressure cookers in UAE can control both the temperature and pressure. It saves you from the hassle of trying to manually control the flame. It also gives wide pressure control capabilities than manual pressure cookers.
Preset settings for Meat, Veggies, and More
Many models of electric pressure cookers have numerous pressure settings. Equipped with preset labels to further simplify cooking. Some such examples of these labels are “meat”, “vegetables”, and even “rice”.
Automated Heat Regulation Function
Simply select the pressure and cooking time, and voila! you’re ready to start cooking. Not surprisingly, it has its own heat source so there’s no need for a stove. Additionally, the electric heat source is responsible for regulating the operating pressure.
Larger Than Stove Top
What’s more, it features its own integrated electric coil as a heat source. The digitization of these units allows for more precise heat and pressure monitoring. Meaning, if pressure builds in excess it safely diffuses the pressure to eliminate risk.
Without further ado, here are the rankings for the best electric pressure cooker in UAE based on quality, specifications, budget and more. So now, take a look at all of them and find the right electric cooker in UAE that matches your needs.
This cooker hands-down stands as a candidate to be named the best electric pressure cooker in UAE. The reason behind this brand ranked number 1 is as follows:
- Hassle-Free: It does not rattle or hiss as did your grandmother’s contraption. No longer do you need to adjust the heat to regulate pressure. As the Instant Pot Duo does it for you with its smart features and functions.
- 6-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker: It works as a Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yoghurt Maker, Steamer and Warmer.
- Kitchen-friendly: Furthermore, the system is highly energy-efficient and hardly emits any noise, heat or steam. Great for smaller kitchens or if you have your dining table inside the kitchen.
- Easy to Use Control Panel: Finally, equipped with 14 built-in programs, dual pressure, automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for sauteing and slow cooking. The electric cooker offers you an increased amount of control over your preparation.
- Price: Available at an affordable price of around AED 970, a small price to pay for immense convenience.
Rank 2: Geepas Electric Pressure Cooker
- Energy Efficient: Firstly, and perhaps most importantly Geepas Stainless Steel Electric Pressure Cooker saves up to 60% energy when compared to an ordinary cooker. In the end, this means you unknowingly are doing your bit to protect the environment.
- Capacity at a Good Price: This electric pressure cooker has a capacity of 6 litres and is available at an economical price of around AED 230.
- Healthy Cooking: Furthermore, no formation of soot means your food is never polluted even in the slightest. It is non-radioactive and is also oil and fat-free, which puts to rest any scepticism about electric cooking methods.
- Long-Lasting: Crafted from good quality, stainless steel makes the appliance durable. Since it is long-lasting, the electric cooker justifies the money spent.
- Easy Operation: Not only does the appliance last long and protect the quality of your food but is also, simple to use. Just a soft press on the menu button and leave the rest to your cooker until it’s time to eat.
Rank 3: Dessini Electric Pressure Cooker
- Flavour Infusion Technology: A special feature found in this pressure cooker designed to maintain all the aroma, taste, and flavours of your dishes.
- In fact, the taste of food cooked in this pressure cooker leaves you smacking your lips together.
- While the aroma fills your house, this is sure to keep your neighbours drooling.
- Automatic Keep Warm Mode: In addition, the automatic keep-warm mode preserves your food for a long time. It keeps the dish that you have cooked warm at 140 to 175 degrees Fahrenheit (60 to 80 degrees Celcius) for up to 8 hours. Moreover, its stainless steel coating ensures that the heat escapes from the food at a slow pace.
- 70% Faster Cooking: In lieu of the traditional cooker, this electric pressure cooker has a 70% faster cooking mechanism. This pressure cooker allows you to cook delicious and healthy meals daily without sacrificing your precious time.
- Power and Capacity: With a power of 1000W and 6 Litres capacity, this electric pressure cooker is perfect to serve your whole family. Prepare your meals without any hassle as it yields up to 14 cups of cooked rice. Ensure you put in at least 2 cups of water to create sufficient steam.
- Non-Stick Ceramic Coating: With minimum or absolutely no use of oil, you can cook your food in this electric pressure cooker, all thanks to the non-stick ceramic coating.
- Seal Pressure Cooking: The seal pressure cooking preserves the aroma and the natural food flavours and retains the essential vitamins of all the ingredients.
- Price: Dessini Electric Pressure Cooker is available for an estimated cost of AED 220.
- Capacity and Price: The large cooking capacity of 8 Litre makes it the perfect appliance to cook homemade meals for the entire family. Made possible at a price around AED 690.
- Built-in Safety Mechanisms: Further, a unique cooking progress tracker to monitor and display each cooking stage. And, it ensures that your food doesn’t get overcooked or simply because you forgot to switch it off.
- Convenient Cooking: Another cooker with a fully automated, self-regulating, temperature and pressure control system. As a result, you acquire assistance for convenient cooking.
- 16 Convenient & Easy Preset Cooking Functions: Equally important are the functions fitted into the handy cooker. They allow you to cook a variety of foods including Rice, Whole wheat, Pasta, Oatmeal, Fish, Poultry, Meat, Beans, Cake, Soup, Potatoes and so on.
Electric Pressure Cooker FAQs
Frequently asked questions! Yes, we have penned down the common ones so as to leave you without any doubt while purchasing the best electric pressure cooker UAE. Surely, every beginner has a set of questions in his/her mind. Before using any appliance for the first time, it is always crucial to obtain maximum information about it. Don’t fret as we have made your work easier by providing you with the answers to some of the frequently asked questions. This will save you valuable time by clearing your doubts.
Yes. As a matter of fact, science and research have shown that pressure cooking food is healthier than other methods of cooking. This is because it is able to preserve more heat-sensitive nutrients due to its shorter cook times. For example, in the case of vegetables, the pressure cooker retains the nutrients they contain, while other methods of cooking destroy these nutrients due to exposure to excess heat. It preserves all your essential nutrients because of its rapid cooking process. Even rice cooked at a higher temperature in a pressure cooker is healthy as there is no loss of nutrients.
Yes, it is a fact that pressure cookers consume more time to cook as compared to a stovetop. This is because the temperature is limited here. A dish that gets cooked in 10 minutes in a stovetop will take 15 to 20 minutes to get cooked in an electric pressure cooker. That being said, it will also depend upon the amount of liquid, the quantity of the food, size of the content and the temperature of the cooking elements.
No. Electric pressure cookers are not dangerous. In fact, they are extremely safe to use. And all thanks to the modern safety features, electric pressure cookers are made safer than ever. However, keep in mind that you need to refer and follow the user manual in order to use the appliance safely. One such instance is that you should never touch the hot cooker surface. Also, note that you should keep your hands and face away from the valve while releasing pressure. The user manual will guide you on how to use the electric pressure cooker the right way.
An electric pressure cooker is great for cooking rice, meat and vegetables as well as food like stews, beans, tough cuts of meat, artichokes, lentils, soups, mashed potatoes, squash, whole chicken, and homemade stocks. In short, an electric pressure cooker is great for cooking moist and humid food types. Since these foods take a long time to get cooked through conventional methods, most people prefer an electric pressure cooker as it gets the job done faster.
Moreover, you can make use of a pressure cooker to boil, steam roast, braise, stew, steam, brown, poach, and roast food.
Yes, of course, an electric pressure cooker is easy to maintain. All you need to do is follow a few easy steps to maintain it the right way. Firstly, ensure you clean the lid of the pressure cooker after every use. Secondly, clean the valves and the rims carefully since if you don’t do so then it accumulates gunk that stops the lid from getting sealed properly. Additionally, you should clean all the residual food particles if any from the valves with the help of a toothbrush.
Further, take out the rubber gasket and wash it with warm water. This is because it gives out a bad odour after a while of use. Lastly, the gasket will wear off after a certain period of use. This is pretty normal so ensure you replace it with a new one.
Cooking Programs Available
An electric pressure cooker saves time and efforts as it cooks rapidly, but what all can it cook? Well, for this reason, let’s discuss all the cooking programs that are available in the best electric pressure cooker in UAE. We are sure that you will need most or all of these cooking programs. And for sure at least two to three of these programs in your day to day cooking. Reading through these cooking programs will help you know what an electric pressure cooker is capable of doing.
When it comes to cooking vegetables, you need to know which cooking program you should use. Similarly, for cooking meat, rice and other delicacies. There’s so much you can cook with the best electric pressure cooker in UAE and this section will help you figure out the same.
Firstly, let’s begin with the slow cooking program. Slow cooking is similar to the process of cooking on a stovetop set to low flame. If slow cooking is something that you are looking out for then purchase the best electric pressure cooker with the slow cooking function for your kitchen in UAE. Note that each electric pressure cooker brand differs in terms of the temperature settings that are required for slow cooking. Hence, you need to check for the temperature settings before making your purchase. Note that certain dishes can only be prepared in a slow cooker. Poaching and braising can be done on an electric pressure cooker by using the slow cooking program.
All the latest electric pressure cookers are equipped with the rice cooking program. The best part about this program is that you will never have to worry about overcooking or undercooking the rice. Yes, with the help of the pre-set option, it will totally take the guesswork out of cooking rice. However, note that certain electric pressure cooker models are not equipped with a rice cooking option. So, if you are opting for such a model then don’t worry. You can still cook rice by selecting adequate water and rice options as well as cooking time in any electric pressure cooker without the rice cooking program.
The latest electric pressure cookers feature a pre-set baking program. This program is of immense importance and of great help to bakers. Professional bakers as well as beginners and amateurs. Or, just someone passionate about baking. The pre-set baking program can bake delicacies such as cakes, muffins, pastries and more. To get started, all you need to do is adjust the temperature and the time accordingly. Although the pre-set baking program enables you to bake at a quicker pace, it bakes the items evenly. It is as good as baking in a microwave or an oven, toaster, grill (OTG). So, if you own an electric pressure cooker that’s equipped with the pre-set baking program then you don’t need a microwave or OTG to do it.
Sauteing is a wonderful cooking program available in an electric pressure cooker. It is mainly used for vegetables and meat. The biggest advantage of the sauteing program is that it will retain all the moisture, texture and flavour of the food with only half the effort and half the time in an electric pressure cooker. If you do the same thing unlike in a pan using a stove it will take more time and efforts almost double. With the help of the Adjust button, you can select from 3 levels of temperature settings for best results to suit your requirements. The “Normal” option is for regular browning of the food. “More” option is for darker browning and “Less” is for a lighter browning of the food.
After pressure cooking, the Saute program can also thicken the sauce. You can do this by simply adding starch or simply evaporating the liquid. Additionally, you can even reheat porridge and warm canned soup. Using the Saute program is not at all complicated. All you need to do is press the Saute button/key. Then you need to select the temperature you require (Normal/More/Less). After this, your electric pressure cooker will reach the given working temperature where in it displays “Hot” and you can start sauteing or browning the meat.
Well, steaming is a cooking program that is meant for cooking fragile fish, certain meats and even vegetables. However, another benefit of this cooking program is that you can also use it to prepare daal and rice. Again, the steaming cooking program is not difficult to operate or use. To get started you need to fill the pressure cooker with two to three cups of water. Next, put the trivet in the pot and the steaming basket on top. After you do this, add the meat, vegetables or fragile fish that you want to steam. Then cover it and cook under pressure for the recommended cooking time.
For Specialities – Khichdi, Biryani, Pulao, Egg and more
In addition to all the above cooking programs, there are some other pre-set cooking programs available too. You will find these programs in the latest electric pressure cookers. A special program for preparing khichdi, another one for preparing biryani, and the others for preparing any egg dish, pulao and more. Making use of these programs is simpler than you think. All you need to do is add the ingredients, follow the instructions in the recipe and the pressure cooker will get the dish prepared for you. Impress your guests and family members with delicious biryani, pulao, egg dishes and much more.
Cook Well, Eat Well
You have no reason to not grab the best electric pressure cooker in UAE. Don’t forget that an electric pressure cooker is a long-term investment that can serve you for years to come. So choose wisely and do not base your decision solely on price. Finally, when considering the price, avoid lower quality cookers that may come at the sacrifice of safety or longevity of use. Without a doubt, the perfect electric pressure cooker is one that suits your requirements as a family. Take a look at the best and easiest electric pressure cooker recipes here.
While you are still here, you may want to take a look at the best induction cooker available in UAE. Check it out and see what is best for you and your family. Lastly, HAPPY COOKING! Eat well and make your tummy happy.