Bothering carpenter for simple errands at home every time is not convenient. Often we feel like doing it by ourselves. You can now have that opportunity to DIY with the drill machine exclusive for your home drilling needs. The best Drill Machines in Saudi Arabia are here in this article. Everything you need to know from specifications to prices to brands is here.
|Drill Machine||Type||Corded/ Cordless||Power||Check Price|
| Bosch Impact Drill Professional |
|Impact Drill||Corded||550 W||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Black & Decker Drill||Driver Drill||Cordless||12 V||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Bosch Cordless Combi Drill Professional||Combination Drill||Cordless||18 V||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Stanley SDH700 Hammer Drill||Hammer Drill||Corded||700 W||Price on Amazon.sa|
| Black and Decker Hammer Drill||Hammer Drill||Corded||480 W||Price on Amazon.sa|
Features to Look for in a Drill Machine
Your would-be drill machine has to satisfy all your requirements to ensure that it is the best drill machine in Saudi Arabia. For which your drill machine has to have features as per your needs. Hence, you have to think about what really would be your purpose of buying the best drill machine in Saudi Arabia. Subsequently, you will be able to select the best one for you.
Corded Vs Cordless
Both of them are equally good with their respective pros and cons. Cordless one is extremely mobile and light in weight, adding to your convenience. But you have to keep in mind the charging aspect and/ or the backup batteries which can have a recurring cost. On the other hand, the corded drill machine is much more powerful and does not have any battery power charging needs. Other than being cheaper as well the only downside is that they can be restrictive in terms of mobility.
Power factor varies depending on your needs and is an important one to consider while purchasing your best drill machine in Saudi Arabia. If you need a drill for professional use which can drill through almost anything including metal then consider a 600-700 watt power drill but if you want it for light usage and limited use get the lighter one which is 400 watts. If you do not come in either of those categories then think of getting the 500 watts drill as this is the most ideal one for personal use.
Chunk Size & Type
A chunk is a metal which connects the bits (metal drilling screw) to the drill machine. These chunks come in different types and sizes. The 3/8 sized one is commonly used and is ideal, you have others which are slightly bigger (1/2) and also smaller (1/4). As for the different types, there is the keyed and the un-keyed chuck. The keyed chuck you have a special key with which you can tighten the chuck whereas the un-keyed one you would have to hold it in your hand and it would get tighter while you power it on.
The best drill machine in Saudi Arabia will have all these features and you can have the best as per your needs. Thus, for you to start your productive construction work, here are a few of the best models of the best drill machine in Saudi Arabia.
Rank 1: Bosch Impact Drill Professional
Model No: GSB 1300
- Powerful Motor: The 550 W motor ensures the accurate and efficient drilling of the surface chosen without any errors. The drilling diameter in concrete is 13 mm, in wood 25 mm, in steel 10 mm and in masonry 13 mm . The no load speed ranges from 0 – 2700 rpm.
- Flexibility: This driller enables easy switching from impact drilling to normal drilling. It also lets you easily rotate forward and reverse to enable all screw driving applications.
- Long Life: It is made of ball bearing construction providing durability and long life for it.
- Design features: This corded electric impact drill has an auxiliary handle and comes with a depth stop and 13 mm keyed chuck. It weighs just 1.8 Kg without a cable.
- Price: This costs just SAR 230
Rank 2: Black & Decker Drill
- Slip Resistant: The Black and Decker drill has an ergonomic design featured with a slip resistant handle to prevent from any thrust/ force felt during drilling.
- Spin Speed: The highly powerful 12 V motor spins at a speed of 900 rpm with a constant and smooth drilling experience. The high precision drilling is suitable for any kind of works at home and could be done at ease. This isn’t a hammer drill so it isn’t suitable for such kind of activities.
- Cordless Design: The cordless design enables easy working even without power outlets. It has the lithium batteries for the purpose.
- Enhanced Security: The key-in chuck type allows you to secure the drill bit inside the chuck for enhanced safety and security. The chuck allows you to install 10 mm drill bits and allows for effortless removal for ease of use.
- Price: This costs SAR 229.
Rank 3: Bosch Combi Drill Professional
- Design: Bosch Combination drill is a cordless drill run on 18 V power with keyless chuck of size 13 mm. The drill speed is 1700 rpm which ensures smooth and efficient drilling to any surface.
- Long Run: The lithium ion battery is 100% compatible with the drill and is of XL size runs for quite long operations. Electronic Cell protection for the tool and battery is available.
- Speed Settings: The combi drill comes with 2 speed planetary box for the speed settings and has optimized torque for screw driving too. The variable speed control provides the required precision while drilling.
- LED Light: This LED light ensures you to work even on the dark spaces without an extra necessity for the torch. It provides feedback when ECP is triggered
- Combination Drilling: This combi driller enables a professional drilling experience. Be it impact drilling in masonry or casual drilling in metal, it lets you all.
- Price: This is pricey due to the combination drilling factor. It costs SAR 695.
Rank 4: Stanley SDH700 Hammer Drill
- Hammer Drill: Stanley driller is the hammer drill suitable for the drilling into brick and masonry .
- Variable Speed: The variable speed control is provided with reverse and forward modes to suit all kinds of situations. There is speed dial for constant torque and pre selection.
- Ergonomic Design: High quality hammer ratchet provides best in class longer durability and Rubber over mold and ergonomic hold curve for high user comfort
There is a Lock-on button for one hand control and user safety .
- Correct Measurement: The drill has the depth guide for accurate results.
- Design Features: With 700 W power it provides spin speed up to 2900 rpm sufficient to meet all your drilling requirements. The chuck capacity offering is 1.5 -13 mm.
- Price: This is priced at SAR 275
Rank 5: Black & Decker Hammer Drill
- Ideal Home Drilling: Black and Decker driller makes all the drilling tasks easy and quick, owing to the different types of attachments that come along. It is a perfect pick for drilling into masonry.
- Dual Functionality: The two modes it provides are Rotary Mode and Hammering Mode. Rotary Mode is for drilling to metal and wood and the Hammer Mode function enables fast and efficient drilling into Masonry .
- Cooling: There are specially designed air vents for efficient cooling of the product hence ensuring longer usage.
- Lock on Switch: The lock on switch is the circular switch present on the handle on the side which locks the speed you are working on to ensure a consistent drilling experience .
- 5 Accessories: This kit comes with 3 pieces of masonry drill bits of 5,6 & 8 mm and 2 pieces of wood drill bits of 6, 8 mm.
- Power: Its comparatively low powered device with 500 W power very comfortable for home drilling activities. Its lightweight to handle. It comes with a keyed chuck of 10 mm.
- Price: It costs less with a price of SAR 139
What are the Different Types of Drill Machines?
Now that you have looked at the best drill machines in Saudi Arabia, do not rush to make a decision before knowing the different types of drill machines available in the market.
This is the standard and most commonly used drill machine, with which you can have all your normal home projects done. This has dual functionality. How you ask? Well it can be used to drill holes as well as can be used as a screwdriver. With this, you can perform all sorts of DIY tasks as well as take up fixing some equipment at home.
This drill type is known as a combination drill for its performs triple functionality. It works as a drill driver, a screwdriver as well as a hammer drill. These are useful to perform various tasks. A hammer drill can be used for slightly tougher surfaces like that of concrete.
Rotary Hammer Drills / SDS Drills
SDS drills stand for Self Direct System used for performing heavy-duty drilling task, for example, in masonry, concrete and even for chiselling. You can find a lot of products in this range in various top brands including Bosch and others.
Hammer Drills / Percussion Drills
This drills would be the hard-core heavy-duty drills. As they aren’t only powerful but also advanced. These are the ones you can use for the hard rock and even masonry. In this drill, it uses the rotation function of the drill, as well as a hammer, work together to make it as powerful and impactful as it is.
Mini Drill Machines: Get one for your home
If you need a drill just for some home activities, then you can always opt for mini drill machines. Just because it is small in size, it doesn’t mean that it provides you with an altered output. It is as good a normal one for home use. Let’s see some of its features.
- Efficient: This mini drill is compact, lightweight and even comfortable to hold while using. Besides this, is the feature of it being versatile and easy to store.
- Usage: Get the best of this product as you can perform multiple tasks with it. Task such as cutting, engraving, milling, grinding, polishing, removing and drilling. Which means you can use it on almost any surface possible.
- Speed: Just like any normal drilling machine, this one too offers various speed limits. To be precise five. Which you can change as per your needs and the purpose of usage. Moreover, the power supply is around 180W and gives the output like any other drill machine.
- Accessories: With the vast number of accessories provided by them, it lets you perform any task with ease. And this does not hold firm for just the drilling work but also the other house mending work. Since they offer 10+ accessories for all sorts of task.
- Price: This tool along with all its accessories is available at a price of almost AED 120.
Meaning of Important Technical Features
When you are shopping for the best drill machine in Saudi Arabia, you may come across many terms which might slide over your head in the first go. This can trap you in a never-ending spiral of research of related technical jargons. Hence, to save you from this here are some common technical features.
This is a recent addition in most of the drills using which, it could reverse or change the rotation of the drill bit from forward to backwards and vice versa. Usually, this switch is located just near the speed switch so that you can access it easily. The reasons for having this switch would be to screw in or out a screw; once you drill into an object, the ‘to drill out’ the bit part of it.
RPM & Impact Rate
RPM stands for Revolutions Per Minute which is the unit of measurement used for speed in a hand drill machine that tells about how many and how efficiently can the drill bit spin creating holes in a surface. The faster the better. Now the impact rate is the rate or speed at which the impact is made to the surface which is measured as strokes per minute.
Torque is the force which can cause the object to rotate. It is the mechanism which causes the bit of the drill to move and the higher the speed the better the force. Consequently, this clutch controls the speed of torque. If you release it, the moving force will be released but when you hold it down the force is limited and if you have the torque clutch then this makes your hand drill much more versatile, which is needed.
Just like a vehicle, if a drill has more then one gear then it’s better as you can use the first gear for driving the screws and the second gear for drilling at various speeds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it Dangerous to Use a Drill Machine?
If you are well versed with the machine then it isn’t dangerous. So before using it, be aware of the dos and don’ts. For instance, ensure that you are wearing protective gear while using it. Besides, never try to make any adjustment while operating the machine, keep track that you have no tools laying around on the table you are drilling on and don’t dust away any shards with your bare hands. And before using a drill machine make sure to read the instructions and you are good to go.
Can the Drill Machine Noise be Reduced?
Drill machines are known for their loud sound which will vary with the quality and type of the drill machine. The places or surfaces you are going to use the drill machine on also effects it. There is no way of curbing this completely. Still, you can lessen the sound while using by ensuring you are using the right setting at the right place.
How should One maintain it’s drill machine?
Maintaining a power tool might be difficult especially if it is in constant use. Though there are a few things that can be kept in mind while using this machine, like, to maintain the drill machine you have to keep it clean after every use, you can use a blowgun to clean it up. Other than this, you have to make sure to check the carbon brushes inside the tool as with time these brushes deplete off so it advised to check and change them when needed.
Get Set and Drill
After completing this article on drill machine you can now make a good choice for the same. By purchasing the best drill machine in Saudi Arabia you can complete all those pending and new DIY task projects to get your creative and constructive side out. Start renovating your house with no worries!