Doing dishes can be a boring and tiresome job. Often we take turns to do dishes at home and rant for getting the turn so quickly. Then, why not get a dishwasher? It will make your life so easy. Yes, We heard you. Get to know all about dishwashers here. You can get what specifications to look while buying a dishwasher, which brands to pick from and the prices and features and a lot more here.
Features to Look for in a Dishwasher
Must-have Features of a Dishwasher
- Racks coated with Nylon: Nylon is less likely to crack over time and expose the wireframe underneath than vinyl or PVC, increasing the lifespan of your dishwasher.
- A Soil Sensor: A soil sensor or a turbidity sensor, tells your dishwasher to extend or end the cycle depending on how much gunk is floating in the wash water.
- The Stainless Steel Tub: It is a very important feature as stainless steel tubs are more durable than plastic tubs. These also dampen the noise and speed up the drying process.
Important Features of a Dishwasher
- Proper Racking: Height-adjustable racks and a couple of sets of folding tines can make space for big and tall items like pots, trays and large bowls. Also, some racks have zones, i.e a row of tines for bowls to maximise the capacity while some are free form.
- Low Noise Running: You most certainly won’t be able to hear anything less than 45 decibels if you are in the next room. But if you are standing right next to the machine, you need this feature. The good thing is most dishwashers have a low noise operation these days, making it a great feature.
- Capacity: A family of two or three people that requires a dishwasher for occasional use can hold up to an 8-inch dishwasher with 6 to 8 standard place settings and a regular 24-inch dishwasher has a capacity for 12 to 14 standard place settings and is sufficient for a family.
Handy Features of a Dishwasher
- Ease of Cleaning: Most dishwashers in the market come with self-cleaning features. But if food particles may clog the filter and require manual intervening. Also, it is important to check and use compatible soap.
- Drying Style: About half of the modern dishwashers have the heat-dry option while the other half comes with designs to optimise condensation, without adding extra heat after the final rinse. Heat drying works better on plastic though uses more energy. Condensation drying works better for metal and ceramic surfaces and uses very little energy.
- Cycles and Options: Normal wash cycles are around 2 to 2 and a half hours long, though most people use normal/auto or heavy rinse cycles. Besides, most dishwashers offer settings with an option to run a faster, conserving energy and water.
- Energy Efficiency: Almost all the latest models of dishwashers are energy-efficient. It still costs nothing to pay attention to the Energy Star Badge which most dishwashers have.
Additional Handy Features of a Dishwasher
- Waste Disposal: Generally dishwashers use a filter to catch food particles which mostly never break and need to be cleaned only a couple of times per year. They prevent food particles from redepositing onto dishes mid-cycle.
- Warranty: Usually dishwashers come with a 1-year warranty. Some companies offer longer warranties on certain parts—however, they’re not the parts that tend to break often. Hence, consider paying for an extend in your protection plan and cover your appliance for a longer period.
After thorough research on the basis of quality, specifications, budget & more here are the rankings for the best dishwasher in Saudi Arabia. Take a look at all of them and find the one most suitable for your needs.
|Dishwasher||Place Setting Capacity||Wash Programs||Check Price|
|LG Freestanding Dishwasher|
|14||5||Price on Amazon.sa|
| Ariston Freestanding Dishwasher |
LFO 3P23 WL 60HZ
|15||9||Price on Amazon.sa|
|15||8||Price on Amazon.sa|
| Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher |
|12||5||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Whirlpool Freestanding Dishwasher|
|10||10||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Nikai Freestanding Dishwasher|
|12||6||Price on Amazon.sa|
Rank 1: LG Freestanding Dishwasher
Model No: DFB425FW
- Wash Programs: 5 Wash Programs and 14 Place settings
- Steam Cleaning: It uses steam to give a perfect cleaning once the dishes are cleaning with water and soap to ensure no water stains are left on the utensil.
- Flexibility: With multiple adjustable rack system it allows the flexibility required to put maximum number of utensils without hindering the efficiency of the machine.
- WiFi Connectivity: It is enabled with Smart ThinQ where you can have a smart home system with WiFi enabled dishwasher to connect to your phone for controlling options.
- Multi Directional Rotation: The Quad Wash technology enables cleaning in multiple directions through rotation mechanism and four washing arms ensure water reaches every inch of the dish.
- Warranty: It has the 10 yr warranty which is the longest among the options available which proves it supremacy in functionality.
- Price: It is priced slightly higher at SAR 3999 but is justified considering the longest warranty it provides. So worth all your money.
Rank 2: Ariston Freestanding Dishwasher
Model No: LFO 3P23 WL 60HZ
- Structural Features: It is equipped with rinse aid and salt light indicators and has adjustable basket arrangement where the height could be adjusted.
- 3D Zone Wash: This enables to select basket and cycle depending on the dirt and quantity of dishes. It sends water in a 3-dimensional direction covers every nuke an corner of the dish ensuring every dish is spic and clean.
- Digital Functionality: The digital countdown indicator enables knowing the time left for cleaning. The device also enables delaying the washing for upto 24 hours.
- Wash Programs: 9 Wash Programs and 15 Place Settings enables multi functionality and flexibility for the usage.
- Price: It falls under the high end pricing with SAR 4035.
Rank 3: Beko Dishwasher
Model No: DFN28424W
- AquaIntense Technology: You can now clean your tough stain dishes without any extra effort through the AquaIntense technology of Beko which uses intense water pressure to remove stains and giving a 5 times better cleaning.
- ProSmart Inverter Motor: The highly efficient and low noise motor is not only great working but also energy efficient. It reduces friction and makes no noise at all.
- Quick Response: The Auto Tablet Sensor senses the amount of rinse aid and sets the duration of drying accordingly ensures you precious time isn’t wasted for extra work.
- Programs & Settings: It offers 8 wash programs and 15 place settings which is huge.
- Warranty: It provides a 2 year warranty for the parts and product from any functional damage.
- Price: Its value for money with price of SAR 2199.
Rank 4: Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher
Model No: SMI53D05GC
- Energy Efficient: It belongs to A+ class of Energy Efficiency with features like power consumption off mode and Eco modes. In Eco 50 degree mode it uses cold water and low power modes to run with minimum consumption of electricity. The appliance overall runs based on how you let it run.
- Technical Features: It has 5 wash programs which is basic industry standard and 4 cleaning temperatures. Also it has the 2 Vario speeds for the convenience.
- Automatic Sensing: Highly advanced mechanism with detergent sensing, load sensing and water level sensing enabled by multiple sensors making your life easier without having to take care of minute checks.
- Safety : It has the child-lock protection and the triple water protection to ensure water doesn’t get wasted or overflows inside the house. Safety enables door latches and Vapour barrier plates to avoid burns or heating up of room because of the operation.
- Price: SAR 3219
Model No: WFO3T123PLX
- Sixth Sense Technology: This technology enables it to consume water efficiently without wasting anything. It consumes upto 9.5 litres for one time operation. It smartly senses the amount of dishes placed to use optimal amount of water required for washing.
- Compact Design: It comes with a very compact design weighing bout 35 kgs which is easy to carry and place anywhere we want to place in our home according to will.
- Digital Timer: You have a digital index for countdown timer where you can get the time remaining for operation and also supports a feature of delaying the washing operation.
- A+++ Energy Efficient: Consumes less energy and has a A+++ industry rating in energy consumption
- Wash programs: It has 10 wash programs and 10 place settings which is a very good number meeting a standard family requirement.
- Price: Comes at a price of SAR 3450 which is a decent price.
Rank 6: Nikai Freestanding Dishwasher
Model No: NDW3112N1S
- 6 Wash Programs: Eco, Intensive, Normal,Glass, 90min and Rapid . It suits all your requirements. But it doesn’t have a sanitization option to clean the dishwasher which you would require to do it manually which is lagging point.
- Convenience: It has the safety interlocking system to ensure it doesn’t open during the operation especially with kids at home. Water overflow protection and adjustable automatic rinse agent dispenser and also has silent operation making it convenient to keep it even while sleeping.
- Design features: LED Control, 220V , 60Hz operation and at dimensions of 598 x 610 x 845. It has 2 layer baskets with 2 spray arms and a height adjustable upper basket making it more user-friendly and supporting all types of dishes. It has 12 place settings which is a decent number as per industry standards.
- Water Consumption: It consumes 10L of water in a single go.
- Price: Its a budget option priced at SAR 1115
FAQs About dishwasher
What type of Utensils can be washed using a Dishwasher?
A dishwasher can hold a variety of utensils. Though there are some you should avoid like it is safe for stainless steel and aluminium in the appliance but you should not mix it with articles of silver. Besides detergent also plays a role in washing, which can cause darkening in aluminium due to the mineral content. Additionally, you should not wash iron skillets and pewter in a dishwasher.
Do I have to rinse dishes before cleaning them in the dishwasher?
Contrary to popular belief, it is better if your dishes AREN’T rinsed prior to placing them inside the dishwasher. It is, however, better to remove large particles of food that are stuck on your plate. This ensures they do not get blown off one plate and stuck on the next.
What type of detergents does a dishwasher use?
Depending on the dishwasher you purchase it may use powder, liquid, tablet, pod, or a combination of two depending on which one is compatible. Other types of soap may result in damaging your machine, substandard washes, and water on the kitchen floor.
Does ceramics and glasses break in a dishwasher?
Occasionally, glass and dinnerware may break while washing. These broken pieces wind up in the drain, it is important to clear it out before the next washing cycle to avoid basket blockage.
How to remove cockroaches from the dishwasher?
Food particles attract cockroaches and hence even after washing you may find them swarming your dishwasher. Line your dishwasher with a base of boric acid as it is one of the most effective cockroach killers but ensure the powdered line isn’t too thick or the cockroaches will simply avoid it.
Can one use citric acid in dishwasher?
You can use citric acid in plastic and stainless steel interior dishwashers, it helps in cleaning the insides. You need three to four ounces of citric acid crystals filled in the detergent cup before starting a cycle.
Different Dishwasher Wash Cycles
Clearly a dishwasher is a once in a time in your home. Now for long-lasting of this device, you need to know the proper cleaning and maintenance requirements of it. Especially if you have never used one before. So here are some useful guidelines for you.
A delayed wash cycle comes with nearly every dishwasher that makes its claim to be among the best dishwashers in UAE. The cycle enables you to choose after how many hours you wish the appliance to begin the wash. It usually comes with a setting from 1 to 6 hours but in some models extends to 14. This can help you avoid running the appliance while everyone is sleeping or allow you to run to work while your kids are still having breakfast. Minus coming home to do the dishes as long as they load it up!
Rinse and Hold
Rinse and hold is a great feature that allows you to start washing only once the appliance is full. Pressing it makes the machine throw out jets of water ensuring bits of food do not dry up. Furthermore, this gives you time to fill it up and start the wash cycle. Since this is a great way to avoid running the machine multiple times that waste a lot of water. It also means your plates come out clean as there are no dry food particles that refuse to part with your dishes. The rinse and hold washing cycle fills water, rinses dishes, drains it; fills, rinses and drains again.
Only rinse is a similar feature to rinse and hold and they are used interchangeably. What is important to remember in the two is that only water is used to wash the dishes. No detergent is applied during the rinse/ rinse and hold process.
The quick wash feature differs on each brand. Some are capable of pulling through within 20 short minutes yet others can take over an hour. A handy feature when faced with a time crunch the quick wash feature is a boon when washing ‘lightly-soiled’ dishes. When using this setting it may be beneficial to pre-wash your dishes. It is important to note however that the feature utilizes a considerably larger amount of water and energy.
Dishwashers with this feature have a certification called NSF/ANSI standard 184 from The National Sanitation Foundation. In short, the sanitizing feature uses an extended hot-water rinse to kill germs and bacteria that linger about your dishes and utensils. When you run the sanitize setting you can expect bacteria-free dishes up to 99.99%
Well, no doubt a dishwasher makes cleaning and daily chores simple but caring for your appliance ensures you do not shell out lump-sum amounts for maintenance. Do you know these maintenance tips?
How to Clean and Maintain your Dishwasher
The most important factor that ensures long lasting of a device is its maintenance. Clearly Dishwasher is a once in time investment in your home. Hence, for you to understand your dishwasher’s maintenance requirement, here are some advices that might help you.
Okay, I’ll admit, this is a no-brainer. Obviously, using your dishwasher regularly ensures debris and excess buildup doesn’t accumulate. With fewer particles that settle at the bottom, the number of times you need to exhaust yourself with a thorough cleaning reduces.
Monitor and Clean the Arms
The way a dishwasher works isn’t complicated. It sprays water on to dishes inside with its spinning arms. Naturally, keeping the arms clean contributes to more effective washes. When arms aren’t spinning properly or if the holes contain buildup, washes are sub-optimal. You can clean out the debris from the holes with a fine brush, wire, toothpick, or other small objects.
Keeping the exterior clean
If you’re experiencing pungent odours then you may want to look out of the box, literally. The unpleasant smells may be coming from outside areas surrounding your appliance. The edges and door don’t get washed during a regular wash cycle and host debris and food particles. A house cloth with cleaner should suffice for cleaning these parts. Other areas you want to pay attention to include under the door (inside the machine), the flatware basket, gasket, and detergent holder/dispenser.
Avoid Clogging of the Drain
Located at the bottom of the dishwasher is the drain. This is the most common place to find food debris and large particles lodged. If left uncleaned it results in a clog which can damage the appliance in addition to giving you substandard cleaning. Besides, in extreme cases, it can lead to overflowing of water and flooding in your kitchen. Here’s how you can clean the dishwasher drain in a few simple steps. First Unplug the dishwasher, take out the screws and remove the cover. Keep the opening sheathed to protect it from debris. Then clean large particles by using your hand and smaller ones with a brush or cloth. And lastly, reorder the appliance and you’re good to go.
Advantage of using Acids
Acid can help remove water deposits and buildup in your appliance. This gives your dishes a sparkly-fresh finish. Therefore, you can use acidic substances like white vinegar, tang, lemon juice, or powdered substances. Keep in mind though, powdered substances need to be placed into the detergent dispenser.
Clean Utensils & Crockery!
Save time, money, and energy by choosing the perfect dishwasher wisely and forget about ever washing them by hands again. The best dishwasher in Saudi Arabia is one that suits your requirements and fits within your budget. You can also consider purchasing the best food processor in Saudi Arabia to make your life easier in terms of cooking.