A good cooking range is an essential in every UAE home. We’ve researched for almost 60+ ranges in the market and found that top brands like Midea, Whirlpool, Super General, Nikai and chosen the bext for your. Gas cooking range or electric, we have you covered.
Midea Gas Cooker
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
Super General Gas Cooker
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
Whirlpool Electric Cooker
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.5 out of 5.0 stars
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
Cooking ranges are a boon to combat the early morning rush. This is especially true for working women who are in a race against time. With the right range, one can bake a cake and prepare breakfast at the same time without any hassle. Read below to know which size, the number of burners and the type of cooking range to opt for as per your requirements and budget.
Choosing the Best Cooking Range Available
Gas or Electric
The choice between gas and electric cooking ranges depends on what you possess. You require to have either natural gas or propane service at your home, for gas ranges. An electric range will work in any house, provided you have a 220-volt electric line in your kitchen. You can always call the electrician to install one if u don’t. An electric cooking range is always expensive compared to a gas cooking range.
This refers to the size of the oven cavity where you place the container to cook, bake, or heat. A larger capacity oven is essential if you have a large family and often need to bake or cook large quantities of food. Else you can get one that has a smaller size.
Number of Burners
This feature depends upon the number of members in your family and the quantity of food that you prepare. If u cook more than 4 to 5 items each day, then go for a range having at least 4 burners. A cooking range can have all burners or a combination of burners and a hot plate. Hot plates are used for heating food and they work on electricity. Having a hot plate can be very useful, especially if you run out of gas.
This is an important feature for roasting meat, baking, and preparing other food items like kebabs, paneer tikkas, etc. They ensure a uniform grilling effect of the food.
Without further ado, here are the rankings for the best cooking range in UAE based on quality, specifications, and budget. Take a look at all of them and find the most suitable one as per your requirements and budget.
Rank 1: Midea Gas Cooker – 4 Gas Burners
- Cast Iron Pan Support: The cast iron pan support provides maximum stability. Additionally, it enhances the safety of this Midea cooking range. Moreover, it is stylishly designed and the cooktops can heat pans and pots of various sizes without sliding, tilting, or moving.
- Flame Failure Device: Featuring a special flame failure device. Each individual burner of this cooking range is fitted with this flame failure device. Accidentally, if the flame extinguishes, then the flame failure device will block the flow of gas to the individual burner. Thereby preventing the risk of gas leakage, accidents, and injuries.
- Sure shot Compliments from Guests and Family Members: You will definitely experience pleasure and joy while using this Midea cooking range for your cooking tasks. It helps you cook like a master chef comfortably and conveniently in no time.
- 4 Gas Burners Including High-Performance Gas Oven: This cooking range possesses 4 gas burners of different sizes and heat intensities. These come to your rescue to help you prepare several dishes simultaneously without compromising on the optimal cooking requirements. Plus, the high-performance gas oven helps you cook various meals with ease, in one particular place.
- 40L Massive Capacity: You can prepare a large quantity due to a massive capacity of 40L.
- Mechanical Timer: A big thanks to the mechanical timer that is equipped in this cooking range. It helps the user to prepare their meals or a particular dish in time.
- Auto-ignition Technology: Turning on this gas cooker is quick and hassle-free due to the auto-ignition technology.
- Price: Bring home the Midea Gas Cooker with 4 gas burners for a price of around AED 700.
- Thermostat: A thermostat is a switch that opens and closes depending on the temperature it senses. In other words, by opening and closing, it responds to the temperature that it senses. The oven of this Super General cooking range is equipped with this thermostat which makes it a plus point. It ensures the maintenance of the internal temperature of the oven by circulating the heat to one and off.
- Rotisserie: A rotisserie is best used for poultry and cuts of beef. It is also called spit-roasting. And as you know, this roasting style involves skewing meat on a spit. The Super General gas cooker is equipped with an oven tray and a rotisserie.
- Large Oven Cavities: You can prepare bread, casseroles, and cakes quickly due to the practical oven tray and the large oven cavities of this cooking range. These gas ovens are extremely efficient and also heat rapidly.
- Glass Top-Lid: When the oven is not in use, the glass top-lid serves as a cover for all the burners. And when the oven is in use, it serves as a practical splash shield which is extremely handy while making sauces or cooking any dish with oil.
- Euro-Pool Burner: This gas cooker features a total of 5 high-quality Euro-Pool burners which helps you prepare meals in no time.
- Cast-Iron Grid: The Super General cooking range is equipped with cast-iron grids. These retain more heat, last longer, and also provide you with better non-stick properties.
- Easy to Clean: The cast-iron grids are also easy to clean. All you need to do is soak them in water for a couple of minutes. Then, make use of some olive oil as well as a paper towel.
- Push Button Knobs: The freestanding gas ovens are equipped with push-button knobs. These add to the design and aesthetics of this cooking range and are also easy to use.
- Auto-Ignition: Auto-ignition is a safer alternative since you need to turn the knob to ignite the gas burner. So, a lot easier and safer than you think.
- Price: Purchase the Super General Gas Cooker with 5 Burners for an estimated cost of AED 1,420.
Rank 3: Whirlpool Electric Cooker
Type: Electric Cooking Range
- Convenient to Use: Cook for your family in a flash even on a busy day with the help of this Whirlpool Electric Cooking range. It has 4 radiant cooking zones that allow you to multitask with great ease. In addition, is an oven space that you need not monitor, but simply set the timer for.
- Frozen Bake Technology: Skip preheating and cook frozen foods like pizza and lasagna with preprogrammed settings that automatically adjust cooking times for you.
- Flex Heat Dual Radiant: Get two elements in one with this handy range. A 6-inch inner ring that’s great for smaller pots and pans and a 9-inch expandable outer ring that makes room for larger cookware. So whether you are cooking for 2 or 20 your dishes come out spectacularly with even heat dispersion.
- Price: Bring home the Whirlpool electric cooker for an estimated cost of AED 2,410.
Type: Gas Cooking Range
- Special Feature: This Nikai Gas Cooking Range is special as it helps you bake your favourite cakes and desserts. Still, it works great for cooking regular meals in a jiffy.
- Catalytic Cleaning Feature: This works on absorbing food remains and oxidizing them when the oven is working at over 200°C. This ensures that your oven will be clean at all times.
- Bakelite Stainless Steel Black Knobs: A big thanks to the bakelite stainless steel black knobs. It helps you switch on and switch off the burners and also adjust the heat.
- 4 Cup Burners: With the help of these 4-cup burners, you can cook multiple dishes simultaneously. Thus, saving you time and helping you combat the early morning rush.
- Integrated Oven: Featuring an integrated oven below the burner section. The oven of this Nikai cooking range is equipped with grill, bake and rotisserie functions. You can prepare more and try out various recipes as it offers you more cooking and baking options.
- Sleek Look: Featuring a matte stainless steel finish and silver along with silver sides that offer a sleek look.
- Value for Money: This cooking range equipped with 4 burners is available at a price of around AED 980.
Model: SGC 6470MSFS
- Cook like a Masterchef: This high-quality freestanding 4 burner gas oven makes it easy for you to cook like a Masterchef. That too in the comfort of your own kitchen at any time.
- Large Oven Cavities: The large oven cavities help you in preparing bread, casseroles and cakes easily and quickly. Besides this is also the practical oven tray of this cooking range that contributes to the same. These gas ovens are extremely efficient and also heat rapidly.
- Practical Drawer Element: Beneath the oven is a practical drawer element that aids you in organizing your accessories, as well as, your utensils for the purpose of cooking.
- Push Button Knob: This cooking range consists of push-button knobs which make it easy for you to use this appliance.
- Automatic Ignition: A much safer alternative as it helps you to minimize accidents and operational mishaps.
- Ensures Durability: While looking out for a suitable kitchen appliance, there are two factors/terms that we start checking for or we are more concerned about. These factors/terms include durability and being long-lasting. Since this Super General cooking range is made from premium quality heavy-duty steel, it ensures durability and reliability for several years to come.
- Space-saving: Since this cooking range occupies very less space in your kitchen, it is perfect for cottages, trailers or efficiency apartments.
- Glass Top Lid: The glass top lid is of great help when you’re cooking something with too much oil or while preparing sauces. Additionally, it also works as a cover for the burners when you are not using the oven.
- Price: The Super General Gas Cooker with 4 burners is available for an estimated cost of AED 950.
Popular Cooking Range Size and Dimensions in Dubai
When it’s time to remodel the kitchen, dimensions of an appliance play a major role, besides the features and aesthetics. The length and breadth are the most important to check for when it comes to cooking range size and dimensions. The most common dimension of cooking ranges in UAE is 60cm x 60cm. This is the most ideal dimension that fits in any kitchen in UAE. You can select a gas variant or an electric one whichever suits your lifestyle best. It has 4 burners to offer you an amazing cooking experience.
In the end, it’s totally your choice and comfort. Besides the above-mentioned dimension of 60cm x 60cm, there are cooking ranges available in other dimensions too. The next popular cooking range dimension is 90cm x 60cm. This will fit into your kitchen’s design with ease. Equipped with 5 burners, this too is available in the gas as well as an electric variant. Further cooking range dimensions of 50cm x 50cm, 55cm x 55cm, and 55cm x 50cm exist, although not that popular. These are comparatively smaller in size and ideal for small families. Nuclear families consisting of 3 to 4 members will benefit from these cooking ranges.
The height of these cooking ranges is usually 85cm. But to add to your convenience, adjustable feet are available. Enhance your cooking experience with these comfortable adjustable feet. All the 4 feet on your cooking range are adjustable. You can adjust the feet 1/4″ to 1/2″ inch up or down. This varies from model to model. Remove the storage drawer, in order to make an adjustment in any of the feet. With the help of a wrench or pliers, turn the legs/feet clockwise to raise the leg. In order to lower it, turn it anti-clockwise. Now that you know about the popular cooking range size and dimensions. Purchasing the best cooking range in UAE is simpler.
Freestanding vs Slide-in Cooking Range
Understanding the differences between a freestanding and slide-in cooking range will help you figure out which one fits better in your kitchen. The main differences lie in their installation, control location and cleanability. This will help you select the best cooking range in UAE.
Freestanding Cooking Range
Firstly, freestanding ranges consist of a back guard with the oven controls as well as the burner controls. They are designed in order to be stand-alone or be installed directly within your cabinetry. In addition to this, they have finished sides. Hence, they are a little more flexible with the installation. The control panel on top of the device is a few inches tall. It is of great help as it gives you the ability to control the oven below and is located at the back of the range. Moreover, the freestanding cooking range can be placed anywhere in your kitchen. Further, considering the price and budget, a freestanding range proves to be a little cheaper compared to its counterpart. Since the freestanding range is easy to install and replace, it is more commonly used in Dubai and affordable too.
Slide-in Cooking Range
On the other hand, slide-in ranges feature the burner and oven controls upfront. Although it is much similar to its freestanding counterpart. In addition to this, they are a little bit wider on top to overlap the countertop. They are comparatively flat too. Thus, creating a built-in look in your kitchen. Slide-in ranges have their own benefits which include style and easy to clean and maintain functionality. The food and crumbs can’t drip down the sides, unlike the freestanding range. Although freestanding and slide-in ranges require a 30-inch cabinet modelling. Slide-in models, however, have unfinished sides, unlike freestanding ranges.
Cooking Range Safety
Electric cooktops take time to heat up and take longer to cool down. As a matter of fact, there are chances of burning by accident. When it comes to temperature control, there can be sudden spills on the iron coil or glass-ceramic top. This is because temperature control is difficult in electric cooktops. Besides this, the electric elements get really hot and retain high levels of heat even after being turned off. The maximum temperature that an electric cooktop is found to reach is 741.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Thus, it takes very long to cool the electric cooktop down and to switch from high heat to low heat.
Gas cooktops aren’t faster, but it definitely cools off faster after cooking or reheating your food. Although gas cooktops have an open flame, you can adjust it how much you want. When you light a gas burner, it offers instant heat which you can adjust low or high. Moreover, it responds immediately by altering the temperature. Moreover, while using a gas cooktop, you’re adjusting a flame that is visible to you. Thus it is easier for fine control.
Avoid touching the oven surface as the heating elements will be hot. The interior surfaces of the oven become hot enough to cause burns. While using and even after you finish using it, do not touch it. Besides this, don’t let clothing or other flammable materials come in contact with the heating materials. Keep children away from it, not just the exterior but also the interior surfaces of the oven. Until and unless the appliance had a sufficient amount of time to cool. Be careful of the other surfaces of the appliance too. This is because it gets hot enough to cause burns. Among these surfaces are the oven vent openings, oven doors and the windows of these oven doors. Therefore, you really need to keep mischievous children away from this.
Induction Cooktops – Pros and Cons
This section will give you a complete view of the pros and cons of using an Induction cooktop. It will guide you in purchasing the best cooking range in UAE. Let’s discuss the safety, controls, features, budget, and the cookware needed in using the same.
Indeed, there are many great things about an induction cooktop. It can work wonders and make your life easier. Let’s see how.
Safe to Use
The best thing about an induction cooktop is that there is no risk of burning since there is no flame. The heating element emits no radiant heat to the cookware hence they are safer to use. In an induction cooktop, the cookware is the only heat source. Further, you can easily switch it on and off. Since the induction remains cool in other parts, accidentally touching it won’t cause any burns. In addition to this, there is no fear of gas leaks. You don’t have to worry about the gas fumes or leaving the electric socket on. This is because it will only work with cookware on top. Moreover, the built-in sensors will automatically switch off this appliance if an empty cooking vessel is kept on it.
Precise Temperature Control
Induction cooktops are known to heat up immediately and cool down quickly. Thus, they are highly responsive and can be considered as the best cooking range in UAE. In addition to this, induction has a better temperature control in comparison to the electric cooktop. This is because the strength of the electromagnetic field can be controlled easily. You can use induction to cook at low temperatures (including simmer) for a longer time. The maximum temperature of an induction cooktop was found to reach 665.5 degrees Fahrenheit. An induction cooktop works best when you need to cook quickly. Similarly, it offers consistency in cooking for a long duration.
An induction cooktop requires a higher initial investment and induction friendly cookware. Below lies the in-depth information on the same.
In order to buy a good quality induction cooktop, you will have to shell out more money. The initial cost of purchasing will be very expensive. Nowadays, due to the well-known benefits of cooktops, the prices have relatively reduced. Another reason is its superior cooking technology. Besides the initial cost of purchasing and installing the induction, you need to purchase induction friendly cookware. This cookware can be very expensive as it should contain ferrous materials like iron and stainless steel. Thus adding up to your cost. Above all, you need special tools and equipment to repair an induction cooktop. It relies completely on solid-state circuitry. With all these points it is clear that
Requires Induction Specific Cookware
As a matter of fact, induction cooktops can’t heat copper, aluminium, glass or ceramic. This is due to the failure of the magnetic field to produce a concentrated current. Therefore, induction cookware requires cookware of ferrous materials such as cast iron, enamelled cast iron and stainless steel. In addition to this, the cookware must have a flat bottom for full contact with the surface. It should be smooth and magnetic too. In some cases, the cast iron cookware has a rough base and may cause many scratches to the induction surface. In this case, you can use a parchment paper in between the cast iron cookware and the induction surface. Keep aluminium, glass and copper cookware away as these can’t be used at all for inductions.
The Science Behind a Cooking Range
This section will explain in detail the science behind the working of a cooking range. We know that skill plays a crucial role in cooking. However, skill is not the only thing that can make you a great cook. The ingredients that you select and add, the recipes that you follow, and the pans and pots that you utilize make an impact on your cooking. Unfortunately, even these can vary. The one constant is the best cooking range in UAE. Read further to know the working of a gas cooking range.
Working of a Gas Cooking Range Explained
A gas stove burner consists of a burner assembly. This is attached to a small gas valve which in turn is connected to the main gas line. What happens on turning the knob is that the intake valve opens and the gas flows through a venturi tube. A venturi tube is a wide pipe that narrows in the middle. The gas enters through one of the wide ends and its pressure increases as it passes into the narrowed section. The section where the pipe widens again has a small air hole. The pressure releases as the gas moves into this section. Thereby sucking oxygen into the air hole.
Further, the oxygen mixes with the gas thus making it combustible. Also, the oxygen-gas mixture flows into the burner. To increase the flow of gas and air, you need to turn the knob to a higher heat setting. The flame gets larger after doing this. Gas burners can work with both natural gas or propane. Both, natural gas as well as propane are hydrocarbon fuels. Their content of hydrogen makes the gas flame appear blue. A yellow or orange flame means that there is an excess of oxygen and a slightly cooler temperature. The orange colour of the flame comes from unburned carbon.
The tips of the flames on a gas burner can naturally appear yellow-orange, especially where the flame is cooler. However, if the entire flame appears yellow then the ratio of gas to oxygen is extremely low. And the gas burner or the intake valve may be clogged might need cleaning as it may be clogged.
Popular Cooking Range Brands in UAE
The following are some of the best and well-known cooking range brands in UAE. I have penned down some points on brand history, appliances they deal with, and more.
Robert Bosch in short known as Bosch is a German multinational engineering and technology company headquartered in Gerlingen, Germany. This company was found by Robert Bosch in the year 1886, hence the name. A Bosch cooking range will definitely make a difference around your kitchen. Moreover, service is their quality, no matter what and when. They provide outstanding service both before as well as after the purchase. You will discover not just quality, but also perfection and reliability in their appliances. Bosch cooking range makes cooking a totally de-stressing experience for you. Enjoy the impeccable design, high-efficiency levels and great performance along with the safety provided.
The Whirlpool Corporation is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances. It is headquartered in Benton Charter Township, Michigan, United States. As a matter of fact, Whirlpool designs cooking appliances engineered with advanced technology. Thus, making it easier for you to care for your family. Whether you’re preparing a birthday dinner, whipping up comfort food, baking a cake and more. You need appliances that help you to care for your family every day. Their collection of cooking range appliances is designed to seamlessly integrate into your kitchen. In order to provide the best experience no matter what you’re making. Whirlpool’s line of cooking ranges has the combination of capacity and flexibility that is essential for the cooktop to handle whatever the day brings. The innovative cooking technology gives you accurate control whether you’re baking, broiling or simmering.
Nikai is a brand that offers reliability throughout. Nikai’s success is due to the fact that it is one of the very few brands that have a dedicated local service center. This famous Nikai brand is led by the visionary and diplomat-turned-entrepreneur Paras Shahdadpuri. In addition to this, the record turnaround time is 72 hours within the notification. They have been able to delight all their customers in UAE, and other parts of the world too. Cook and bake to perfection with the Nikai cooking range. The complete range of products is available in over 60+ countries.
Cooking is fun and easy with Midea’s power-packed line of small cooking appliances. Midea Global was established in the year 1958. Midea is known to create a better life in homes across the world. Mr. He Xiangijan is the founder of Midea Group. From cooking ranges to pressure cookers, slow cookers, air fryers, and rice cookers. The list of appliances and products under each of these categories is unending. It offers diversified products comprising consumer appliances. These appliances are mainly kitchen appliances, refrigerators, laundry appliances, and various small home appliances. As a matter of fact, Midea is committed to improving lives by clinging to the principle of “Creating Value for Customers”. That was the year in which it stood alone as the first washing machine manufacturer in China. It is the world’s leading technologies group in consumer appliances.
Electrolux AB is a Swedish multinational home appliance manufacturer, headquartered in Stockholm. As a matter of fact, it is ranked as the world’s second-largest appliance maker by units sold after Whirlpool. The brand Electrolux is known to shape living for the better by reinventing taste, care, and well-being experiences. Thus making life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. Unlock your creativity with the Electrolux cooking range appliances.
Reduce, simmer, boil and melt at the same time with their versatile electric ranges. The possibilities are endless with Electrolux and are yours to explore. Now, you can whip up any dish with their cooktops. Moreover, it works with 3 different sizes of cookware. Get repeat requests for your food items with these amazing appliances. It has the latest features such as Glide 2 Set control panel. This enables you to change the temperature with a swipe of your finger.
Cooking Range FAQ’s
Basically, a cooking range is a stove with added advantages. It has room for cooking several different things at one time. Baking your favourite cake as well as grilling meats simultaneously is possible.
Firstly, the price depends on whether it is a gas cooking range or an electric cooking range. Secondly, it depends upon the oven size and the number of burners. The features it possesses such as the Rotisserie function also matter a lot. The price range is usually between AED 1000 – AED 3000.
It is a fact that cooking ranges are a boon to combat the early morning rush. It is an ideal appliance for working women who have to cook multiple dishes. Likewise, one can make breakfast, as well as, bake a cake simultaneously without any hassle. Additionally, it can be used for grilling meats and preparing paneer tikkas and kebabs.
Buy cooking range appliances online on Amazon.ae at affordable prices. You can save time and effort by browsing online. Select one of your choice depending on your budget and requirements.
With the help of a cooking range, you can prepare a number of dishes at a time. On the contrary, a cooktop is a drop-in unit that offers many similar functions as that of a cooking range. The difference is that it doesn’t include an oven below, although it is similar in size to a cooking range. However, both will accomplish the same task. To clear your doubts, consider reading Dubai homes: cooking range or cooktop article.
So, Crank Up the Heat
In today’s world with such little time to spare, we all need a cooking range that is good at multitasking. So many dishes to prepare in the least amount of time, we rely on a good cooking range. With more knowledge about the best cooking range in UAE, you now can make an informed decision. Consider the options and information above.
The perfect cooking range is one that suits your requirements by keeping the budget in mind. You never need to compromise on performance and quality especially when it comes to enjoying a wholesome meal. Bon Appetit! Consider reading the best cooking range hood in UAE to improve the ventilation in your kitchen.