If you’re a fan of perfectly seared meat or grilled vegetables then the best BBQ grill in Dubai is an absolute must-have. Sure you could go down to your favourite restaurant and spend a fortune. Or you could invest in owning your very own BBQ set and master the art of grilling meat. Additionally, BBQ’s make for a great way to spend the evening with friends and family.
Buying a BBQ set is fairly simple but there are a couple of things you need to consider beforehand. Your intended use, grill size, and type are among the few commonly sought questions. However, anyone who’s ever owned a BBQ or has a passion for grilling meat knows there’s a lot more you need to look at. So keeping that in mind, let’s dive into the best BBQ grill in Dubai.
Best Electric BBQ Grill in Dubai
|Grill||Dimensions (WxDxH)/Weight||Accessories||Check Price|
|Tefal||18.5 cm x 41 cm x 32 cm|
|NA||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Zoyve||42 cm x 35 cm x 17 cm||NA||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Geepas||17 Kg||Lower rack for storage||Price in Amazon.ae|
Best Charcoal BBQ Grill in Dubai
|Grill||Dimensions (WxDxH)/Weight||Accessories||Check Price|
|ESTELLEF Mini||22cm x 44cm x 26 cm|
|Spatula, fork, case, safety button||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Char-Broil||22.5-inch diameter||A dedicated area to store utensils & extra fuel||Price in Amazon.ae|
|800 square inch cooking area|
|Hooks, storage areas||Price in Amazon.ae|
Best Gas BBQ Grill in Dubai
|Grill||Dimensions (WxDxH)/Weight||Accessories||Check Price|
|42 cm x 99 cm x 74 cm|
|N/A||Price in Amazon.ae|
|50.8 cm x 26.4 cm x 24 cm|
|Water-resistant polyester storage bag||Price in Amazon.ae|
|40 Kgs||5 functional stainless steel hooks for the grill, pliers, towels, 3x stainless steel burners||Price in Amazon.ae|
Best Hybrid BBQ Grill in Dubai
|Grill||Dimensions (WxDxH)/Weight||Accessories||Check Price|
|Portable Foldable (works on charcoal and wood pellets)||30 x 60 cm||A lid to avoid debris from entering the grill||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Household USB (electric and charcoal)||10 Kg||USB powered rotation for grilling outdoors||Price in Amazon.e|
Best Wood Fire Pellet BBQ Grill in Dubai
|Grill||Dimensions (WxDxH)/Weight||Accessories||Check Price|
|Cuisinart Grill & Smoker||46 Kg||Free grill cover for protection from harsh weather conditions||Price in Amazon.e|
|Campfire Defender (Tri-fold)||15 inches tall and weighs only 7 Kg||A durable grill grate bag made of marine-grade vinyl||Price in Amazon.ae|
|Ozark Grill & Smoker||36.3 Kg||Hood to ensure that heat remains trapped|
|Price in Amazon.ae|
Things to Consider
Where do you stay?
Your residence matters when choosing the best BBQ grill in UAE for yourself. It isn’t practical to own a charcoal grill if you reside on the 15th floor with a tiny balcony. As a matter of fact, your available space will impact the grill type and size that you shall purchase. You cannot operate a charcoal BBQ inside four walls without setting off a panic in the entire building. Hence, if you live in an apartment an electric grill is more suited as they heat up and cool down much faster. Besides this, they also don’t produce any smoke.
Next on the list of things to know before you purchase the best BBQ grill in Dubai are your exact cooking requirements. This includes the type of foods you’ll predominantly make. For example, if all you intend on making hamburgers and sausages a simple grill will suffice and you don’t need one with a multitude of attachments. Additionally, you also need to consider the number of people you intend on feeding. A small grill won’t cut it if you’re inviting your colleagues over for dinner. Another factor to keep in mind is how often you will be using the grill. It obviously makes sense to spend on a quality grill if barbecuing is a frequent affair.
Considering a healthy grill?
If you’re a fitness freak or a health buff then you’ll want to grab the healthiest possible grill. While it is no secret that grilled food is much better than deep-fried goodies your marine and application of oils matters. Marinating food also limits the number of carcinogens while grilling that are known to cause cancer. When it comes to the grill itself charcoal-grilled meats contain a significantly greater amount of carcinogens called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) than meat heated cooked with propane as a fuel.
To maintain the healthiest possible grill ensure there is no charred build up on your grill that transfers to your meat. Also, ensure that you choose leaner cuts of meat. Further, another thing you can do is to grill more vegetables as veggies do not attract HCA’s and PAHs. Also, the less time food spends over the flame the better. Hence, kebabs and thinner strips of meat are the best way to go. Further, consider adding some vegetables and cheese to the mix.
To begin, you need to decide on the grill type you want to own. For this, you need to know the various grills available and how they differ.
Choosing a BBQ Grill Type for Dubai
A charcoal grill carries with it the most commonly perceived mental image of a gathering with family and friends sharing cold beverages while the food cooks on red rocks needing occasional fanning. Charcoal BBQs provide the food with a smoky flavour that is often sought. The trade-off is that you spend a lot more time prepping the BBQ in addition to waiting considerably longer for the grill to heat up. Charcoal BBQ is a great option if you have an abundance of time and your guests as well as you don’t mind the wait. Bingo night or a game of charades can help pass the time, while people wait. However, it is important to remember that the heat on a charcoal grill is controlled by airflow thus making it difficult to regulate.
Best Charcoal BBQ Grill in Dubai
- Grill Type: The charcoal grill is a compact one perfect for 1 to 2 people.
- Dimensions and Size: The grill is 44cm long with a width of 22cm and a height of 26cm.
- Portable: The grill is as portable as it gets by weighing only 2.5kgs you can pick it up and carry it anywhere.
- Features: The grill has three-layer vents on each side to reduce smoke and burn fuel efficiently. It also has two U-shaped claws allowing you to position the grill and adjust the flame.
- Accessories: The grill comes with its own case, spatula, and fork. It also has a safety button to ensure the accessories do not fall over.
- Grill Type: This kettle-domed charcoal grill has a porcelain enamelled fire-box.
- Dimensions and Size: The dome grill has a 22.5-inch diameter made of strong steel. The grill has a 360-degree inlet for even heating.
- Portable: The grill is light weighted and has a set of wheels making it easy to move about. Due to its height, you can stand or sit on a chair and comfortably keep an eye on the cooking.
- Features: It features a porcelain coated tru-infrared no-fall-through grate that ensures you don’t lose any tasty morsels to the flame. The tru-infrared system ensures there are few flare-ups and virtually no cold spots. The grill sports a hinged lid that has amounted temperature gauge to notify you.
- Accessories: It comes with a dedicated area at the bottom that you can use to store utensils or extra fuel for the BBQ.
- Grill Type: With Royal Gourmet you can enjoy a traditional charcoal grill with offset smoker combination for dual style barbecue.
- Dimensions and Size: The grill features a larger-than-ever 800 square inch cooking area in total. From this number 438 come from the main chamber, 183 from the side box, and plus 179 square inches of the swing-away rack. You do need to assemble the rack separately.
- Portable: The grill is portable as it has wheels and weighs roughly 25kgs.
- Features: The grill features a heat scald proof handle, adjustable airflow vent, hooks for accessories, and a height-adjustable charcoal pan.
- Accessories: The appliance comes with its own set of accessories such as hooks and storage areas that are usually bought separately.
Gas BBQ Grills
A gas grill may be the most viable option if you already possess a natural gas line in your home. Without question, a gas grill ignites and heats up much faster than a charcoal grill, a great reason to purchase if you want to have quick dinners. Another great feature if you intend on wrapping up quickly is that gas grills cool down tremendously quickly. Enabling you to pack them away soon after your meal, on the downside it means you, can’t count, on lingering heat to toast another set of garlic bread. The biggest plus point a gas grill has when compared to a charcoal grill is the fact that has knobs through which you can regulate heat. Gas grills are less expensive and great for feeding numerous people simultaneously.
Best Gas BBQ Grill in Dubai
- Grill Type: This Char-Broil burner is the perfect grill for all your indoor cooking needs. It runs on a gas connection, which saves a lot of cost if you already have a connection.
- Dimensions and Size: The grill measures in at 42 x 99 x 74 cm . It weighs roughly 28 kilos.
- Portable: The grill does have a set of wheels that help you move it from one place to another. However, if you are using a gas line you’ll be limited to one area. You can however, use a cylinder and gain a little flexibility in terms of where you want to cook.
- Features: The grill features 4 knobs that help you regulate the temperature on the cooking area. You also have access to a side burner and shelf to make cooking simple. It comes with a lid to reduce heat loss and ensure your meal cooks even on a lower heat setting, which works great on items like fish.
- Accessories: N/A
- Grill Type: This Camco grill is made of stainless steel is a fully assembled kit ready to use. You do not need to waste time figuring out how to put the grill together.
- Dimensions and Size: The grill measures 10.4 x 20 x 9.4 inches with legs extended and has a 9000 BTU burner. The BBQ grill weighs only 6.5kg making it one of the best BBQ grills in UAE.
- Portable: The size of the grill makes it great to carry outdoors. You can use it while camping, picnicking, tailgating, spending a day on the boat, or carry it about in your RV.
- Features: The grill comes with a push-button igniter and temperature gauge to start and control the flame. It hosts integrated legs that fold neatly when you decide to store it. When in use, you can utilize the cool handle and latching lid for a seamless BBQ experience. The grill has main burners plus one side burner making cooking simple and effortless.
- Accessories: It also comes with a heavy-duty water-resistant polyester storage bag that saves your grill from moisture and dampness.
- Grill Type: The gas grill has a dual-walled steel grill hood with integrated temperature
- Dimensions and Size: This grill weighs about 40kgs.
- Portable: Thanks to its multiple wheels and locking mechanism you can use the grill both indoors and outdoors. It can host a 5kg gas cylinder within a large storage space that has a magnetic door.
- Features: It hosts 4 main burners and has a BTU of 12,000. The gas consumption on the main burner is 675 gr/h. The grill has a stainless steel cabinet door with chrome-plated control knobs for continuous temperature setting. The grill also comes with a warming rack and extract-able grease collection tray for easy cleaning.
- Accessories: It comes with 5 functional stainless steel hooks for grill accessories such as pliers, towels, etc. 3x stainless steel burners.
Electric BBQ Grill
Unlike gas grills that can be hooked up to a cylinder for outdoor cooking electric grills are a little more limiting for obvious reasons. Keeping that in mind, electric cookers do have the upper hand if you aren’t looking for portable cooking options, or rather if you prefer cooking indoors. Not only are electric grills cost-effective, but they also come with a variety of attachments to replicate (to an extent) the aromatic taste achieved from charcoal and pellet grills. Electric grills allow you to grill fine prawns or hamburgers without the fear of it slipping down into hot coal- we’ve all experienced that at some point. Both electric and gas BBQ allow you to easily monitor food while cooking. However, searing food isn’t the best option for electric grills.
Best Electric BBQ grill in Dubai
- Grill Type: This is a small electric grill that is great to have as a countertop grill in your kitchen. You can use it to whip up wholesome breakfasts on a regular basis that are both healthy and tasty. Whether its sausages, sandwiches or waffles, this grill does it all.
- Dimensions and Size: The grill has a power output of 220 watts and weighs only 4 kg. Its dimensions are 7.3 x 16 x 12.7 inches. The cooking surface is 600cm square.
- Portable: With its lightweight body and slim frame you can move the grill about as per your convenience. It isn’t difficult and takes up very little space. An ideal companion if you plan on going away for the weekend.
- Features: The grill comes with an adjustable thermostat allowing you to freely control the heat settings. It has removable plates, a juice tray, and vertical storage grilling area.
- Accessories: N/A
- Grill Type: An electric grill that has a Shabu Shabu hot pot allows you to grill food and prepare stews at the same time.
- Dimensions and Size: The appliance is made of cast aluminium alloy material and a non-stick coating.
- Portable: The appliance comes with its own cable that you can plug in wherever you go. Moving the small appliance is entirely possible and doesn’t require much effort. It’s about as easy as moving a pressure cooker.
- Features: The device has a separate control pot from the BBQ with temperature control.
- Grill Type: The grill is an electric model and allows you to cook for 4-6 people with great ease.
- Dimensions and Size:
- Portable: The electric grill weighs 17kg and is simple to move about.
- Features: The BBQ set features a waterproof function, an auto thermostat, and removable parts to make cleaning easy. The thermostat ensures your food doesn’t burn or remain uncooked. The easy-to-use dial allows you to control the temperature without any confusion.
- Accessories: The appliance comes with a two-year warranty. It even comes with a lower rack that you can use for storage.
Hybrid BBQ Grill
A hybrid grill or commonly called combo grill attempts to deliver the authentic ‘smoky’ flavour of a charcoal barbecue while saving energy and reducing the heating time as a gas grill or electric grill does. Hybrid grills have more than one fuel option and rightfully so earned their name. You may also find a gas grill with infrared burners present, this also poses as a hybrid grill. This allows you to cook foods on a low temperature as well as those that demand a high temperature such as steaks.
Hybrid grills do come with their set of challenges. For example, some only allow you to use one layer of charcoal at a time, which means you need to keep replenishing fuel to maintain the desired heat level. Many due to their design lack vents, which isn’t the best considering coal temperature is controlled by airflow. Hybrid BBQs because of their intricate design has components that are comparatively costly to maintain. Yet a hybrid BBQ can prove to be the best BBQ grill in UAE if it fits your exact cooking needs. A handy tool if you alternate between cooking indoors and outdoors from time to time. As a bonus, your food will almost never burn on a hybrid grill as you can use the infrared burners for searing purposes.
Best Hybrid BBQ Grill in Dubai
- Grill Type: This fold able grill works on both charcoal and wood pellets.
- Dimensions and Size: The charcoal wood BBQ grill is made of steel that is durable. The grill can be taken on camping trips and be used outdoors without the fear of it rusting easy. It’s cooking space is 30cm x 60cm
- Portable: The grill due to its compact size and folding design is simple to carry and store. It even has two handles on either side of the grill that you can use to grip it comfortably as the grill dismantles into two pieces.
- Features: The grill features a sturdy fold able stand that give it grip on a variety of surfaces.
- Accessories: The grill comes with its own lid to ensure no debris enters while traveling or storing the grill. It makes cleaning and caring for your grill simple.
- Grill Type: This grill is a charcoal and electric hybrid grill.
- Dimensions and Size: The appliance is compact and weighs just 10kg.
- Portable: Due to its lightweight and small size you can easily carry the grill about. Attach straps to carry it effortlessly with just one hand. It takes very little storage space and sits comfortably in your car’s boot during an outing.
- Features: The grill features skewers that flip automatically. Further, the surface of the grill allows you to use less oil allowing for healthier cooking. The grill is made of non-magnetic stainless steel.
- Accessories: It comes with USB powered rotation when grilling outdoors. You can connect the grill to your laptop to ensure the same. See that the laptop is placed a safe distance away.
Wood Fire Pellet
The greatest benefit of wood fire pellets is the diversity you can choose from that gives your meat a flavored texture. Alder pellets are great for salmon, poultry, and game birds while cherry pellets are go well with everything. Opt for Mesquite if you enjoy red meat or apple if lamb and seafood is on the menu. There are more pellets to choose from but that deserves its own segment. Woodfire grills warm-up rather quickly and a great for saving time without missing out on the smoky flavour. As an added bonus, they give off less acrid smoke compared to charcoal grills. They often produce evenly cooked food and some even have a heat diffuser plate which can be used to enhance the smoke effect. Wood fire pellets are a great way to give unique flavors to your cooking and save time while doing so.
Best Wood Fire Pellet BBQ Grill in Dubai
- Grill Type: The Cuisinart BBQ can grill and smoke foods with tremendous ease. It uses a variety of wood pellets that you can select based on your taste buds and the meat you’re cooking.
- Dimensions and Size: The largest pellet grill on the list. This Cuisinart grill gives you 450 square-inches of cooking area and can withhold about 15 pounds of food weight.
- Portable: Sporting all terrain wheels and a lift handle you can easily move the 46kg giant. Whether you are having Sunday brunch in your backyard or an evening by the sea, your grill can accompany you everywhere.
- Features: The grill comes with a stationary side shelf and a collapsible front shelf. Whether it’s resting freshly cooked cuts or chopping some onions you have room to do it all. Not only that but you can grill, smoke, roast, braise, barbecue and even bake with this nifty grill. It definitely stands out as a top contender to claim the title of best BBQ grill in UAE.
- Accessories: The grill comes with a cover to protect it from harsh weather conditions. It also ensures that your grill isn’t at risk of rusting quickly. Avoid storing it in areas with a lot of moisture.
- Grill Type: The grill although does serve as a hybrid does use wood pellets. The pit lets you enjoy your favourite meat with a smoky flavour.
- Dimensions and Size: The grill is made of 4mm stainless steel suited for heavy-duty cooking. With its 350 square inches of cooking space, you can cook anywhere from 10 to 12 burgers at a time.
- Portable: While the grill doesn’t have wheels it does come with a fold-able design. The grill is extremely compact and folds up smaller than a camping chair making it extremely simple to move around. When opened it stands at 15 inches tall and weighs only 7kg.
- Features: The grill comes with a double function pit allowing you to put in your preferred fuel source. The open design makes cooking and moving utensils easy.
- Accessories: The grill grate bag is a durable marine-grade vinyl with wide opening mouth meant for easy filling up and cleaning.
- Grill Type: Ozark features a cutting edge hardwood pellet cooking technology. This eliminates the need to look for charcoal or gas options altogether.
- Dimensions and Size: The grill is of a compact size perfectly capable of feeding an entire family. The razorback offers you a hearty 341 square-inch cooking space that can easily accommodate 10 hamburger patties.
- Portable: The grill is a great backyard cooker. With its set of wheels it can be easily barreled to a location of your choice. The product weighs 36.3kg making those wheel a saving grace.
- Features: The grill uses an advanced algorithm and accurate sensors to feed fuel to the fire. It regulates the airflow and maintains the cooking temperature to perfectly cook your meal. It features a digital control panel granting you control of the temperature by + or – 6 degrees Celsius.
- Accessories: The grill comes with a hood to ensure that heat remains trapped contributing to a better cooking experience, especially on a lower heat setting. The multifaceted system allows you to go from a slow smoke to grilling, baking, roasting, and braising at higher temperatures.
Any one of these 5 can be the best BBQ grill in UAE based upon your requirement. But don’t base your decision solely on the fuel source.
Selecting a BBQ’s Body Material
Next we take a look at the body material and how that impacts our decision when hunting for the best BBQ grill in UAE. The body material determines how long a grill shall last and the quality of cooking, so ensure to spend judiciously on it.
Stainless steel bodies are the most preferred material for professional cooking and can also cost a fair amount. However, there are varying degrees of quality when it comes to stainless steel and that demands consideration. Some manufacturers don’t use stainless steel for the frame and that can cause rusting over time. Be sure to thoroughly check the specifications before going in on a purchase. When choosing a stainless steel BBQ pay attention to the gauges. The gauges indicate the thickness, lower the number higher the thickness.
Thicker steel means better quality. Further, stainless steel disperses heat in a different manner. The material allows the heat to reach a regulated temperature and remain there to provide an even cooking temperature for your meat. It accommodates for higher temperatures that may not be reachable on gas grills made of other material. One way you can ensure your grill is truly made of stainless steel is to run a magnet across it.
If you’re looking for a grill to stand the test of time then cast aluminum is the way to go! These grills are extremely durable and easily maintained. In fact some people swear by cast aluminum as the best material to retain heat. A general rule is to aim for around 80–100 BTUs per square inch of cooking space (more on BTUs later). If cooking outdoors is something you enjoy then cast aluminum is likely going to last you much longer than any quality of stainless steel. Especially since the quality of stainless steel varies dramatically from manufacturer to manufacturer.
In cast you haven’t bought a stainless steel or cast aluminum BBQ grill then you may need to consider painting your grill. Metal and other steel grills can lose their luster and shine overtime. That can make them susceptible to rust due to constant contact with moisture. By painting it you can not only transform your grill aesthetically but even increase its lifespan. You can buy a pre-painted grill or even DIY. When opting for the DIY approach ensure that you cover extra parts with masking tape, apply primer from a foot away, and only then apply heat-resistant metal spray paint.
Next you need to take a look at the grill size. The grill size you choose should be capable of accommodating the number of people you want to feed at a time. There’s little value in owning a grill that can accommodate 6 chicken leg pieces when there are 15 people at the barbecue. The cooking area of a grill is measured in square inches but this usually includes the warming rack and cook top if present. Best find only the cooking surface’s measurements.
You definitely need a larger grill if you’re throwing a party and serving hamburgers for 30 guests but that’s not the only reason you may need a large grill. With a larger grill some people can benefit especially those with burners whose heat can be controlled independently. Although even direct cooking is great for thinner and lighter food such as garlic bread and ham. A large grill ensures you generate the right amount of heat in an area and allows you to cook larger and thicker foods like whole chicken and potatoes.
If you’re cooking sizeable portions you don’t want to over crowd your grill. It is important to keep about 20-25% of your grill space free and with a lower heat in case you need to move items that are getting too hot. Another reason to buy a slightly larger grill. Large grills are typically grills that have 650 square inches of cooking area or more. They suffice for larger families and smaller gatherings. If you’re looking at bigger parties you may want to find something upward of 800 square inches.
A smaller grill is perfect for compact families and smaller circles. Gas grills of this size usually come with two or three burners to allow you to cook on one side if needed. You do get charcoal grills of similar and smaller sizes. Typically a small grill has a cooking area of 450-500 square inches. You can purchase a number of accessories that allow you to leverage more cooking space, such as by adding another level to the cooking grid. Another example is the warming rack which is great for toasting items at lower temperatures. Smaller grills are especially handy when the space you have outdoors isn’t too large, such as a patio or porch.
A portable grill is the perfect companion if you enjoy cooking out doors, camping, spending the evening in your balcony, or want to travel about in your caravan. A portable grill is mostly smaller in size and comes with stands or a set of wheels that enable it to move about freely. The light weight machines generally suffice to cook a meal for 1 to 3 persons. Portable barbecues are also great to own if you do not grill food that often. These kind of grills serve as some of the best BBQ grill in UAE as they are easy to store, as most are lighter than 30 pounds, and are comparatively cheaper to own.
That wraps up what to look for when searching for your best BBQ grill in UAE. Before we move on to the features of a BBQ you need to understand a word that popped up earlier, BTU and how it impacts your buying decision.
What is BTU?
BTU stands for British Thermal Unit and it tells you how much fuel is consumed within a given period of time, it is also referred to as the cooking power. This means BBQ grills with a higher BTU rating consume more fuel than grills with a lower rating. Now logically a grill with a higher BTU should generate the most heat and for the most part that would be right but based on vent size and relative cooking space even higher BTU grills may fall short. Again look for a grill offering you 80-100 BTUs per square inch of cooking space.
The higher the number of BTUs the faster your grill consumes fuel so it’s wise to buy one that is just enough to get the job done. Remember, grills with a sturdier frame made of thicker material retain heat better. This means you can get by with a grill that doesn’t need extremely high BTUs.
Features to Look Out for
Next come the features of a grill. The features of a grill are extremely important especially if you know the kind of meat you intend to prepare. Further, knowing the features enables you to select the best BBQ grill in UAE after carefully comparing offerings.
Main burners are the heart of every BBQ grill. On gas, electric, and propane grills you can adjust the heat to a lower value to smoke your meat or turn it all the way up to sear your meat. Main burners need to be cared for properly to ensure their longevity. The most common material for burners are cast iron and stainless steel. Grill burners mix gas with air which damage the burners and can cause a hindrance to your cooking experience and in some cases even prove dangerous. Main burners need to be replaced if they are damaged and spare parts are easily available.
A side burner is probably one of the most underrated features on a good quality BBQ grill. Many people never use it as they do not know what to do with it or prefer using the kitchen stove. Side burners are great for preparing, you guessed it, side dishes! Sweet corn, sauteed onions and mushrooms, garlic bread, charred peppers, a seafood assortment are all examples of yummies that you can prepare as you sear your steak. A side burner saves you the trouble of having to run indoors to prep the sauces or warm a can of beans. Invest in cast iron or stainless steel utensils and you’ll be surprised just how much you can accomplish with a side burner from simmering soups to frying eggs.
A roaster basically allows you to use indirect heat to cook the meat. It is more suited for larger pieces of meat. Otherwise, you may find when ‘grilling’ chunks of meat on the BBQ that the outer layer is charred while the insides remain undone. Grilling is usually done on a directional open flame. Roasting is a slower method of cooking that can even take up to 3 hours or more! It usually leaves the meat tender and juicy due to the even and dispersed levels of heat. The setting is enclosed which uses hot air to cook the food from the inside out. As such you minimize charring on the outer layer and raw areas towards the centre.
Storage shelves & cabinets
Okay, hands-down storage shelves and cabinets are an absolute essential while purchasing the best BBQ grill in Dubai. I cannot count the number of times I’ve needed to put down the bowl with butter, a pair of tongs, hide away the garlic bread, and place the skewers that aren’t in use. Storage shelves and cabinets are often overlooked when they shouldn’t be. With a high heat surrounding, mouths to feed, and constant attention on the grill it pays to have an area to rest articles from time to time. With a shelf area I’ve been able to cook in the dark as I had an area to sit down my portable lamp. If you barbecue in the evening outdoors you’d know the struggle.
If you’re confused as to what grates are then you aren’t alone. Grates are the metal-lined surfaces that you place directly over the flame upon which your food is rested as it cooks. Some BBQ grills allow you to adjust the height of the grate so you can place your food closer or further away from the flame. Cooking grates need to be strong and provide an adequate heat transfer. There are three kinds of grates that are the most sought after all with their set of advantages and disadvantages. They are coated aluminium, cast iron, porcelain and stainless steel grates.
Aluminium is extremely thermally responsive, making it a great conductor of heat. Grates made of aluminium however are not very common and do have a smaller following of people who swear by them.
Cast iron has a great lifespan and lasts much longer than other metals and alloys. However if you purchase one of flimsy quality, the intense heat of a grill will wear down the metal. Over time it can even affect the quality of food. If you are considering cast iron grates then the heavier it is the better, it is the most durable but also the most expensive and requires maintenance. Taken care of properly, cast iron can last for decades and cook food much faster. As you grill fats and grease build on the surface of the grate which protect it.
Porcelain grates require you to choose only those of the best quality to ensure longevity. Buy porcelain-coated grates that have a base of steel or cast iron. Porcelain coating can chip off easy and that affects the lifespan of the grate. Avoid using metal tools, especially scrapers, and accessories on a porcelain-coated grate.
This is the most affordable alternative but also the least durable. Steel grates are good if you don’t BBQ very often. They are non-stick surfaces but do lose that ability over time. Steel grates also loose temper and chip. On the plus side, they heat up easily and it won’t pinch you to replace them every once in a while.
These cover the essential features that you need to pay attention to when selecting the best BBQ grill in Dubai.
Tools & Accessories to Consider
Tools and accessories are an integral part when purchasing and assembling your own barbecue. You can choose to skip them but if you’re someone who intends on using their best BBQ grill in UAE often you’ll want to invest in accessories wisely. Having the right tools can make your cooking experience that much simpler and enjoyable.
Lighters are a great accessory to have to save yourself the tedious ordeal of getting a fire started. You can find petroleum-based lighters as well as plant-based oils or bio-gas run lighters based on your preference. Lighters need to be handled carefully as they are the most common culprit for BBQ injuries. Alternatively, you can use crumpled newspaper under your coal to start a fire or place an electric charcoal fire starter atop your charcoal.
As the name suggests, heat distributors evenly distribute heat across the cooking surface, which can be an issue if you’re cooking with charcoal and pellets. They also protect burners and extend its lifespan from direct dripping of fat, grease, and your special marination. Also, they perform a safety function. Heat distributors reduce the number of flareups that occur, which can lead to uncontrolled fires. For best results to maintain your heat distributor use a grill brush to remove debris and clean all grease after the cooldown of your BBQ set. When storing it, keep it away from moisture and other corrosive agents.
If you cook on a gas or propane grill you may feel that you’re missing out on those smoky flavours. Well, it doesn’t make sense to go out and buy a new BBQ grill but you can bring home a smoker box. You can fill it and place it on your grill with woods chips that give you the desired flavour. It is important to choose a box capable of withstanding extremely high temperatures without breaking or crumbling. Ensure that the material won’t rust when it comes in contact with fluids. The smoker box contains an area for the wood chips you want, which would otherwise damage the propane grill. However, keep in mind that many smoker boxes do take a while to heat up and even longer to cool down.
A drip pan helps with flare-ups and you should choose one at least 1 inch deep and 3 inches larger than each end of the meat. You can use a drip pan to create a scrumptious sauce to go along with your meat. It works best with turkey and beef. Another use of a drip pan is to absorb heat from the fire below, thus adding humidity and reducing the temperature of the cooking area. Further, water vapour mixes with combustion gasses and can improve the flavor of the meat. With such a tool even an economical grill can prove to be one of the best BBQ grill in UAE.
If you’ve gone out and bought a gas BBQ set but now want to use a liquid propane fuel source you cannot with your current grill. Unless, you purchase a conversion kit. A kit allows you to leverage the benefits of the grill you’re looking to use but this comes at an added price. Conversion kits aren’t the most economic option and involve a fair amount of labor. If you’re a novice its wise to take the time before making your decision about purchasing the best BBQ grill in UAE for you. This can help save you unnecessary expense and effort.
Covers are an indispensable accessory and if you were to pick just one out of this list then a cover should be your first priority. A cover ensures your BBQ grill isn’t directly exposed to harsh weather conditions outside, which can dramatically reduce its lifespan. Even if you intend on storing your BBQ set indoors damp areas and moisture can affect it. Especially if it’s made of cast iron. A cover allows you to protect your grill and maintain its shine for years to come.
This is rather broad spectrum so I’m going to cover the basics. When buying cooking accessories for your best BBQ grill in UAE the bare minimum shall suffice. You don’t need fancy high-end tools with substandard performance to get the job done. A grill brush, set of skewers, tongs, serving trays, food brush, and at the very maximum set of gloves are enough for any barbecue.
Invest in quality utensils that will not bend, break, or rust with ease. Cast iron, cast aluminum, stainless steel, and porcelain coated utensils are your best friends when cooking over a grill. They are easy to clean (cast iron requires more effort), they are durable, and can handle high temperatures. Ensure that you do not skimp on the quality as utensils handle your food and last you for many years.
Proper lighting is crucial to an enjoyable BBQ experience, especially if you intend on having a cook-out in the evenings. Ensure your BBQ has a shelf on which you can place a lamp or light instead of having someone hold a torch for you. If you’ve been out barbecuing in the dark before you’ll know that adequate lighting makes the job a lot easier.
Now you know the tools and accessories that you can buy to elevate your grilling experience. The best BBQ grill in UAE can only last you for as long as you take care of it. If you are still sitting on the fence then maybe the following will help you choose a side.
Which Grill is More Energy Efficient? Electric vs Gas
Experiencing a dilemma? Well consider a few things. Firstly, natural gas might not be available near you if you live beyond a municipality radius. If you do however stay within the limits natural gas is more cost effective even when compared to propane. When it comes to evaluating its a little difficult as you’re dealing with different types of energy. On an average an electric grill uses 1,250 watts of electricity where as gas grills depend on your usage duration.
Further, if your home already uses natural gas then a gas grill remains a more affordable option. As a general rule one unit of electricity is about three times more expensive than gas. Regardless of the type of grill you purchase there are a few things you can do to save energy.
- Cook smaller pieces of meat as it takes less time to cook.
- Control your gas grill with heat zones. High heat zones for searing and lower heat zones to finish the job.
- Cook with the item covered to maintain the temperature surrounding the food.
- Use additional features when required only.
Assembling your Grill
If you are an experienced barbecue enthusiast then you know that barbecues come in simple to use models and some with the complexity of building a death star out of Lego’s. As a novice gauge whether you’ll be able to assemble the grill you intend on buying. If not, it is wiser to invest in an already assembled floor piece model.
Further, if your best BBQ grill in UAE has a number of accessories that require assembling it can cost you a great deal of time and effort. Setting up shelves, storage cabinets, finding the right nuts and bolts, along with the frame can become tedious. Ensure you are well prepared to spend a couple of hours and make the use of online guides or tutorials on how to assemble your particular grill.
How to Clean & Maintain my BBQ Grill?
Throughout the article, I’ve been stating the importance of caring for your barbecue grill. Its significance cannot be overstated and so I’ve decided to dedicate a section to it. Firstly, caring for your grill and its accessories ensure you enjoy healthy, tasty food for years and even decades. Besides this, cleaning your grill reduces troublesome buildup, avoids rusting, and breakage of your grill. Even if things don’t get so bad, without proper care your grill shall look shabby and chipped, not to mention it will compromise the quality of your food.
Wipe down your grill every now and then. If it is a coal BBQ then ensure you empty the tray and clear any ash deposits. You want the grates to be cleaned before each use. When it comes to porcelain-coated materials, ensure you use the right liquid to clean it. 1/2 cup of baking soda with 1/2 a cup of water works best.
If you have burners then cleaning burners is slightly different. Here’s how to clean burners to ensure the best BBQ grill in UAE remains spick and span for the years to come.
Firstly, remove the burner from the grill after unscrewing or lifting the necessary parts. Secondly, use a grill brush or stainless steel scrubber to clean any attached debris. Ensure you do not add any liquid or cleaner to it. Next, take something with a sharp tip and clear the gas holes that surround the burner. Do this carefully so as to not damage the burner or push debris in. Further, you can lift and shake the burner to ensure any leftover debris comes out which may be in the tube. Then reinstall your burner in a reverse manner.
There you have it, a complete guide to finding and maintaining the best BBQ grill in UAE