The best Android TV Box is a good alternative to your smart TV. Light on your pocket and provides you with every feature of that of a Smart TV. Furthermore, brands like NVIDIA, Google, Apple, Xiaomi and many more have made that possible. We’ve done all the required research so you can save your time on 48+ hours of research. Choose and bring home the best one for you.
Best Android TV Box – Quick List
|TV Box||Storage||Connectivity||Check Price|
|NVIDIA SHIELD||16GB||Bluetooth, USB, HDMI||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Xiaomi Mi||8GB||Bluetooth, USB, HDMI||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Ruko Premiere||–||HDMI, USB||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Google Chromecast||–||HDMI, USB||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Apple||32GB||Bluetooth, HDMI||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Nano Classic||32GB||Bluetooth, HDMI||Price on Amazon.ae|
Key Features of an Android TV Box for UAE
If you didn’t already know the best Android TV box is one such device which can turn your TV into a smart TV. The functioning is in such a way that it works with the help of an operating system to provide you with all the features of that of a smart TV. This TV box functions like your smartphone with apps and other features. So, in order to have the best of everything you must make sure that the best android TV box has a few features to ensure and help you get nothing but the best.
This allows you to get the best surround sound functionality at the comfort of your home. As this system uses six speakers to ensure you the best and crips audio. So, why settle for anything lesser.
H.265 Hardware Decoding
Sometimes also referred to as HEVC (high-efficiency video coding). This technology is good for your TV which would be streaming high-quality videos. This basically decodes encoded upstream videos for you to view them as it is.
Highest possible Android OS version
Since this box works with the help of Android OS it is like your smartphone. Where you have to update your system to get better features and smooth working of the TV box.
Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching
This is the speed on which your content refreshes and switches without any glitch or causing any lag. This would depend on the content displayed on the screen. Your device should have a wide range so it doesn’t interfere with the functioning.
Connectivity HDMI 2.0 & USB 3.0
Connectivity is an important aspect of any device. Because of this, you have the available option for a variety of content. The latest being the HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 technology which allows faster transfer rates.
Dual-Band Wi-Fi and\or Gigabit Ethernet
These are the fastest available technology to connect to the web. Since the internet is one of the aspects to look into while purchasing the best Android TV box. A dual-band Wi-Fi or Gigabit Ethernet would be best to allow you with seamless content.
Adequate RAM and Internal Storage
Internal memory is where you would be storing your apps into the TV box and RAM would be the random excess memory that you would use call up and hold data temporarily.
The latest version of Kodi
Kodi is a media player. With the help of which you can stream and play any content, you would like. The latest version of Kodi would allow you to have a better viewing experience.
Rank 1: NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Design: The perfect addition piece to your entertainment set. As it is designed keeping in mind your demanding needs to have the best. Including 2 USB 3.0 ports and the device being small doesn’t hold back on it RAM and the large storage space.
- Entertainment: Furthermore with this Android TV box you can have non-stop entertainment. Since you have access to any content and every app to keep you busy. Stream right from Netflix, Youtube and many more.
- You can connect a game controller and play any game on it as well. So you are not limited to just streaming online content.
- Moreover, with this device, you can even Chromecast 4K content from your phone straight to your TV screen. You name it you can have it.
- Technology: With the help of the new NVIDIA Tegra X1+ chip to ensure you have the best viewing 4K experience. With never before more crips visuals and upscaling technology.
- Dolby: For the best home theatre experience you have Dolby Vision HDR with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus. All this just so you have the best surround sound and vivid picture quality to wow your mind.
- Capacity: This Nvidia Shield TV box allows you to have a storage capacity of up to 16 GB whereas the RAM is around 3GB. While allowing swift usage of multiple apps.
- Controls: With the build-in control of Google Assistance you can talk and command your TV to do what you would like. That’s not it, you can even control your SHIELD with your Google Home, Alexa or Echo. You even have Bluetooth connectivity to it.
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 15.9 x 9.8 cms is compact and small enough to fit in any place without too much of hassle.
- Price: Get this NVIDIA SHIELD at the cost of AED 1200.
Rank 2: Xiaomi Mi Box
Model: M19E (MDZ-22-AB)
- Technology: This box has features like 4K, HDR technology allowing you with 60fps playbacks for lifelike viewing experience. Furthermore making all this possible is the Dolby and DTS to give you the perfect voice clarity.
- Battery: For the working of this box you need 1 CR123A battery. One of which is included with the box.
- Entertainment: Built with Android 8.1 for fast and better performance for you and your loved ones to stay entertained with all the available content and variety of apps to keep busy with.
- Furthermore, you have Chromecast and screen mirroring for any device. Right from tablets to phone to laptops.
- Control: Google Assistance is the way you can control this box. You can summon content and even talk to your TV box as it uses voice recognition.
- Capacity: Moreover to give you a powerful performance and storage this device has been equipped with 2GB RAM and 8GB storage. So, you can use the device without any restrictions.
- Connectivity: You can very easily connect this box to any external portable disk with the help of its Bluetooth 4.1 version and WiFi. So, you can download and transfer games, apps and any other content easily.
- Dimensions: In case the size of this box is your concern than not to fear as it is just 9.5 x 9.5 x 1.7 cms. So, transportation (if needed) and storage space is simple and easy.
- Price: This Xiaomi Mi Box cost approximately AED 190.
Rank 3: Roku Premiere
Model: Roku Premiere 3920R
- Technology: This TV box helps you stream into any content in HD, 4K Ultra HD or HDR easily. With DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI you can expect nothing but the best.
- Control: The controlling of the TV is as easy as talking. Since voice recognition is one of the ways in which you can control the TV. Therefore, this TV box works with the help of Google Assitance and Alexa. Furthermore, You can even use the remote for added ease. Especially as you can control the TV box with the help of the Roku mobile app as well.
- Entertainment: You can never be bored with the 1000+ movies and TV shows too on this Tv. Since you can assess any app with the Roku TV box.
- Moreover, you can have free access to the special Roku TV channel for no added cost at all.
- Power: The overall TV Box works with the help of the power of the TV just connect it to your TV and you are good to go. But the remote control works with 2 AA batteries so make sure to have a few stocked in case.
- Connectivity: Furthermore you have the option to choose to use the provided HDMI 2.0a cable or micro-USB cable to transfer files and apps as fast as possible. Besides this, for added efficiency, you need to connect your TV box to the Wi-Fi so that you can get all the features of the smart TV.
- Dimensions: Yes, this small box of 8.4 x 3.6 x 1.8 cms can do the task of converting your regular TV into a smart TV by just connecting it to it.
- Price: The approximate cost of this TV box is around AED 270.
Rank 4: Google Chromecast 3
- Functioning: This Google Chromecast streams content from apps from your phone straight to your TV with the help of Chromecast. All you have to do is connect the Chromecast to your TV.
- Technology: Mirror and screencast any content from any phone onto your TV for non-stop viewing content.
- Entertainment: Anything and every app which you can use on your phone can be cast on to your TV. So, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Spotify and even games can be cast on to your now smart TV.
- Connectivity: With the help of an HDMI port you can connect this device to your TV. Furthermore, you only need Wi-Fi or any internet connection and mobile device to Chromecast from. And while you cast you can even use your phone normally.
- Control: Allowing you to have hands-free control this Google device supports voice recognition. Therefore works with the help of Google Nest speakers and Chromecast together to give you the selected content.
- Dimensions: Taking up to no place as you would just have to plug it in the TV. This device has a product dimension of 5.8 x 1.4 x 5.8 cms.
- Price: All you would have to spend on this device is around AED 130.
Rank 5: Apple TV Box
- Technology: Providing you with 1080p picture quality you so can not miss any second of the video you watch. And Dolby Digital Plus 7 for the best surround sound option available for the clearest sound. All these features so you have the theatre experience at home.
- Entertainment: Watching and play games, movie and use any app you wish. Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu and many other apps to stream content from.
- In addition to that, you will never have a dull day anymore as you have a dedicated app store as well. And that’s not it, as you have the Apple’s own digital video option as well.
- Controls: Navigation has been made easier with the assistance of Siri to sort through content and features of this Apple TV Box. Furthermore, you have the option of remote control which has a touchpad which lets you have seamless swiping.
- Connectivity: Moreover you can use the Bluetooth 4.0 option to connect Airpods or headphones to it for audio. Or have an external speaker attached to it. And even use the remote control of the TV for gaming. As it has Bluetooth which can sense motion for when you are playing games on the TV.
- Capacity: This TV box has a huge memory storage of 32 GB storage. So you can use and have a tonne of apps on this Tv without having any space constraints.
- Dimensions: This Apple TV box has dimensions of 16.5 x 13.5 x 6.6 cm which is slim enough to slide anywhere into any space. So, you will not have space constraints because of this device.
- Price: The Apple TV box would cost you around AED 610 only.
Rank 6: Nano Classic
Model: Pendoo TX6 4G+32G
- Technology: Equipped with the latest Android 9.0 operating system which lets you have 4K video clarity. Therefore you will no longer have any lag in the interface. Giving you the best user experience you can have.
- Connectivity: Enabled with USB 3.0 which is faster than any other and can transfer larger content within a few seconds. And an HDMI cable too is included in the pack. and most importantly you have the best Wi-Fi (2.4G+5G) and Ethernet ( RJ45 Ethernet port of 100M) to let you have the best experience.
- Entertainment: Moreover with this TV box you have a wider variety of options to select and downloads apps. Therefore you have everything, right from streaming apps to games to social media. You can do it all with this device.
- Capacity: To ensure you no delay or lag of operation you have a 4GB RAM for the device and for the storage you have about 32 GB od ROM available as well. So, you will no longer have any random crashing and glitching because of lack of memory space.
- Control: Moreover, besides the obvious remote controlling you can even have an air mouse for gaming as well.
- Dimensions: With dimensions of 10.5 x 10.5 x 2.5 cms this TV box will blow your mind with all the features it lets you have.
- Price: For this device, you will have to pay about AED 150 only.
What is Kodi and Why it’s Great
Kodi is basically a media player to stream videos and music. Moreover, it allows you to have a way of storing and watching content later on as well. This software is open-sourced which means it is a free software. This software can be used on any device and nit just your TV. Furthermore, Kodi comes with its own interface for operation. Besides this, Kodi works with ISO, 3D, and H.264 enabling you to stream content from any online source as well. Moreover, you can use Kodi on any operating system be it Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, Windows, and Raspberry Pi. But that doesn’t stop there you can use it on set-top boxes, streaming devices and Xbox One. Making it completely versatile to use on any device without causing any problems.
Besides the versatility of the software, this software is a preferred player because it supports almost any and every format be it audio formats or video formate. It supports them all. Kodi has very fewer limitations to it. It has the ability to completely replace your TV cable connection as it has the ability to stream and record live TV. Besides, why wouldn’t you download and save content if you could? And this handy software does it all for you. What’s the cherry on the top of this all is that this software isn’t hard to install and operate as well. And where like you would on Chrome you can add extensions or add-on to better the already great features of Kodi.
Lastly, why you should opt for Kodi software over any other would because Kodi blends with your existing interface. And therefore it can be controlled with about just any remote. Even if it is your TV remote there is a good chance you will have no problem with the controls. Therefore, Kodi is definitely a yes, for the best android TV box. It is safe and legal too everything which you would think is too good to be true.
Android TV Box FAQs
Here are a few answers to the queries most asked about the best Android TV box.
Actually both the smart TV and an Android TV box are one and the same. They both have similar features which allow you to stream content directly from the net. The only difference between the two is that smart TV already has the features of the streaming in-built. Whereas the Android TV box is an external device which let you turn a normal TV into a smart TV. Therefore if you already own a smart Tv you don’t need a TV box. But if you don’t then the TV box would be a cheap and convenient way to upgrade your TV.
For you to not have constant buffering or lag in the content you need to have a good internet connection. Therefore for a smart TV to work effectively and smoothly you would require the internet speed of at least 2 MB/per second for standard content. Whereas if you stream HD content then you would require 4 MB/per second. And this connection should be continuous as well. It is mostly prefered for you to use ethernet while using a TV box or smart TV but Wi-Fi too works just fine.
Yes, you can install apps on your Android TV box. It is as simple as installing apps on your mobile phone or any other device. Since this box actually converts your Tv to a smart Tv. Therefore it lets you use Google Play Store or Apple store according to the operating system. From where you can download and install any app you wish to.
Yes, it is possible to install and play games on your Android TV box. Just like your smart TV, you can play any game on with the help of your TV box on your normal TV. You will have to make sure the TV is connected to your Android TV box and later you can connect your gaming controller or air-mouse. And play your game. If at all you can’t really play on your TV then this can be used as a bigger screen to your phone by screencasting it.
More in Less
Being up to date with all the upgrading technology can be expensive. And sometimes the price can hold you back from having the best. But with the Android TV box, this has made it easier to turn your normal good conditioned TV into a smart TV. Only by connecting it to the TV. Making it much lighter on your pocket then purchasing yourself a brand new Smart TV altogether. So, you can now not worry about lagging behind from the world without a Smart TV. Making the most of less. But either way, if you change your mind and want a smart TV. You can check out the best television in UAE.