Make 2021 your year with the best air purifiers in Dubai by keeping away unwanted respiratory-related issues. Wake up every morning and rest assure that the air you breathe is clean thus putting you in the right mood for the day. Therefore, trustworthy brands like Xiaomi, Dyson, Philips and more all have good air purifiers to suit just your needs. Since with the help of some of the best air purifiers in Dubai you can curb down your allergies, asthma as well as any other breathing problems you might face. All the while keeping breathing problems and pollution at bay with just an air purifier. Which have special features and types all at a good price range.
Related: Best Air Purifier in Saudi Arabia
Best Air Purifiers in Dubai – Quick List
|Air Purifier||Type of Filter||Clean Air Delivery |
|Xiaomi Smart Air Purifier||HEPA Filter||406 m3/h||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier||HEPA Filter||NA||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Blue Classic 203 Air Purifier||HEPA Filter||263 m3/h||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Levoit Air Purifiers Core 300||HEPA & Carbon||187m3/h||Price on Amazon.ae|
|iDeer Air Purifier||HEPA & Carbon||95m3/h||Price on Amazon.ae|
|Philips Air Purifier 1000 series||HEPA Filter||270 m3/h||Price on Amazon.ae|
Types of Air Purifiers
Before you see some of the best air purifiers in Dubai, you should know the different types available. Below lie the types of air purifiers along with their description in detail. Ensure you read them all. This will help you in identifying the benefits and the places they are suitable for use.
UV Air Purifier
Are you aware of the fact that UV light creates a healthy atmosphere inside your home? Yes, it can. From killing the bacteria in the air to eliminating the other harmful pathogens. UV air purifiers use electromagnetic radiation to the maximum for killing the bacteria in the air. Additionally, they handle home issues that are caused by viruses, yeast and mould.
However, they are unable to tackle dust, solids, and allergens that float through the air. Besides this, they can’t clear chemical fumes, gases, and cigarette smoke. Hence, many people use UV air purifiers in conjunction with other types of air purifiers. This ensures that it covers the entire spectrum. Make sure you purchase a high-quality UV air purifier. This is because low-quality air purifiers produce ozone which is very hazardous.
Ionic Air Purifier
Using an ionic air purifier is a new modern way of purifying the air. These devices are constructed around ion generators. The ionic generator sends a steady source of negatively charged ions. They attract airborne dust, debris, and allergen particles with a positive charge. The exchange between these particles and ions modifies them until they are heavy enough. These particles fall on the floor as they become too heavy to stay airborne. Thus enabling you to sweep them or vacuum them easily. Since it can do all of these, consider this as one of the best air purifiers in Dubai.
The majority prefer ionic air purifiers since they wipe off second-hand smoke effectively. In addition to the various benefits offered by ionic air purifiers, they are also quite affordable. However, ionic air purifiers produce ozone as a byproduct. Ozone is very dangerous to inhale. When inhaled, ozone damages the lungs. Inhaling relatively low amounts of ozone can cause chest pain, cough, shortness of breath, and throat irritation. In order to avoid these problems, you should purchase a high-quality ionic air purifier. Therefore, the brand, features and quality of the best ionic air purifiers in Dubai plays a major role.
The carbon filter or in other words “activated carbon filter” keeps the home healthier and cleaner. This filter is usually in a granular form, although sometimes produced as a powdered block. It is made very porous as it is the activated carbon. A single gram of it should have a surface area of 500 square meters or more. The filter absorbs a large number of contaminants and allergens over a larger surface area. It is also compact in size.
The process of “adsorption” enables the carbon filter to carry out the work. Adsorption occurs when a chemical reaction occurs. The chemical reaction between the organic compounds and the activated carbon causes them to stick. Additionally, they are extremely efficient at trapping and removing mild spores and pet hair. Moreover, it helps in the removal of smoke, VOC’s, lint, common household chemicals and dust too. Carbon air purifiers are used in conjunction with HEPA air purifiers, although they have many benefits.
Ozone Air Purifier
Without the ozone layer, you could fall victim to the harsh ultraviolet rays of the sun. Therefore, ozone is an important feature of the Earth’s atmosphere. Many air purifiers use ozone. This protects residential homes from various types of contaminants present in the air. Ozone air purifiers work by effectively pumping ozone into the indoor air. Iron will rust if it is exposed to Ozone. As a matter of fact, ozone oxidises anything that it comes in contact with.
An ozone air purifier proves to be effective while killing mildew and mould at home. It contributes especially during the monsoons and floods to eliminate the foul odours too. Now, coming to the cons of ozone air purifiers. There are an increasing number of health issues over the years due to ozone. Although it’s essential to the living organisms on Earth, it becomes a pollutant if not confined to the atmosphere. Since ozone has the ability of oxidising, the pets at home are at danger. Hence, Ozone air purifiers should be restricted for emergency purposes and commercial reasons.
HEPA Air Purifier
These air purifiers are suitable for use in residential homes, beauty salons and hospitals. HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting) is gaining a lot of popularity in these recent years. HEPA filters use 3 separate components for trapping tiny particles in the air. The 1st filtration element intercepts the particles out of the atmosphere.
Further, the process of impaction removes the larger particles. The particles can’t take a new direction after the particles are slammed into the filter. As a result of getting embedded in the filter. Due to the diffusion method, the flight pattern of the particles is interrupted. Hence, it makes interception and impaction easier. HEPA air purifiers are thus said to be the best option.
Let’s dive into some of the best air purifiers in Dubai for purifying your home and improving your health. Without a doubt, opt for one of these depending upon the features and budget you’re looking out for.
Rank 1: Xiaomi Mi Smart Air Purifier Pro
This product can be considered as one of the best air purifiers in Dubai as it consists of almost all the features.
- Triple-filter Protection: The 360 degrees cylindrical filter takes the air in more efficiently from every direction. It proves effective compared to conventional air purifiers. Additionally, it filters out over 99% particles, both small as well as large. It achieves this by using an H11 grade high-density HEPA filter. An activated coconut carbon filter removes 91% of formaldehyde and other harmful substances.
- Dual Fan System, 4 Independent Air Ducts: The Mi air purifier uses 2 high-performance fans. It takes in and expels air upwards through 4 independent air ducts. Clean air spirals up towards the ceiling, circulating 360 degrees celsius in all directions. This fills the room before being drawn back into the purifier.
- Monitor Air Quality at a Glance: You can use your phone as a remote to power on, power off, and switch modes. The Mi Home App enables you to monitor the home air quality from your phone at any time. It offers recommendations that prompt you when to close windows or whether to leave them open depending upon the air quality outside.
- High-speed Mode: This air purifier takes only 12 minutes to fully purify the air in a room at its maximum setting.
- Night Mode: The night mode enables the Mi air purifier to run quietly in the background. Thereby, allowing you to enjoy clean air while you sleep.
- Price: The Xiaomi Mi Smart Air Purifier Pro is available for approximately AED 590.
Rank 2: Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier
- Clean and Fresh Air: The Dyson air purifier has a 360 degrees vacuum-sealed HEPA filter that removes 99.95% of allergens and pollutants present in the air. Hence, it enables you to breathe clean and fresh air.
- Year-Round Purification and Circulation: Along with the benefits of Dyson’s air multiplier technology, this air purifier gets rid of the finest particles. This helps you breathe in a healthy environment. Additionally, it incorporates a layer of activated carbon granules that eliminate odours and potentially harmful toxins.
- High-End Technology: The built-in sleep timer can be set for up to 9 hours. Further, it comes along with a remote control that comprises of 10 precise airflow settings. This can be magnetically attached to the fan when not in use.
- Price: The Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier is available for around AED 2,090.
Rank 3: Blueair Classic Air Purifier
- Countdown to Change: The Blueair Slim air purifier has a magnet timer that alerts you to replace the worn-out filter. Moreover, filter replacement enhances the effectiveness of the air purifier.
- HEPA Silent Technology: Blueair’s HEPA silent technology merges the best features of electrostatic and mechanical filter technology. This delivers clean air with less noise. Besides this, it’s low power usage minimizes energy consumption.
- Compact and Portable: This air purifier is lightweight in construction and you can move it around without any hassle. Further, it fits easily even in the smallest rooms. Additionally, the compact fan design and the huge filter surface remove allergens and asthma triggers from your home.
- Price: Blueair Classic air purifier is available for around AED 1,200.
Rank 4: Levoit Air Purifiers Core 300
- Performance: You can ensure that you have good performance and have crisp clean air at all times. This is all possible with Vortexair Technology. Which helps in creating the needed airflow for the area. Thus, covering up to 40 m²/ 431 ft² of purifying space effectively.
- Filteration process: To ensure your air is clean this air purifier filters the air with the help of 3 filters. Namely, the ultra-fine pre-filter, H13 True HEPA filter and activated carbon filter. Therefore ensuring that the filters trap at least 99.97% particles. This includes pollen, dust mites, mould spores, pet dander, smoke.
- Warranty: With the purchase of this product you have a 2-year warranty from the brand as well as a lifetime of support.
- Night Mode: Have an uninterrupted night’s sleep with this device since while it is on you will not even feel it’s presence. Firstly, because it has around 24dB of sound which is close to nothing. And secondly, you have an option to turn off the lights on the filter so you can rest up well without any interruptions.
- Environment Safe: Since the use of UV/Ion lights in the air purification is harmful to the environment with the ozone gas emission. This purifier ensures that you have a 100% ozone free and other harmful environmental hazards out of the question.
- Speeds: While using this filter you have the option to choose from three fan speeds to cover rooms up to 215 Sq. ft.
- Price: This Levoit Air Purifier is available at around AED 500.
Rank 5: iDeer Air Purifier
- Performance: With this iDeer Filter you can effectively improve the quality of air. Thus, leaving your indoors as fresh as the outdoors. Besides that this filter works best for small to medium room space. Including a working studio, office, kitchen, bedroom, baby room and pet room.
- Filters: Triple filter feature ensures that the air in your home is clean and crisp. For that, the True HEPA, High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filters are in place. The Carbon takes away any stench and smoke. As for the HEPA filter filters out the contaminants from the air.
- Sound: Have a relaxed and quiet day, as well as night as the sound produced with this purifier, is within the range of 25dB to 40dB. Making it a quite background working gadget without interfering with your daily life.
- Night Mode: Besides that, when you turn on the sleep mode the sound is reduced to below 25dB. Furthermore, the sleep mood allows you with 2 options that with light to see in the evenings and also no light option. Therefore, allowing you to have a sound sleep.
- Speed: The design of this filter is such that you can adjust the fan speeds up to 3 levels – low, medium or high. The speed would rely on your room and the air condition.
- Filter Reminder: This handy feature notifies you to let you know when it is time for you to change the filters. Although you have to change it at the most every six months this feature will remind you of this.
- Price: The iDeer air purifier is available for AED 270.
Rank 6: Philips Air Purifier
- Quiet Protection: The night sensing mode of this Philips air purifier is specially designed for your bedroom. It constantly monitors your bedroom air quality while delivering clean air when you sleep. Moreover, the night sensing mode enables the air purifier to perform quietly which in turn allows your family to sleep better.
- Exceptional Air Delivery Rate: Vitalshield IPS along with the NanoProtect Pro Filter and aerodynamic design provides an exceptional air delivery rate. The Philips Series 1000 air purifier can remove ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 um. Besides this, it filters out harmful gases such as TVOC and formaldehyde.
- Air Protect Alert: The healthy “air protect alert” indicates you when it is time to replace the filter. This air purifier stops functioning if you don’t replace the filter promptly. Hence, you don’t have to worry about ineffective purification.
- Colour Ring on the Dashboard: The blue colour in the colour ring indicates good particles and allergen levels. Similarly, the red colour indicates bad allergen and particle levels.
- Price: Philips Series 1000 Air Purifier is available for approximately for AED 1,050.
Personal Air Purifier: Trend of 2021
A personal air purifier is the same as a regular air purifier the only difference is that, not only are they comparatively cheaper but also have slightly different features. That is, the best personal air purifiers in Dubai can be portable for you to carry around with you. And not to forget since they consume lesser energy they are long-lasting. Generally, these personal air purifiers are of two types- tabletop and portable/ wearable purifiers. Therefore read on to know which one would suit you.
Table-top Air Purifier:
- Performance Range: Since it is a personal tabletop filter, it covers a lesser area as compared to a normal filter. Thus making it suitable for small rooms up to 161 ft²/15 m².
- Filter: The filtration process comprises of a 3 step filtration. The Charcoal Foam Pre-filter, True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter. Which is sure enough to clean the air and get rid of any dust or smell.
- Night Mode: Once you activate the night mode you can experience soundless soft breeze. Allowing you to have a fresh breath without any disturbance to your environment. As this purifier has the lowest sound at 32dB.
- Furthermore, you have no lights given from the device which could disturb your sleep.
- Design: The design of this gadget is that it lets you fit it perfectly to your desk or table. Furthermore, you can easily move it around as well without any hassle.
- Besides that, you have the blue panel fitted to the front which allows the air to gently circulate and not be focused in one area.
- Speed: A fitted dial lets you adjust the speed of this device up to three levels.
- Filter Change: You have a handy feature which lets you mark when you last changed the filter so you can keep track and change it every six months.
- Price: Get this personal filter at the approximate price of AED 300.
Wearable Air Purifier:
- Performance: You no longer have to be a second-hand smoker neither you have to smell the city smoke anymore with this air purifying necklace. Thus letting you have a fresh breath of air anywhere in or outside your home.
- Benefits: The release of the negative ions from this device ensure that you boost your metabolism by improving any lung function, relieving tiredness and even improving your sleep.
- Purifying Process: This purifier does not use any filters to purifier the air. In fact, it uses Negative Ions that gets rid of dust, smoke, pet dander and any other particles in the air.
- Performance Range: While you wear this device even on your hand you can make sure that you still will have fresh air. Since the range covered by this device is around 10m².
- Battery: Since this device uses battery it can be recharged with the help of a USB charger. Besides this, you can charge your device within 90 minutes. And the usage time is approximately 3 hours.
- Silent Functioning: While you wear this you will not even feel it’s presence. Because the device makes little to no sound at all (below 30dB).
- Portability: This small and wearable device can be worn by you as a necklace with the strap included in the pack. And since it is light weighted (56g) you will not even find it as a burden to carry around with you.
- Price: Available for almost AED 100.
Air Purifier FAQs
No, normal air purifiers can’t cool the room as they don’t have a cooling unit. On the other hand, some air purifiers that have a fan may cool a room only minimally. This is because they don’t generate sufficient airflow. Neither do they contain a cooling unit that can cool an entire room. As a matter of fact, air purifiers are designed to clean (purify) the air and not cool the air.
Yes. Some air purifiers consist of washable filters. Fortunately, you can buy these as they are not that expensive. Moreover, these air purifiers with washable filters are reusable. You can use them until the life of the product. Simply wash it with soap and water to remove the collected contaminants. Hence these filters don’t have to be replaced. There’s no cost for upkeep, once you purchase an air purifier.
The life span of the filters that remove contaminants from the air is critically important. The filter life of an air purifier depends upon a variety of factors. These include filter type, size and usage. Many large HEPA filters can last for 5 years under the right conditions. However, in places with larger amounts of particulate matter in the air, 2-3 years is more realistic. On the other hand, the average lifespan of carbon filters is generally 3 to 5 years.
Some air purifiers get rid of odours, while some don’t. An activated carbon filter is necessary for getting rid of odours. It’s able to do so because it has a large surface area per unit volume. Hence, ensure that the air purifier you purchase includes an activated carbon filter. Without this filter, the product won’t be very effective in removing odours. Moreover, activated carbon is excellent at removing smells that are caused by smoke, chemicals, cooking and gases.
Air purifiers are very effective in providing relief to patients suffering from asthma. A good quality air purifier will help you to breathe better. Additionally, if one or more of your family members smoke, then an air purifier is a must. The reason being that second-hand smoke always worsens asthma symptoms. Besides this, they can capture allergens from carpets too. Moreover, an air purifier can help you completely with your allergies. Yes, it can trap all the potential airborne allergens inside it. It is recommended to purchase an air purifier with a HEPA filter. The reason is that it is highly effective in removing even the smallest of pollutants.
Yes. An air purifier is capable of cleaning pet hair, but only when it’s floating in the air. The reason it can do this is because of its HEPA filter. Using an air purifier will greatly reduce the amount of pet hair and pet dander. However, it can’t clean pet hair and pet dander from surfaces. You don’t have to worry about contaminants with sizes of less than 0.3 microns. This is because it can trap all of this easily within the air filter.
Breathe Clean! Stay Healthy!
As the saying goes “HEALTH IS WEALTH”. You have seen how purchasing one of the best air purifiers in Dubai can benefit you. Breathe pollution-free air in the long run. Ensure you purchase the type of air purifier in Dubai that suits your home and requirements. I hope the detailed description above helped you with the same. Further, the technologies they possess should also match your requirements. Lastly, select one that fits your budget, but never compromise on quality. Your health is in your hands. Hence, purchasing one of the best air purifiers in Dubai will benefit you in the long run.
Also, in order to consume safe drinking water, purchase the best water purifier in UAE. This will keep you away from waterborne diseases that result due to drinking contaminated water.