Worried about the air you breathe? With sandstorms every now and then and the rising levels of pollution is worrying you ? Your voice is heard. Air purifier purifies the air in your room and reduces the germ/bacteria content to upto 99.9%. Thus preventing problems like Asthma and allergies and keep you healthy. Here’s a peak to the Best Air purifiers in Saudi Arabia. From Philips , Dyson to Blueair, Beurer, all the leading brands offerings are here for you to carefully review and pick the best one.
|Air Purifier||Type of Filter||Clean Air Delivery Rate ( CADR)||Check Price|
|Philips 2000 Series Air Purifier||HEPA Filter||344 m3/hr||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Dyson Pure Cool TP04||HEPA Filter||N/A||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Blueair iClassic 280i Air Purifier||HEPA Filter||340m3/hr||Price on Amazon.sa|
|Beurer LW110 Air Purifier||No Filter||N/A||Price on Amazon.sa|
Different Types of Air Purifiers
Before you jump into the list of best purifiers in Saudi Arabia, Let’s see the different types of air purifiers available in the market.
The UV Air Purifier
UV light generates a healthy environment inside your home. It kills the bacteria in the air and eliminates harmful pathogens. The UV air purifier uses electromagnetic radiation to purify the environment. It also deals with the issues that are caused by viruses, yeast and mould.
But note that it cannot tackle dust, solids, and allergens that float through the air. Also, it can’t clear chemical fumes, gases, and cigarette smoke. It is always better to use UV air purifiers along with other types of air purifiers, which ensures that it covers the entire spectrum. Ensure you purchase a high-quality UV air purifier as low-quality air purifiers produce ozone which is very hazardous.
The Ionic Air Purifier
This device uses modern technology to purify your surrounding. It is constructed around ion generators which send a steady source of negatively charged ions. This in turn attracts airborne dust, debris, and allergen particles with a positive charge. The trade between these particles and ions modifies them until they are heavy enough to fall on the floor, enabling you to sweep them or vacuum them easily.
It also wipes off second-hand smoke effectively and is quite affordable too. However, the disadvantage of ionic air purifier is that it produces ozone as a byproduct. Ozone is very dangerous and can damage your lungs. To avoid health damage, you must purchase a high-quality ionic air purifier. The brand and quality of the best ionic air purifiers in Saudi Arabia play a major role. So make sure you get the best one only!
Activated Carbon filter
An activated carbon filter helps to create a healthier and cleaner home. It is generally in a granular form. Though, it is sometimes produced as a powdered block. Being very porous, it absorbs a large number of contaminants and allergens over a larger surface area.
The process of “adsorption” enables the carbon filter to carry out the work. Adsorption occurs when a chemical reaction occurs. The chemical reaction between the organic compounds and the activated carbon causes them to stick. Hence, they are extremely efficient at trapping and removing mild spores and pet hair. Furthermore, it helps in the removal of smoke, VOC’s, lint, common household chemicals and dust too. Carbon air purifiers are used in conjunction with HEPA air purifiers
Ozone Air Purifier
As a well-known fact, the ozone layer protects us from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun and is an important element of the Earth’s atmosphere. In the present scenario, most of the air purifiers use ozone which protects our home from various types of contaminants present in the air. An ozone air purifier works by pumping ozone into the indoor air. Note that ozone oxidises anything that it comes in contact with, so iron things can get rusted in it’s presence.
An ozone air purifier is effective against mildew and mould at home. It proves to be the best during the monsoons and floods to eliminate the foul odour. The disadvantages of ozone air purifier are that though Ozone is essential to the living organisms on Earth, it becomes a pollutant if not confined to the atmosphere. For ozone has the ability of oxidising, the pets at home are at danger. Ozone air purifiers should be restricted for emergency purposes and commercial reasons, therefore.
HEPA Air Purifier
For residential homes, beauty salons and hospitals HEPA purifiers proves to be that best. HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filters use 3 separate components for trapping tiny particles in the air, where the 1st filtration element intercepts the particles out of the atmosphere. This purifier has gained a lot of popularity lately.
Speaking more of it, the process of impaction removes the larger particles. Due to this the particles can’t take a new direction once slammed into the filter as a result of getting embedded in the filter. For the diffusion method, the flight pattern of the particles is interrupted, making interception and impaction easier. HEPA air purifier is thus the best option.
Now let’s dive into the list of some of the best air purifiers in Saudi Arabia specially picked to help you. Opt for the one that suits you, keeping your eye on the features.
Rank 1: Philips 2000 Series Air Purifier
Model No: AC2887/90
- AeraSense Technology: With this sensor, it filters finest of particles which are smaller than PM2.5 and also captures the information for future use and adjusts the settings according to the pollution level of Air. It specifies the air quality by showing the levels of PM2.5 .
- Outstanding Air Delivery Rate: the VitalShield IPS technology along with nanofilter provides a clean air delivery rate of 344m3/hr ensuring upto 99% of germ protection and cleaning particles as small as 20nm.
- Different Auto Modes: It has 3 automatic purifying settings: General Mode, Extra Sensitive Allergen Mode and Powerful Bacteria & Virus Mode, thus giving you options for different situations.
- Smart Features: It has the low noise mode for sleep with sound minimal to 20dba as soft as a whisper. Also the light adjustment for your convenience. A perfect choice for a peaceful sleep.
- Price: Available at a price of SAR 1999
Model No: 2724701756551
- Dual Filters: It has two filters, sealed HEPA and activated carbon filters providing protection upto 99.97% from germs and allergens.
- LCD Display: It has a LCD display for showing the Air quality levels sensed automatically upon operation and also has the feasibility to connect to Dyson Link App to check the levels on your phone.
- Special Reach: With the 350 degree oscillation it ensures every nuke and corner of the room is purified.
- Filter Wear Notification: It has a special feature of notifying when the filter is about to wear and needs a replacement or service. Generally the filter once placed last for about 12 months if its used for 12 hours a day on average.
- Price: Its placed at a costlier end of SAR 5499 which is the only roadblock but if you are looking for a high end purifier then this is the pick.
Model No: CLASSIC 280i
- Multiple CADRs: It has different CADRs for different types of air. CADR for smoke is 306m3/hr, CADR for Dust is 340m3/hr and CADR for Pollen is 340m3/hr.
- Air Change Rate: The air changes about 5 times per hour thus ensuring continuous ycle of pure air and removing the dust/pollen and allergens to maximum extent.
- Energy Efficient: It has a low level of energy consumption of about 20-80W.
- WiFi Connectivity: Comaptible with 802.11 b/g/n router on 2.4 GHz WiFi Network Band with network security option of open, WEP, WPA & WPA2.
- Digital Touch Panel: Easy accessibility with the digital control panel and LED Touch buttons enabling the hassle free operation.
- Price: Its available for a reasonable price of SAR 1999.
Rank 4: Beurer LW 110 Air Purifer
Model No: LW 110
- Capacity: It provides a tank of 7.25l is suitable for rooms of about 36m2
- Power and Voltage: 230V and 38W
- 2 in 1 functionality: It acts as both Humidifier and Purifier making it more attractive especially for the price its being offered.
- Non-Replaceable Filter: It gives us no extra burden of replacing the filter all the time because of its unique design of no filter cleaning.
- Eco Friendly Design: It energy efficient and doesn’t need a filter to change to and works at maximum efficiency with multi functionality. It gives you an easier breath with optimal levels of humidity.
- Price: Its very cheap available at a price of SAR 550.
Do air purifiers cool the room?
No, generally air purifiers can’t cool the room for they don’t possess a cooling unit. Though, some air purifiers with a fan may cool your room minimally. As a matter of fact, air purifiers are designed to clean (purify) the air and not cool the air. So rest assured because they are good at doing the job they are programmed for.
Can the air purifier filters be washed?
Yes. Not all but some air purifiers have of washable filters. You can buy these as they are not that expensive. Air purifiers with washable filters are also reusable. Simply wash it with soap and water to remove the collected contaminants and hence it with no cost for upkeep, once you purchase an air purifier.
How long does air purifier filter last?
The life span of the filters that remove contaminants from the air is critically important and depends upon a variety of factors like filter type, size and usage. Many large HEPA filters can last for 5 years under the right conditions. However, in places with more air pollution, 2-3 years is more realistic. On the other hand, the average lifespan of carbon filters is generally 3 to 5 years.
Can an air purifier be useful for odours?
Air purifiers with an activated carbon filter can get rid of odours but not all. So ensure that the air purifier you purchase includes an activated carbon filter. Without this filter, the product won’t be able to remove odours effectively. Furthermore, activated carbon is excellent at removing smells of smoke, chemicals, cooking and gases.
Are air purifiers useful for asthma and allergy patients?
Yes indeed. A good quality air purifier will help you to breathe better, especially if one or more of your family members smoke as second-hand smoke always worsens asthma symptoms. Moreover, they can capture allergens from carpets too. So yes, it can trap all the potential airborne allergens inside it. Also, it is recommended to purchase an air purifier with a HEPA filter as it is very effective in removing even the smallest of pollutants.
Can an air purifier clean pet hair?
Yes, an air purifier is capable of cleaning pet hair, but only when it’s floating in the air. Using the HEPA filter, an air purifier can reduce the amount of pet hair and pet dander. However, it can’t clean pet hair and pet dander from surfaces. As it can trap all of this easily within the air filter, you don’t have to worry about contaminants with sizes of less than 0.3 microns.
Be Aware of the Air You Breath!
We all are aware of the saying ‘Health is Wealth’. Now, I hope that you are convinced of how important it is to get an air purifier in this polluted world. And when planning to get one, do not settle for anything less than the best. Consider all the technologies that it should have as per your need and in your budget. However, do not compromise with the quality for the sake of your health.
You can also check some of the best air humidifiers in Saudi Arabia here.