What if I tell you that you can stay healthy without compromising on tasty food? Yes, this is possible if you purchase the best air fryer in UAE since it uses very little or absolutely no oil at all to fry and cook food items. Now you’ll be stuck with the issue of which brand to opt for? Don’t fret, we have your back as we have spent more than three days researching through various home appliance websites to find the top brands. We came to the conclusion that Nutribullet, MOOSOO, Philips and Black+Decker stand out from the rest due to their immense features, technologies, and quality. Also, we have included a few more brands that top the list and suit your requirements and budget.
Related: Best Air Fryer in Saudi Arabia
Read through to know more about the working of an air fryer, its benefits, what you can and what you can’t cook in an air fryer, and factors to consider before making your purchase. As well as some frequently asked questions to clear your doubts and usage tips. Bring home the best air fryer in UAE today and stay fit and healthy while you eat your favourite fried food.
Best Air Fryer in UAE – Quick List
|Air Fryer||Size||Power||Check Price|
|Nutribullet Nutricook||5.5L||1700 watts||Check Price on Amazon|
|MOOSOO Electric||5.5L||1800 watts||Check Price on Amazon|
|Philips Advance Collection||1.4Kg/7.3L||2200 watts||Check Price on Amazon|
|Black+Decker||4L||1500 watts||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pro Breeze XL||5.5L||1800 watts||Check Price on Amazon|
|Tefal||0.8Kg||1450 watts||Check Price on Amazon|
What is an Air Fryer? And How Does it Work?
The best air fryer in UAE cooks the food by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. A mechanical fan circulates the hot air around the food at high speed, cooking the food and producing a crispy layer. So you are frying food in a healthier manner. The fried food will have the same appearance and same taste as of deep-fried food as it uses hot air.
Air fryers use very little oil and in some cases no oil at all. It does give you satisfying results in a short period of time. Instead of a large amount of oil used in frying, you need only 10% of oil in an air fryer. Sounds interesting right? Rapid Air Technology is the patented technology that forms the working premise of the Air fryers. They use circulating hot air to cook food otherwise submerged in oil. The cooking chamber of the air fryer radiates heat from a heating element near the food, thus cooking it more efficiently.
A fan circulates hot air around the food and cooks it well, consider when choosing slice thickness. The opening at the top is used to take air in and there is an exhaust at the back that controls the temperature by releasing any undesired hot air.
Benefits of an Air Fryer
- Healthier than Deep Frying: As discussed above, the best air fryer in UAE is a healthy and useful kitchen appliance as it uses very little or no oil at all. This directly implies fewer health problems, low fats, and fewer calories.
- Fast Cooking and Easy to Use: We don’t get much time to cook these days. Air Fryer is a fast and efficient alternative. Not only for the purpose of frying but can be used for grilling, baking and roasting too.
- Faster than ovens it takes only a couple of minutes to prepare air-fried meals.
- The best part, you don’t need to be an expert in electronics or cooking. You can just place your food in the fryer basket, place the basket in the fryer, press a couple of buttons, adjust the knob and there you go.
- Your food is ready in a few minutes and this appliance just shuts down right after.
- Keeps your Kitchen Clean: No messy cleanups after your cooking session. The reason behind this is that air fryers require very less oil or no oil at all.
- This valuable air fryer is enclosed so there cannot be any splatter unlike using a frying pan.
- The fry basket is proved to be dishwasher friendly and the entire system is non-stick and therefore all this put together makes it a very clean process.
- Safer than Deep Frying: You don’t have to fear oil splatters, there are no flames. Avoid the risk of kitchen fires and damage caused due to short circuitry. Most air fryers are equipped with an auto-shut feature, which means that it will turn off even if you forget.
Things to Watch Out for When Buying an Air Fryer:
- Size: Firstly, consider the size of your family. Next account for the space available, on the kitchen counter or where you see fit. The food basket capacity varies, some air fryer machines can accommodate larger portions while some cannot. If your family consists of 5 people or more get a slightly bigger one. You don’t have to worry as air fryers come in various sizes. Ranging from small to big, you will find one to fit in your kitchen.
- Ease of Cleaning: An air fryer is enclosed so there cannot be any splatter unlike using a frying pan. The fry basket is dishwasher friendly and the entire system is non-stick. All this contributes to a simple cleaning process saving you time and effort.
- Various Temperature Controls Available: Different foods need different temperatures to cook. So while selecting an air fryer, consider a digital one. Digital air fryers offer you a wide range of temperature levels to accommodate any type of food. It is important to go for an air fryer with maximum temperature and not one that has an indefinite temperature increase. The best air fryer in UAE is most likely a digital one over a manual one based on its ease of operation.
- Timer: An automatic timer is one of the best options available in this appliance. A timer adds to the safety of the appliance and you need not worry about the food burning. This stands true even if you forget to switch it off. A lovely and clear display of the control system is definitely useful and help adjust the timing.
Scroll below to find the best air fryers in UAE ranked 1 to 6. Choose the one that fits your needs.
- Premium Non-stick Square Basket: One of the biggest benefits of this air fryer is its square basket. The space available in this square basket is more usable for putting food compared to the round design basket of other air fryers. Besides being a non-stick coated square basket, it is also BPA-free, PFOA-free and also dishwasher-safe.
- Aesthetics: Being remarkably elegant, this Nutricook air fryer features a premium brushed stainless steel finish. Moreover, it is slim and compact enough to fit on any countertop.
- Perfect Crisp System + 360 Degree Circulation Technology: This system and technology work together to prepare everything crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. So your food items are crispier, healthier and quicker to prepare in this air fryer.
- Capacity: This 5.5-litre rapid air fryer is ideal for 3-5 people. As you have seen above that the square basket offers more space for food items. The more the capacity, the better always.
- Included Components: Along with the air fryer comes an air fryer basket, air fryer basket drawer and user guide.
- One-touch Presets: On the LCD panel, once you decide what you want to eat, simply hit one of the 8 one-touch presets in order to obtain food that is perfectly cooked every single time. These one-touch presets include fries, chicken, roast, steak, fish, shrimp, cheese melt and pizza. Hence, you don’t have to worry about tracking the exact duration (time) as well as temperature since all this is already programmed.
- 80 Percent Less Fatty: Nutricook’s NutriCrisp technology makes everything you cook in it 80% less fatty. Thus, you can enjoy fried foods without feeling guilty.
- Heat Resistant Handle: The cool-touch handle provides a secure and safe grip to its users.
- Smoke-free Cooking: Another benefit of this Nutricook air fryer is that it doesn’t generate smoke while cooking. Therefore ensuring that it is healthy for you before as well as after you eat.
- Offers Pre Heating: Unlike many other air fryers, you will find the preheating function in this air fryer. Preheating improves the texture of the food visibly within 2 to 5 minutes.
- Customizable: Featuring separate buttons for time and temperature, this air fryer can be customized for every dish.
- Dishwasher Safe: Say bye to all the mess involved while frying foods. Simply remove the baskets, separate them and put them in your dishwasher to save time and effort as this will take care of the cleaning process.
- Price: Bring home the Nutribullet Nutricook rapid air fryer for an estimated cost of AED 450.
Rank 2: MOOSOO 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer
- One-Touch Cooking: Regardless of the dish you want to prepare, simply select the corresponding menu with the press of a button. The air fryer will calculate the time as well as the temperature required for preparing the dish. Moreover, the large LED screen displays 8 preset menus clearly.
- Quick and Convenient: The menu and settings are easy to select thus making it quick and convenient for senior citizens to operate the air fryer and prepare healthy, delicious, low-fat meals.
- Detachable Basket: The best thing about the detachable basket is that it enables you to put and unload the food in a better way. Additionally, it is easier to move the basket anywhere or even on the table. Since it is detachable it is also easier to clean.
- Ventilation Holes: Around the detachable basket are ventilation holes which enable the hot air to circulate in a better way for heating the food.
- Square Basket: This air fryer’s basket is square in shape. Due to its larger surface area, it is better than the other round baskets.
- Overheat Protection Function: A big thanks to the overheat protection function. This air fryer will stop heating when the temperature is too high. Thus, ensuring safety.
- Durable and Safe: The stainless steel body of this air fryer enables it to withstand higher temperatures. Additionally, the stainless steel body makes this air fryer safer to use, more durable and also easy to clean.
- Non-stick Pan Material: The basket of this air fryer is made of non-stick pan material. This can reduce the food residue after the food is fried thereby making it easier to clean. You can also put food in the basket and take it out easily. Doing this ensures the integrity of the food especially meat and steaks.
- Adjustable Temperature and Time Range (Duration): Adjusting the temperature and the time range (duration) of this air fryer is hassle-free. Depending upon the ingredients, you can adjust the temperature and the time of frying. This enables you to cook healthy food with delicious flavours.
- Price: You can purchase the MOOSOO 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer approximately for AED 420.
Rank 3: Philips Advance Collection
- Removal of Fats: Twin Turbo Star technology claims to remove fat from foods certainly make this appliance a candidate in the race to become ‘the best air fryer in UAE’.
- Easy to Use and Maintain: You won’t face any trouble and the device offers hassle-free usage. It is also easy to clean and maintain. Your kitchen won’t resemble an episode of the rugrats.
- Big Size: XXL family size fits a whole chicken or 1.4 kg of fries.
- Key Features: Digital display with 5 preset cooking programs, Quick Clean basket with non-stick mesh cleans up in 90 secs. Dishwasher safe for all removable parts, recipe booklet with more than 30 delicious dishes for you to experiment with.
- Price: Available for a price of around AED 1300 on Amazon.
Rank 4: Black+Decker Air Fryer Aerofry
- Reduced Usage of Oil & Fat: Delicious food is finally guilt-free, thanks to the Black& Decker 4-liter digital aero fry as it cuts out on the oil usage so that you can relish on mouthwatering, crispy food without the added fat.
- Quick and Efficient: The rapid air convection heating inside the fryer results in quick and even cooking of food.
- Temperature and Timer Control Function: It has a variable temperature control feature that so you can cook according to the exact temperature needed for your dish. It also has a timer function that automatically shuts off the machine once cooking is complete.
- Large Size: This aero fryer has a food basket that holds up to 4L of food, making it easy for you to fry snacks for the whole family in one go.
- Easy to Use & Maintain: Easy to use and safe, the frying basket of this black and decker aero fryer is easily removable and dishwasher safe for easy maintenance.
- Safe: A big thank you to the cool touch housing of this air fryer, you can touch it without the risk of burning your hand. The safety lock ensures a secure fit of food basket before you start the frying process.
- Great Price: Available for a price of around AED 470 on Amazon.
Rank 5: Pro Breeze XL Air Fryer
- 100% Dishwasher Safe and Easy to Clean: The family size basket of this air fryer is large enough, easy to detach and enables you to clean it without any hassle. Additionally, the basket is 100% dishwasher safe.
- Versatile Cooking and Healthy Food: With the help of this air fryer, you can not only fry but also bake, grill as well as roast healthy oil-free food for your entire family.
- Digital LED Display: Presenting to you 7 preset cooking modes from which you can select the one that you desire. The intuitive cooking timers, independent temperature control settings and easy to use digital display help you make the most of this air fryer.
- Preset Cooking Modes: As discussed above, you can select from the available preset cooking modes depending upon what you feel like eating. You get all your meals cooked in a healthy manner without any mess like chicken, fish, chips, steak, shrimp, cake and more.
- Advanced Safety: The Pro Breeze air fryer offers in-built overheat protection as well as auto-off sensors. Hence, you can cook whenever you want to without worrying about anything.
- Extra Large Capacity: With an extra-large capacity of 5.5 litres, you can cook enough healthy low-fat food for your entire family by using extremely little or no oil at all.
- Super-Heated Cyclone Technology: A big thanks to this technology, it cooks food quickly that contains 80% less fat and very little to no oil at all.
- Aesthetics: An air fryer so compact and timeless. Featuring a brushed chrome lid and handle with a black glossy outer finish. This creates a modern and luxurious design that is perfect in any kitchen.
- Price: Pro Breeze XL Air Fryer is available for an estimated cost of AED 320.
Rank 6: Tefal Air Fryer
- Versatile Appliance: In addition to frying, you can also use the Tefal fry delight air fryer for grilling, roasting, and baking your favourite food. The fryer can cook everything from appetizers to main courses. Whether its grilled chicken or heart-warming French fries, you can cook it all with the best air fryer in UAE.
- Fast and Easy Family Meals: The element of this air fryer produces hot air up to 200 degree Celsius to prepare your food. The delightful appliance makes delectable and healthy dishes for all the family. Just pull out its tray and add food to it. In about 15 minutes, you can have two servings piping hot. The timer will stop cooking exactly as per the time set, so the food doesn’t get burned.
- Capacity: 800g makes this appliance ideal for a smaller family consisting of 2-4 members.
- No Smell of Oil: Contributed to 3D Air Pulse Technology making the aftermath in your kitchen rather pleasant.
- Key Features: 30-minute timer and adjustable temperature up to 200 degrees give you flexibility with your cooking. Mechanical control and dishwasher safe features make this appliance a nifty gadget to have around.
- Affordable Price: Available for a price of around AED 340 on Amazon.
Must-Have Accessories to Purchase along with your Air Fryer
Now that you have made up your mind to purchase the best air fryer in UAE, and are all set to try out different recipes. No doubt, you can prepare healthy french fries, crispy air fry veggies, fried pickles and a lot more. However, note that if you have a few extra accessories/tools then you can try out some more air fryer recipes. For all the air fryer users and fans, we have listed all the must-have accessories that you can purchase along with the best air fryer in UAE. Purchasing these accessories will expand your air fryer recipe options. You can try your hands on a variety of meals beyond chicken wings and fries.
As we know that one of the cons of any kitchen appliance is additional clean up. However, the metal holder is a great accessory to purchase along with your air fryer. This is because it keeps sticky food away from the bottom. Additionally, the metal holder also maximizes the surface area so that you can prepare meals for a large family.
So, if you think making a cake in an air fryer is tedious, believe me, it is not. All you need to do is purchase this accessory. With the help of a cake barrel, making scrumptious desserts and cakes is convenient and hassle-free. Moreover, a cake barrel is ideal for making bread too.
As you are aware of the mechanism of an air fryer that it circulates heat around your food. Hence, everything that you prepare is so crispy in spite of utilizing less or no oil. However, for larger foods such as chicken and meat, a raised cooking rack is recommended. On the rack skewers, you can fry your favourite meat and vegetables. You can cook chicken, lamb, beef, and more in a healthy manner with ease. The rack skewers elevate your food hence air can completely circulate around the food and create an even and crisp coating. Therefore, consider purchasing this accessory.
With the help of this accessory, you can make your favourite pizzas. You can utilize the pizza pan to make customized pizzas containing healthier toppings thus making it a healthier alternative compared to takeaways. Besides pizzas, you can make use of the pizza pan to prepare cookies, pastries, cakes, biscuits, eggs with veggies, macaroni and cheese and more.
In order to combat the early morning rush, here is another air fryer accessory to your rescue. A toasting rack can bake 8 pieces of toasts at one time. Thus, saving you time and effort in the morning while preparing breakfast for your family.
This silicone mat is a great accessory to purchase along with your air fryer. You can make use of it to put hot pots and pan on the dinner table. It doesn’t contain BPA, latex or any other chemicals. It has high heat resistance to 480 degrees Fahrenheit.
Egg Bite Mold
With the help of this egg bite mold, you can make egg bites in your air fryer. This accessory is made of high quality food grade silicone material and comes with a plastic lid. Hence, you don’t need an extra egg bite marker.
To avoid food from getting stuck in the air fryer basket, you need to purchase these parchment liners to make the clean-up process much easier. Do you want to know how these parchment liners eliminate all the extra scrubbing and make your life easier? Well, each of these parchment liners contains small holes to aid in the circulation of air. When the steam circulation speeds up, you get a good taste. These round parchment liners keep your air fryers free from food residue. Regardless of whether you’re a frequent user or not, this is a must-have accessory.
Hot Plate Gripper
This accessory helps you safely lift hot plates and bowls from steamers.
The surface of this oil brush is coated with high quality food grade silicon and is FDA approved.
Besides these accessories, the other important ones include oil brush, food folder, multi-purpose rack and dish plate clip. Now that you have seen the main must-have accessories, instead of purchasing them separately, here is a set of 10 accessories for your air fryer that you can purchase.
U-HOOME 8 Inch Air Fryer Accessories (Set of 10)
All the accessories in this set are made of food-grade material with FDA certification. Moreover, these accessories are non-viscous, heat resistant and durable. Grab this set of accessories today to make the most out of the best air fryer in UAE.
Ingredients/Food Items you Should Never Place/Cook in an Air Fryer
Although certain food items and ingredients become juicy and crispy in an air fryer, others can create a mess or even get dry. You CAN MAKE cookies, prepare frozen food, cook steak, bacon as well as zoodles. Chicken especially chicken breasts and glazed chicken are some more options you can prepare in an air fryer. Apart from this, you can add brussels sprouts too as they get crispy and delicious without adding oil. Now that you are clear about what all you can cook and add in the best air fryer in UAE, let’s move on to the things that you just CAN’T PLACE/COOK in an air fryer.
1. Food With a Wet Batter
Ensure you don’t place any “type of food with a wet batter” into your air fryer unless it is pre-fried. Hence, you will have to avoid putting corndogs in your air fryer too since the batter can make a mess. Similarly, you can’t put tempura shrimp. I’m sure you want to know why can’t anything with wet batter be placed into an air fryer. Well, the reason behind this is that the wet batter settles everywhere. Also, the wet batter won’t set without a proper oil bath. Therefore, it won’t get fried and become crispy the way you would obviously want it to be. The wet batter will not only drip off the food while it is getting cooked, but it will also get stuck to the bottom of your air fryer and may get burnt. You will find it sticky and chewy and not at all crispy.
Cooking broccoli in an air fryer is a big NO-NO. Unlike brussels sprouts, broccoli is not at all air-fryer friendly. That is because broccoli florets dry out or get dusty in an air fryer instead of delicious and crispy.
One of the worst mistakes you can make is placing or adding cheese in an air fryer. As a matter of fact, cheese creates a huge mess in your air fryer. In fact, grilled cheese tends to ooze all over the air fryer. You won’t get that outer crust in an air fryer as you would expect after deep frying cheese. Instead, it will be all messy.
4. Whole Chicken and Larger Roasts
First and foremost, whole chicken and large roasts won’t fit in the air fryer basket properly. Hence, you need to avoid putting the same into your air fryer. Even if your air fryer basket is large enough, it may not cook evenly. The reason behind this is that the portion which is closest to the source of heat will burn and dry out well. However, the portion farthest from the heat source will take longer and won’t be safe to eat if you take it off before it gets cooked totally.
5. Medium-rare Burgers
An air fryer is recommended for well-done burgers. However, if you want medium-rare burgers, then these are not likely to air fry. In such a situation, it is better to use a grill. It doesn’t take long for the burger to reach medium-rare in an air fryer. Hence, the burger’s exterior also won’t have time to turn brown.
6. Overseasoned Proteins and Vegetables
Overseasoning vegetables and meat before placing them in an air fryer is a BIG NO NO. Hence, you need to avoid placing overseasoned proteins and vegetables in your air fryer. Generally, when any food item or ingredient has a dry surface with seasonings, it so happens that these seasonings get blown off by the airflow present in an air fryer. Or, these seasonings will fall through the basket.
7. Fresh Greens (Especially Kale and Spinach)
Avoid placing fresh greens in an air fryer because they will fly all over the place. Also, these are difficult to cook in an air fryer resulting in uneven cooking. This holds true especially in the case of kale and spinach.
Air Fryer FAQs
An air fryer mimics the cooking process of a countertop oven. It contains a heating element and a fan that blows air around in a cooking chamber. The air is moved around at high speeds in a circular fashion which does a better job than ovens.
Air fryers produce the taste and texture of deep-fried food without using the oil required by traditional methods. Some manufacturers claim that using an air fryer can cut the fat in food by about 75%. Fats have many calories, so cutting down on fats by eating air-fried food is a great way to trim your belly and promote weight loss.
The number of foods you can prepare in an air fryer is endless. Using less than a tablespoon of oil or a modest amount of spray, prepare fried beef, chicken, fish, frozen food and vegetables. Sweet potato fries are a favourite. You can also take a look at 7 of Dubai’s favourite air fryer recipes for more ideas.
Contrary to popular belief air fryers may actually reduce the chances of an individual getting cancer. When you cook using an air fryer you reduce dietary acrylamide, a compound quite possibly associates itself with certain types of cancer. Just another reason to abandon deep frying and adopt air frying.
Air fryers do indeed make the outside of food crispier. However, the method used isn’t frying but leans more towards baking. Frying food requires oil, period.
You can use most of the oils in an air fryer. The common ones are canola, sunflower, olive, peanut, and coconut oil.
If you already own an air fryer are you sure you’re getting the most out of it? Here are a few ways you can use your air fryer to the fullest and enjoy tastier meals.
Air Fryer Usage Tips
Pre-heat the Air Fryer
By pre-heating the air fryer you ensure even cooking in your food. If you do not pre-heat the appliance you run the risk of having an overcooked exterior and uncooked interior, especially if the pieces are larger. If your air fryer doesn’t have this feature then turn it on to your desired temperature for 3 minutes before placing your food inside.
Specs of Oil for Added Crunch
Adding a couple of drops of oil on your food can help create that crunchy shell we all love. However, not every food needs it. Foods which secrete their own oils such as chicken, fish, and other fatty cuts don’t benefit from this as it just increases the fat content. On the other hand, dry ingredients and vegetables like potatoes and mushrooms come to life with a dash of oil.
Grease the Air Fryer Basket Generously
There’s nothing more hurtful than watching the base of a perfectly cooked chicken breast stick to the bottom of your fryer. Apart from the visual discontent, food stuck in the grill can be difficult to clean. To avoid this ensure you grease the basket with some oil or spray.
Spray Dry Foods while Cooking
If you’re cooking foods with flour or other coatings then spraying a teeny bit of oil halfway through the cooking process can provide the perfect amount of crisp. You can skip this if you’re cooking meats that secrete their own oil or fat.
Shake the Basket with Smaller Items
When air frying smaller foods best enjoyed crunchy shake the basket every now and again. Foods like nuggets, wings, potatoes, crispy ladyfingers and others benefit the most from this. You can even open the basket and use a spatula or pair of tongs to turn over the food. This will temporarily pause the cooking process, which automatically resumes when you close the lid.
Okay, countless people are guilty of this. Placing too much food without adequately spacing it can lead to uneven cooking and browning. So, either invest in a larger air fryer or cook in smaller batches. It definitely beats having to place a couple of pieces back into the fryer each time you cook.
Adjust Temperature for Optimal Results
There are foods and situations where-in you need to crank the heat up and others where you need to tone it down. Be careful of foods that dry out easily such as mushrooms. Also, it’s in your best interest to modify the temperature, similarly as you would do in an oven.
All the tips in the world are of no use unless your air fryer is kept in good condition. Regular maintenance prolongs the life of your appliance and ensures you relish your food. Cleaning your air fryer is the single-most-important component of maintaining it.
Cleaning your Air Fryer
Caring for your air fryer is fairly simple, especially when you take into consideration there is a small cooking area and virtually no grease to mop up. There is a cooking basket with an oil pan below, that is not a hall-ticket to not clean your appliance. Each time you use it you must clean it thoroughly. Here’s how you can do it in a few simple steps.
- After cooking, let the device cool down completely and then unplug it.
- With a damp cloth wipe down the exteriors.
- Next, remove the basket/tray and wash it in warm water with mild dishwashing soap.
- Check for parts which are dishwasher safe and toss them inside to make your life easier.
- Use a hot water sponge/cloth to wipe the insides of the air fryer.
- In case food is stuck to the heating element, then you need to use a brush to carefully remove it.
- Before putting it all back together ensure all removable parts are completely dry.
With these simple steps, you can prolong the life of your nifty little kitchen appliance. The best air fryer in UAE needs to be taken care of as it will serve you in the years to come.
Fry Away to your Hearts Content
Enjoy fries, chicken and crispy Hamoor in the manner that you love without worrying about your heart and health. No cholesterol or oil concerns with this nifty appliance fighting in your corner. Select the best air fryers in UAE for you. Since you have decided to make a healthy lifestyle choice here are 7 of Dubai’s Favorite Air Fryer Recipes that are tasty but do not pack in many calories. In these days of a sedentary lifestyle, it is important that we are careful of what we eat without compromising on taste.