Do you want to know the must-haves for bakers in Dubai? Apart from the flair, talent and countless hours spent perfecting the art. What are the tools a baker needs in their arsenal? As a baker, you need to have the right equipment! PERIOD! there is no compromising on taste or presentation. Nobody remembers an almost-good cake. People do however remember a GREAT cake and a HORRIBLE cake. It doesn’t matter if you are a professional baker, a housewife or a student passionate about baking. Here are the must-haves for bakers in Dubai and anyone serious about baking!
1. Stand Mixer
A stand mixer is one of the much-needed equipment for bakers in Dubai. It performs the function of stirring, blending, whisking and beating the ingredients to your desired consistency. It’s more efficient and better at evenly combining ingredients. Get your delicious cakes and cookies with the help of this equipment. You can use it for any mixing task while you are caramelizing the sugar. Since this is an investment piece, do not fret too much about your budget. However, do keep in mind the amount of space required for its storage. If you choose wisely and buy the best stand mixer, this small appliance can last you decades.
Coming in at number one, the Smeg Retro Stand Mixer leads as the best buy for bakers in Dubai.
- Aesthetics: Say hello to the creatively designed Smeg Retro Stand Mixer incorporating the 50’s retro style.
- Material: Secondly, this equipment is made of die-cast aluminium making it strong and durable. As expected, it lasts in the long run.
- All Rounder: Next, it offers you numerous options for all your whisking, mixing, and beating needs. You can transform this into a cake to offer your friends. Or enjoy a unique scent of home-baked bread cherished by your guests that will leave them craving more.
- Variable Speed Control: This piece offers you 10 settings that guarantee the greatest versatility during the preparation stages. The numbers printed along the lever suggest the correct speed based on the accessory in use.
2. Silicone Baking Mat
This non-stick baking mat is made from high-quality, food-grade silicone. Owning a silicone mat is beneficial because it is reusable, unlike parchment paper. It is incredibly useful when you are working with hot confections such as caramel and toffee. Instead of lining your sheet pan with foil, you can use the baking mat to bake savoury delicacies. Not only does this reduce disposing foil but reduces cost in the long run.
This reusable and non-stick baking mat falls under the category of ‘the best buy for bakers in Dubai’. Ideal for kneading, rolling and shaping loaves of bread. Pizza dough’s, pasta, pastries, pie crusts, and fondants are an added advantage.
- Multi-purpose Function: Performs the role of a working pad to help make rolls, pastry, fondant or pizza dough easily.
- Accurate: The measurements are marked clearly making it ideal for preparing perfect circular pies, pastries or a pizza base.
- Good Quality Silicone: The mat is made of flexible silicone, which is nonstick, easy to clean, and nonabsorbent.
- Easy to Store: Just roll the mat when not in use, hence storing it conveniently.
3. Oven Rack Pusher
Have you ever burnt yourself by getting too close or by using a moist dishtowel? Perhaps you’ve been scorched while trying to squeeze in something without pulling out the oven rack fully? An oven rack pusher is a tool handy for people who bake regularly. Undoubtedly, it is agile and increasingly convenient. The best part is that it is all wood and no plastic, meaning you won’t burn it.
This gadget will safely pull out the oven rack and push it back in, minimizing the chance of getting burnt.
- Good Quality: This 13-inch piece is made from gorgeous acacia wood, and known for its unique and natural contrasting patterns.
- Creatively Designed: It is smoothly rounded, sturdy and features a leather strap for hanging and accessing it easily.
- Easy to Clean: You can wash it with warm soapy water making it easy to maintain. No special detergent is needed to wash it.
4. Decorating Toolkit
Decorating is an art, that uses icing or frosting, and other edible decorating tools. These tools include cake leveller, cake board, turntable, and cake icing tools. Also, piping couplers, piping bags, cookie presses, spatulas, cooking grids are other important components. Now, you can gather all the right tools for the decorating process in an instant.
Go forth and bake to your heart’s content. Explore your creativity and passion with this decorating kit. Share the memorable experience with your friends and family or simply present the final product.
- Multi-Purpose: This set is equipped with all the tools that you need. The kit serves multiple functions and can be used for just about any baking-related activity. Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or housewarming function, this toolkit is guaranteed to put a smile on any baker’s face.
- Various Cake Patterns: Additionally, you can create countless patterns limited only to your imagination. They can range from petals, raffles, and baskets to leaves, stars, and flowers.
- Cake Board: The strong and washable cake board creates the base upon which you lay the foundation. A strong base is essential. Especially, if you intend on adding layers to the cake.
- Piping Nozzle: Perfect for swirling buttercream on cupcakes and adding royal icing to celebration cakes. Also, consider adding swirls of piped mashed potato to impress your guests to accompany a home-cooked meal.
- Reusable Piping Bags: This set comprises reusable nylon and disposable piping bags for all your cake decorating needs. Suitable for adding flowers or piping royal icing on a wedding cake.
5. Kitchen Scale
This tool will help bakers in Dubai quantify the nutrition and measure the ingredients as per the recipe. Stay stress-free with a digital kitchen scale that weighs your ingredients accurately. You can read more about a kitchen scale and get all the related information here.
6. Bench Scrapers
This rectangular tool is used to scrape off the dough that’s stuck to a work surface. Working with sticky dough gets quite messy. You should expect the dough to stick to your fingers and utensils. A bench scraper keeps your hands out of the dough and allows you to knead/mould it. Made of metal or plastic the bench scraper useful in cutting the dough into portions with its edge, ideal for measuring sizes. This equipment commonly finds its place in kitchens preparing pastries, bread, and other doughs making work easier for bakers in Dubai.
This classic baking tool is great for working with pastries and dough.
- Efficient to Use: It is very efficient in the early stages of kneading yeast dough when it is still prone to sticking to your hands.
- Good Quality: You can cut dough on any surface with stainless steel and plastic scrapers and even non-stick pastry mats.
- Plastic Bowl Scrapper: You can scoop ingredients out of bowls with the included plastic bowl scraper. It is shaped especially for reaching into curved surfaces.
- Dishwasher Safe: Each piece in the set is dishwasher safe as it is crafted from BPA-free plastic and stainless steel. So there won’t be any leaching of toxic BPA, hence making it environment-friendly.
7. Icing Spatulas
An icing spatula is a kitchen utensil designed for spreading a substance onto a flat surface, such as frosting on a cake. Alternatively, known as a frosting spatula or palette knife. The spatula comes built with a thin, flexible stainless steel blade for the same function. Remember, it can also be used to serve slices of cake, pieces of pie or bars.
- Ergonomic Handle Design: This handle makes it extremely comfortable to hold the spatula and provides a secure grip while icing cakes or brownies.
- Utility Tool: It helps frost “hard to reach areas” by keeping your hands and fingers away from the icing. It would do a great job, no matter what it’s used for, decorating a large cake or a small cupcake.
- Pack of 4: Available in 4 different sizes i.e 4,6,8, and 10 inches suitable for cakes of different sizes, desserts, and ice cream.
- Easy to Store: This equipment has a hanging loop which makes it easy to store saving space in your kitchen.
8. Bread Maker
A bread maker is a home appliance used for turning raw ingredients into baked bread. It consists of a bread pan or a tin with built-in paddles, that are located in the centre of a small multi-purpose oven.
- Put the kneading paddle inside the tin.
- When the tin is out of the machine, you can measure the ingredients and load them into the tin.
- After this, you just need to place the pan inside the machine.
- Choose the program you wish via the electronic panel and close the lid.
- Enjoy and remember, you can bake bread in hundreds of shapes, sizes, textures, and different types.
Fill your kitchen with the mouthwatering aroma of homemade bread with this compact bread maker. It ensures fast and easy baking.
- Fast Bake Function: It features a 55-minute fast bake function that ensures quick baking. It allows you to whip up a delicious white loaf quickly if your family and friends visit you.
- Bread in Different Sizes: This bread maker can make different sizes of bread so that you can choose the best size that suits your appetite.
- 13-hour Delay Function: This allows you to enjoy freshly baked bread at your convenience. You can set this feature before a busy day so that you can come home to a delicious loaf of bread.
- Power Cut-off Memory Function: This function enables the bread maker to continue baking from where it had stopped in case of a power shutdown.
- Keep Warm Function: This keeps your bread warm and fresh for 1 hour after the bread maker has finished baking.
9. Muffin Pan
A muffin pan also known as a cupcake tray is a mold in which muffins and cupcakes are baked. It is formed of a group of connecting cups in the shape of muffins. You need to pour the muffin batter into the individual pocket. As the muffin bakes, the base of the muffin is baked in the shape of the cup.
Use it to bake lots of muffins for the week or mini cupcakes for an upcoming birthday party, anniversary, wedding or baby shower. Great for cookie cups, too. Consider purchasing this, as it is required for bakers in Dubai.
- 48 Cup Pan: You can bake four dozen mini muffins or cupcakes at a time with this 48-cup pan. It saves you time.
- Non-stick Coating: This allows your baked treats to pop right out with minimal cleanup, hence saving you effort.
- Dishwasher Safe: You can wash it in warm, soapy water, before the first use, and after each use. It is made of steel. No toxic material used, hence making it environment-friendly.
Bring out your Inner Master Chef
There’s nothing in between as I’m certain mediocrity isn’t an option for you! As mentioned earlier, baking is an art that isn’t always easy. Quality should be uniform throughout your products. Purchasing the right equipment can help you bake in a manner that is consistent and measurable. You may possess the art of baking and decorating cakes, but it’s no use if you don’t have the must-needed tools and improve your skillset. So, give these 9 tools a try.