Is HUMMUS on your mind? If yes, then here are 8 healthy and interesting ways to help you prepare and enjoy your favourite high-protein hummus spread. Besides using hummus for dipping, you can also have it in various other ways. We have unlocked the secret to healthier yet yummier casseroles with creamier soups and mouth-watering recipes. For many years, vegans have praised hummus for its secret to making creamy dishes without using dairy. So, whether you are a vegan or not, try out these interesting ways to prepare hummus. And with the right stir-ins, you can add flavour just the way you like.
As you know, hummus which is a chickpea-based spread solely is already wonderful. It is loaded with a combo of protein and fiber making it an ideal snack along with veg slices. Another interesting way to pump up the nutrition of your pastas, soups, and other recipes is to make the versatile puree. You’re just one step away from discovering healthy and interesting ways to prepare hummus.
Butternut Squash Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
One of the most comforting foods and an easy-to-make side dish is the Butternut Squash Broccoli Quinoa Casserole. This recipe includes cheese, broccoli, garlic, quinoa, and Parmesan. In this fast-paced schedule, a cheesy casserole can delight your tastebuds and relieve stress. It is also a perfect nutrient-dense option for dinner. Moreover, the ingredients used to make it are easily available at the grocery store and you will have them at home most often. All you need to do is prepare a few things in the morning. Later, when it’s time to serve, simply pop the pan in the oven. Additionally, it is also super easy to whip up and is a great freezer-friendly meal.
- Garlic – 2 minced cloves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter (you can use olive oil alternatively)
- 2 tablespoons flour (use gluten-free as required)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (seasoning)
- Sea salt and black pepper (seasoning)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (divided)
- Cream cheese (4 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth (skip this if you’re vegan)
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken (skip this if you’re vegan)
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach