If you have invested in an electric pressure cooker or if you’re planning to purchase one then here are 10 electric pressure cooker recipes that are unusual yet the best and easiest to prepare. So, if you’re looking out for the latest breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes, then we have all the exciting options here for you. Moreover, we have penned down recipes that are quick to make and are ready to serve in an hour or two. You can cook eggs, oatmeal, chicken, meat, delicious cakes, desserts and a lot more in your electric pressure cooker. Unbelievable, but true!
Impress your family members, guests, neighbours, friends and relatives with these mouthwatering delicacies. But, first, take a deep breath. Done? Now, scroll down to begin.
Related: Best Electric Pressure Cooker in UAE
1. Vanilla Cheesecake
Preparing a vanilla cheesecake in an electric pressure cooker may seem unusual but it is heaven as it gets a silky and smooth texture. Additionally, vanilla and cinnamon give it the much-needed flavour. We bet you won’t be able to resist after trying the first out of these 10 electric pressure cooker recipes.
Quantity: 6 Servings
Ingredients: 2 large eggs (lightly beaten), 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon sugar + 2/3 cup sugar (divided), Vanilla extract (2 to 3 teaspoons), 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, 2-1/2 tablespoons butter (melted), 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 packets softened cream cheese (8 ounces each)
Optional Toppings: White baking chocolate – 4 ounces (chopped), 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, fresh strawberries (sliced), raspberries
- Pour water into an electric pressure cooker. Also, grease a 6-inch springform pan. Mix the cracker crumbs, along with 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Add some butter to stir the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon that you have added. Press this mixture onto the bottom of the pan and about 1 inch up sides of the pan.
- Fetch another bowl, add the cream cheese and the remaining sugar in it and beat it until it’s smooth. Then, add in the vanilla and beat it. Next, add the eggs and beat them on low speed until combined. Then, pour it over the crust.
- Cover the cheesecake tightly with foil. Place the springform pan on a trivet with handles and lower it into the cakes. Then, lock the lid and make sure the vent is closed.
- Select the ‘Manual’ setting, adjust the pressure to LOW and set the time for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Once it gets cooked, quick release the pressure. Note that the vanilla cheesecake should be jiggly but should be set in the center.
- Then, remove the springform pan from the pressure cooker. Also, remove the foil. Cool the cheesecake on a wire rack for about 1 hour. Next, loosen the sides from the pan with the help of a knife. Once it is completely cool, cover it and refrigerate it overnight.
- Now, you may top the cheesecake with the baking chocolate and the whipping cream. Simply melt this chocolate and the cream in a microwave and stir it until it is smooth. Then, cool it slightly. Further, remove the rim from the springform pan.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the cheesecake and season it with some cherries, strawberries or raspberries if you wish to. There you go! Your vanilla cheesecake is now ready to serve.
2. Cranberry Hot Wings
A sizzling combination of chicken wings, cranberry sauce and more makes it one of the best electric pressure cooker recipes. Impress your guests, friends and relatives by serving them this dish at birthday parties, anniversaries and other celebrations.
Quantity: About 4 dozen
Ingredients: 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/2 cup orange, 1 can jellied cranberry sauce (14 ounces), 1 teaspoon dried minced onion, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, 1 garlic clove (minced), 24-25 chicken wings, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 tablespoons honey, 4 teaspoons cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons cold water
- Whisk together the jellied cranberry sauce, orange juice, Louisiana-style hot sauce, honey, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, dried minced onion, and the garlic clove. Use a sharp knife for the chicken to cut through 2 wing joints. Ensure you discard the tips of the wing tips.
- Next, place the wing pieces in an electric pressure cooker and season it with salt. Pour the cranberry mixture on top. Then lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Adjust the pressure to HIGH for about 10 minutes and then quick release the pressure.
- Remove the wing pieces and put them in a pan. Arrange these wings in a single layer. Then, preheat the broiler. In the meantime, skim the fat from the cooking juices in an electric pressure cooker.
- Select the “Saute” setting and adjust the temperature to “LOW”. Bring the juices to a boil and cook for around 25 minutes. Stir it occasionally until the mixture is reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and the cold water and mix it until it is smooth. Stir it into juices. Stir it constantly while it returns to a boil. Continue cooking and stirring for about 1 to 2 minutes until the glaze is thickened.
- Lastly, broil the wings for about 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned. Before serving, brush with glaze and also serve with remaining glaze.
3. Risotto with Shrimp and Asparagus
Shrimp lovers! Here’s one of the North Italian rice dish recipes that you can try out in your electric pressure cooker. A scrumptious meal containing shrimp and asparagus to keep your tummy happy. This quick method of making risotto works every time you try it out.
Quantity: 8 servings
Ingredients: 2 pounds uncooked shrimp – peeled and deveined (26 to 30 per pound), 9 garlic cloves – minced and divided, 1 small onion (finely diced), 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1-2/3 cups uncooked arborio rice, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided), 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (divided), 1 pound fresh asparagus (trimmed), Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Select the “Saute” setting on the electric pressure cooker. Adjust the temperature to “Medium”. Then, add oil. When the oil heats up, add 3 minced garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute. Once you do this, add shrimp and cook & stir it for about 5 minutes till it begins to turn pink.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the Italian salad dressing. Stir this till the butter melts. Next, add asparagus and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until it is tender. Then remove it and keep warm.
- The next step is to warm the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter until it is melted. Once it gets melted, add the diced onion and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until it is tender. Add the remaining (6) garlic cloves and cook for about a minute.
- Then you need to add the rice, stir it and let it cook for about 2 minutes. Then, add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and stir it. Next, press Cancel.
- Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Adjust the temperature to HIGH to pressure cook it for about 8 minutes. Quick-release the pressure. Lastly, serve shrimp mixture over risotto and season it with salt and pepper. Don’t forget to sprinkle the 1/4 cup cheese that is remaining.
4. Maple French Toast
Bored eating the same stuff for breakfast? If you want to spice up your mornings with some variation then try out this maple french toast recipe in your electric pressure cooker.
Quantity: 4 servings
Ingredients: 4 large eggs, 6 cups cubed bread (about 6 ounces), cubed cream cheese (4 ounces), 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup, additional maple syrup
- To get started, you need to arrange half of the bread cubes in a greased baking dish (1-1/2-qt). Once you do this, top it with cream cheese and remaining bread. Next, take a large bowl. Add the eggs, milk and maple syrup to this large bowl and whisk it. After whisking pour this over the bread. Let it stand for 30 minutes.
- In an electric pressure cooker, place trivet insert and add 1 cup of water. Cover the baking dish with foil. Next, fold an 18×12 inch piece of foil lengthwise into thirds to make a sling. With the help of this sling, lower the dish into the pressure cooker. Then, lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Adjust the temperature to HIGH for pressure cook it for 20 minutes.
- You need to allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quickly release the remaining pressure if any.
- Remove the lid and remove the baking dish carefully by using the sling. Add some syrup and you are ready to serve this dish.
5. Molten Mocha Cake
As a matter of fact, special occasions always call for chocolate. Try out this Molten Mocha Cake recipe that’s decadent and moist on the outside and its dark chocolate mocha interior makes it perfect.
Quantity: 6 servings
Ingredients: 4 large eggs, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup baking cocoa, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter (melted), 1-1/2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, fresh raspberries, vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Pour water into the electric pressure cooker. Meanwhile, beat eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl until it gets blended. Take another bowl and add cocoa, flour, coffee granules and salt. Whisk all of these items in the bowl and gradually beat it into the egg mixture.
- Transfer this mixture to a 1-1/2-qt greased baking dish. In order to prevent the moisture from getting into the dish, cover it loosely with foil. Place it on a trivet with handles and lower it into the pressure cooker. Next, lock the lid and ensure the vent is closed.
- Then, select Manual setting, adjust the pressure to HIGH and set the time to 25 minutes. When it is ready i.e it is cooked, you need to allow the pressure to release naturally for about 10 minutes. After this, don’t forget to quick-release the remaining pressure if any according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Add fresh strawberries and vanilla icecream to this warm cake if you desire. Done! The Molten Mocha cake is ready to serve.
6. Garlic-Dill Deviled Eggs
In need of recipes that will kick start your mornings, then get your hands on your electric pressure cooker. Get the much-needed protein from deviled eggs to help you get started for the day. The fresh dill amazingly perks up the flavour of these irresistible appetizers.
Quantity: 2 dozen
Ingredients: 12 large eggs, 1 cup cold water, 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 4 teaspoons dill pickle relish, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/8 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper, 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill, additional snipped fresh dill (optional)
- Firstly, pour water in an electric pressure cooker. Then, place the trivet in the cooker and set the eggs on the trivet. Lock the lid and ensure the vent is closed. Next, select the ‘Manual’ setting, adjust the pressure to LOW and set the time to 5 minutes.
- Once it gets cooked, allow the pressure to release naturally for about 5 minutes. Further, quick release the remaining pressure if any according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Take a bowl and add ice water to it. Once you do this, immediately place the eggs in this bowl to cool.
- The next step is to cut the eggs into half (lengthwise). Note that you need to remove the yokes and reserve the whites. Take a bowl and put the yolks in it. Mash the yolks. Add all the remaining ingredients to this bowl except for paprika.
- Once you do this, spoon or pipe into egg whites. There you go! Your dish is ready. Note that you need to cover and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before serving. After 30 minutes, season it with some paprika and add the additional snipped fresh dill if desired.
7. Mixed Fruit and Pistachio Cake
An easy to make cake for all those pistachio and mixed fruit lovers. This guaranteed delicious desert is a great evening treat with a cup of tea or coffee.
Quantity: 8 servings
Ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 cup butter (melted), 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons grated orange zest, 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/3 cup buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 large egg (room temperature), 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1 cup mixed dried fruit bits, 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, 1 cup pistachios (chopped), jellied cranberry sauce – 1 can (8 ounces), Whipped cream (optional) and additional chopped pistachios (optional)
- Pour 1 cup of water into an electric pressure cooker.
- Take a bowl. Add all the dry ingredients to it and whisk together.
- Now, take another bowl and combine the other ingredients. Add the cranberry mixture to the flour mixture and stir it until it is smooth. Next, add the dried fruits and pistachios.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish (1-1/2-qt). Then, cover the dish with aluminium foil. After you do this, place the trivet insert in the cooker. Fold a piece of foil (18×12 inch) lengthwise into thirds to make a sling.
- With the help of this sling, lower the dish onto the trivet. Lock the lid and close the pressure-release valve. Adjust the temperature to HIGH and pressure cook it for about 50 minutes.
- After completion of 50 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally for about 15 minutes. And then quick release the remaining pressure if any. Insert a toothpick in the center to check. It should come out clean.
- Now, remove the baking dish to a wire rack. Keep in mind that you need to cool it for about 30 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- With a serrated knife cut the dish into wedges and if you desire then serve with whipped cream.
8. Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
For all those health-conscious people and vegans, here’s an exciting and tasty breakfast option in the list of electric pressure cooker recipes. A warm bowl of oatmeal spiced with pumpkin will help you start your day, focus on your work and other activities and keep you energized.
Quantity: 6 servings
Ingredients: Pumpkin – 1 can (15 ounces), 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 3 cups water, 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, 1-1/2 cups 2% milk, 1-1/4 cups steel-cut oats, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon salt
Optional Toppings: Additional brown sugar, toasted chopped pecans, 2% milk and ground cinnamon
- In your electric pressure cooker, stir together the oats, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, salt, water and milk. Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Adjust the temperature to HIGH and pressure cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Next, allow the pressure to release naturally for about 10 minutes. Quick-release the remaining pressure if there’s any. Add the pumpkin and stir it.
- The pumpkin should thicken so you need to let it stand and get cooked for about 5 to 10 minutes. Once the pumpkin is thick enough, you are done. Season it with (some or all) the optional toppings if you wish to.
1. You can add honey, maple syrup or agave nectar to the oatmeal if you wish to.
2. Health-conscious? Want to keep it dairy-free? Well, you definitely can. Simply substitute the 2% milk with almond or soy milk.
3. If you desire to prepare gingerbread oatmeal, then replace half the brown sugar with molasses and season it with candied ginger.
9. Black Bean Chicken Nachos
Any Nacho lovers out here? Here is one of the yummylicious recipes containing real food chicken and black bean nachos that you can prepare in an electric pressure cooker.
Quantity: 8 servings
Ingredients: 2 jars black bean (16 ounces), 1-1/2 chicken breasts (boneless skinless), 2 jars corn salsa (16 ounces), 1 package tortilla chips (12 ounces), minced fresh coriander, sour cream, pickled jalapeno slices, 1 medium green pepper (chopped), 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, 1 medium sweet red pepper (chopped)
- To begin, add the chicken, salsa and peppers in the electric pressure cooker. Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Adjust the temperature to HIGH and pressure cook it for almost 7 minutes.
- Next, quick release the pressure and then press the Cancel button. Use a food thermometer to read the temperature of the chicken. Once the thermometer is inserted into the chicken, the temperature should be at least 165 degrees.
- Now, remove the chicken and shred it with 2 forks. Add it back to the pressure cooker for some time. Then, serve the chicken over the tortilla chips with the help of the slotted spoon and season it with some cheese and coriander. Lastly, add any toppings of your choice if you wish to.
10. Chicken Broth
Who wouldn’t want to have savoury liquid made of water simmered with chicken? Nothing can get better and give you more satisfaction than making your own chicken broth at home. Take a look at the last one among these unusual electric pressure cooker recipes.
Quantity: 6 cups
Ingredients: 2 celery ribs with leaves (cut into chunks), 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed), 2-1/2 pounds bony chicken pieces (legs, wings, neck or back), 2 medium carrots (cut into chunks), 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, 2 medium onions (quartered), 2 bay leaves, 6 cups cold water, 8 to 10 whole peppercorns
- To get started, place all the ingredients in an electric pressure cooker. Once you do this, lock the lid and make sure the vent is closed. Then, select the ‘Manual’ setting and adjust the pressure to HIGH and set the time to 45 minutes. Once it gets cooked, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Proceed by removing the chicken. Set it aside until it is cool enough to handle. Next, remove all the meat from the bones. Throw away all the bones and keep the meat to use it the next time.
- Further, strain the broth by discarding the vegetables and the seasonings. Refrigerate this for overnight for best results. If it is not possible for you to refrigerate it overnight then do it for 8 hours.
- Lastly, skim the fat from the surface and your chicken broth is tasty and healthy to serve.
Yummy in your Tummy!
Are you still drooling over these scrumptious recipes? We hope you enjoyed reading as much as we enjoyed penning down these recipes for you. Do try out these recipes one by one in your electric pressure cooker and satisfy all your cravings. It doesn’t matter even if you are a beginner. If you want to upgrade your electric pressure cooker and are in need of the best brands to make your purchase, then we have simplified that for you by researching in-depth. Do check out the best electric pressure cookers UAE.