Thinking about buying the best home security camera in UAE? Well, let’s be honest even with stringent laws protecting UAE, there is no such thing as too much safety. Sure you don’t require armored vehicles and 3 pit bulls guarding your loved ones at all times. However, a home security camera is inexpensive and has virtually no maintenance cost. You can hook one up to your main door and rest easy. Monitor your children coming home from school, keep an eye on when the house help comes and goes, or even rest easy if you are away on a business trip.
Types of Security Cameras
As the name suggests dome security cameras possess a dome-like shape. Perhaps the most common camera often seen in a number of Hollywood movies. Due to its appearance, one cannot tell which side the camera is pointing to. Usually seen inside casinos, retail stores, movie halls, malls and homes the camera comes with a varifocal length. This gives the camera the flexibility to adjust the focal length of the lens. If you are buying one to place on your doorstep consider buying an infrared dome camera. If your neighborhood is prone to vandalism then you can opt for a vandal dome camera.
The rifle bullet shell security camera is sometimes called a lipstick camera. Easily mountable thanks to the tri-axis mount the camera provides video surveillance footage of its surroundings. Based on your need you can get one fitted with capabilities of 1080p HD resolution or a simple one capable of linking to your smartphone. This allows you to keep an eye on your children’s rooms with ease.
A modern development for home security systems. The built-in surveillance camera enables you to watch the footage on any linked tablet, phone or computer. The video displayed on your connected device is live. Giving you the ability to respond in real time while going unnoticed. Additionally, they come fitted with a doorbell so serve two functions. Allowing you to screen your visitors and scout for potential threats. Two-way audio features enable you to talk with your visitor before allowing them inside your home.
While there are more types of camera’s these are the most common. Furthermore, these options are ideal to add to a home security system.
Features to Keep an Eye Out for
The field of view covered should stand at the forefront of your decision-making process. What is the angle of the pan and tilt offered to you? You can select one with a fixed location if set where there is only one path of entry and exit. Consequently, you can also select a camera with a 360-degree field view to ensuring nothing escapes your sight.
Cameras can run for 24 hours a day when connected to a power supply. You can choose to store the data on the allocated SD card or external drive. Once the card or drive gets filled up the system overwrites the old data. Build a good habit of saving old data for at least 6 months before deleting it. You can buy a camera with an alarm recording. This means the camera only records after motion is detected within the frame.
The best home security camera in UAE needs to have the capability to record data under every lighting condition. Night vision is important to factor in when making your decision. Normally, varying light sources should not affect the quality of the footage to render it unusable unless it is dark.
When it comes down to doorbell cameras, each manufacturer has their own app. Using the specific mobile app by the manufacturer ensures that you can use all the features without a hassle. Be sure to check for updates and read the instruction manual when setting up your best home security camera.
Now that you know the types of security cameras available it is time to choose the best home security camera in UAE for you. To keep your loved ones safer, sooner, here is a guide to help you make a decision.
The rankings assigned are according to my personal taste and results vary according to needs and budget for everyone.
Rank 1: Xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera
- HD video recording: Xiaomi cameras have been the rage (talking about the smartphones and YI cam) for a while now. So, it is no surprise that the best home security camera in UAE offers supreme. With 1080p HD video recording and 360-degree field of view, nothing escapes this nifty dome camera.
- Speech recognition: The camera offers a two-way speech recognition feature. The built-in speaker and microphone allow you to communicate with your family or visitors in real time. Also, it is important to remember that communication becomes difficult in a noisy environment.
- USB powered: This Xiaomi camera is USB powered only and cannot be connected to a plug point. This is important to remember when making a purchase.
Rank 2: YI 1080p Home Security Camera
- 24-hour recording and wide-angle lens: This YI cam runs for 24 hours in a day recording everything in HD. The F/2.0 aperture contributes to brighter footage while the 112degree wide-angle lens ensures imagery is sharp, crisp, and blur-free. This is thanks to being able to shoot 15 frames per second at 1080p.
- Night Vision: The camera comes with 8 individual 940nm infrared LED’s. Basically, the camera turns on Infrared (IR) under low light conditions.
- Store footage online and app access: Featuring YI cloud, all your footage is safe. Meaning even if your memory card gets wiped all your videos remain protected and accessible. The camera supports a 32GB memory card. Further, you can use the mobile app and share your camera with up to 5 people on a single account to monitor your home from anywhere.
- Activity alerts: Fitted with baby crying detection and motion detection your camera is a boon outside your home as well as within your four walls. It features state-of-the-art technology to detect movement and send alert notifications to your smartphone.
Rank 3: Ring Video Doorbell
- Two-way communication: The stylishly designed doorbell by Ring allows you to hear and speak to visitors through your connected device. This could be your PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Motion detection alert: If someone presses the doorbell or the motion detector goes off the camera sends across an alert to your paired device. The camera monitors everything in 1080p with Infrared night vision.
- Always on: You can connect the gadget to doorbell wires to keep it always running. Consequently, you can keep switching batteries as the device comes with a rechargeable battery pack.
- Lifetime Protection: In case your Ring doorbell gets stolen the company shall replace it for free. The product also comes with a one-year guarantee.
Rank 4: Womdee Mini Camera
- Wide-field view and compact size: This mini camera comes with a 150-degree field of view lens. The large coverage makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor usage. It records in 1920x1080p up to 30fps. As expected, the mini camera is more than capable of recording everything in front of it in immaculate detail. The camera weighs only 95 grams and is so small you’ll have to double check just to make sure you have it.
- Live streaming and WiFi: You can view live footage on your smartphone, tablet, Mac, or PC. What’s more, the device does function over WiFi but can accommodate a Micro SD card in case the network is down. This means you never have to worry about losing data even if you choose to use this camera inconspicuously as a nanny cam.
- Magnetic properties: With an internal magnet, the handy little camera quickly sticks to iron surfaces. It can be carried around and used to monitor various environments such as office spaces, homes, road trips, and other outings.
- Night Vision: The camera comes with 6 Infrared LED lights capable of capturing clear images even in extremely poorly lit situations. Further, the camera supports a USB adapter, meaning you can charge it on the go.
Rank 5: 360 Degree Cloud Globe Camera
- Panoramic support: This is the best home security camera in UAE that features camera intelligent support. Gain access to a panoramic view through your smartphone.
- Cloud WiFi Support: Fitted with Cloud capabilities the Globe Panoramic Camera gives you clear footage during the day as well as at night. Further, it ensures that all your data is protected and safe in case of power failure.
- Voice recording and digital zoom playback: Access HD footage with digital zoom playback abilities allows you to see those otherwise unclear areas. The camera also records voice and supports a Micro SD card up to 128GB.
You no longer need to keep your eyes peeled or stress about your families security. Studies show that people alter behaviour when they know they are being monitored. This itself reduces the chances of any trouble. Select the best home security camera for your home, sit back and relax.