So, you’re looking for the best washing machine in UAE? Sure you’re not looking down the wrong drum? Choosing between a front load machine or a top-load machine may not be an issue. But once you’ve narrowed down on the kind of machine, do you know the size you need? Probably not… If you are a standard (medium-sized) family ranging from 2 to 4 people then the chances are you need a 7kg to 8kg washing machine.
How much can a 7-8 kg Washing Machine take?
The drum size you choose determines how many clothes you can wash in a single cycle. To give you some perspective a 7kg washing machine can accommodate about 35 t-shirts or a double spread quilt at a time. What is important is to not struggle in order to fill up the drum. The best 7kg washing machine in UAE does not waste water and power in addition to giving you clean, fresh clothes to wear.
It comes down to your personal segregation preferences and frequency of washing. If you have an average washing load then 1-2 times per week can be easily accommodated with a family of 4. However, if a member exercises, works outdoors, or comes home muddy and dusty often you will want to wash their clothes separately. You may also choose to wash delicates and whites separate from coloured clothes. 7kg to 8kg washing machines are ideal for families with weekly washing schedules. As well as, those households that segregate and wash clothes every fortnight.
Which Features are Important?
So if you think a 7kg washing machine meets your requirements, then you must pay attention to its features. The right features can make laundry days quite enjoyable and give you the best 7kg washing machine in UAE. Here are 4 features that should influence you when buying your household appliance.
This is expressed in RPM (Rotations Per Minute) and determines how many times your clothes get tossed around for drying before they get squeaky clean. Generally, the higher the RPM the better, but not all clothes can withstand its velocity. Cotton’s can withstand higher speeds of up to 1400 rpm and even woollens handle high numbers up to 1200 rpm. It gets lower with fabrics of dress shirts and delicates at 600 rpm. While silk clothing needs to be washed at the lowest setting of 400 rpm. Taking a closer look at your wardrobe will help you determine if you need a higher rpm or not.
Extra washing features
The number of features offered at a given price should be given the importance it deserves. You can wash duvets, curtains, tapestry, and other bulky items if the wash action permits it. The feature avoids tangling and the formation of a large ball while spinning, along with keeping your machine balanced. Permanent press is the ideal mode to wash your synthetic or blended fabrics. You can get other features like soil level that hosts a lower agitation time. Or keep an eye out for one capable of washing whites, it usually dispenses chlorine bleach to keep your whites sparkly. This isn’t an excuse to drop spaghetti sauce on your shirt!
Level of noise
The last thing you want is the corner of your home sounding like a concord jet, especially if you have an infant sleeping. Most machines will display the level of noise they produce. This is usually between 60dB to 80dB. 60dB is probably the best you can hope for. It pays to remember that 70dB makes almost 2x the amount of noise than 60dB- I’ll leave 80dB to your imagination. Okay, I won’t, it sounds like telephone ringing until the cycle is over. Usually, spin cycles make more sound than washing cycles. This is because the drum spins at close to maximum capacity to dry clothes and remove water from the drum. The point of concern with lower noise washing machines is that they cost more. However, it is a small price to avoid the constant sound getting on your nerves.
Quick wash function and delayed timer
A quick wash function is your best friend when you need to wash clothes with little time on hand. It is great for clothes that neither dirty nor fresh, ideal for everyday wearable clothing. The best part about quick wash is that you can get the best results without filling up your drum. You can even get rid of pesky stains by throwing in a little more detergent. Quick washing cycles use less water, almost 30% less on average- so you play your part in protecting the environment. Well, some of it anyway!
Well, now that you know what to look out for let’s browse a few options. This my personal take on the complete value-for-money provided by the machines that I consider, the best 7kg washing machine in UAE.
Rank 1: Hoover
- Capacity and price: Another 7kg washing machine, available at a price of around AED 1,100 which is quite reasonable.
- Washing modes: With the Hoover 15 programs washing machine, save yourself the trouble of separating laundry. The various modes accommodate and allow a variety of clothes and washes without any colour run. Modes dedicated to sports apparel, daily wash, and quick 15-minute cycles.
- Load type: This washing machine is a front-load machine. This means you consume almost 50% less water than top-load machines. Plus, you can run multiple wash cycles and it consumes lower amounts of energy.
- Operation method: The dial operation system gives you control over the washing machine in a simple-to-use manner. Rotate the dial to a wash setting of your choice and enjoy a hassle-free washing experience.
- Spin speed: At 1000 rpm, this machine might be a bit underpowered for large loads. However, it functions just fine for smaller families. It’s great for washing shirts and fabrics like jeans but may not perform greatly with cotton.
Rank 2: Electrolux
- Capacity and price: This Electrolux machine can comfortably host 8kg of clothes in its drum. You can choose to wash clothes weekly or every fortnight based on preference. The appliance is available at a price of roughly AED 1,680.
- Washing modes: The machine includes a time manager and delayed start option. This can help you plan your washing around your day’s schedule. It comes with an anti-foam rinse system and anti-flood protection. The appliance gives importance to safety that can be seen in both its child lock feature and its silk program (washes on a lower rpm.) Further, the vapour care technology ensures your clothes have fewer wrinkles. These are just a few of the 15 available modes.
- Load type: A snazzy-looking appliance that is a front-load machine and comes in a silver-grey colour.
- Operation method: The machine features a dial and interactive buttons. Choose a setting according to your needs. Its information along with the timer can be viewed on the LCD screen. Moreover, the machine comes with an easy pull out tray to add detergent.
- Spin speed: The appliance gives you 1200 rpm to work with. Meaning you can wash cotton articles effortlessly, remove stains, and reduce the drying time.
Rank 3: LG Direct Drive Motor
- Capacity and price: The LG machine that comes in white and silver options offers you a 7kg capacity. From t-shirts to socks and blankets you can wash it all. Not only that, the appliance costs roughly AED 1,470 making it extremely affordable.
- Washing modes: The machine from LG comes with multiple washing modes. The highlight-worthy features are its quick 30 function that gives you clean clothes in a short amount of time. Its intelligent washing system sets the right temperature and offers minimal energy consumption. “Baby care” mode carefully washes your child’s clothing articles, ensuring no rashes develop. Time delay is handy when you have a busy day but need to do laundry.
- Load type: The washing machine is a front-load washing machine. Offering better energy consumption per wash cycle.
- Operation method: It comes with a dial enabling you to choose the desired mode. There is an LCD panel allowing you to view the remaining time and wash settings. Further, there are indicators on the panel that offer you more flexibility to wash your clothes.
- Spin speed: The washing machine gives you 1000 rpm but even has a 1200 rpm variant.
Rank 4: Whirlpool
- Capacity and price: The 7 kg washing machine from whirlpool makes ends the list of best 7kg washing machine in UAE. The simple and elegant appliance costs approximately AED 1,350, which is an absolute value buy.
- Washing modes: An effective 15°C wash that keeps your colours brighter for longer is featured. This is known as colours plus mode. You also benefit from fresh care settings that gently move the clothes around in the drum. These fresh care settings ensure your clothes do not have an odour. This holds true even when left unattended for several hours.
- Load type: Front-load machine that is easy to use. It comes in an elegant and simple design and white colour.
- Operation method: You can choose from over 12 settings with the dial before starting your machine. This gives you improved flexibility and control over your wash.
- Spin speed: The 1000 rpm device can wash all your clothes without damaging your delicates and silks.
Light Capacity, Heavy Cleaning
There you have it. An impressive list of features crammed into a 7kg capacity washing machine. In most cases, a washing machine of this size can take care of all your washing needs. Going for a larger drum such as 12 kgs is heavier on the pocket and not mention on the water bills that follow. Remember you want to fill up the drum before each wash to maximize savings. Careful to not overfill it and damage your appliance and clothes. Here you can read 9 tips to keep your washing machine from damaging clothes.