Water is essential for all forms of life, even though it doesn’t provide calories or organic nutrients. Purchasing the best water purifier in UAE will keep you away from waterborne diseases. Moreover, it will enable you to drink safe water. One of the primary concern these days is water contamination due to the increasing pollution. Waterborne diseases such as Cholera, Typhoid and Dysentery are caused by drinking contaminated water. Dirty water plays a major role too. Hence, drinking purified water is one of the most vital things to keep us healthy. Although the local water authorities in UAE put in extreme effort to produce water fit for consumption. They can’t guarantee you the condition of pipes that deliver water to your home. Thus, a water purifier is a must as you can’t afford to drink direct tap water.
RO Water Purifier Vs UV Water Purifier
Before you purchase a water purifier, check the different types available. This, in turn, will help you to purchase the right one. The three major water purifiers are Reverse Osmosis (RO), Ultraviolet (UV), and UltraFiltration (UF). This article focusses on RO and UV water purifiers as they’re better options. Once you know the difference, it will be easy to pick the purifier that suits your needs.
|RO Water Purifier||UV Water Purifier|
|Kills and eliminates all the bacteria and viruses from the water.||Kills all the bacteria and viruses. But their dead bodies remain in the water, unlike RO purifier.|
|It requires electricity to operate.||Requires electricity to operate.|
|Eliminates the dissolved salts.||Can’t remove the dissolved salts.|
|Needs electricity to boost tap water pressure.||It can work with normal tap water pressure.|
|It has a pre-filtration system to work with dirty water.||The water should be clear for UV to work.|
RO Water Purifier
Firstly, Reverse Osmosis (RO) water purifiers require power to work. They can’t work without electricity. Secondly, RO is the only water purification system that removes the total dissolved solids in water. Thirdly, most of the RO water purifiers have the pre-filtration feature. This feature enables it to purify dirty or muddy water. However, RO purifiers are not capable of desalination. Desalination is the process of converting saline water into freshwater. Furthermore, RO purifiers require a lot of water. This leads to more water wastage in comparison to UV water purifiers. However, you can always use this wastewater for mopping of the house and plants.
UV Water Purifier
Now let’s move on to Ultraviolet (UV) water purifiers. In the first place, UV water purifiers can’t remove the dissolved salts present in the water. Unlike RO water purifiers. Hence, you should purchase a UV purifier only when you receive water from public or municipality water supply. Purchase an RO water purifier in case you’re not sure about the TDS levels in the water. Further, UV technology is chemical-free. It can kill all the bacteria and viruses present in the water. But the issue is that the dead bodies of these bacteria will outlive in the water, unlike RO purifiers. The UV purifiers can eliminate 99.99% of the bacteria present in the water.
When the water passes around the UV bulb. The UV rays will pass through the cells of the bacteria, virus, cysts and kill them. Although UV water purifiers require electricity to operate they don’t consume much electricity. Another thing to note is that UV water purifiers can’t work with dirt or Turbid water. The dust particles present in the water can shield the bacteria against the powerful UV rays.
Without further ado, let’s dive into some of the best water purifiers for safe drinking water. Choose one that fits your requirements and budget. Reading the features of all the products will help in making a choice.
Rank 1: Kent Grand + RO Water Purifier
Kent Grand + is the highest-selling water purifier with futuristic double purification technology. This is the reason it’s one of the best water purifiers in UAE.
- Mineral RO Technology: Kent’s Mineral RO technology retains the essential natural minerals in purified water using the TDS Controller. Thus providing 100% safe and tasty drinking water.
- Multistage Purification Process: The multistage process consists of RO+UV+UF+TDS Control+UV disinfection in the storage tank. Hence, drinking water is 100% safe for consumption. This process not only removes the dissolved impurities such as chemicals and salts but also bacteria and viruses. Moreover, it also improves the taste of water.
- High Storage and Purification Capacity: Kent Grand + has 9 litres of purified water storage capacity. Its high purification capacity of more than 20L/hr helps in providing purified water at a faster rate. Thereby, making it easily available for you.
- In-tank UV Disinfection: The Kent Grand + comes with an in-tank UV disinfection feature. This helps in keeping the stored water in the storage tank free of contaminants. That too for a longer period of time.
- Save Water Technology: Conventional RO purifiers retain only a small quantity of water as purified. Kent’s save water technology uses a computer-controlled process to recover more water as purified. Moreover, the rejected water is stored in a separate tank which can be utilized for mopping and washing.
- Price: The Kent Grand + RO water purifier is available for around AED 1,600.
Rank 2: Xiaomi Viomi RO Water Purifier
- 400G Flux: The 400G huge water output, 1L/min water output meets family demand. It offers a faster water output than common water purifiers. Besides this, real-time filtration and water output after 1 second. Within 5 minutes it gives you a production of 10 pieces of bottled water.
- Good Water Quality: After filtration, the water quality complies with General Standard for bottled drinking water.
- 2 Filter Elements for 4 Stages of Filtration: 2 filter elements help in saving space and cost as they are used for 4 stages of filtration.
- 3-in-1 Filter Element: The innovative 3-in-1 filter element, 3 filter elements respectively of stage 1, stage 2, and stage 4 are integrated into 1 filter element. One filter element performs the function of 3 filter elements for convenient and secure use.
- Activated Carbon: Rear sintering activated carbon is further improved and optimized. Hence, leading to better filtration effect and lower replacement cost.
- Price: Xiaomi Viomi RO water purifier is available for around AED 1,700.
Rank 3: Xiaomi Water Purifier
- Ultra-fine RO filtration: Unlike typical water filters, Xiaomi Viomi has an ultra-fine 0.0001-micron filtration. This removes bacteria, antibiotics and heavy metals. Moreover, it has 4 filtration layers in total to provide thorough cleansing.
- Avoids Bacteria Growth: It doesn’t have a storage tank to keep purified water. In order to avoid bacteria growth and secondary contamination.
- As Pure as Bottled Water: This water purifier offers up to 99.9% bacteria filtration and heavy metal filtration. Besides this, it offers 99.7% organic matter filtration and antibiotic filtration.
- High-flux 400 Gallon Flow: Xiaomi Viomi water purifier has been creatively engineered. It has a high-flux flow without using a storage tank. Secondly, the improvisation of the RO filter design accommodates multiple water channels instead of one. This increases the filtration area and efficiency.
- Compact on the Countertop: A simple, compact purifier that looks beautiful on any countertop and installs easily. As a result, there’s no need for any extensive changes to your kitchen. It is extremely compact and has a base area smaller than an A4 paper.
- Price: Xiaomi water purifier is available for around AED 1,900.
Rank 4: Forbes HD RO Water Purifier
- Biotron Cartridge: The cartridge magnetizes water and de-clusters the water molecules. Thereby, making the water more bioavailable by unlocking the nutrients in the water. Moreover, promising you the healthiest water.
- Electronic Life Membrane Enhancer (EMLE): It prevents scaling of dissolved salts on the surface of the membrane. Hence, enhancing both membrane life and performance.
- High Definition RO: The space-age HD RO membrane of Dr. Aquaguard Magna is designed for superior performance. Ensuring high water recovery and retention of natural minerals.
- Hybrid Carbon Chemi Block (HCCB) Cartridge: Removes excess chlorine, bad odour, colour and organic impurities. Besides this, it eliminates new age contaminants like heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides.
- HD Filter Cartridge: Very useful in removing fine particles like dust, mud, dirt, and sand.
- Mineral Cartridge: Proves effective as it enhances the taste of water by removing dissolved gases like VOC’s. Additionally, it increases the calcium and magnesium levels in water to balance pH.
- RO Membrane: Unique RO technology membrane removes excess TDS and blocks dissolved impurities. Further, it removes chemical contaminants and retains essential minerals in the drinking water.
- Pesticide-Free Water: RO technology removes dissolved salts as well as hardness. Your water is also free of pesticides and heavy metals like arsenic, lead and mercury.
- Price: Forbes HD RO water purifier is available for around AED 1,680.
Rank 5: Milano RO Plus UV Water Purifier
- Compact Design: The main attraction of the Milano RO plus UV water purifier is that it’s very compact. The compact, modern and fashionable Italian design makes it suitable for every household.
- 5 Stage Water Purification: It uses 5 stage water purification to ensure clean and safe drinking water.
- Double Protection: This amazing piece uses both RO as well as UV technology. Hence, one device offering double protection.
- UV Lamp: The post-UV lamp kills all the microorganisms that are left out during the filtration process.
- Price: Milano RO Plus Water Purifier is available for approximately AED 920.
Now that you’ve seen some of the best water purifiers in UAE, you can go ahead and make your choice.
Is Tap Water Safe in UAE?
In the UAE, water comes from desalination. FYI, desalination is a process that takes away mineral components from saline water. Tap water is safe to drink in UAE as long as pipes storing and bringing water to the home are clean and in good condition. Dubai’s utility companies have said this as there is a high risk of corrosion and contamination. This is because of the fact that the tap water in Dubai is desalinated. This is the main reason why people prefer RO water purifiers and bottled water. Some people said that water from the water plant reaches their house after travelling 50kms long pipeline network. Which is very difficult even for the authorities to monitor.
Further, once the water reaches, it’s pumped and stored on a water tank on the terrace of the building. From there it travels through more pipes within the building walls and finally to the tap. This is sure to scare you as well as everyone. Just consider this. Many km of unknown level of contamination in pipes. Then a few metres of pipe reaching the tank. Also, whether the tank has been cleaned or not. Nobody knows that. Again a few more pipes after that and then the water from the tap into your glass. Do you still think that this water is safe to drink? No. It isn’t. The unknown contamination along the pipes is a cause of worry. Hence an RO water filter is recommended.
Say No to Bottled Water
I understand that it’s a little difficult to stop using bottled water completely. Since bottled water was made to look trendy in the 1980s, many people have become used to buying it. Unfortunately, there are numerous environmental concerns with bottled water. The fact is that single-use plastic bottles cannot be broken down. Due to this, they stay on Earth and in oceans for hundreds of years. Thereby the fish-eating it and all of this ending up on our plates (if you’re a fish eater). It’s a cycle that follows and we don’t understand how hazardous plastic is. The production of bottled water consumes energy, pollutes the environment and contributes to global warming.
Production of plastic bottles uses a lot of energy. Additionally, it emits toxic chemicals which cycle back to pollute our drinking water. Transportation of bottled water across the earth releases dangerous amounts of carbon dioxide in the air. That too thousands of kilometres across the Earth. Hence, hindering our efforts to combat climate change. Thus, you see how risky plastic can be. Say no to bottled water and get an RO water purifier at home. It’s that simple to use and convenient. Carry your own water from home instead of purchasing bottled water from out.
Say Hello to Safe Drinking Water
If you want to live a healthy life then you need to drink purified water daily. This is one of the most essential things to consider. Above all, I hope this article is helpful to you in opting the best water purifier in UAE. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine stated a crucial thing about water. Firstly, adequate daily fluid intake should be 15.5 cups i.e 3.7 liters for men. Secondly, for women, it should be 11.5 cups which is 2.7 liters daily. Since you’ve seen the differences between the various purification technologies, make a choice depending upon your requirements. But, RO water purifier would be a better option for you. If you feel the need for a RO+UV water purifier then you can purchase this one. The choice is all yours. Consider reading the best air purifiers in UAE to breathe clean and pollution-free air.